Her Answer

HEALING LOVE ©
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter
ShinHye POV “Marry me, Park ShinHye. I want to take care of you and your baby. It’s ok of you don’t love me now or will never love me, I won’t ask for it. All I want is to make you and your baby my family. To protect you two. I just want to be your husband and your baby’s father. If later after years or months, if you still can’t love me and have found a new love, I promise I’ll let you go.” he proposed me in front of my   halmeoni and ahjumma.  “ChangWook-ssi, I need time to think about this. Please understand. I’m sorry.” that’s the only answer I can give now.  “ShinHye ya.... wae?” halmeoni sighs. I know she is disappointed with my answer.  “It’s not about you, ChangWook ssi. You are the kindest man I ever know. It is about me. I haven’t let go of ‘him’.” I tell him the truth as I do not want to lie to him.  He nods “I understand. I won’t force you.” he try to give me a smile as he gets up on his feet.  I hand him back the ring as I don’t think i deserves it but he push it back to me. “Keep it. It’s yours.”  I know I had humiliated ChangWook ssi and makes my halmeoni frustrated but I cannot lie about my feelings.  (End of ShinHye POV).

 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

 

It has been a week since Prof Kim discharged from the hospital. She is staying with ChangWook and ShinHye for a while as she need to have follow up appointments at the hospital. 

 

Prof Kim, ahjumma, and their housekeeper Boran is waiting to watch their daily drama on TV. Shinhye joins too. 

 

“ChangWook ssi come home late today?” Prof Kim ask both ahjumma and ShinHye normally only both of them know ChangWook schedule. 

 

“Yes, he has emergency case this evening.” ahjumma replied. 

 

“Really? He didn’t tell me when He texted me this afternoon.” there’s slight frustration tone coming out from her. Usually ChangWook will update her on his day but since last week or to be exact since the proposal day he some sort distance himself from her. 

 

 

“Does he always come back late?” she asks further. 

 

“He used to be. He is quite a workaholic. But, since ShinHye came, he seldom work late unless for emergencies and his schedule on calls.” ahjumma continues to which Prof Kim just nod. 

 

(On TV is showing KBS Guerilla Date).   MC : Guerilla Date now is at Ehwa Women University and we have a very special guest today. He is the rising star and has captives many women heart through his excellent acting in the current most popular drama, Boys Over Flower. Let’s welcome Lee Minho. Annyeong Haseyo.  LMH : Thank you for inviting me to Guerilla Date. Annyeong Haseyo, Lee MinHo imnida.  MC : Your popularity is no joke Lee MinHo ssi. That’s one of the largest crowd we had so far in Guerilla Date. I can even see the road or anything else only a sea of humans.  LMH : Please don’t exaggerate it too much. I am new in this industry and aren’t popular enough.  MC : Eihhhh, you are so humble. By the way thank you for coming to our show. Do you know why we choose Edae as the location today?  LMH : No, I don’t. Wae yo?  MC : I heard that Edae is one of your favorite place prior to your debut. That’s why we choose here to help you bring back all the memories  LMH : Wah... it’s the first time I heard this kind of rumor. Ya, i love to come to Edae area coz you can find many cafes here and cheap stuffs.  MC : Save answer. By the way congratulations because your drama has top the ratings of its time slot for 5 weeks in a row and the gap with other dramas is quite huge.  LMH : Thank you to all the viewers who give our drama a lot of love. The credits should be given to the writer actually who came up with a good story and plot.  MC : The successful of the drama also has made you the guy that every girls want to date.  LMH : I think the other actors of the drama has many fans too. Not only me.  MC : You are too humble. Lee Min Ho ssi, do you have a girlfriend now or dating anyone?  LMH : No, i’m not. I’m totally single. I belong to my fans. MC : What a safe answer. I can’t believe a handsome guy like you is still single. Just tell us if you’re seeing anyone now. 

LMH : Seriously I am not seeing anyone now. I want to focus on my career first. I want to be a better actor and give back to my fans for the supports they have given me. I am not thinking about dating at the moment. Don’t worry if I am seeing anyone I will tell Entertainment Weekly first. 

MC : Awwwww.....Then, what about ex girlfriend. You sure do have one right? I got info from insider that you are quite popular among Edae students because you always come here before debut to visit your girlfriend as she is a student here. How true is the news?  LMH : Really?? Wow this is the first time i heard this rumor. I think it’s a misunderstanding. It’s true that I used to visit Edae few times before debut but not to visit my girlfriend. Just some of my high school friends who studied here. I never had any serious relationship before. I am busy with my part time jobs. My passion always in acting not dating.  MC : Haishhh, can this be trusted?  LMH : It’s the truth. I won’t lie to my friends and supporters.  MC : Your fans must be flattered now. Ok, give some speech to your fans before we wrap up.  LMH : Annyeong Haseyo Entertainment Weekly viewers. Keep supporting my drama, Boys Over Flowers and we will make sure give you the best.  (end of Entertainment Weekly interview)   

Right after the interview show ends, ShinHye silently left to her room, her eyes already reddened and the tears is ready to come out any time. She drop her head low and while walking not to let anyone notice but her grandmother notices the change on her face while watching the interview. 

 

ShinHye is weeping inside her room. Minho’s words in the interview keep replaying in her head. 

 

“I never had any serious relationship before.”

“I just come to Edae to visit some of my high school friends and not anyone special.” 

 

Though she knew maybe the answer might be default answer for any celebrities but it still hurts her so much. N ver once she thought those words will come out from the mouth of the man she love dearly. 

 

“Looks like you already forgotten about me. So I am just a high school friend to you now? No wonder I cannot reach you all this while seems like you already forgotten about me.” her tears has been falling like rain.

“How can you do this to me, MinHo oppa when you said I am your everything ? I have sacrificed so much for you but I got nothing in return. Do you hate me that much?”

 

Then she place her hand on her bulging tummy, “Do you know, you going to be a father soon? Will you be happy if i told you about our baby? I want to hate you but I can’t because I love you so much and I hate myself for that.” ShinHye keeps on crying. 

 

Then she heard knocks at her door, and she quickly wipe her tears and get to the door. 

 

“Halmeoni, is there anything you need?” she try to act normal in front of her grandmother but 

 

Prof Kim quickly enters the room and shut the door behind her. “I know you have been crying. It’s because of MinHo’s interview is it? If you want to talk about it, I am all ears.” Prof Kim pats her shoulder gently and look at her in concern. 

 

ShinHye broke down in tears and wrapped her arms around her grand mother.. “Halmeoni... Minho oppa has forgotten about me. He didn’t even dare to admit that he has a girlfriend before. He makes me seems like not exists. Why did he said that halmeoni”

 

The old lady pats her granddaughter’s back and sitted her on the bed. “You are affected by the interview aren’t you?” 

 

ShinHye nods before leaning her head on her grandmother’s shoulder “Am I nobody to him now halmeoni? How can he said that he never dated anyone before? How can he easily forgets that?”

 

“Maybe he has his own reason. I heard celebrities can’t reveal their real life to the public.”

 

“I understand if he is denying the present but why must he denied the past as well. If I am his past why he is so afraid to admit it? He is so cruel to me halmeoni.” She keeps crying in her grandmother’s embrace.

 

“I know it hurts but don’t cry about it too much. If you think he already forgotten about you, shouldn’t you do the same too?”

 

ShinHye was stunned by what her grandmother said. “It’s not easy halmeoni. How can I erase him when I am carrying his baby now? This baby will always be a reminder of what we shared before.”

 

“I know you conceived the baby with him but anyone can be the baby’s father.” She said gently trying not to sound pushy.

 

ShinHye look at her grandmother deeply she knows what is she trying to say. “I only love Minho oppa, halmeoni. Even if he doesn’t feel the same anymore but I love him. I love him so much. Maybe one day if I got a chance to tell him about the baby, he maybe change his mind.”

 

“Do you think so? If he is afraid to admit you existed in his past. Do you think he will easily accept your baby that he didn’t even know existed? And even if he do accept later, do you want to live in a secret for the rest of your life. Don’t just think about yourself, think about your baby too. Is that a future you want him/her to have? Living in a secret forever?” Prof Kim pats and rocks ShinHye gently like a small kid. She knows how much ShinHye love MinHo but she believe MinHo can’t give what ShinHye deserves. There’s a more responsible man who is willing to take care of her granddaughter and she thinks that man is the one for ShinHye.

 

“But I cannot love any other man. It will be unfair for ChangWook ssi. I can’t do that.”

 

“You heard him right. He knew that you don’t live him and he didn’t even ask for that. All he wants is to take care of you. Of your baby. Giving the two of you a family, a home. And I believe one day, sooner or later you will forget about your past and can start fresh with him. I do believe love can come after marriage. Accept him ShinHye. Your baby will be born soon and he/she needs a father.”

 

“Halmeoni, help me.” ShinHye burst again to her grandmother and Prof Kim stays by herside until she calm down before she left the room.

 

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter