New Lives

HEALING LOVE ©
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Dr Lee Min Jung is waiting for someone at a café near Haeundae Beach. It’s been a while she hasn’t met him as both of them are busy with their works. At 1 pm sharp, a familiar figure approaching her table and smiling widely at her.

“You seems happy today. Any good news.” she said as he take his seat in front of her.

“Of course I am happy as you invited me for lunch. It’s been a while, noona.”

“Chamna… what a sweet talker.”

“What sweet talk? Seriously noona, I am happy you call me for lunch. I have been missing you for sometimes.”

“Ohhh so sweet. But let me think, you haven’t call me for more than 2 months and when you call me 2 weeks ago is asking me to help you. Anyway, thanks for missing Me.” he smirks bashfully after Min Jung said that to him.

“Mihane, noona I am busy with works and always forgot to give you a call. So how have you been doing? Is aunty doing well?” he asked.

“She’s good. You always ask how she is but I wonder when you are ready to meet her. She always wants to meet you, you know.” He just smile every time MinJung stated that. Sometimes MinJung is weird with ChangWook’s attitude. He is very kind and always ask her how her mother is doing but he still not ready yet to meet her mom. She wonders why. Maybe he isn’t ready yet. To him, her mother is still the ‘secret woman’ his father is seeing.

 

ChangWook and MinJung gets close when they are in the university. She is his senior in med school. Since there is not many Koreans studying in the university all the korea students there are so close to each other. They are extra close because they are sunbae and hoobae besides their family history. Lee MinJung is his dad’s daughter from a secret relationship. He caught them by accident when he was in high school. He was so mad when he found out that his dad is cheating behind his mom. Ever since that, his relationship with his dad change. He is no longer close with him. He also hate his dad other family but his relationship with MinJung changes when in university because she helps him to overcome with his sadness and depression when he lost JiHyun. She never leave him alone and take care of him well. From then on, he sees MinJung as his personal counselor. He decided to put his hatred behind and befriended his half-sister.

 

“So, tell me who that girl is? Spill it” MinJung can’t wait to know who exactly the girl he brought to her clinic 2 weeks ago. One day, he called and told her that he is bringing someone to her clinic for her abortion service but he asked her help not to do it.

MinJung has a license to perform abortion but as a doctor herself who is against abortion, she will only perform it if her patients’ pregnancy is life threatening or if the patient is a victim of that carry on with the pregnancy will give psychological trauma. Since she also take psychology as her minor in med school, she used both of her expertise to give the best to her patients.

“She is someone I want to help. She reminds me of her.” ChangWook answered in short.

“What do you mean by that? I don’t see any resemblance of her and JiHyun.”

“I don’t know, when I see how helpless she is somehow I feel like JiHyun was experiencing the same thing when she found out she was pregnant I am nowhere in the country. When I pull her from jumping off the cliff, I know that I need to help her. If no one does, she might act reckless.”

“Are you sure she is just the person you want to help and nothing more?” she asked.

“What do you mean noona?” Changwook can’t fully comprehend MinJung question.

“I heard, nowadays you seldom stay back at the hospital. You will go home by 6 pm to have dinner at home. To me she is someone special who manage to break your workaholic routine.” MinJung raise her eyebrows and smirk mischievously.

He laugh a little looking at MinJung’s expression. “Noona, don’t get it wrong. I have dinner with her every day because I do not want her to feel awkward just eating with ahjumma. After all I am the closest person to her here in Busan. She didn’t know anyone here. I do it as a friend.” ChangWook defend himself by giving the safest reason.

“Don’t you want to move on?” MinJung question makes him stop from putting his food in his mouth. He know exactly what she means. He knows she mean well. She just wants him to lead his life like a normal person who can fall in love and be in a healthy relationship.

“You know it’s hard for me to overcome my guilt of what happened, right? How can I move on?”

“How many times do I tell you that it is not your fault? You don’t know. What can you do if you do not know? Stop blaming yourself ChangWook ah. As your sister, I want you to be happy. I want to see you meet girls, date like others. You never try to move on that’s why you don’t know. I maybe sound groundless but somehow I think ShinHye is the key for you to move on. I seriously think there’s a reason why your path crossed with hers. Who knows by helping her, you can overcome the guilt that you have been keeping all this while.”

“Wow, you sound like my mom noona.” ChangWook jokes trying to divert the discussion.

“I am happy to see you change this past few weeks and I hope this change will continues. By the way, when are you going to bring meet to meet ShinHye? You know not as patient-doctor but meeting her as your potential girlfriend?”

“Aihh cham. Noona!”

“What? Did I say anything wrong?”

“Whatever you are thinking  very likely won’t happen.” ChangWook said it firmly.

“Well. Let’s see who wins. You or me.” MinJung wink. As one of the close person who witness ChangWook during his dark days, the only thing MinJung wish is for him to find his happiness. She wanted him to date like other person. She doesn’t want he just dwell himself with work and didn’t enjoy life. She really hope he can find someone to cheer him up. MinJung sees that in ShinHye. He may not realize it, but he actually care about the girl more than he claims.

 

“Noona.”

“Hmmm”

“Do you free this weekend?”

“Why?”

“I want to take ShinHye shopping as she doesn’t have much clothes. But, I do not know how to shop for a girl. Can you help?”

“SURE! I would love to. Just tell me what time and I will be coming to your place.” MinJung is very much excited when ChangWook ask for her help. Never cross her mind that one day, her brother will come to her and ask for her help to shop for a girl. Even if she is busy, she would spare her time for this moment.

‘He change. Ji ChangWook has change’ she monologues to herself while smiling wide looking at the guy in front of her.

 

 

ShinHye POV

 

It has been 3 weeks since I left home and stay here in Busan with ChangWook ssi and ahjumma. They are both kind people. I was treated like a princess in this house. I wasn’t allowed to do any chores and ahjumma will make sure I eat 4-5 meals a day. She will ask the cook to prepare any food that I crave for. I feel ashamed being treated this way as I am not connected to ChangWook ssi. I am just a stranger he pick up by the cliff.

 

Dr Ji ChangWook. I do not know why is be

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter