My Promise to You

HEALING LOVE ©
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

An 88 year old man is standing by the window of his big room and overlooking the garden of his estate mansion. It is filled with rows of chairs with decorations to it. In front, there is a small altar where the main ceremony will take place. Behind the rows of chairs in the gazebo area there are tables that has been set with white table cloth with flower centrepiece on each of it. Today, a wedding will be held at his mansion and as tradition, all Ji family members willl be married there. He wants his children and grandchildren to be married at their family estate.

 

The 88 year old man is one of South Korea’s top surgeon. He is the star in cardiothoracic surgery in the 70s and even came up with new surgery method that has saved the president at that time. He is Prof Dr Ji Sung, the second generation of the Ji conglomerate who is also ChangWook’s grandfather.

 

Today one of his grandson, Ji ChangWook will be married. When he was told that his grandson will got married two weeks ago he is so happy that he can witness another one of his grandchild walking down the aisle. But, what shocked him more when he learnt that the girl is already impregnated by ChangWook. He is shocked at first but he knows nowadays, many youngsters slept together before getting married. He has to admit time changes and those kind of things are normal in the modern world. Eventhough she will be the first granddaughter-in-law of him who got pregnant before marriage but he will not treat her any less. She is still accepted to his family as she is carrying another generation of Ji. He approves the marriage immediately and ask them to held it as soon as possible.

 

The wedding will only be attended by friends, family, his business partners, ministers and some other conglomerates families. Normally he will call few press too as their family is well known but this time ChangWook request not to. He wants to have a close wedding and keep ShinHye’s identity as she is not from conglomerate family, the 88 year old man just agree to what the groom wish. He will let the press knew later once the ceremony is over just to notify them.

 

Ji ChangWook is almost ready. He is checking himself for the last time. He thought he will not be nervous as the wedding ceremony is just a formality. He and ShinHye already registered their marriage last week at the city hall but for whatever reason he does get nervous thinking about he is going to take ShinHye’s hand walking down the aisle. They plan just to have a small wedding. Just register their marriage and do a simple celebration among family members but small wedding didn’t exist in  Ji’s family dictionary. 

 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

 

A knocking sound at the door distracted his thoughts. “Can I come in?” His mom already popping her head at the door. 

 

“Of course.” Kim Sung Ryung walks into the room to check on his son one last time. She is wearing a beautiful hanbok and her hair is set up in a bun. 

 

“Uri eomma is very beautiful today.” She smile in flattered as her son praising her. 

 

“Aigoo....my baby is getting married today.” She said as she tidy up his bow tie and tuxedo. She make sure the corsage is place well. 

 

“Stop calling me baby, eomma. I’m a grown up man.” 

 

“No matter how old you get, in my eyes you are still my baby. I feel like just yesterday I send you to kindergarten and now you are going to be someone husband.” She starts to tear up and ChangWook quickly wipe the tears away. 

 

“I’m only getting married mom, not going away. Don’t cry.” 

 

“I’m just too happy. I almost thought I will never ever get to see you walking down the aisle. But today I got to see you becoming a husband and soon becomes a father. How can I not be happy?”  She tidy up his hair and wipe the little sweat on his forehead. ”I will always pray for your happiness and I hope you will grow old together with her.”

He is touched by his mom’s words. ChangWook hold his mom’s shoulder with both hands. “Do I look that lonely to you? Don’t worry after today, I won’t be lonely anymore. There will be someone besides me.” He smiles before pulling his mom into his embrace. “I love you, mom.”

 

“I love you too, son.” 

 

Their moment is interrupted by ChangMin who came looking for their mother. 

 

“Eomma, abeoji is looking for you to greet the guests. They have started to arrive.” ChangMin told her. 

 

“Arasso. I’ll come down.” 

 

“ChangWook ah.”

 

“Nae hyung?”

 

“Get ready, I’ll call you up soon when it’s about to start.” ChangMin is incharge to monitor the whole ceremony on behalf of his parents. 

 

“Ok hyung.”

 

“Just relax Wook ah. You look a bit tense. By the way, Good luck.” He said before leaving the room to take his mom downstairs. 

 

As his mom and his hyung are leaving, ChangWook opens up the vow he wrote on his iphone and go through it again and again. 

 

Writing a vow is not as simple as it seems, it is a lifelong promises between him, his wife and their marriage. He really put so much thought when he is writing it. Regardless why he is marrying ShinHye but a vow is the sincere promises to her. He needs to write something that he can fulfill and will never betray it. 

 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

 

Meanwhile inside the bride’s room, ShinHye is getting her final touch on her make up and hair. Then the make up artist put another tint layer of lipgloss on her lips to make it look more moist and plump. 

 

“Omo...you are very beautiful chingu.” Kim So Eun, her best friend seems could not stop praising her ever since she start to put on the the bridal make up. 

 

“You are praising me too much So Eun ah. You look beautiful too.” ShinHye is getting embarrassed being praised too much. 

 

“Well I’m not exaggerating you are glowing today. I think it’s because you are double glowing. You got both bridal and pregnancy glow on you.” 

 

Shinhye chuckles at her best friend. So Eun always know how to lessen her tense. 

 

“Gomawo So Eun ah, for agreeing to be my maid of honour though in short notice. At least I have someone I know by my side today.”

 

“We have promised right that we will be each other’s maid of honour on our own wedding day. I am more than happy to accompany you today.” 

 

“Miss, lets wear the dress now.” said the stylist to them. So Eun help to dress ShinHye up too. 

 

“ShinHye ya, hold your breath, i can’t zip the dress up.” So Eun said in a serious tone. 

 

ShinHye already worried as she thought she gained weight in this couple of days. “Really??? I just did the fitting last 3 days and it seems ok. Did I gain weight??” Worried, she her breath in as So Eun asked. 

 

“Ya! I’m just joking. This dress fits you perfectly. Don’t hold your breath anymore.” So Eun laugh when her friend takes her joke seriously. ShinHye pinch So Eun as punishment. 

 

ShinHye is wearing an off shoulder maternity wedding dress in off white with 3/4 lace sleeves. The dress is fit on the chest part and gathered just below her so it is flowy from under area downwards. The design helps in making her 5 months belly not so noticeable. Since now her is slightly bigger, the dress enhance her beautiful D line. She puts on a 2 inch high heels makes from the same lace material as her dress and her hair is put on a bun with some loose strands which expose her long necks and beautiful collar bone. 

 

 

“You look very pretty, Miss. Your husband must be in awe seeing you afterwards. If there isn’t anything else, I would like to excuse myself as I need to check on the groom too.” The stylist excuse herself right after putting on the dress on ShinHye. 

 

After the stylist left, So Eun help ShinHye to sit on the sofa while waiting tonbe called up. 

 

“You look stunning. I bet ChangWook ssi will fall in love with you after this.” So Eun can’t stop smiling looking at ShinHye. She can’t believe her best friend will marry first before her. As for So Eun she wears a soft yellow dress and she give her soft curls on her hair and let it flow down. 

 

“You know well why he marries me right? He just wants to help me and my baby. Stop daydreaming, chingu.” 

 

“Is it wrong if he falls for you??? To be honest, I prefer him much more than your ex and I am glad you met him in Busan. He is a better man for You whether you want to admit it or not. Just forget about that ex boyfriend of yours and just accept your husband.” 

 

“You know I can’t. I still love him So Eun. Very much. And how could I forget about him when I am carrying apart of him in me. He will always be hear.” ShinHye touch her chest telling So Eun that MinHo will always be in her heart. 

 

“How are you so sure you can’t forget him when you don’t even try??? I am telling you as a friend here, forget about MinHo, move on and start anew with ChangWook. I just want you to be happy, ShinHye and I believe ChangWook can give you that. Eventhough I only met him once during your wedding registration but I can sense he is different than most men. He has a noble heart. Even JaeRim oppa told me that your husband is reliable.” 

 

“Easier said than done. Minho oppa is the only man I ever love and give my heart to. Is not that simple to erase him. And I don’t think I will be able too.” ShinHye starts to sound sad and So Eun quickly stop the topic there. She didn’t want her to cry as the wedding will start anytime and the last thing she wants is to have a crying bride on the altar. 

 

“Let’s talk about something else than, will you go for honeymoon?” So Eun asked excitedly. Her tone change 100% than just now. 

 

“I don’t think so. This wedding is just formality for us besides ChangWook ssi is busy. I don’t think he can take long leave for honeymoon.” 

 

“He might give you a surprise, who knows tonight he will take you fly to Paris or London or Melbourne.” 

 

“You watch too many dramas So Eun. As far as I know him, he is not that type of person.” 

 

“Wanna bet that he will take you to honeymoon?” So Eun raised her eyebrow. 

 

“What’s the price?” ShinHye answered right away taking the challenge. 

 

“If I win, you need to treat me and bring me around when I come to Busan?” So Eun stated her condition. 

 

“What if I win?” ShinHye asked.

 

“You still need to bring me around in Busan but I pay for everything. Call?” 

 

“Ok, call.” ShinHye agree to take the challenge and both of them laugh to their childish bet. 

 

Knock knock. 

 

“Yes?”

 

“ShinHye ssi? Are you ready? The event is about to start. You can get ready to come down.” The event planner told them. So Eun help ShinHye to get up and gave her hand bouquet. 

 

So Eun on the other hand making sure that the dress will flow well and will not obstruct her way that can make her trip. 

 

“Ready, ShinHye?” She asked and held out her hand. 

 

ShinHye nods and hold on to So Eun’s hand firmly while she hold her bouquet with her other hand. Together they start make way to leave the room and going down. 

 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

 

ChangWook is waiting for ShinHye patiently downstairs. His best man, Seo In Guk is next to him. He waits for her at the end of the stairs. They will walk together on the aisle towards the altar. Then they will change the rings and vows. There will be no priest. The event will conducted by an MC to guide them on what to do. 

 

“Nervous???” InGuk asked. 

ChangWook only nods, no words came out from his mouth.

 

“You don’t know how happy I am when you told me you are getting married. What more it’s your own choice. Finally you have move on and be in love again. Congratulations chingu.”

 

ChangWook can only smile. Even though Inguk is his bestfriend but he will never tell the real relationship between and ShinHye.

 

As they are talking suddenly they heard a foot steps from above and when he turn to look at the stairs, his jaw almost drop. He is stunned to see how beautiful his bride is. ShinHye is pretty but today she just looks amazing in that white dress. She smile at him as she see him at the end of the stairs. She slowly descend the stairs with So Eun’s help and as she reached the end of the stairs, ChangWook stretch his hand and ShinHye hold it.

 

“You are beautiful, ShinHye ssi.” his eyes are sparkling as he sees her up front.

 

“You are handsome too, ChangWook-ssi.” ShinHye feels shy and she can feels her cheeks are getting warm.

 

“Shall we?”He curve his arm to his waist and ShinHye link her arms with him. Together, they walk to the entrance with In Guk and So Eun leads their way.

 

When they reach the beginning of the aisle, their little bridesmaids and groomsmen already waiting. They are Changwook’s nephew and his cousins’ children.

 

“Ladies and Gentleman, let’s welcome our bride and groom who is being celebrated today. Mr Ji ChangWook and Mrs Park ShinHye. Music cue.” the MC makes the announcement of their arrival and soon after his cue, the wedding march song begins to play by the orchestra. The little kids leads the way by throwing flower petals on the aisle, followed by So Eun and In Guk who walks side by side. Next, they follow the trail. Every pair of eyes present there turn to look both of them. ChangWook and ShinHye walks down the aisle in a slow pace to let people can have the time to take photos and videos of them as they walk towards the altar. Once they reach the altar, they face their guests and bow to them before turning to look at each other.

 

“Ladies and Getlemen, we are gathered here today to witness the holy matrimony of two souls who will be united in a partnership called marriage. Mr Ji ChangWook and Mrs Park ShinHye has decided to tie the knot and spent the rest of their lives with each other. Is there anyone here today who opposed to this marriage, please raise up your hand.” the MC starts off the ceremony.

 

“Ok, if there is none, let us begin. Groom, please say your vows to the bride.”

 

ChangWook take the ring from InGuk and put it on ShinHye’s finger and hold her hand as he said his vow. “With this ring, I take you Park ShinHye as my lawfully wedded wife. I can’t promise to you moon and stars in the sky but as we started our journey as man and wife, I promise to you that I will take care of you, our baby and our future children if there is any. I will be a responsible husband and father. I will support you in your upcoming endeavour and cherish you as the woman I am married too. As the head of the family, I will be the big tree that you can always lean on and shelter you from any sadness and bad things. That’s my promise to you. Me myself is not perfect and to be a perfect husband I need you to be together with me and navigate our marriage from today onwards. I hope you are willing to take this journey with me.” he stares at her with soft gaze as he said those line words by words.

 

ShinHye eyes waters as she heard his wedding vow. It is a sincere promise a guy ever said to her even though there are no affectionate words in it. She can tell those words comes from his heart and she feels bad as she didn’t prepare any vow to him.

 

“And now let’s hear the vow from the bride to the groom.”

 

ShinHye takes the ring from So Eun and put it on his finger. “With this ring, I, Park ShinHye takes you Ji ChangWook as my lawfully wedded husband. I can’t promise you that I can be a perfect wife but I will try my very level best to be a good wife to you and a responsible mother to our child…..children later. I will compliment you in any of your shortcomings. I hope you can always guide me and makes me a better person as we sail this ship called marriage. That’s my promise to you.” She look at him in the eyes as she said those words spontaneously.

 

“You guys done?” the MC asked and both of them nod. “Ok, with that you may kiss the bride.” and here comes the most anticipated moment in a marriage the kiss.

 

ChangWook leans in and kiss her forehead. It is a gentle yet deep peck from him. Everyone is clapping their hands and begin to capture those moments.

 

“Aihhhh, that’s a peck… not fair. We want a kiss. Aren’t we???” and the crowd cheer to his questions. “Kiss!! Kiss!! Kiss!!” the cheer is getting louder and louder and he knows they won’t stop unless he did what they want.

 

ChangWook whispers to ShinHye “I think we need to kiss to make them stop. Don’t worry, I’ll make it quick. You just stay still.” ShinHye nods giving him permission to do so.

 

ChangWook holds onto ShinHye’s chin and tilt her head upward facing him. He then leans in and touch her lips with his. ShinHye close her eyes and as soon as she feels his lips, her tears drop. Not because she hates it but she has been imagining this day since young and finally the day arrived but the groom that’s on her side is not the man she always imagine she will be marry with. ChangWook’s kiss is quick but it feels so tender and she regretted a bit it ends too fast. The crowd cheer in happiness and ShinHye turns slightly pink from the shyness.

 

“With that kiss, the most important ceremony of the wedding is done. Now the bride and groom will greet their family members, friends and all the guests.”

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter