Fresh Start

HEALING LOVE ©
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

ShinHye POV

I wake up extra early today. Firstly because I had morning sickness so I wake up to puke and secondly today ChangWook-ssi is taking me out. This is the first time he asked me out alone eversince I stayed here with him and to be honest, I am nervous. I already asked ahjumma to follow us, but she refused as she said shopping is not her thing. Other than Minho, I never go out alone with other man. Ok, maybe there's one man but it is JaeRim oppa whom I already think as my own brother and normally I go out with him alone is to surprise SoEun. Talking about JaeRim oppa and SoEun, makes me misses them so much. It has been a month since I left and do not contact SoEun so does halmeoni. 

Since it is still early and everybody probably are still asleep, I slowly walk downstairs not to wake anyone up. I open the door to the balcony to get some fresh air. The morning dew and fresh breeze from the sea somehow can reduce my nauseaous so I will spent some time in the morning and the evening at the balcony to get some fresh air when ever my morning/evening sickness strikes. 

"Getting some fresh air?" the familiar male voice snapped me out from my reverie. 

"Oh ChangWook-ssi. Did I wake you up?" he shake his head, walks towards me and stand by my side. 

"It feels nice right to breathe the morning sea breeze. It feels refreshing. I wake up for this. And why are you wake up early today?" 

"I feel nauseous and I threw up. So I decided to get fresh air. Usually it helps a bit with my morning sickness." 

"Are you ok now? Do you want any drinks or ointment?" he sound so concern. 

"Better. I wonder when this sickness feeling will end." 

He smile and rub my back gently. "It will soon. Don't worry." 

He soothes me for a while and even though I feel awkward but I kinda feels his gentle touch warms me. Normally, I don't feel comfortable with strangers or someone I never knew before, but there is something about him that makes me trust him and feel comfortable with him from the first time I met him. I can't figure out what is it but I know he has that something in him. 

"Your house has a very nice view. Did you buy this house because of the view?" I try to find a subject to talk about to avoid the awkwardness. 

"It's actually my grandfather's property. He gave it to me as I decided to work for the hospital here in Busan. None of his other grandchildren wants to work here. They love Seoul so much."

"So what makes you choose to come here and not staying in Seoul?" 

"Well, let's say I love the sea and I don't like competition. Just imagine how many cousins I have to compete with to please my grandfather if I stay in Seoul." he let out a small laugh joking to which I laugh at too. 

"It must be good right, to be a sole heir for the hospital here. What more to have this beautiful home as a gift."

"Well, partially yes but that doesn't mean I have free pass to not work hard. I still need to work hard like the other doctors to be good in my field." he explained further. 

"Why did you choose to specialized in OBGyn and not the other field?" 

"Hmmm maybe I want something different to excel in. Something that none of my family member interested in. So harabeoji or my other relatives won't compare me with anyone." he continues joking. "Why did you asked? You feel weird a guy specialized in this field?"

I shook my head. "No. What makes you said that?"

"I got that judgemental look a lot when I first said that I want to specialized in this field. People looking at me like I am, you know...ert." 

I laugh out loud to his last word. I never thought he would said that. I notice he can make jokes and not that all serious. We had a good chat that morning till we forgot about how long the time had passed. We only realized we had talk so much when the un already shine bright and all ahjumma ask us to have our breakfast. 

"Wow, it's already 9 oclock. i didn't realized time we talk that long." he said as he look at his watch. "come let's eat light for breakfast. I want to bring you out for brunch at my favourite cafe." he take my hand and bring me inside the house. I am shocked by his action but what surprised me more is I let him.

 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

 

Lee MinHo is enjoying the inflight business class treatment. He is returning from Hong Kong for a fan meeting event. He is living the Hallyu Star lifestyle to the fullest. His rising popularity enables him to fly in business class even on his first overseas flight which is very rare to happen even for idol. Those luxurious perks is what he gets in exchange for leaving his old lifestyle and focus on his new career, Lee Min Ho the Hallyu Star. 

At first, he was not that happy for his decision but as he was given more opportunities to get his name recognized, he is quite happy with the new lifestyle he is enjoying now. He is realizing his dreams. The dreams he hold for a very long time. Not only his life has change tremendously but his manger life also has change for a better. Dong Chul now have some extra money to spend on his family. Min Ho is happy that he somehow can help Dong Chul to have better life as well. Sometimes he does think about ShinHye but he will focus more on his work to let go of the thoughts. One day, when he can be indipendent on his own he will find her. One day. That is what he promise to himself. He will find her and get her back into his life. 

 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

 

"Wow, whose car is this? I don't know you own a sport's car?" ShinHye asked ChangWook when she saw the red Porsche Carerra GT in front of her. 

"Legally and technically it's my mom's. But since she left it here. I need to take care of it on her behalf. Once in a while I need to drive it to make sure it is running well." he opens the door for her to get in before he gets into the driver's seat. 

"Why don't you just use this car everyday? It kinda suits you, you know." ShinHye ask out of curiosity. 

"It's too flashy. Besides i already have my own car." he said. Then he leans in close to ShinHye and slowly he pull the seatbelt and put it on her. "Safety first."

All she can do is nod. ShinHye heart was racing when he leans in that close. He always keep a distance between them and that is the closest he ever get near her. She can feel his warm breath as he wrap the seatbelt on her. After evertyhing is settled, he start the ignition and drove off leaving the condominium complex. The cafe situated quite far from Haeundae. The long drive is fill with silence. Once in a while, ChangWook will steal a look on ShinHye next to him. The sea breeze blows her long hair as the car go through the seaside road of Busan. Since the weather is nice today, ChangWook opt to open the convertible roof to get fresh air. ChangWook can't help but notice that ShinHye is indeed a pretty lady. She has gain a healthy weight now and her face glows as compared to when he met her a month ago. That time she is so skinny and looks very fragile. After more than 30 minutes, they arrived at a seaside cafe called WaveOn. The cafe is nicely located at the sea shore and facing the ocean. The interior is very nice and exclusive. The waiters, baristas and chefs are all dress neatly. It seems like an exclusive cafe. 

"Good morning Dr Ji. It's been a while." a woman in her mid thirties greets ChangWook. She is the cafe manager and had known him for long as he is a reguler there. 

"Hi Manager Park. I am busy these past few months. Is the table ready?" he asked politely. 

The cafe manager nods and bring them to their reserved table. The table is reserved for two and it is at the patio area facing th sea. It is at the open area but the roof covered the area is nicely decorated with plants and flowers making the ambience great. 

"As usual, we try our best to get your favourite spot, sir." the manager said while pulling the chair for us and place the napkin on us. 

"Thank you. I can always count on you. Whats the latest special you have?" he asked and the manager busy explaining few new food they have on the menu and their latest best sellers. On the other hand, ShinHye also browsing the menu. Everything looks delicious to her. "ShinHye-ssi, anything you would like to have?" ChangWook asked. 

"Do you have any suggestions?" 

"You should try the salmon poached eggs with toast. It's the best here."

"Really? If so, I would like to have that one with one orang juice."

"Ok, one salmon poach eggs with toast and orange juice for her and as for me i would like to have American breakfast and hot latte please." he told Manager Park. 

"Certainly sir." she pick up the menu cart and bring the order to the kitchen staff. 

"So, ShinHye ssi what do you think of this place?" he break the silence between them after their order being taken. 

"It's beautiful and cosy. You always come here ChangWook ssi?" 

"I will come here when I am free and when my family came down to Busan. They also love the food here."

"I see. So I can see why people love this place. The ambience is great. Makes me miss Okinawa." 

"Okinawa? You have been there?" he is curious. 

"My grandmother stayed there as she is a professor there. I stayed with halmeoni after my parents passed away. But I came to Seoul during high school and stayed there alone." ShinHye slowly open up to him. 

"Seems like there are still a lot I do not know about you though we have known each other for almost a month. I have a suggestion, why don't we start to know about each other from basic. You tell me about yourself and I will tell you about mine. You know, start fresh and perhaps we can be firends? What do you say about it?" ChangWook suggests. 

"Errr..I don't think I fit to befriend a great doctor like you ChangWook ssi." SHinHye lower down her head feeli

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter