Please Marry Her

HEALING LOVE ©
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Prof Kim Hee Sok is shocked when she receive a call from Ehwa University that ShinHye has been absent from class for almost a month and couldn't be contacted. Thinking back, ShinHye hasn't call her for a long time too. Almost a month to be exact.

"Where could this girl be?" she thought to herself and begin dialing ShinHye's mobile number but couldn't get through. The ShinHye that she knew will not escape class just like that without apparent reason. She has a feeling that her granddaughter is facing a problem but what could it be? 

The very next day, Prof Kim Hee Sok receive a call from South Korea but an unknown number. She pick up nevertheless coz it might be from someone wants to tell about ShinHye. "Yeobosaeyo, halmeoni." Prof Kim feels relieved when she heard the voice of her grand daughter. 

"ShinHye ya...where have you been? Why haven't you call me for a long time?" Prof Kim ask her only grandchild in full concern. 

"Mihane halmeoni. I have been quite occupied." she answered softly at the other end. 

"ShinHye ya....is there something happen? The university called me and said you have been absent from class almost a month. Any problems? Need me to come over there?" Prof Kim feels worried because SHinHye doesn't sounds cheerful like always. She sounds sad. 

"Gwenchana halmeoni. I am taking a break for one semester. Maybe they didn't know yet. You do not have to trouble yourself to come here." she answered. 

"Are you ure? You know, you can always talk to me if you have any problems. Since you are on a break, why don't you come back? I can buy you the tickets." 

"Actually halmeoni, I am planning to work and gain experience during this break. I want to upgrade my design portfolio. I already got an internship programme and  I cannot go back to Okinawa." ShinHye told Prof Kim. 

Prof Kim buy in with the idea for now though she has the instinct her grandchild is hiding something from her. " Arasso. Don't stress yourself up, sweetie. I am worried you overwork." she adviced her grand daughter. 

They talk for a while as they are missing each other. Prof Kim is glad finally SHinHye called her because she almost got a heart attack yesterday when she received the called about her absence from university. 

 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

(2 Months later)

Prof Kim Hee Sok is enjoying her Sunday evening reading at her cosy house garden when she received a call from her old friend. "Yeobosaeyo, Kim Hee Sok speaking." 

“Hee Sok-ah. Its me Bok Nam. Choi Bok Nam.” said the woman at the other line. 

 

“Bok Nam ya... it’s been a long time. How are you chingu?” 

 

“I am fine but old. What about you, my friend?” 

 

“I am good too. Wah... how ling has it been since we talk with each other. So what makes you call me up? Is there any news?” Prof Kim asked. 

 

“Nothing interesting news. I just had normal life here in Busan. Hee Sok-ah, why don’t you tell me that your grand daughter is married and living here in Busan?” 

 

Prof Kim is shocked of what her friend just told her. Trying her best to hide her shocking voice she ask her friend to confirm back what she just said. “How did you know?” 

 

“I saw her with her husband. Acting they live in the same apartment with me. At first i thought i might be mistaken but how can I not recognize your beautiful grand daughter. How can you not tell me nor invite me to the wedding.” 

 

“Errr... it’s just a small ceremony with only close family attended. Her in laws wants it that way.” She manage to lie. “By the way Bok Nam, are you still staying at the your previous apartment? The one i stayed 2 years ago?” 

 

“Yes, where else could I stay. I can’t believe that the little ShinHye is now a married woman and soon going to be a mom.” Bok Nam excitedly told Prof Kim what she sees. 

 

“She’s pregnant?” Another shocking news coming from her old friend. 

 

“You didn’t know? Omo. Maybe she wanted to surprise you. Sorry for my big mouth chingu ya.”

 

“Gwenchana. I can’t believe she got pregnant that fast. That is why I am shocked. It seems just like yesterday I saw her walking the aisle.” 

 

Mdm Bok Nam giggles by Prof Kim statement. “She must got pregnant right away after the wedding night. Hee Sok, why don’t you come down here to Busan for a trip. You can visit both your grand daughter and me and we can recall back all the old memories.”

 

“Hmmm. It’s quite a good idea. Nevermind, if I have plan to visit ShinHye. I would let you know. Bok Nam ya, i have to go as I need to meet someone in 5 minutes. We talk later ok chingu.” Prof Kim is making excuses. She can’t talk any longer with her friend coz she is afraid that the longer she talk with Mdm Bok Nam, the more shocking news about ShinHye she will heard. 

 

“Ok chingu. Don’t forget to come and visit me ok. Bye.” 

 

“Bye.” After ending the call. Prof Kim try to calm herself. She can’t believe what she just heard. Someone just told her that ShinHye is married and pregnant. At firat shw thought her friend is mistaken ShinHye with someone else, but it is impossible Bok Nam didn’t recognize ShinHye. “Just what is happening to you ShinHye ya.” She thought to herself before calling ShinHye’s new number. 

 

“Yeoboseyo halmeoni.” ShinHye answered the phone excitedly. 

 

“ShinHye ya. Where are you?” 

 

“Home.” She answered short. 

 

“Seoul?” 

 

“Yes halmeoni. Where else can I be. Seoul of coz? Wae yo halmeoni?”

 

“Nothing. I miss you. That’s why I call.” She cover up. 

 

“I miss you too halmeoni. How I wish I can go back to Okinawa and meet you.” 

 

They had their usual half an hour long conversation over the phone. Though ShinHye sounds cheerful as usual but she notice that her granddaughter stuttered each time she brings up about coming to Seoul. She knew ShinHye is hiding something and to know what is it, there is only one way. Prof Kim decided to go to South Korea and pay ShinHye a ‘surprise’ visit. 

 

(Seoul)

 

So Eun just finish her class and is on her way home. She is busy texting her boyfriend that she didn't realized that she has a guest in front of her house. She only realized when she about to open the main door. "Halmeoni!" 

"Annyeong So Eun ah. Just come back from college?"

So Eun quickly open the door and carry halmeoni's suitcase in while inviting Prof Kim in. "Nae. How long have you been waiting here, halmeoni? Come in."

"Not that long. Around 15 minutes only." Prof Kim follow suits and enter So Eun's house where she used share it with ShinHye. So Eun quickly get some drinks and give it to halmeoni. "Gomawo."

"Sorry halmeoni, I don't have much in the kitchen."

"This should be enough. How are you dear?" 

"I am fine, halmeoni. What about you?"

"I am good too. You must be wandering why I come here when ShinHye is not here in Seoul right?" 

Prof Kim's question's almost makes So Eun choke of the water she is sipping. "how..how did you know halmeoni?" 

"I lived long enough to know she is hiding something from me. But, before I go and see her, I want to know what really is happening. I hope you can tell me the whole story as I believe you know what actually happen." the old woman looking at So Eun with pleading eyes. 

So Eun knew she couldn't hide the truth from halemoni and halmeoni deserves to know what happened to ShinHye as she is the only relative ShinHye has. So, So Eun told halmeoni everything of what happened to ShinHye 3 months ago. Both of them cried as So Eun tell the story. Prof Kim is shocked to know what her grand daughter went through. 

"Thank you So Eun ah, for telling me all this. Now, i need to go to Busan and meet her and take her with me." Prof Kim excusing herself.

"Do you know where to find her halmeoni?" So Eun asked worriedly.

"I have my sources, I think I know where she is."

"Arasso. Please bring her back here, halmeoni. Or at least take her with you."

Prof Kim nods and make her way leaving So Eun's house. So Eun help to get her a taxi to bring her to Seoul station. So Eun really hope ShinHye's halmeoni will manage to find her.

 

(Busan)

 

Prof Kim arrived at Busan station at 3.30pm and she straight away goes to her friend's apartment. 

"Hee Sok ah, why don't you tell me you are coming. If not, I can pick you up at the airport." Mdm Bok Nam said as soon as she greeted Prof Kim at her house.

"I purposely wants to surprise you. If I tell you earlier, i don't get to surprise you." she jokes to her friend. 

"Aigoo, even at this age you still love surprises. Come in." Mdm Bok Nam help to bring Prof Kim's luggage inside. "Sit down. Let me get you something to drink." she get into the kitchen and get an ice tea for Prof Kim. 

"Kamsahamnida." Prof Kim drink the ice tea to quench her thirst. 

"Have you had your lunch?" Mdm Bok Nam asked to which Prof Kim shake his head.

"Come, let me take you out to eat. There is a restaurant nearby that makes great eel congee." 

 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

 

“Ahhh finally the mid year test is over.” said a tall girl with beautiful brown eyes and fair skin. She is Lee SungKyung, ShinHye’s best friend in college. She is the only person in college ShinHye is comfortable to tall about herself and her past because she can keep secret well. She is like her So Eun. She knew that ShinHye is pregnant to her ex bf baby, just that ShinHye didn’t tell who is it. And to SungKyung knowledge, ChangWook is a family friend to ShinHye hence she is staying with him and his ‘family’. Well, that’s what ShinHye told her so she believes it.

