1 일 (Day 1)

HEALING LOVE ©
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

Shin Hye has been thinking of what Min Jung told her. ‘He is not good at showing his feelings. He will cry alone and he will force himself to look happy so that people will not worry about him. That’s who Chang Wook is.’. These words of hers has been replaying like a tape recorder in her head for couple of days. It makes her to think of what Chang Wook has done for her for the past 10 months. He has done a lot and there is just no way she can repay those kindnesses.

 

She then turns to look at her son who is sleeping peacefully in her arms. She caresses his sleeping face gently. Her son will always remind her of the person she used to love. If anything good she gained from the relationship is having Jae Wook. She did not regret giving herself to him though she ends up being abandoned by him. At least, he had given her a precious son. Because of Jae Wook also she decided to forgive Min Ho. Not because of anyone else but more for herself and for Jae Wook’s sake. She knew that if she cannot forgive herself and let Min Ho go, she will forever have stuck at where she is now. “Eomma hope eomma is doing the right thing. When you are big enough, you will know why I did this. It’s for your best.” she kissed Jae Wook on the forehead and cheeks. She put Jae Wook inside his baby crib and let him taking his nap. She then takes her phone from the side table and typing something.

 

‘Oppa, Please free yourself in three days. Let’s have a date - Your lovely wife’.

 

She smiles after sending the message. She hopes she can condone to her mistakes towards him. She will treat him as what he deserves.

 

 

 

 

Shin Hye has been preparing since morning. She decided to cook for her husband today and surprise him at the hospital before takes him out for the valentine’s date. She had it all plan out well. She decided to spend the valentine’s day with him because she knows all these years he must be lonely on this day besides she has something to tell him.

 

Shin Hye arrived at the hospital at 11 am. She is excited somehow because this is the first time she prepares a surprise for a date.

 

“Annyeong haseyo, Mrs Park.” the nurses at the station gets up and greets her when they see her coming out from the elevator.

 

Shin Hye gives a slight bow and greets them back. “Is Dr Ji in his clinic?” she asks.

 

“He is not in yet this morning. He did not notify us that he won’t be in this morning.” Kang Mi Na, one of the nurse told her. Shin Hye recognize her from the party she attends after her wedding. She smiles to her.

 

“Really? I thought he is in. Do you know what time he will be in?” she asked.

 

They shake their heads. “I am sorry, Madam. We don’t know. I tried to page him but it has no response.” Kang Mi Na said. “Do you want me to try again, Madam? Or do you want me to call him?”

 

Shin Hye smile and shakes her head. “No need Nurse Kang. I plan to give him a surprise.”

 

“Awww, you are so sweet. Dr Ji must be happy when he sees you later.” Kang Mi Na is smiling ear to ear. She can already have expected how Ji Chang Wook will be when he sees his wife surprising him.

 

“But, isn’t Dr Ji always takes the morning off on Valentine’s Day? He always said he needs to go somewhere in the morning.” suddenly the other nurse next to Kang Mi Na said something that makes Shin Hye smiles faded. Kang Mi Na turns to her and signalling her to stop talking. The other nurse realized her mistakes and shuts up immediately.

 

Kang Mi Na turn to look back at Shin Hye and looks guilty but Shin Hye nods to her and told her she understands. “Do you want to wait him inside his clinic?” Kang Mi Na tries to cover up.

 

Shin Hye politely decline the offer and decided to just go. “It’s ok, it’s not sure what time he will come back, I just wait for him at home. Thank you.” she said and makes her way to the elevator and press the ground level button. Shin Hye lets out a long sigh inside the elevator. She curses herself from being stupid. How come she did not think of that. Today is Valentine’s Day of course he will spend time with Ji Hyun. She remembered that ahjumma once told her that Chang Wook would take leave on special days to spend with her. Today must be one of the special days he will pay her a visit. She looks at the food containers in her hand and sigh again. She should of choosing other days to spend time with her husband. ‘Should I just go back home and eat this with ahjumma and Boram?’ she monologues to herself. As she is thinking of what to do, she reached the ground floor. She goes out of the elevator and walk pass through the hospital lobby mindlessly. She gets in to the cab and tell the driver where she wants to go. She has mixed feeling about the whole situation. She feels bad, sad and jealous.

 

 

 

 

Chang Wook return to the hospital at half past 2 pm. As soon as he arrives he goes to the nurse station to ask about his schedule for the day. “Annyeong haseyo, Dr Ji.” Kang Mi Na greets him as soon as he arrived.

 

“Annyeong haseyo, nurse Kang. Do I have any appointments this evening?” he asked.

 

“You only have one. At 4 pm.” she said and hand the patient’s file to him. “By the way, Dr Ji. Your wife came just now.” she said and Chang Wook look at her surprised.

 

“My wife came? She did not tell me she is coming.”

 

“I think she may want to surprise you. I saw her bringing food, probably she wants to have lunch with you because you know, today is Valentine’s Day.” Kang Mi Na told him what her opinion is.

 

“Shhhoot I forgot.” Chang Wook close his eyes and sigh. How can he forget what day is today? He is too shock to get a call from Min Jung this morning that it totally slips his mind that today is Valentine’s Day and Shin Hye had asked him to free himself. She wants to have a date. “What time did she came? Is she still here?”

 

Kang Mi Na shakes her head. “She came around 11 and when I told her you are not around and we can’t page you she decided to go home. I already asked her to stay but she refused.” she still feels guilty for her colleagues who accidently reveal her boss is always come late on this date every year. She should tell her that now he is a married man and his wife might be sensitive about it. “I’m sorry, Dr Ji. I should stop her from going.”

 

He smiles at his nurse. “Gwenchana, it’s not your fault. It’s mine. I should tell her where I went and open my pager and handphone.”

 

He immediately takes his phone and begin to dial Shin Hye’s number but it gets into voicemail. He tried it again for few times but still the same. Then he tries to call home to check if she is home. “Yeoboseyo, ahjumma.”

 

“Nae. Chang Wook ah. Yeoboseyo.” ahjumma said on the other line.

 

“Is Shin Hye home? I tried to call her but it goes to voice message.” he said to ahjumma.

 

“She’s not home. She went out this morning. She told me that she wants to have lunch with you at the hospital. She even cooks a lot of food and bring it with her. Did she not go there?” there’s a little worry in her voice.

 

“She did but I was not at my clinic just now as I have to attend and emergency case somewhere. When I return to the hospital my staff told me that Shin Hye already go back home when she knew I was not around. I tried calling her many times but seems like her phone is off. That’s why I call you to check on her.” he explains to ahjumma.

 

“Aigoo. Where could she be. Maybe she goes out with her friend and her phone battery goes off. Don’t worry too much, eo.” ahjumma try her best not to make Chang Wook more worried.

 

“Is Jae Wook behaving well?” he asked ahjumma. He is worried, his son will start to get cranky.

 

“He is fine. I just put him to sleep. He just finishes his milk a while ago. Don’t worry about your boy.”

 

“Arasso. Okay ahjumma. I need to hang up now.” he said and turn off the end call button. ‘Where could you have been, Shin Hye ah’. He monologues to himself. He decided not to go into his clinic and straight heads to the elevator. He needs to find his wife. He starts to get worried.

 

Meanwhile, he tried to call Sung Kyung and Min Jung to ask whether Shin Hye is with them but both of them said that she is not with them. She also did not call them for the day. That makes Chang Wook more worried. Where could she be? He keeps asking that to himself. Then suddenly he thinks of one place. He hopes she will be there.

 

 

 

 

Shin Hye is sitting on the bench overlooking the rough waves hits the cliff. The sound of the water body hitting the big rock is kind of scary but somehow it can give you a peace of mind. That’s nature. Even though it looks rough, scary and dangerous but if you do not go into it, it can give you the therapy. She plans to go home after she failed to surprise her husband. But, on the way home she passed by this place and she decided to stop by so she ask the taxi driver to drop her here. This is the very first place she go the moment she arrived in Busan some 10 months ago and also the first place she met her husband. He was sitting at this bench when he saw her at the edge of the cliff no too far from here. He must love to come here to release his stress too because this place is quite healing.

 

As she sits there she remembers all the memories she shared with Chang Wook. Starting from the moment he pulled her away from jumping off the cliff until recently. Everything is playing in her mind like a video recording. She realized how much he had done for her and her son but never once he asks to pay back. When the world is full of greedy and ambitious people it is surprising to find a selfless man like him and she considered herself lucky to be safe by a kind man. Because of that she decided to open up her heart for him and learn to love him. She chose to tell him today. She thought it will be more meaningful to tell him today as today is a special day. Valentine’s Day. In Korea, it is the day where all woman will confess their feeling or tell their partner how much they love them but she miscalculated one thing. Today also is the day he will visit his first love. As previous years, he will spend at least half a day with her. Is she mad? No. Because it is something he had done every year. It is his routine. She should have known it. Is she jealous? Maybe but she can’t say anything because she comes later after the woman. Ji Hyun will be forever his first love. Is she sad? Yes, and she has no reason for it. Without realizing tears slowly fell down from her eyes.

 

She inhaled the cold breeze as she rides on her emotions. She was so lost in her thoughts that she did not realized Chang Wook already standing behind her.

 

“Shin Hye ah.” He said in relief the moment he saw her sitting on the bench near the cliff area.

 

She thought she is day dreaming when she heard the familiar voice calling her name. She closed her eyes trying to get compose herself then she feels someone slowly touching her shoulder. “Shin Hye?” she turns around and her husband is standing right behind her looking worried.

 

“Oppa.” her eyes become wet again when she sees him. “How come you know I am here?”

 

Chang Wook takes a seat next to her and hold her hands. “My gut feelings tell me you might be here. Your phone is off. I called home but ahjumma said you are not back yet. I called Sung Kyung and ask about you but she said she did not meet you. You don’t know how worried I was. So I am thinking probably you go somewhere that is familiar to you and I try my luck to come here and my gut feelings is right.” he sounds worried but relief at the same time.

 

“I’m sorry I make you worried about me. I probably forgot to charge my phone.”

 

He smiles as he wipes her tears with his thumbs. “Gwenchana. Now I had found you safe and sound, I am beyond relief. Why didn’t you tell me that you want to come to the hospital? I feel bad that I am not there when you came.”

 

“I wanted to give you a surprise as I already told you to free yourself. I forget that you might already other plans. How silly of me to think you are always at your hospital.” she lowers down her face as she said that.

 

Chang Wook sighs in guilty. “Something coming up and that’s why I totally forgot about it.”

 

Shin Hye nods as if she already knows what is the thing that coming up. “I know. I should have known today is one of the day you will visit Ji Hyun-ssi as today is Valentine’s Day.” She said softly and tries not to sound jealous.

 

Chang Wook smirks to himself as he heard what she just said. “Are you jealous?”

 

Shin Hye is shocked by his question. She quickly shakes her head thinking she might sound obvious. “I am not in the position to feel or be jealous. She is your first love and of course on the special day like this you want to spend time with her. What right do I have to be jealous to a person who is much more important to you than me.” she tries to sound as calm as possible. To be honest, she also did not know should she be jealous or not but even if she is jealous, she should remind herself that Ji Hyun came first before her.

 

Chang Wook continue smiling looking at how she feels jealous but trying hard to deny it. He caresses her face softly and slid her falling hairs behind her ears. “You have every right to feel jealous. You are my wife. All wives will feel jealous if the husbands are meeting ‘someone else’. It’s ok to be jealous.”

 

Suddenly Shin Hye feels her face turns red when her husband caught her being jealous once again. She fans herself trying to reduce the redness away.

 

Chang Wook holds her hands in his firmly. “Okay, let me explain. It’s true that for the past seven years, I went to visit Ji Hyun in the morning on Valentine’s Day and I am not be in my clinic in the morning. However, this year I decided not to spent my Valentine’s Day with her because I have moved on. Besides I am a married man and it is more logical if I spent special day like this with my pretty wife. Isn’t it?” he gave her a cheeky smile which manage to make Shin Hye chuckles. “I got a called from Min Jung noona this morning as soon as I reached the hospita

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter