Chapter Thirty One

Undeniably Lost

Really long chapter, sorry. Yet to proofread.


Chapter Thirty One

A week after Jongin’s unexpected proposal few minutes into the new year, Sera, like she planned, arranged a weekend where she, Jaein and Aeiyoung can meet, spend the day together and also, to help her choose a dog she can adopt. She has a few options but then, having a soft spot for the animal, she can get very indecisive. She might end up adopting two of them if she can’t really make a proper choice by the end of it. Before heading to the pet shelter though, they go to a café to have a drink and some bite and also some shopping that Jaein wanted.

Presently, Aeiyoung is currently driving Sera’s car on their way to the latter’s place. Jaein is sitting at the back while her sister is in the front passenger seat, petting her newly adopted dog. In the end, the oldest lady ends up choosing one dog and that is a white pomeranian puppy. She named it Coco.

“What dinner would the both of you want?’ Sera asks, continuing to play with her new pet.

Jaein looks up from her phone. “I’m feeling some Japanese food.”

The lady driver glances at her rearview mirror and smiles. She answers the lady’s question who’s next to her. “I’m happy with that.”

“Alright, then. Easy.” Sera says, grabbing her phone to make an order so it’ll be there shortly after they arrive.

Parking at the garage, Aeiyoung takes Sera’s bag and hers while Jaein gets all the bags of clothes and shoes she bought from earlier. The oldest lady looks at her younger sister, still carrying Coco in her arms. “Sleeping over?”

“Yeah!” Jaein replies. “Mum and Dad knows too.”

“Okay, as long as they know.” She turns to Aeiyoung who is looking down at her phone with a smile on her face. “Is Jongin coming?”

The lady beautiful lady looks up and smiles as she nods. “He’ll be here soon.”

“Alright, let’s go in.”

Sera punches her code in and enters her very own house. Coco clings to her, making the new Mum chuckle. She looks behind at Aeiyoung, “Make yourself at home.” Then, she bobs her head towards her sister, “Just be comfortable as she is!”

Aeiyoung nods, chuckling quietly as she glances at Jaein. She really appreciates how welcoming Sera is. But before she takes a seat, she takes her time to look around the stunning interiors of the flat. It’s a lot different than Jongin’s, given the furnitures and colour palette but it gives similar vibe. It is more neutral than feminine and that makes it even more stunning.

The place also gives an immediate impression the person living there is alone and busy. It isn’t messy. In fact, it is absolutely clean that she can tell things are barely used and touched. She can tell how busy it must be to be a doctor.

The lady turns her head down and she feels someone at her feet. A smile curves to her lips upon seeing Coco approaching her. She bends down and pets the puppy. The young one is already familiar and at-home in the place despite not being here for longer than ten minutes. Remembering about the new Mum, she glances around and finds Sera by the kitchen, probably with in mind to set up the table for dinner.

Aeiyoung stands up, leaving the cute dog to run and about again. Then, she approaches the older lady. “Can I do anything to help?”

“No, no. That’s fine.” She immediately answers. Then, as better she thinks about it, knowing Aeiyoung better, she presumes, “You hate being idle, don’t you?”

She nods, humming as a response with a shy smile.

“Alright,” She looks around and points. “There are glasses in the cupboard up there, if you can get it for me, that’ll be great.”

More than willing, Aeiyoung bobs her head and does what she’s told, washing her hands first. Few seconds later, she hears Sera asking the youngest lady if everything she bought is already unloaded from the car. Jaein responds but it’s too faint for the other to hear. Then as she turns, bringing the glasses with both of her hands to the table, she sees her playing with Coco.

As soon as the Japanese food that was ordered arrives, Jaein jumps up from the couch, groaning but thankful that the food already arrived. She fetches the orders to the door and hurries quickly. Meanwhile, Aeiyoung receives a message that Jongin is outside. She puts her phone down and the doorbell rings again.

“I’ll go get it.” She informs the two other ladies. “It’s Jongin.”

“Oh,” Sera smiles. “okay.”

Walking towards the door, Aeiyoung opens it and sees her fiancé standing before it, tired but still manages to look breathtaking as ever. Giving a soft smile, Jongin enters and hugs her tightly, dipping his nose to her hair with his eyes closed as she pats and rubs his back with her hand gently.

“Long day?” She can already tell by how his countenance looked.

“Very.” He answers in a husky whisper. He tightens the embrace, regaining all the energy he lost since earlier after a long and stressful day at work.

They would forget to let go if not for the new puppy barking.

Aeiyoung pulls away and steps aside to give him a proper view of the dog. Jongin’s lips part and bends down. His eyes then search for his sisters who are standing next to each other with cheeky and amused smile on their faces. He knows they’ve been watching them but he ignores that as he puts his gaze back down to the dog. He picks it up with his one hand securely, putting it safely on his arms. “So, you’re my sister’s new baby?” He talks to the new pup.

He puts the puppy on his one side while his free hand goes to reach out to Aeiyoung. They walk towards the table. He asks his older sister, “What’s his name?”

“Coco.” She tells him and takes the dog from his brother. “We ordered Japanese food. I didn’t bother asking you or telling Aeiyoung to ask you because I know you like it.”

“Yeah.” He nods. “I’m starving.” He groans, placing a hand over his stomach.

Jaein and Aeiyoung chuckles and they begin to sit down while Sera puts Coco down to prepare his own dinner. When she’s done, she cleans herself and joins everyone on the table.

In the middle of the dinner, Sera opens a topic as she finishes drinking the cool water. “When are you guys getting the ring?” She’s noticed that the couple don’t have their engagement rings on their ring fingers yet.

Jongin gives a smirk as he looks at his girl then his sister. “It’s a surprise.”

Jaein frowns slightly and tilts her head. “Hang on, didn’t you say you guys were choosing it together?”

“Yes, we already have, actually.” He reveals, the lady next to her nodding. “But the time I’m going to give it to her is the surprise.

Truth to be told, Jongin wants to give Aeiyoung a proper proposal, something to top over the spontaneous one. He just wants to give everything to her and he knows how it’s every girl’s dream to not only have a big, special and meaningful wedding but also a proposal they’ll never forget their entire life. Aeiyoung deserves it and he’s willing to give everything as he has the means to do so.

“Why am I not even surprised that you got Dad’s ways of being a hopeless romantic?” The oldest lady mutters.

“Well, whenever that is, I want to be there.” Jaein says, stopping her brother to retort anything to their older sister’s remark. And yes, she’s not accepting any ‘no’ from her brother.

Jongin chuckles. “Of course.”

“When do you guys plan to hold the wedding?” Sera continues to ask, curious of their plans.

“I’m ready whenever she is.” Jongin tilts his head towards Aeiyoung’s direction. “She gets the call.” But if he’s really asked, he doesn’t mind getting married anytime soon. The sooner, the better. He’s ready whenever but only if it’s with Aeiyoung. To add to that, he really doesn’t want to force, rush or put pressure on her. She gave him more than enough reassurance ever since. And Jongin chooses to trust on that.

However, the answer he gave forces the oldest sister to turn at her brother’s fiancée, eyes fishing out for an answer.

Aeiyoung smiles shyly, a little flushed. “I’m happy for it to happen before the year ends or even the start of the next year.” Honestly, she is at the same page as Jongin, only that she’s a little hesitant to talk about it because she doesn’t want him to feel rushed. But hearing those words from Jongin, a wave of relief comes through her heart.

The male looks at her with surprised eyes, “Really?”

She bobs her head with a sweet and gentle hum. Her eyes are sincere and reassuring. With that not many words are needed as Jongin’s smiles brightly, forgetting the tiredness and stress he got from work all day.

Jaein squeals loudly, not even trying to suppress it as she utters, “Oh my gosh! The mothers would be so thrilled to hear that!” Her siblings laugh, nodding their heads at that.

Ever since the spontaneous proposal, Younji and Yeonha have been constantly asking the couple about the details of their wedding. They are both excited mothers who can’t wait to see their children get married because for one, it’ll be Younji’s only son’s wedding and the first wedding of the family and for the other, it’ll be Yeonha’s only child’s wedding— the first and lasst. It is only given they are a lot more excited and enthusiastic about the event.

Soon, the dinner finishes and the engaged couple doesn’t stay for long giving the ladies their beauty rest. Though, they don’t leave until everything has been cleaned and is back to the original clean state it was when they arrived. Besides, Aeiyoung thinks her man needs rest too and she doesn’t want to tire him out more than he already is.

They are in the car on their way home as Gyo smoothly drives down the road. The lady is hugging her fiancé’s bicep, leaning her head towards him. Jongin cups her left cheek with his right hand and caresses it. His head gently leaning over hers. “How was today?” He starts a conversation.

“It was good.” She responds for a start. “Jaein enjoys shopping a lot. She would’ve done more if we didn’t need to go to the pet shelter.” She laughs lightly at the memory of the youngest lady pouting and whining but goes ahead anyway without any objections. “And then, the animals at the shelter were so cute! Especially the dogs.” She adds, “Sera had a hard time choosing.”

“What about you?” He asks again.

She looks at him, “Huh?”

“Do you like anything from there?” He becomes more specific to his question. “Do you want to adopt a dog too?”

“Ah.” She smiles and goes back to her original position before shaking her head gently. She breathes, slightly coming off as a sigh, “No… Maybe next time.”

“Why not?” He furthers. “I think it’ll be a good idea.”

She puckers her lips. “I have Maxi and Shiloh though.”

“Yes, but an addition won’t be so bad.” He reasons. “I know you neither have them with you because they’re both keeping company to your parents and you don’t want to take that away from them.”Aeiyoung doesn’t say anything and that’s when he knows she’s thinking about it so, he pushes, “I think it would be nice to adopt a dog that can be with you… with us.”

She squints her eyes at him playfully. “You’re going to share me?”

Now, Jongin knows she’s playing with him. He really loves it whenever this side of her blooms. “Just don’t love the dog more than me. I’m okay with that.”

Aeiyoung hits him gently, rolling her eyes. “Fine.” Then, her tone slightly changes as she asks, “What about you? How was your day?”

He sighs. “Long and tiring.” He holds her hand and gently rubs his thumb over her skin. He begins to talk about the highlights if the day and why it was long and tiring.

The first time Aeiyoung asked about his day, he was hesitant to do so because he didn’t want to bore her out. Who would want to listen to a boring CEO’s day anyway? But his lady showed genuine curiosity and interest and he felt thankful, for having a partner who is always willing to listen no matter how boring and long the day would. To add, after every recount of his tiring, she always made sure that he wouldn’t end the day with a stressed mind. Or if the day went well or really well, she would even it make it better for him. She’s always there whenever he needs comfort and she continues to give that to him no matter how his day would turn out. How? Just how can he ask for more? Because, honestly he can’t ask. With Aeiyoung, he feels like he’s got everything he wants and needs.

“What is your legal team going to do about it?” She asks the next second he finishes.

“They are going to look over it tonight and report to me tomorrow, first thing in the morning.”

“Is there anything I can do to help?”

Jongin meets her eyes and sees how genuinely she wants to help. Appreciative, he shakes his head and hugs her frame. “No, it’s okay.”

“Are you sure?”

“Yes.” He affirms. “You’re with me here, anyway.” His full lips presses on her head. “Just continue doing what you’re doing now for me.”

“Oh,” She smiles. “That isn’t so hard.”

Jongin refused the help not because he thinks Aeiyoung is incapable. She’s a smart girl and very capable in fact, as her mind when it comes to things as such is like a sponge. After all, she isn’t just good at knowing, she knows too well of how to analyse and apply her knowledge in the wisest ways possible. The reason he refused is because he has trust and faith in his people. Other than that, the least he wants is to add to the stress she already gets from her work and how sometimes it can be so strenuous. He really doesn’t want to add to that anymore. And he knows she knows that.

 

Days pass and now Jongin’s birthday ticks into the day, so the man wakes up and opens his eyes to a pleasant and sweetest sight. There is his fiancée, smiling down at him, looking so beautiful, stunning and angelic. Oh, how he loves waking up each morning to see her like this.

“Happy Birthday, love.” Aeiyoung greets, pressing her lips to his in a big smooch. The male moans. As she pulls away, she asks with endearing eyes. “Twenty eight years of existence, how has it been for you, Mr Kim?”

“Twenty eight years?” He repeats, weighing the time at the same time, looking back. “The past year have been the happiest days of my life, Aeiyoung. It wasn’t perfect, but I wouldn’t ask for any other.” Caressing her face, tucking the loose strand of her hair behind her ear, he says, “I feel like I’m only beginning a new life. And for once, I’m not and don’t feel alone. I’m with you.”

Aeiyoung smiles audibly, feeling her heart warm inside. She covers his hand with hers. “I prepared something for you. It isn’t lavish though.”

Jongin doesn’t care about that. Keen to see what she got for him, he asks, “What is it?”

“Here.” Aeiyoung reaches over the other side, crossing above her fiancé and grabs the book she made over the several days. It’s a scrapbook shaped into puzzle piece the she personally customized, decorated and made. It’s not much in terms of monetary, but for someone like Jongin who has everything and can buy everything he wants, she thought that giving him a gift with all her effort in it is something he’d appreciate more. Hopefully, he will like it. She greets him once again, “Happy Birthday, Mr Kim Jongin.”

The male sits up properly and leans on the bundle of pillow against the headboard. He is stunned to see what his fiancée gave to him. The photo on the cover is the one Mina captured when they were at Echo 9 during Sehun’s welcome party.

It was Jongin kissing Aeiyoung’s earlobe, bliss apparent in his countenance and the lady giggling because it was ticklish. She had her hand hovered over the side of his face. They both already have drank their cocktails so they were playful than usual. It was a carefree photo, the same time showing their most natural selves. They both love it.

He looks at his lady and asks, although the answer is obvious. “You made this?”

She nods. “I did.”

“How?”

“Did it during my free time and sacrificed sleep at night.” Before he can say anything about that, she quickly follows, “It was worth it.”

“You’re very sneaky.” He comments, playfully narrowing his eyes at her.

“I can be.” She says proudly. “If it means I see your eyes twinkle like this.”

Jongin continues to flip over the pages. He takes all of his time on each page, appreciating all the details the lady put. He chuckles when he sees the sloppy selfies they took together. Although a lot of people have mentioned how they look good together and how they are stunningly good-looking individuals, they at taking selfies or so, Mina quotes. Their selfies are either shaky and out of focus or they at finding the right lighting or it’s low quality. It’s rare when they do take proper selfies. But, what they’re good at though is taking photos of each other. Which are really reflected through the series of photo pasted on the pages of the scrapbook.

As Aeiyoung watches him admire her work, she silently thanks the people who really took good photos of them together, making this whole scrapbook thing possible. She particularly thanks Jaein, Mina, Sehun and Chanyeol. “Do you like it?” She asks him now that he’s a quarter way through.

Jongin meets her eyes, “I love it. This more than money could ever buy.”

The lady titters in delight and relief. “Well, this is not it. I believe we still have a long day ahead of us, Jongin.”

“Wait, really?” He looks at her, surprised.

“Yes.” Aeiyoung gets off the bed and slips her slipper on. She grabs his hand to pull him up. “I have the whole day planned out. I called Reya and we both tried our best to clear your schedule. And we succeeded. Well, kind of, because you have a lunch meeting with Ms Cha Lim and Mr Kio Tan of Yasu Tech.” She informs. “Reya told me that the set meeting is important and urgent so it can neither be moved or cancelled.” She concludes, “Other than that, you’re all mine today!”

Jongin chuckles and pulls her close, a hand resting on her waist as they walk out of the master’s bedroom. “I like it. I’m very fond of the idea.” He says amusedly.

“Good. Now, let’s go and,” She pats his stomach, “feed this with some good food to start off the day. Come.” She calls and tugs his hand to the dining area.

The day goes on and so far it has been so amusing for Jongin. To see how lively, bright, cheeky and playful his fiancée is, is one of the most beautiful main highlight of his birthday for this year.

Not only she’s leading the day and that she’s got everything settled, but she also takes over all the driving today, leaving him to just relax and worry about nothing. As the day goes on, he figures that Gyo is Aeiyoung’s ally, making everything she prepared possible and goes according to plan.

Having him changed to a business attire, Aeiyoung is currently driving to an Italian restaurant for her fiancé’s lunch meeting with Gyo following closely behind. Jongin’s cheeks are resting on his knuckles, fondly watches his lady with a big smile plastered on his face.

“You’re making me feel conscious.” She mutters as she makes a turn into the intersection. Although her eyes are not leaving the road even for a second, she can feel his gaze on her and it’s making her heart feel all jittery and do flips inside her ribs. “Stop it.”

“I just like watching you like this.” He reasons.

“Mr Kim, just in case you forgot…” She pauses and continues quick few seconds later as she makes a stop before the stop light. She turns her head to look at him. “You have the rest of our lifetime to watch me.”

“Even that won’t be enough.” He says so sweetly.

Aeiyoung pouts. “This is cheating, Jongin. Today’s your birthday and I’m suppose to make you all happy and crazy… Good crazy.”

“I am all of that. You’re doing it pretty well everyday.” He indicates as a matter of fact. “But maybe… just a little more extra today.”

Her cheeks starts to pink, as she mumbles driving off when the traffic light signals green. “Better be.” She says softly, “I don’t want to fail you on your birthday.”

“How can a Ji Aeiyoung fail me?” He asks playfully. “You already succeeded when I woke up to you this morning.”

Feeling the temperature on her cheeks rise up even more, she diverts the topic before it becomes apparent even more to her cheeks and ears. “Are you sure you want to take me with you to the meeting?” She asks. “I can stay tables away and watch you do business again.”

Jongin shifts, his gaze still on her. “Of course. I can’t let you sit alone. And besides, they should know that their business associate is soon no longer a bachelor.” When he sees her thinking about it, he pushes, “I want you there with me. You’re my lucky charm.”

“I’m just worried that it might be confidential.” She reasons.

“No, it isn’t.” He states. “Who knows, you might even be of help. You’ll come with me, right?”

Aeiyoung smirks, as she puts the car on indication to park. “Saying no to the birthday boy is against the rules, isn’t it?”

His smile is now back on his lips. “Yes. Yes, it is.”

Safely parked, she puts the car’s ignition off and unbuckles her seatbelt. She looks at him. “Then, yes. I’m coming with you.”

He leans back, “Wow, I seriously can’t wait to call you my Mrs Kim.”

Giggling, she tells him, “Come on now, Mr Kim. We can’t let them wait longer. Time is money in business, isn’t it?”

“That, is indeed true.”

Ready to slide out, Gyo opens the door for the lady, remaining true to his duty as Jongin gets off to the other side. He comes around and slides his hands on hers before heading inside the restaurant after Aeiyoung gives his thanks to the older man.

Being an exclusive and high-end Italian restaurant, only elites are present. Given this, they are well assisted by the staff. However, it doesn’t impress Jongin’s fiancée hen the rather familiar lady he’s meeting with, Cha Lim, comes forth and hugs him in a little too friendly manner, completely pushing Aeiyoung aside.

But she confronts the situation in a sophisticated manner when she takes the time to approach the businessman left behind, Kio Tan, who is smiling politely behind.

“Mr Kio.” She greets, shaking the male’s hand. “Nice to meet you, I’m Ji Aeiyoung.”

“Good afternoon, Ms Ji.” Mr Kio returns. “A pleasure to meet you.” Aeiyoung gives a polite nod. “Please have a seat.”

She does so and glances at the two other figures who is just finished with their pleasantries. Jongin gives her an apologetic and wary look before greeting Mr Kio in a professional manner.

Ms Cha, on the other hand, quickly greets Aeiyoung but rather in a hastily manner. The latter sighs quietly and waits for her man to walk and take a seat next to him.

Upon approaching her, he takes a seat next to his lady, grabbing her hand tight and clenches it in a reassuring manner. Ms Cha sits across Jongin next to Mr Kio who is across to Aeiyoung.

“You look rather familiar.” Ms Cha prompts, laying the table napkin over her thighs. She quickly raises a hand up to call a waiter. “I believe we’ve met before?”

Aeiyoung lets her finish ordering a wine before answering, “I wouldn’t say met but we’ve seen each other briefly at J.KEH. Several months ago.”

“Oh, that’s right.” She nods. “You were that girl. So, what do you work in J.KEH as?” She raises her eyebrow, giving that judgemental look, seeing how the skin of their arms are touching but can’t confirm whether they are holding hands. “Wine?” She offers.

Aeiyoung shakes her head. “No, thank you.” She declines and then proceeds to answer her initial question in a stern manner. “I don’t work for J.KEH.”

“So you’re—”

“She’s my fiancé.” Jongin states, cutting her off and not tolerating how Ms Cha is looking and talking to his lady. “But I believe that talking further about this matter is out of our business agenda for today. I’d like it if we just proceed.”

Mr Kio joins in. “I agree.” He glances at the two people he has a deal with as a CEO of his company. “Apologies on our part. I know how busy each day must be for you.”

J.KEH’s chuckles. “No worries.” He says. “I’m sure it’s not very different with you, Mr Kio.

“That’s indeed true.” He confirms. “We’ve ordered the chef’s specialty. Is that okay?”

Jongin glances at his fiancée. Seeing her nod, he smiles at the other male. “Thank you.”

As the meeting goes on, Aeiyoung realises that neither Ms Cha or Mr Kio knows that it is Jongin’s birthday today. Perhaps, it is really never his intention to let him know and whatnot. Not that it matters, anyway.

In the middle of lunch, Aeiyoung receives a phone call from her mother so, she decides to get up and find a quiet place where she can talk to Yeonha without interrupting Jongin’s meeting.

Leaning in to whisper, she lets him know, “Mum is calling. I’ll be back.”

Jongin nods, understanding what she meant but before letting her go, he tugs her hand and comes forth to press a quick kiss to his fiancée’s cheeks. She smiles before politely excusing herself to the two people across.

Finding a good space, she answers the call. “Mum.”

“Hey, darling!” Yeonha greets. The daughter can imagine how bright the smile her mother is wearing just by hearing how lively her voice sounds. “I just called to greet Jongin a happy birthday. Younji told me it’s his birthday today.”

“Oh.” Aeiyoung chuckles. “Yes, it is. I’m spending the day with him.”

“Where is he?” The mother asks.

“We’re at the restaurant. Just having a lunch meeting with his business associates.”

“Is he now? Do either of you get any rest?” She wonders. “It’s a special day.”

“We do get rest, Mum.” She reassures. “It’s just that this one is important and urgent. But after this, it’s all on us.” She smiles apologetically although being completely aware that she can’t see her. “I’m sorry you can’t talk to him right now.”

“Oh no, that’s okay, honey!” Yeonha shrugs it off. “You can always give me a call back or I can call again later after I make rounds around the school.”

“Thank you, Mum.”

“Alright, I need to go now. I love you, Aeiyoung.”

“Love you too, Mum.” She says before ending the call.

With that she walks back to the table, joining them again. Jongin glances at her and she nods letting him know that everything is okay. The meeting goes on and Aeiyoung listens as attentive as she can, not wanting to interrupt and ruin things at any point. Besides, she doesn’t doubt that her fiancé knows what he’s doing.

And… another reason why she isn’t talking as much is because she is observing the lady across closely. She really just doesn’t like Ms Cha for some reason. It can be her possessive side that she doesn’t know it exists or she’s being unreasonably a jealous prick. The way the other lady is looking at Jongin isn’t making her comfortable.

As though Jongin is sensing her thoughts, she feels a hand reaching out to hold hers. Jongin’s hand slips through hers, entwining their fingers together. Then, he squeezes it like a reassurance. Aeiyoung glances at him, who is busily having a discussion with the other lady and Mr Kio. She smiles shyly and puts her gaze back to her food.

The lunch meeting soon finishes and they conclude with final handshakes. Watching Mr Kio and Ms Cha leave, the couple glances at each other. Aeiyoung gives him both a tight and soft smile, not wanting to talk about how she got unreasonably jealous over a woman like Ms Cha.

“Let’s go.” She says quietly, already turning towards the direction where their car is.

Jongin pulls her back before she can take a step, making her shift to him again. “You’ve been really quiet the entire meeting.” He points. Now that they are on it, he lets his facade fall, unleashing the worry that has creeped inside him since earlier.

“You were having an important meeting, Jongin. It’s rude to act like I know all when I don’t. And, I technically have no right because I’m not part of J.KEH.”

Actually, Aeiyoung isn’t lying as she said those words. She doesn’t know anything about the meeting and even if she does, the most she can do is PR. As much as she wants to help, it won’t be appropriate because for one, if she’ll do so, she wants to know everything about the deal or even the meeting itself. She wants to know the in and outs and not just rely on what’s going on in the conversation as the meeting goes on. Two, she isn’t an employee in J.KEH. She can bet that Jongin’s VP, Rheid, will always know more than she’ll ever do.

“Yes, but that’s besides the point.” Truth to be told, the way Aeiyoung spoke clenches his heart. He’s sure he doesn’t like it and he really doesn’t want to go anywhere and do more for his birthday if he knows his lover isn’t happy or entirely happy. She wasn’t this way the last time he took her with him during his on location meetings. “Lim didn’t make you comfortable, did she?” He now confronts her, unable to hold back.

Aeiyoung gapes at him. “You knew?” He knew she was flirting with him?

“I’m a man, love.” He says, answering her unsaid question. Now that he is looking at her eyes, he sees the difference from how it did from the start of the day and just then were different. So different, it makes him feel uneasy. Pulling her closer, he continues, “But being more than just a man, I’m your man. I’m your lover and I know— I can feel when something is bothering you.” He caresses her cheek with his thumb. “I felt it earlier.”

The lady breaks free. She looks down and takes Jongin’s hand off her face. He feels a pinch in his heart as she does. Sighing, she admits in a mutter, “She really likes you, Jongin. She wants you.”

Then, she huffs. She covers her face with both of her hands, feeling so embarrassed and silly for being so jealous when he has done so much to reassure her. But then, she is a woman herself, and she is bound to get jealous whenever there are women out there so ready to throw themselves at the man she loves. It’s an annoying feeling but she can’t help it.

Jongin breaks into a smile and tilts his head, watching his girl flushing into embarrassment. It wasn’t his intention to make her jealous and he thinks it’ll never be but this whole jealousy Aeiyoung is showing is another shot of reassurance of just how much she loves him. He feels like a teenager, one who gets excited and all happy whenever he sees his girlfriend jealous.

Aeiyoung has always been good at keeping her jealousy in within her maturity but seeing her breakout like this is amusing and somewhat beguiling. No, he’s not making fun of her jealousy, but it’s just nice to see someone so reserved and mature like her to show this side of her. It’s these things he doesn’t want anyone else to see but him. Just him.

“Nevermind. It’s silly.” The lady tries to shrug it off, taking the first step towards their incoming car. But of course, Jongin doesn’t let her go so easily. He holds his hand up telling them he needs a minute or two.

Getting the gesture, Gyo bows his politely and withdraws. He heads to the SUV he’s been driving since earlier, staying closely behind his boss and his fiancée.

Aeiyoung is twirled around and making her face him. “We’re not going anywhere.” He says to her gently. His eyes at her are honest and affectionate. “It’s not silly. Being jealous is not silly.”

“But…” She groans, furrowing her eyebrows at him lightly. She puckers her lips angrily. He can go crazy at how adorable and cute she is.

Rubbing his hands on her arms in a comforting manner, he pulls her to his embrace. “Get jealous all you want.” He kisses the crown of her head. “Remind and tell them who I belong to.”

She looks up at him, fixing his hair. “That’s going to be a lot of work.” She expects.

“Well, most part of it will come from me.” He says. They stare into each other’s eyes before he utters, “I seriously can’t wait to marry you. Everyone will know you’re mine and that I’m just yours.”

She titters. “That isn’t so far from now, Mr Kim.”

“And I can’t wait!” Jongin expresses, giving her a firm kiss on the lips.

For the rest of day, the two enjoy it again making her completely forget about the existence of the woman she got jealous over with. Jongin gives Aeiyoung's mother a call, upon her telling him, thanking her for the birthday greeting and apologising for not being able to attend to her earlier. And to end the day, after dining at a prestigious rooftop restaurant, they go back to his— that is now their place to cuddle and watch some movies. Neither of them really wants the day to end but for whatever they have left now, they are going savour each minute of it.

 

Five days later, the night before Aeiyoung’s birthday, Jongin checks his phone after a long meeting only to read a message from his finacée that she has gone home. Ending the day early because she isn’t feeling well. A frown immediately becomes apparent in his face. He calls her number but goes missed.

He takes a sharp breath and beats his assistant who is approaching to tell him something, saying, “Cancel whatever I have for the rest of the day. You’re done for the day.”

Surprised by how cold, adamant, and levelled his voice sounds, she sees worry in his eyes and thus, does not object. There must be an emergency. She bows, “Should I call Gyo, Mr Kim?”

Jongin glances at her and his gaze slightly softens— appreciating and recognising the alert mind of his assistant. He bobs his head, “Thank you.”

Returning back to his apartment as soon as possible, he comes into the foyer and Mikyeong greets him respectfully.

He acknowledges her and asks, “Aeiyoung?”

“She’s in the master’s, Sir. She already ate, took her meds, and fell asleep about an hour and half ago.” She informs.

“Thank you.” He smiles, though tightly being worried but sincerely appreciating it. “Please give either Dr Heo or Dr Kang a call, whoever is available and can come here faster.”

“Okay, Sir.” The woman bows and goes off to do what she’s asked.

Jongin eyes towards the direction of his room with incredibly worried eyes. He takes quiet steps towards it and finds her sleeping soundly and warm on his bed. Carefully, he sits on the edge of the bed and caresses her head lightly.

As Aeiyoung is in deep sleep, he takes the time to freshen up and change from his business attire to a pair of track pants and a simple cotton tee. Ruffling his hair with a towel around his neck, he crawls over the bed and checks her temperature by putting her hand over her forehead. He sighs at that. There isn’t really much he can do but stay with and next to her.

Forty five minutes later, Jongin is sitting next to her figure on the bed as he is on his laptop and with hard copy documents on hand. Aeiyoung moves in her sleep and slightly opens her eyes to see her man there. She gives him a weak as she croaks, “Welcome home.”

The male keeps his gaze worriedly at her before he shuts his laptop and gets his document. He stands on his feet and places it all on the desk in his room before walking back.

With his eyes on her, she shifts her head so she can get a proper view of his approaching figure, getting rid of her hazy vision. “Have you eaten?”

“How can you still ask that?” He asks, taking the space to sit as close as he can next to her. Her selflessness continues to confuse him. When she doesn’t answer, he informs her, “Dr Heo is coming here within five minutes.” Mikyeong had informed him earlier that Dr Heo will be coming and fifteen minutes ago, he received a message that the practitioner is coming in twenty minutes.

She nods obediently, not having any energy at all. “Okay.” Her eyes feel incredibly heavy as well.

“Are we going to celebrate your birthday tomorrow like this?” He tries to scold but it really came out sounding so concerned. His eyes are showing all that too.

“I’m sorry.” She says, her gaze are utterly apologetic. “I was going to drive to the doctors but I couldn’t.”

Jongin clenches his eyes, shaking his head. “I’m glad you didn’t.” Who knows, she could’ve gone into an accident while trying to do so. And he can’t have that. It’ll be the death of him. “You should’ve gave Gyo a call. He would get something arranged for you.”

“I didn’t want to bother anyone.” She reasons, “I wouldn’t have done it if I knew I can’t make it here safely.”

The male looks away, trying to hide and suppress the surge of frustration and anger boiling inside him. But that dissipates when he feels her cold hand hold his in a tight squeeze. It clenches his heart. It’s too cold for his liking yet there are beads of sweat on her forehead.

“Are you mad at me?” She asks.

He breathes. “No.” He pauses. “I’m not mad at you. I’m mad because you’re sick again. It pains me whenever I see you like this.”

Seeing that, Aeiyoung weakly gets up and looks at him with her round eyes. “If I tell you I honestly feel a lot better than I ever did in the past several years, would you believe me?”

Jongin meets her gaze and tries to search for lies but finds none and only sees truthfulness. He softens.

“I am okay, Jongin.” She reassures. She’s saying this, not only because she doesn’t want him to worry, but because this time, it’s the truth. Her body has significantly become better as it could ever get after her frequent regular check ups and appointments with Dr Heo and Dr Kang. He has always ensured that her health is becoming better day after day. And for this one, Aeiyoung thinks it’s just mainly the weather and her extra restless days from work that hit her system down again.

Reading through her eyes, Jongin melts and breathes in as he takes her to his embrace. “Be well, my baby.” Burying his nose on her hair, he confesses, “I just really don’t like you sick. I feel like I’m going to lose you whenever you are.”

The lady smiles despite her slightly ashen lips. She cups his face and lets her see the twinkle in her eyes over her sick body. “I will be okay.” She whispers clearly, only for him to hear.

A knock is then heard through the door. They can only assume that it’s Mikyeong and probably Dr Heo has arrived. Jongin responds and the door opens. They are not wrong.

The male crawls out of the bed and gets onto his feet. He shares a firm handshake with the doctor as they greet each other. Aeiyoung stays on the bed and lets the doctor do the initial checks on her. Her fiancé and the housekeeper share glances. The latter takes her leave and promptly performs her duty.

An hour later, Dr Heo finishes and updates the couple on the lady’s condition. Medicines are also provided and for the ones which he doesn’t have with him, Jongin calls for Gyo to make the errand and purchase them in which the older man is more than willing to.

When everything finishes, the couple cuddles on the bed with Jongin protecting, cuddling and snuggling his girl like a bear. While Aeiyoung is not able to stay awake for long, her eyelids fall and she enters to dreamland fairly quickly. He, on the other hand, stays up for a while, feeling her heartbeat on him until sleep hits him.

The next morning, Aeiyoung wakes up to the sound of the door opening. As her view gets clearer, she sees Jongin carrying a food tray with handle and foldable legs for breakfast in bed. She can see a glimpse of her favourite flower too.

She props her hand to sit up. She moves further to the other side and hugs her knees along with the duvet. Her fiancé smiles sweetly upon noticing her awake, delighted to see more colour to her face than the night before. He places the wooden breakfast tray in front of and sits on the space she provided. He looks at her properly for a few second before capturing her lips into a firm kiss, greeting her a happy birthday as he pulls away. His lips are only a strand of hair away from hers.

Aeiyoung smiles and playfully pinches his ears, kissing his lips again. Her eyes drop to the food prepared and laid before her then she turns at him. “Did you make this?”

“I tried.” He answers bashfully. “I got Mikyeong to give me some hand.”

She hums, taking the fork and the knife. “Shall we taste?”

“Quickly, before it cools down.” He says both a little excited and anxious. This is the first he cooked for her, for someone and ever in his life and he isn’t quite sure what to feel.

As Aeiyoung feeds herself, she chews and waits for the flavours to reach her taste buds. Then, she beams up, welcomed by Jongin’s eyes, earnest for a reaction, a positive reaction. She barely can stop from giggling as she puts an end to his misery. “Oh my gosh, you can cook!” When she sees that he doesn’t believe her, she forks another and places it before his mouth. “Here, try some.” As takes it in, she giggles upon seeing his gaze change into a bright and surprised one. “It’s good, isn’t it?” Because honestly, it is. She isn’t kidding especially for a first-timer.

With a clear mouth, the food swallowed, he says quite relieved. “I think I might need to thank Mikyeong for this.”

“It’s healthy too.” She drops her fork for a while and holds a side of his face, “You did so well, Jongin.”

“Thank you.” At this point, the man thinks he can do everything and anything for his one and only, Ji Aeiyoung.

“And thank you for this too.” She follows, softly brushing the flower over his nose.

“You’re welcome.” He says and then urges her to continue eating.

Upon finishing the first meal of the day and her prescribed medications, Aeiyoung asks him, taking back the stem into her hand as the housekeeper takes the serving tray out of the room and back to the kitchen. “What are we going to do for the day?”

“That’s up to me.” He says. “I planned something else for today but I don’t want to risk it with your condition like this.” When he sees her face fall, he quickly continues, “But that’s okay because I have a back up. And we’re going to do that instead of the original plan.” He adds, “Personally, I like this one better.”

“What is it?” Her eyes are so curious.

“You’ll see as we go.” He tells her.

To Aeiyoung, her man, Kim Jongin, does not never ever disappoint. Washing up quickly and getting ready for the day, he takes her to places she both doesn’t know and are meaningful not only to her but to both them. He treats her like a princess she is always to him. This is their first birthdays they are celebrating and celebrated together and surely they both made it so special and unforgettable— even if she isn’t her completely healthy self for hers.

All Aeiyoung wanted was for him to spend the whole day with her because being busy in their respective careers, it is something they don’t get to do so much until the end of day. Sometimes, he would always be out of the country for business trips and even if it’s quite often, Aeiyoung doesn’t reckon she’ll ever get used to this. Probably it’s all the reason why she appreciates and cherishes moments like this more.

“I have the rings.” Jongin announces quietly over the English movie they are watching.

Aeiyoung stops chewing the sliced apple and looks at him, mouth slightly agape. “You do?”

He nods. “Yeah.”

She shifts, untangling their tangled legs and puts the bite-sized left apple in her hand to . She searches around him, trying to spot the rings.

Jongin chuckles softly. “But I’m not going to give them just yet.”

She juts her bottom lip out as her face falls. “Why?”

“I want to make it special.”

“But it is already special.” She counters gently.

He shakes his head. “No, the first time I proposed to you I didn’t have any ring with me. And since this is the milestones of our relationship and you’ll remember this forever, I want to make it as special as I can for you.”

She melts and hugs him, wrapping her arms around his middle. “But there’s no need for that…”

He hugs her back, playing her ear with his fingers gently. “I want to.” He says softly. “I really want to for you.”

She sighs. He can really get stubborn when it comes to her but she won’t say she doesn’t like it. “You pamper me so much.”

“Because I love you.” He reasons affectionately. “I love you more than anything in this world.”

Aeiyoung closes her eyes and tightens her embrace around him. “I love you too.”

Just then, they hear a familiar sound from the front door. Aeiyoung looks up to him because they are not expecting anything or anyone and with the smile that is curved in his lips, she wonders what it could be.

“I think Gyo’s here.” He assumes.

She lets go of the hug, and faces the male that is entering the entertainment area. A second later, they hear a bark and Aeiyoung’s breath hitches. Her gaze returns back to her fiancé who is only wearing a big grin across his face. No way. No way.

Gyo bows and politely greets the two. “Mr Kim, it’s here.”

The boss nods as an acknowledgement. “Thank you.”

“A pleasure.” He responds and turns back to see Mikyeong approaching from behind, holding a little golden retriever puppy who has his tongue out with an ever bright aura.

Jongin glances at his girl, catching her attention. “Happy Birthday, Ji Aeiyoung.”

“Oh my gosh!” She squeals and hugs her tight before getting up to get the puppy from the housekeeper. She says a sincere thank you and pets it. She walks back and sits with him again, now with a new baby.

Looking at that, the male realises how good his fiancée is with dogs. He then permits the two to take their leave and that they are done for the day. As they are out of sight, he tells her his reason why he chose another golden retriever for her. “I saw how you were so close with Shiloh and I know you wouldn’t dare to take him away from your parents. But you adore him so much, so I got another one for you. And this one will be with us.” His eyes are at her. “Do you like it?”

It takes a second for her to answer only because she’s so happy and she feels like bursting. She can’t even explain how happy she is today, with Jongin and this new pet. “I do, Jongin! I do.”

Aeiyoung completely forgets about the movie and plays with the new cute puppy. Jongin leaves her alone for a moment to answer a phone call. He’s glad to see how happy she is. It’s worth it.

Noticing how long he has been with the call, Aeiyoung gets up and approaches him from behind. She’s still holding her new pet.

As she catches his attention, he smiles and mouths that it is his parents he’s talking with. Getting that, she nods her head about to go back when he holds her back. He tells her, “They want to greet you a happy birthday.”

“Oh!” She smiles and gently puts down her puppy. She takes the device and greets her future parents-in-law. Then, they wrap up the day by calling her best-friend, her parents and her future sisters-in-law.

 

And for the couple’s first anniversary together the following month, neither Jongin and Aeiyoung go for any less. Instead of one doing something and extravagant for the other, with a heart to make each other feel special, the couple meet in the middle, making them feel just how special their relationship is for the both of them.

Since the day falls on a Sunday, it makes things easier for both. Of course, they spend the day together, in the best way they possibly know how. To end the night, the male takes his lady to a rooftop, garden restaurant. He rented the entire place, not because he had the money to and he didn’t want any disturbance but because it is tonight that he is planning to do the proper proposal, as this time, there are the rings they both have been wanting to wear.

No, Jongin takes away the extravagance he can give for tonight. As at the moment, he just wants everything simple— him, Aeiyoung and the world, their very own world. Or in this case, the flowers and lights surrounding them. He wants Aeiyoung to remember this night as a special one, something she can keep in her heart without feeling so overwhelmed.

They are sharing the night with a glass of white wine, sitting on a high bar stool as they look out on the city’s beautiful night view, under the starry night, and behind the high frameless balustrade. The weather is so perfect. It’s not so cold, or neither it’s hot or humid. It’s just cool and warm at the same time. At the moment, they are the only ones at the deck. A soft music is playing but Jongin can barely hear it as his heart pounds inside his chest quite hard and rapid. It’s weird. Why is he so nervous?

Aeiyoung sips the wine and glances at her man. So far, she’s really liking how the night is going. If it stays this way, nothing can really top it off. A sweet smile graces on her lips. “Happy first anniversary again, Jongin.” She says softly. She holds her wine glass out and tilts it slightly for a toast. “To more years to come?”

Jongin breathes out in a chuckle. He clangs his glass to hers, correcting her, “To our forever now, Aeiyoung.”

“To our forever now.” She repeats and sips the wine. Then, as she savours the liquid inside through her tongue down to . She looks to her side again, only to have her lips captured by him in a passionate, perfect kiss. The kiss is gentle yet filled with a lot of love. It’s nothing intense but rather just sweet.

With his face cupped by hers (she has put her wine glass down the moment he kissed her) with her soft and delicate hands, they both pull away with a smile to catch their breaths. Their foreheads are leaning against each other as Jongin pulls out and reveals a velvet box between their countenance. That’s the only time he leans back while the lady gasps, covering . She registers the moment, not with her mind but with her heart.

Bead of tears are quick to form above her waterline as she looks at him. Jongin doesn’t do anything else but smiles as he speaks his proposal of a lifetime, “I know there is still so much we’ve got to know of each other but I am so sure that I do want to spend the rest of my lifetime with you. I want to live on in a world where there is you, with me. Will you marry me, Ji Aeiyoung? Please spend the rest of your lifetime with me.” He promises, “I won’t leave you. I will be here forever, until you get really, really sick of me.” In which he really hopes not. “I love you so much— more than this world, this universe would ever know.”

It’s unstoppable. Her tears drop to her cheeks. She takes a deep breathe with a smile on her face, wiping her tears away. She answers for the second time in the year, “Yes, I will marry you, Kim Jongin.” She puts her hand on one side of his face, “I love you too, love. Thank you for coming into my life.”

The breath that Jongin has been holding that he doesn’t know of dissipates. He breathes with an ecstatic heart. He hugs her so tight, thankful of everything. As they let go, he opens the box and takes out her engagement ring. He reaches for her hand and slips the ring through her ring finger. A perfect fit. Then, he brings it up, kissing it with his full, soft lips. It’s perfect on her.

After that, Aeiyoung takes the box and gets his own ring, for her to wear it on him. His hand is on hers as she looks at him. Their eyes are sparkling, brighter than the stars above them. “If I put this on you, people will think you’re married. Are you ready for that, Mr Kim?”

“I was ready for a long time now, sweetie.” He just can’t wait. “Put it on me, so I can tell the world that I belong to you and also that you… belong to me.” Jongin really can’t wait until the time they wear their wedding ring on their wedding day, making their unified hearts official through marriage.

Aeiyoung slips the ring through his finger and then, she puts her hand next to his, allowing them to see it together. “It’s beautiful.” She says.

“It’s perfect.”

She smiles. “Oh,” She chirps. “We should take selfies for this.” She takes her phone. “To add on your wall of memories.” She knows how he likes to keep memories through photos.

Jongin laughs, nodding his head.

They hold the phone out, and poses to take a selfie, taking multiple shots of different poses like the lovely couple they are. Then, for a final one, they flaunt their hands with their ring on it, and takes a perfect shot. For the first time.

They gasp at it, surprised at how clear and perfect the selfie actually was. It’s adds to their delight, coming to know that their selfie skills are actually improving. Tonight, no, today actually, is so perfect for both Jongin and Aeiyoung.



 

“Are you ready to get married, my sister?” Aeiyoung, the maid of honour asks Mina, the bride.

Today is her best-friend’s wedding day. She is wearing a beautiful white gown, holding a beautifully arranged flower bouquet. After nearly seven months of preparation, they are finally here. Everything is set and the wedding is going to be a beach wedding— organised by who else, of course, Aeiyoung. The sun is brightly up, shining down on the beach and the beachside.

“I am.” Mina half groans, slightly frustrated at her heart beating too fast inside her chest. “If my heart could come down for a bit, that would be really great!” She curses and it makes Aeiyoung burst out laughing. “Why am I so nervous?”

She presses her lips together, biting down her laugh. She consoles, “You’re entering a new chapter of your life, Mina. It’s natural to be nervous. But, you’ll be fine. I promise.”

She sighs.

“I guarantee you, Park Chanyeol is probably more nervous than you are.” She tells her. Remembering how nervous and agitated Chanyeol was when they were preparing for his surprise proposal was still quite amusing for Aeiyoung.

She frowns a bit in curiosity. “What makes you say that?”

Aeiyoung giggles and tells her the story, making Mina completely forget about how agitated she feels. Soon, the latter’s parents join them before the ceremony itself commences. She is so close to crying but she has to hold it back because she can’t ruin her makeup now.

A little over an hour later, Aeiyoung meets her fiancé in the middle of ceremony on the crowd who is sitting with her parents, Sehun and his family. She came from her team and after making double checks, she finally puts herself at ease, assured that everything is going as planned.

“Everything’s good?” Jongin asks, putting a hand on her waist.

“Yeah. All’s good!” She responds happily before leaning onto his shoulder as the marriage officiant leads the wedding ceremony.

Aeiyoung can’t describe how happy she is for his best-friend. Finally, here she is, after so many relationships she’s been in. Some were relationships for fun, some were serious but that all is nothing compared to the relationship she has now with the love of her life, Chanyeol. Despite being so doubtful of Chanyeol at the start, Aeiyoung now trusts that he will never, ever, intentionally hurt her best-friend.

As the bride and groom share their vows, Jongin leans his head over hers and then, subtly presses his lips on the top of her head. The lady moves making her feel his lips on her temple. He smiles. “Soon, that will be us.”

Aeiyoung hums, “I can’t wait.”

After the ceremony, the reception follows and the couple shares a sweet again under the beautiful sunset. It’s getting dark, but everyone is far from resigning. Yeonha and Jeonho being present at the wedding celebration, are sitting with the couple the entire time, at times, chatting with the bride’s parents but most of the time, they are with Jongin.

Standing before the guests, Aeiyoung is holding a microphone, with her one hand and a glass of champagne, in front of the newly wedded couple. She’s there to make a speech not only as a maid of honour but also as the bride’s sister from another mother. She is barely into two sentences of her speech but Mina is already tearing. It’s so unusual of her to be like this but it can really be for the reason that she is filled up with so many good and surreal emotions on her special day. Most of Aeiyoung’s speech is light-hearted, somewhat sentimental and definitely sincere and heartfelt. She really doesn’t want to make the bride cry anymore but at the same time, she wants her to feel her heart for her on this special day.

Deeper into the night, Aeiyoung’s parents have left to the hotel, leaving the young ones to enjoy the night more. Jongin is over talking to Sehun while Mina finally gets a chance to talk to her best-friend alone.

“It’ll be your turn in a few months time.” She chirps, approaching from behind. “Are you ready?”

Aeiyoung takes a deep breath. “Yeah. It’s nerve-racking but I don’t think there’s anything to be scared of with Jongin.”

Mina nods. “I can see how well he’s taken care of you, Aei. He dotes on you a lot. I never imagined him to be like that, you know.” She pauses, “To be so soft, and loving. Nothing like the serious CEO and man he is.” But the better she thinks about, Aeiyoung is really not like any other girl. Of course, every girl is unique and one and only of their kind. But to her and no doubt to Jongin, Aeiyoung is a very special girl. She’s special enough to change a man and make him change to a better and more open person he is now. Above all, there is one thing Mina is so sure at the moment. “Jongin loves you so much, Aeiyoung.”

And surely, the lady herself knows that.


 

Twentieth of December of the same year, is Aeiyoung and Jongin’s long-awaited wedding day. Astonishing and stunning flower arrangements filled the high-class garden wedding venue. The whole venue is set up beautifully and one of a kind.

It is only an intimate ceremony with guests filled with only family, close friends and colleague as requested by Aeiyoung. She wants it to be as private as possible. She wants it to be a time of celebration only celebrated by her, him and the people who are most certainly important to them. Jongin doesn’t argue much on that because it doesn’t really matter to him. The only thing that matters to him is that, he and Aeiyoung will meet at the altar, and have their forever tick and officially begin. Though this time, he doesn’t let Aeiyoung to lead the whole preparation for the event. He doesn’t want her to stress. He only agrees that they will be both on top of it as they leave all the preparation to a well trusted event organiser and wedding coordinator.

Aeiyoung is wearing long, sparkly ball gown, stunning wedding dress, making look so much like a fairy and an angel. It is designed with a touch of laces, wonderful shining beadwork all over, handcrafted by a world-class, renowned designer himself with a innocent yet y V neckline. It’s simply elegant and jaw-dropping. She is also wearing the necklace Jongin designed for her with her engagement ring. This is it. This is the day. The day they both have been waiting for so long.

Jongin, on the other hand, is wearing a black, high-class suit, designed and made to match his bride’s wedding dress. He is currently standing behind the mirror, fixing his bowtie, repeatedly breathing in and out— trying to calm his pounding heart.

His father enters and finds where his son is currently standing. He smiles. It reminds him so much of what he felt during his second wedding. It felt like a first time, like he was a bachelor who was just getting married.

Jeho saunters over his only son and puts a hand over his shoulder. “Nervous?”

Jongin nods. He never felt like this before. Not even when he was presenting a proposal for the first time ever in front of the investors, what he’s feeling right now is nothing he felt before. It’s so unfamiliar yet he likes it so much. It’s a good sign.

“You’ll be fine.” The father reassures and decides to tease his son with where he just came from, just to relieve his nerves for a bit. “I saw your bride just then.” Jongin stills. “She looks absolutely stunning and enchanting.” He adds, “Really, really pretty.”

The groom’s breath stops. Just imagining how she’s looking is already taking her breath away. He can’t wait. Can he just go and run to her because he wants her already? But of course, he can’t. He knows that beautiful things take time but really just can’t wait.

“I know I’ve said this before, son, but I’ll repeat it again.” Jeho starts. “She is the right woman for you. You’ve found her.”

“Dad…” Jongin has no words.

This statement of Jeho is proven over and over again. Being a lawyer and austere, strict man he is, it is natural for him to think that the ladies that surrounds his son are after what he has. But upon meeting the lady for the first time, he knows she is nothing like that. He has always been a good-reader and more often than not, he is accurate with his every judgement. It is a quality that Jongin got from him that could explain why he is so successful right now. But this impression he got of her even strengthened even more as he got to know the lady and her family more. The last shot of it was when Aeiyoung herself opened the talk about a prenuptial agreement, months after their official engagement.

Jeho would expect that it would usually be the family of the other, their family, in this case, who would open the matter but seeing how she brought it upon herself, how she is so willingly ready to sign it to protect his son, the father knew Jongin won’t ever find another woman like her.

Jongin didn’t like the idea at all. In fact, he got hurt and mad. He doesn’t want Aeiyoung to sign any form of prenuptial agreement because once their relationship becomes legally, he wants her to have all of what he has because if Aeiyoung is going to leave him anyway, then she might as well take everything he has. None of it matters anyway. He’s living not because of it but because of Aeiyoung. He was adamant about it. He wasn’t going to take any other opinion. What’s his will be Aeiyoung’s. That’s it. No matter how persistent the love of his life was.

The lady was tenacious about it because she wants to protect what Jongin worked so hard for, all his bachelor years. It’s not that she wanted it because she thinks their marriage won’t work out and they will eventually have to break up in the future, but she just wanted it for him and possibly for their future children. Of course, she is marrying him not because of his money but because she loves him. Hence, all the reason she wants to do it. Aeiyoung wanted a prenup because she is so reassured of the love and the relationship they have that it didn’t even matter to her so much.

But knowing how much Jongin loathed the mere idea itself, causing them to fight, she dropped it and compromised with what he wanted. She didn’t want to make him anymore madder and cause so much of a big deal out if it. It was only a matter she felt the need to open up before their matrimony takes place. Jongin is still a CEO, founder and owner of a multi-millionaire company and though Aeiyoung’s family isn’t as rich (belonging in the upper class of the society’s hierarchy), it’s a matter that needed to be opened up.

“Now, what are you two doing?” Younji asks, interrupting the father-son moment. Sera is coming from behind, wanting to check on her younger brother before he officially becomes a married man. There is also a photographer coming along with them, to take shots of all the happenings during the day. A videographer was there earlier as well, filming all the process of the preparations, behind the scenes of the ceremony and other necessities to produce a good wedding video.

Jeho chuckles. “Just talking.” He pats his son’s shoulder before stepping aside to his wife talk to the groom. “Get ready to get your hands tied, son.” He jokes, earning a hit on the arm from Younji.

“Are you ready?” The mother asks.

Jongin takes a deep breath and tries to shake it off. “Yes. How’s Aeiyoung?”

“She’s fine.” She assures. “Jaein and her parents are with her.”

“She’s just as nervous as you though.” Sera adds.

“That’s natural.” Younji says.

“Wow, my younger brother has really grown up now, huh? You’re already getting married.” She reminisces, “The last time I remember, you were just running after me, whining, after I stole your rainbow windmill toy from you.”

“Sera.” He calls, already sulking.

The sister giggles. “I’m happy for you, brother. Take care of Aeiyoung well, okay?” She adds, “I know she will with you.”

“Of course.”

Twenty minutes before the ceremony, the bride’s and groom’s best-friends visit them. Sharing and saying final thoughts and messages before they come to the altar. It isn’t until the wedding coordinator calls for them to head down to the venue of the main event.

Jongin arrives first, the guests and the whole entourage are all ready. The bride arrives the latest and when he catches a glimpse of her, he wants to run to her— if not Sehun holding him, shaking his head to stop him. It is only quick glimpse of her and he can’t deny how true his father’s words were. Aeiyoung looks enchanting; like an angel. He takes in a very, very deep breath, his heart pushed up to his throat. His hands are starting to feel cold and sweaty and slowly, he finds himself freezing on his spot, gradually tearing up. It’s actually happening, right before his eyes.

He his lips until the whole entourage finishes its march on the white carpet, finally seeing his Aeiyoung walking down the aisle with her father. Damn, she’s so beautiful. These are the only words that are running through the groom’s head. Then, he breathes out, still not believing that this is all actually happening. He is finally marrying the woman whom he loves so so much that nothing else can compare.

How can she be this beautiful? Her shining and sparkling gown are beating the bright glow oozing out of his angel’s aura. God, how can someone be this so beautiful? How can someone look this heavenly. She looks so surreal— so surreal he wonders if he’s dreaming.

But he knows he isn’t when he feels an electric shuddering down his spine, his heart beating twice as rapid, when he sees her eyes sparkle with a smile on her face upon looking at her. He his lips again, feeling his mouth dry. There she is, looking at him, coming to him.

“I’ll fully leave my daughter to your hands now.” Jeonho says, snapping the groom out of his astonishment. It is only then Jongin realises that they are already standing before him. He blinks. “Take care of my daughter.” The father requests.

Jongin nods, bowing nervously as he promises, “I will, Sir. With all my heart.” Satisfied with that, the bride’s father pats him on the shoulder before handing his daughter to him. He holds and grasps his bride’s hand. Looking at her, he feels dumb, not knowing what to do, like a little boy in panic as his crush comes at him. It’s only Aeiyoung that can make him feel this way.

Jeonho gives his final blessing through a gesture of patting their holding hands, and rubbing the younger male’s elbow. Then, he turns to his only daughter, his only child, who is leaning to kiss her father on the cheek.

“I love you, Daddy.” She says with her soft voice.

“I love you too, my daughter.”

The father leaves, allowing the groom to take his bride to the altar where the wedding officiant is patiently waiting with a smile on his face.

“Ready?” He asks her. His eyes hasn’t left hers the entire time.

She smiles and bobs her head. “As I’ll ever be.” She returns, “Ready?”

His lips curve brightly, “Whenever you are.”

The officiant then begins the ceremony. He greets the guests, the parents of the couple and the couple of the hour before him. He enunciates the readings, giving his message and wishes for the two before finally giving them a chance to say their wedding vows.

For the entire time the officiant before them was speaking, the two were only looking, staring rather, at each other, not tearing their gazes away even by a bit. They both take in each other’s appearances, letting the bubble of their slowly blow up. In their eyes, in the moment, it is just them and no one else. Neither of them were really paying attention to what the officiant was saying. It’s like it comes into the ear, about to reach the heart but not yet their minds.

Hence, it isn’t until the microphone hovers close before Jongin’s lips when they tear way, bringing them back to the surreal reality. As dashing, smart and ever so handsome Jongin is looking, the inside of him is doing flips and rumbles. He can’t think straight because there hasn’t been really a time where felt so many emotions at once. Here is his girl, looking so beautiful, so ethereal that no words can describe, what is he even supposed to do?

He looks at the officiant dumbfoundedly and then remembers his best-friend’s words to him before the ceremony started: Once the mic is given to you, that’s the time to just say your wedding vows for Aeiyoung. Sehun knew this would likely happen, thus the advice, and he’s glad he did. Jongin, too, actually.

Breathless, he looks at his bride again before murmuring, “This isn’t fair. You look impossibly beautiful.” He emphasises, “So beautiful and just,” he breathes, “very angelic.”

Aeiyoung blushes, giggling as Jongin’s breathlessness reaches the speakers and the audience. The audience is now filled with soft chuckles and awws.

Knowing he has to start saying his vows, he clears his throats and gulps upon meeting her shining eyes again. Being both nervous and mesmerised, his mind momentarily blanks. He thought he forgot his wedding vow if not for his strength reaching out to hold and squeeze his hand, soothing and calming him as always.

“I… I..” He stops and composes himself again. The nervousness seem to mollify when he sees how earnest and patient his love is. What did he do to deserve someone like Aeiyoung? He begins again, holding her hand so tight. “I know I’m so much of an imperfect man for you. I have done so many things, not all of them are pretty, you would agree. But in the little time we had so far of each other, you embraced who I am. You took and loved my worn out edges. You embraced and loved all of me— who I was, who I am now and always reassured me that you’ll love for who I am going to be in the future. You continue to inspire and motivate me to be a better man each day. And you continue to make me feel that I don’t have to be that perfect man for you, because I can be that imperfect man with you. With you, I know that best and worst of me would come out and yet you would choose to understand, respect and love each of them. I am very willing to do the same for you.

“Because Aeiyoung, you have no idea how it was so easy for me to love you. And I know there is still so much ahead for us— things that would test us and our relationship like we are going to enter the roller coaster of high ups and low downs. There will be things that will shake us to core, but I promise to be with you even then. I will stay with you forever because I know and I’m confident that we will get through all that as a team— as one. I cannot guarantee you that our future will be perfect and a walk in the moon but instead, I can assure you that our future will only get real as it can get. But, we’re still going to be together because I am going to try my hardest.

"I will try to make you happy each and everyday so you would always wake up with that sweet smile I always loved to see. Together, we can be that perfectly imperfect couple. I am me, a whole person because of you. So from here and beyond, I am going to give all the love and respect my heart could ever give to anyone to you. I love you, Ji Aeiyoung. So today, in front of our family and loved ones, I am going to make a vow that I will be your partner for all our better and worsts ahead. I vow to make and return the genuine love, respect and trust you gave to me in the best way I know how. And I just can’t wait. I can’t wait to spend that forever with you. I love you, my baby.”

“I love you too, my baby.” Aeiyoung responds sincerely in a whisper for him to only hear. She wipes his tear that streamed down his cheek. He hadn’t realise he had been tearing if not for her doing so. So far, the bride admits at how well she’s doing for holding it in but it isn’t so far until she would be in the same state.

The officiant then gives the bride the microphone for her exchange in the vow.

She takes a good look of her future husband and asks softly, “You okay?”

Jongin sniffs and nods, drying his cheek with one hand as the other doesn’t let go of hers. “Yeah.”

“I’m going to say my vows now.” She tells him. “Listen, okay?”

“I will.” He whispers.

Taking a deep breath, she starts, “Our journey rather came fast but somehow, we both managed to keep up. You are right, there is still so much to know and is ahead for us but I won’t exchange it for any other. I want to face them all with you. I became brave because of you and I know there is no other way but up. I will be braver for you, for us everyday, Jongin. Thank you for making my shattered and scarred hearts whole again. I know I always ask what is it in me that you saw. You never gave me a perfect and concrete answer, verbally that is. But I felt it and that is enough to reassure me that we both deserve each other. I know…” She swallows. She’s already in the verge of tears. “I know I can’t give everything to you— everything I want and you deserve but thank you for always making me so loved, for always pampering me, for always taking care of me whenever I can’t do it for myself at times. I promise to always make you happy and loved— that you would come home each day with a smile on your face. I will be your strength whenever you need it. I’ll be everything you need. I will love you each and everyday for the rest of my life. You and I, we’re both work in a progress, but I vow to be always here with you, every step of the way, through thick and thin, no matter how difficult and hard it would be. I’ll be here with you for as long as I can. I vow to love you until my last breath.”

Aeiyoung was never a person up for adventures, but for this one, with Jongin, she is willing to take on an adventure she’ll stand with and along for the rest of her life.

“I love you, Jongin.” She concludes. “From this moment and beyond.”

Coming their rings, they finally ring each other as an official seal for their long lasting love. The officiant pronounces them as husband and wife.

Cupping her face, feeling ecstatic, Jongin leans in and closes the distance between them. He kisses the love of his life of who is now he can finally call his wife— his Mrs Kim. Aeiyoung returns the kiss with as much love as her heart flutters with butterflies in her stomach. She wraps her arms around his neck still holding the bouquet, not minding the people still around them.

“Officially forever now, Mr Kim.”

Jongin smiles, brushing the tip of his nose to hers. “Officially forever now, Mrs Kim.”

And Aeiyoung can’t wait. She’s excited. For once, she isn’t anxious of what the future holds because if it is with this man before her, her husband— if it is with Kim Jongin, there will be nothing, absolutely nothing she’ll ever fear of.

So at the age of twenty eight, on the twentieth of December, both Aeiyoung and Jongin has finally arrived to their home, where they can rest their lost souls and their damaged hearts that are now whole once again.


AUTHOR's NOTE:

FINALLYYY THE LAST CHAPTER! I didn't know how to end this thing. But yes, we have reached the final chapter of Undeniably Lost. I'm sorry if it was so long but I didn't want to divide it. I just put it all here to get it over done with. Thank you all for sticking with me. I’m sorry if there were parts that I disappointed you in this chapter, parts of it or even the previous ones. I know this was quite fast paced but I really wanted to finish this before anything so I can focus on the other fics I’m currently writing. I am yet to write to epilogue but I think I know where I’m heading. Now, I don’t know when I will get to finish that and be able to update it here but I will. As always, as soon as I can. For now, let’s all be satisfied that Aeiyoung and Jongin are finally together as a married couple.

I just hope that now that we are at the end, you did not regret hitting that subscribe button and began reading it. If you ever did, I’m really sorry. I am yet still to grow as a writer and I just… I am nowhere great. Tough start for 2018 for me but thank you for dealing with me. Until my next Jongin fic, I guess? If ever? Oh, but of course before that is this fic’s epilogue first.