 

“Yup finally we can rest a bit and enjoy the mid semester break. What’s your plan for the holidays?” ShinHye ask the girl. 

 

“No plans yet. Maybe just stay at home watching dramas and Netflix. What about you?” 

 

“I don’t have plans either.” 

 

“ShinHye ya. Let’s go out to eat and shopping. To celebrate the end of examination. Please...it’s been a while we don’t go shopping together.” SungKyung battle her eyelash and pout cutely to her best friend. 

 

“I am sorry, SungKyung ah. ChangWook-ssi going to pick me up later.” 

 

“It still not to late to call him and ask him not to come. I can talk to him if you want.” 

 

“I am sorry dear, we had promised ahjumma to have dinner together, next time ok.” ShinHye poke SungKyung pouty cheek. Though they’re the same age, but SungKyung is a little bit childish and easily sulky or maybe ShinHye is more mature for her age as she’s a mom now. “I promise you next week, i will spend one day with you and we can have our girls day out.” With that promise, SungKyung smile again. 

 

“Promise?”

 

“Yes, I promise” Shinhye take out her pinky and do a pinky promise with SungKyung. 

 

Not long after, ChangWook arrived to fetch ShinHye. SungKyung send her to the car. 

 

“ChangWook-ssi, next time after our exam week ends, can I take ShinHye to celebrate after the last paper? She always said she needs to go off early as you are fetching her.” Since I already introduced SungKyung and ChangWook ssi to each other, they are comfortable to greet and talk to each other. SungKyung is a bubbly girl so it’s easy for her to create conversation and ChangWook is comfortable talking to her. 

 

“Really? She didn’t tell me. If she told me, i would let her go out with you and fetch her later.”

 

“It’s ok. I guess she is tired and need rest. It’s ok, we already plan to go out with her next week. Please allow.” SungKyung persuade with her aegyo. 

 

“Of course. Just tell me where should i drop her next week for your day out.” He wink at SungKyung and the later claps excitedly. 

 

“Bye SungKyung ah. Drive carefully.” ShinHye bit farewell to her before pull up the car window and ChangWook drove off leaving the college compound. 

 

“How was your paper today? Is it difficult. ” ChangWook ask as he drives through the city of Busan. The two of them will talk about their day on their drive home in the evening. It’s kinda of their routine. Sometimes they will share interesting stories other than work too. 

 

“Some questions are expected but there are few questions I found it very hard. But overall I can answer it.” 

 

“Glad to hear it. You look tired. You should rest and get some sleep. I know you don’t sleep much these past 2 weeks.”

 

“Yes I will. Finally the exam week is over and I can rest for a week. So, how’s your day today oppa?” 

 

“Mine is kinda relax today. I only deliver one baby in the afternoon and the rest of the day I just had appointments with my patients.” 

 

“Is it baby boy or girl?”

 

“A girl. She’s so tiny and cute.” A smile can be seen emerging on his face. Whenever he talks about the babies he helps to deliver, he will smile  unknowingly. From there, ShinHye know he will make a good father one day. 

 

They continue to share about their days until they reach home. As usual ChangWook will help ShinHye with her stuffs and books, little that know that their movements are being observed by someone nearby at the parking bay. 

 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

 

Prof Kim just return from having a meal at a nearby café when she noticed a very familiar figure walking not far from where Bok Nam car is parked. ShinHye is walking next to a guy who seems full of manner. He open the car door for her, carry all her stuffs and ensure she is walking inside the parameter. 

 

She didn’t know how she feels right now. Part of her she feels happy and relief to see her granddaughter is doing fine but the other part of her feels worry if all the rumor she heard is true. She need to find out why she did that. 

 

She watch to where the two of them heading. They go to a special elevator area where a pass card is needed to enter the elevator bay. 

 

“Bok Nam, what is that elevator for? I don’t see that elevator at main lobby area.”

 

“Oh that is a special elevator for penthouse. Only the penthouses’s owner have the access to it. Each elevator assigned to a penthouse unit. So they don’t have to share elevators with the others.” 

 

“I see. So you need special access to use it?” 

 

“Absolutely.” 

 

Prof Kim is thinking on how she can take the elevator. Seems that ShinHye and the guy with her is staying in one of the penthouse unit. 

 

After parting with her best friend, Prof Kim trying her luck to get to the penthouse by asking the security guard. 

 

“Excuse me, I come to surprise my grandson so I don’t want to call him. Can you bring me up to his unit, please.” 

 

“I am sorry Mdm but we cannot bring just anyone up.” 

 

“Please help me, I miss my grandson and t

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter