New Light

HEALING LOVE ©
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

“SURPRISE!!!!!” both Shin Hye and Chang Wook turns to the door upon hearing to the high pitch voice. So Eun and Jae Rim comes to surprise her and she has balloons in her hands while Jae Rim are holding fruit basket and the baby’s gift set.

 

“Come on in.” Chang Wook invites them in and help Jae Rim with the stuffs in his hands.

 

“Oh My God!!!!!!!” So Eun squeals when she sees her best friend on the sofa holding her new born in her arms. She put the balloons at the corner where the other bunch of balloons Shin Hye received are and sit right away next to Shin Hye. “Omomomo… look at this cutie pie.” She said and immediately give a soft peck on the baby’s forehead.

 

“Thanks for coming So Eun, Oppa. Why didn’t you tell me that you wanna come?”

 

“Because I want to give you a surprise. So are you surprised, chingu?” she battles her eye lash to Shin Hye few times that makes the later chuckles at her aegyo and nods.

 

“Sunshine sweetie, your So Eun imo and Jae Rim samchon come. Open your eyes.” Shin Hye tries to wakes up the little baby of hers. As if he can understand his mother, he opens his eyes a little and So Eun squeals excitedly again.

 

“Yeobo, lower down your voice. You might shock the baby.” Jae Rim told his wife which earn him a glare from So Eun.

 

“You want to hold him?” So Eun nods right away and Shin Hye put the fragile baby in her arms. So Eun holds Sunshine gently and her husband who is standing behind her also can’t help but to fall in love with the little man.

 

“Can’t believe that you are a mom now Shin. It’s surreal. Seeing you pregnant and finally having the baby in your arms, I can’t believe that you going to be a mother so soon.”

 

“It is still surreal for me too. I can’t believe now I have another person that I need to take care after. I can’t be selfish anymore. Sometimes I do feel like I am dreaming.”

 

“He is so cute Shin. I think he looks more like Chang Wook oppa rather than you. Isn’t he, oppa?” So Eun showing the baby to her husband and the later nods to her. Both of them can tell that Sunshine looks more like Min Ho but to not make the situation awkward, they agree to say he looks like Chang Wook. Infact, Chang Wook face does has some similarity with Min Ho but his features are more sharp rather than Min Ho’s.

 

“Everyone said the same. It’s kind of sad that he doesn’t take after me even I carried him for 9 months.” Shin Hye try to sounds pity in front of So Eun to gain her friend’s attention.

 

“Babies faces changes from time to time. I am sure sooner he will looks more like you.” Chang Wook said trying to make Shin Hye feels better and it makes her smile.

 

“Looking at him makes me want to have a baby of my own. But now is not the right time yet. I just got a job and we are still in the midst to stabilize our life. We can only think of having a child once we really settled down and has firm economy. You are considered lucky.” So Eun said. The cost of child rearing in a city is high so most young couples do not have a child right away after marriage as the first few years is to adapt and to strengthen the financial. Once things are getting better, than only people start to plan for a family.

“Don’t worry So Eun ssi, Jae Rim ssi. The time will come. Just enjoy your married life first.” Chang Wook said.

 

The two couples catching up on each other and talk about various stuffs. Shin Hye is glad Chang Wook can get along with So Eun and Jae Rim because the two of them are the most important person to her apart from halmeoni. They are like siblings to her.

 

While they were talking, So Eun notices the way Shin Hye looks at her husband. There’s something different in the way she looks at him before. So Eun knows she needs to have a girl talk with Shin Hye. So, slowly she messages her husband asking him to take Chang Wook somewhere as she wants to be alone with her best friend.

 

“Chang Wook-ssi.” Jae Rim called Chang Wook.

 

“Yes?”

 

“Let’s go and have some coffee. My treat.” Jae Rim said and he agrees. “Yeobo, stay here okay. I want to go with Chang Wook first.” He covers up not to make obvious that his wife is the one asking him to go.

 

“Arasso oppa. Pack for me ice latte later and Shin Hye do you want anything?”

 

“It’s okay. I’m good.” She said.

 

Once the gentlemen left, So Eun quickly shut the door tight. Then she walks back to her best friend and sit next to her on the sofa. “Is there something you want to tell me, Shin? I know you try to hide something. What is it?”

 

“So Eun ah. My parents in law knew about us. They knew that oppa and I got married for the sake of Sunshine. They also knew that the baby is not his.”

 

“WHAT??? How did they know???” So Eun is in shocked.

 

“They always knew. They knew from the start.”

 

“So, what did they said? Are they mad?”

 

Shin Hye shakes her head. “No. They are not mad. My mother in law said she is not angry and she understands our circumstances. But, she requests me to do something.”

 

“What did she asked?” So Eun is so eager to know.

 

“She asked me to give Chang Wook oppa and to love him. She wants me to make him love again.” Shin Hye told her best friend and instead of surprised, So Eun smiles when she heard that.

 

“I agree with your mother in law 200%. I think you need to move on too, chingu. Try to love again and the person that deserves your love is your husband. Do you know how lucky you are to have him? No, I am not saying about his Eligible Bachelor title, you are lucky because he is such a nice guy.”

 

“But you know I am still in love with Min Ho right? I can’t forget about him.”

 

“Min Ho is your past Shin Hye. Chang Wook is your present and future. Min Ho left you without words, remember? I think it’s about time you put your past behind and move on. You cannot move on if you still clinging on your past. You need to think of your son now not just about you.” So Eun gives her advice as a friend and also as someone who knows what is best for her. She knew both guys and she can tell which one is better for her.

 

Shin Hye look at So Eun and nods to her advice. If someone who knows her better than herself would be So Eun. She cannot lie to her and So Eun can read her well. She is glad to have a friend like her who not only there as her friend but also advisor and someone who will called out and tell her what is wrong or right. She is right, for her to move on she needs to put her past behind but it is not easy. It’s harder than it seems but eventually she needs to try. Sooner or later.

 

 

 

 

Meanwhile at the café near the hospital the two gentlemen is having their coffee. Even though they only meet for few times, but Chang Wook is comfortable getting along with Jae Rim because he is such an honest guy.

 

“Mani-meogo. It’s my treat.” Jae Rim said as he put the tray with two ice Americano and cakes.

 

“Thank you, Jae Rim ssi.”

 

“Congratulations, Chang Wook ssi for the new arrival. So, how does it feel of being a father?” Jae Rim started off the conversation lightly.

 

Chang Wook immediately smile upon hearing his question. “It’s great. It’s something unexplainable but it is such a great experience.”

 

“I am happy for you and Shin Hye. Your baby is cute.”

 

“Your time will come. I will always pray that one day you and So Eun will have a family of your own too.” He said sincerely to Jae Rim. “Jae Rim ssi, may I ask you something?” Chang Wook asks.

 

“Sure. What is it?”

 

“You have known Shin Hye for long right? I heard you have known her for 7 years. Is that true?”

 

Jae Rim nods. Yes. I have known her since she started high school when she came to Seoul. So Eun and her rent the house next to mine since they are not from Seoul. My parents let them rent the house with such a cheap rate considering they are still students. That is how I know her. Why are you asking?”

 

“Nothing. I just want to know how she can get close with you and your wife.” He said. Actually he wanted to ask something else but he is trying to find how is the right way to ask. “Jae Rim ssi.”

 

“Yes?”

 

“Since you have known Shin Hye that long, you must know her ex-boyfriend too tight. The baby daddy?”

 

Jae Rim puts down the coffee he about to sip when Chang Wook suddenly ask about the ex-boyfriend. This is the first time he asks about him. He didn’t know what to say, so he just nods.

 

“His name is Min Ho right? Lee Min Ho. The rising actor? Am I right?” he asks again and Jae Rim only manage to nods to the guess.

 

“How did you know? Did Shin Hye tells you?” It’s Jae Rim’s turn to ask but Chang Wook shakes his head.

 

“I know it myself. She never told me about who Sunshine’s father is. I guess she still not trust me fully hence she never told me about him. But I do understand her.”

 

“Shin Hye is not easy letting people know too much about her. She takes time to fully trust someone. Give her sometime, soon she will trust you and tell you everything about her.” Jae Rim though Chang Wook might be frustrated when Shin Hye did not tell him about Min Ho and he happen to know about him from somewhere else and not from her and as someone who knows Shin Hye well, he advices Chang Wook to understand her.

 

“I don’t mind about that. Can I know what type of person Lee Min Ho is? Did he treat her good before? Is he a responsible man? Are they having any problem prior to she left Seoul?” He shoots out questions about Min Ho to Jae Rim and Jae Rim can tell that he really wants to know about Shin Hye’s ex. There’s something in his eyes that tells Jae Rim that he really wants to know about her past to be closer to her.

 

Jae Rim leans back on his seat. “Hmmm where should I start? Shin Hye and Min Ho have been together since high school. He is her senior in school and they are high school sweethearts. He is such a nice guy and love her so much. His family loves her too. Their relationship has no problem even after he finishes school and go to college. I do not know where does it went wrong, but one day Min Ho just disappeared. Just like that, he moves from his old house and can’t be contacted. He left without words.”

 

“Do you know the reason why he just left?”

 

Jae Rim shakes his head. “I don’t know much but according to So Eun a week before he left, he got an offer to be an actor. He always dreams to be an actor and he is working hard for it. So when he got the offer he was so happy. He even shared those moments with Shin Hye. They even celebrate the good news together. Then Shin Hye needs to go for her college CSR event for a week, so both So Eun and I did not see him for that one week. If Shin Hye was around, he sends her back home every day so we can see him. After Shin Hye came back from the event, she found out she is pregnant and when she wanted to tell him the news, we found out he already move and no one knows where he moves to. We try to search him everywhere but failed. Shin Hye is so devastated. She fell sick and one day, she also left and told us she needs time to be alone. That’s when she came down here and met you. To this day, I still did not know why Min Ho did that to her. He said he loves her and they do not have any problems but suddenly he just left without words.”

 

“Did he ever come back to find her?” finally he mange to ask the big question.

 

Jae Rim is nodding again. “Twice. First time when we still did not know her whereabouts. And the second time was after he came back when he saw both of you at a hotel. He misunderstood the situation and I think you already know that So Eun did not tell him the real story, right.”

 

“So he did not come back again after that?”

 

“No.” Jae Rim answered short.

 

“Jae Rim ssi. Can you do me a favour?”

 

“What is it?”

 

“If he came back again, please do not tell him about Sunshine. Just keep the story of what you already told him. That’s what Shin Hye wants any way so I respected her decision even if it mean we have to lie. Sunshine will be legally my baby and Shin Hye is my legal wife. I do not want to complicate things for them.” Chang Wook try not to sound selfish but he actually he wants to protect what is his.

Jae Rim just nods. Jae Rim is surprised with Chang Wook. Few months ago, he wanted Shin Hye to come clean with Min Ho but today, his stand changes and that could only mean one thing. He has fallen in love with her and doesn’t want to let her go. He is a guy and he can tell when another guy fell in love.

 

“Are you afraid of losing them to Min Ho?” Jae Rim asked as he wanted to know what is Chang Wook’s real feeling.

 

Chang Wook is shocked by his sudden question but he nods his head. He trusts him anyway. “I care about them so much that it is hard for me to let them go.”

 

Jae Rim just smiles when he knows his guess is right. He is happy for Shin Hye to find a nice man like him but he is worried about this love triangle too. He just hopes that Min Ho will not come back to claim what originally his.

 

 

 

 

(S

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter