My Wife

HEALING LOVE ©
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

“We do.” ChangWook answers made ShinHye shocked.

 

“We do? You didn’t tell me anything about it.” ShinHye looks at ChangWook confused.

 

“It’s a surprise. I plan to tell you last night but I forgot. Mihane.”

 

“Where and when are you going?”

 

“Just nearby. Jeju. Our flight will be this evening.”

 

ShinHye is still shocked to hear what ChangWook just said. She totally didn’t know about this honeymoon plan of his.

 

 

 

“Why didn’t you tell me we are going for honeymoon?” ShinHye ask as she packs her luggage.

 

“I wanted to surprise you. I thought it will be cool to give you a surprise.” this is the first time he heard ShinHye ask him in that straight tone and he can feel she is mad at him.

 

“You should have told me. I don’t like impromptu plans.”

 

 

“Are you mad, ShinHye ssi? I’m so sorry. To tell you the truth, I really wanted to take you for vacation. I have been planning to for few weeks. I plan for this trip as your semester break trip initially. To take you and some of your friends for a holiday. But since this marriage comes into the picture, I thought it will be nice if I use the plan holiday break to a honeymoon trip. I didn’t mean anything. I just wants to reward you a trip as a break. If you don’t want to go, I can cancel it.” he walks slowly to her and stand by her side. He touch her shoulders slowly, “I’m sorry.” this is the first time ChangWook sees her getting mad and he feels bad for it.

 

 

 

To be honest, ShinHye is quite mad initially when she heard about this surprise honeymoon but when he tell his reason and he looks really sorry, she came down and calm herself. “No I’m not mad just shocked. It’s like so sudden you know. You have prepared it so no need to cancel it.”

 

“It’s ok. If you don’t want to go, I can cancel it. I won’t force you?”

 

Now, ShinHye feels guilty. Does she sounds so stern just now? “Don’t cancel it. It will be a waste of money. But, next time please tell me if you plans anything. I am not a fan of surprises.” she tells him directly but in soft tone and he nods telling her he understands. “Go and take out the shirts you want to bring, let me pack for you.”

 

“It’s ok, I can pack myself. I don’t want you to be too tired. We still need to travel and it’s going to be quite a long journey for you.” ChangWook said as he starts to pack himself. “Just leave your luggage on the bed, I’ll close it and carry it afterwards.” the reason ShinHye can’t be mad too long with him is he is considerate.

 

 

They just arrived the Gimpo airport and their flight is at 5pm. They still have more than an hour to their flight. ChangWook’s younger brother and his mom send them at the airport. ChangWook gets all luggages from the trunk of the car and put it on the trolley. His mom already got inside the airport with Shinhye. His brother helps him with the luggages. Since he already did the web check in all he needs is just to drop their luggage.

 

“Luggage dropped. Boarding pass printed. We are good to go.” he said as he waves the two boarding pass in his hands to ShinHye.

 

“Take a good care of my daughter in law, ok. Don’t get her too work out. Be gentle to her, remember she is carrying my grandchild.” Kim SungRyung gives special instructions to her son which makes ChangYoung laugh looking at her mother behaviour.

 

“Eomma, hyung is your son but why do I think you are treating him like a son in law?” he jokes to his mom.

 

“A daughter in law is like a daughter to me too. I need to make sure she is taken care well by her husband.”

 

“Relax eomma, hyung will take care of noonim well. Hyung is always good at taken care of people.” ChangYoung assures her mom who he thinks worried for nothing.

 

“ChangYoung is right eomma, you don’t need to worry. I will treat my wife like a queen.” he hugs his mom and re assures her not to be worried.

 

“Don’t worry eomonim. I will be fine. I promise to give you a call when I’m in Jeju.” ShinHye also hugs her mother in law and tell her not to be worried.

 

“Remember what I told you.” Kim SungRyung whispers to ShinHye while patting her back.

 

After saying their goodbyes, ChangWook and ShinHye gets into the departure hall. “Since we have time, let’s grab something to drink first, shall we?”

 

“Sure.” ShinHye agrees and follows him. ChangWook is glad ShinHye did not prolong on being mad at him. After he appologizes, she is back being the ShinHye he knew.

 

 

They arrived Jeju at 6pm. After airport clearance, ChangWook straight away goes to the rental car counter to rent a car for their trip.

 

“You wait here, I’ll go and settle the car rental booking.” He asked ShinHye to wait for him at the benches area outside the rental car counter while he settles the booking.

 

After he got the car, he gets to his wife and push the luggage trolley and put their luggages inside the car. ChangWook did all the work. He didn’t let ShinHye to help even lifting the small duffle bag.

 

ShinHye waits for him in the car as he loads their luggage. This is her first time in Jeju. She is kinda excited to be here for the trip. ChangWook told her that they going to be here for a week. Since he got 10 days marriage leave, he is utilizing it all.

 

“Hungry?” he said as he gets into the car. ShinHye nods. Eventhough they were given a cupcake and tea on the plane, but she already feel hungry. Besides it’s already dinner time.

 

“Put on your seatbelt. We go and have dinner first.” he told her as he turn on the ignition and move the car leaving the airport.

 

After 20 minutes drive, they arrived at a restaurant. The restaurant is a cosy restaurant in quite off grid from the main town. It’s not really a tourist spot.

 

“Oso osaeyo.” they were greeted by the staff as they enter the small restaurant. There only about 10 tables inside the restaurant and the ambience is so cozy.

 

“Annyeong haseyo sajangnim.” from the way ChangWook smiles seems like ChangWook already knew the restaurant owner.

 

“Aigoo, Dr Ji. It’s been a long time? How long has it been? 1 year? 2 years?” asked the middle age woman.

 

“1 year and the half. How are you sajangnim?”

 

“I’m fine. How many times I told you not to call me sajangnim. Who is this pretty lady?”

 

“Ah, she’s my wife.” he introduced ShinHye. ShinHye still find the word wife foreign to her. She knows she must get used to it.

 

ShinHye bows and greets the restaurant owner. ‘Annyeong haseyo.”

 

The middle age woman then noticed ShinHye’s slightly buging tummy and she smile wide looking at ChangWook. “Congratulations for these too.” she showed towards ShinHye tummy. Then she takes us to the seat and give them the menu.

 

“You seems a regular here. She remembers you well.”

 

“That’s because I am not from here. This restaurant normally frequent by people around this area, so outsiders is easy to notice.”

 

“What’s nice here?” she asked as she flipped the menu.

 

“Remember you told me few weeks ago you wanted to eat abalone porridge right? This place serves one of the best abalone porridge.” ShinHye is quite surprise he remembered that she is craving for abalone porridge. His ability to remember small things amaze her.

 

“You remembered?”

 

“Of course. That’s part of the reason, I want to bring you here because I want you to taste the best abalone porridge.”

 

“Ready to order?” the owner come back to ask.

“Two abalone porridges. Can you please put extra abalones for her. She has been craving for abalone porridge for weeks. And one medium grilled garlic abalone.”

 

“Looks like the one inside wants to eat abalone. Don’t worry, I will put extra abalone specially for your wife and the baby. Abalone porridge is nutritious for pregnant woman.” the owner said before she go to the kitchen to place the order.

 

“i am kinda amaze that you still remember I want to eat abalone porridge. Even I can’t remember I told you that I’m craving for one. Is it because you are a doctor, that you have a strong memory?”

 

“Mmmmmm…maybe. But sometimes I am forgetful too. I remembered about your craving because when you said about abalone porridge, I already intended to bring you here. That’s why.”

 

“Komawo. For troubling yourself just to let me eat abalone porridge.”

 

“Anything for my wife.” he winks. Eventhough she know that those words just being blurt out of his mouth but somehow ShinHye did feel flattered.

 

“So here is the abalone porridge extra abalone for the pretty lady. Here is the normal version and here is the grilled garlic abalone. Here are the banchans.” the ahjumma served their ordered food and six types of side dishes. “Please enjoy the meal.”

 

“Jjal meokahae seumnida.” ShinHye starts to dig in the porridge as she is very hungry.

 

“Careful, it’s hot.” ChangWook warns her before she burned her tongue. “Try this kkakdugi. It’s nice.” he puts a piece of radish kimchi on her spoon and ShinHye squeales as she taste how nice the kimchi is. ChangWook can’t stop smiling looking at how happy she is.

 

She continues to eat in gusto and she empties out her bowl fast. After she is done, she leans back and touch her full stomach. “What a delicious meal. Looks like my tummy is getting rounder.”

 

“Are you satisfied with the meal?”

 

“Very. The baby is happy too.” she smiles as she pats her tummy telling him that she is satisfied with the meal.

 

"Is all the food ok?" the sajangnim ask as she helps her staff cleans up the table.

 

"Everything is good sajangnim. It's the best abalone porridge I ever tasted. And your kkatdugi is awesome too. i can have plenty of that." ShinHye told the owner.

 

"Shall we move now?" ChangWook asked after a while. Since both of them are full, he give themselves time to let the food digest first. ShinHye nods and she slowly gets up from the chair and walking towards the counter with her husband.

 

"It's 25 000 Won. And here is the kkatdugi. It's on the house." the lady owner hands in a container full of kkatdugi to ChangWook.

 

"Sajangnim. This is a lot. I should pay for it at least."

 

"Gwenchana. Your wife love it so much and I still have plenty of it. Just take it and store it in a fridge. Side dishes is never a waste."

 

"Kamsahamnida sajangnim. I will eat well." ShinHye takes the container from her and bows to thank her before leaving the restaurant.

 

 

After dinner, they straight go to their hotel as it's already almost 9pm. They are staying at Lotte City hotel for the night. ChangWook book a 2 bedroom suite for them. The reason he didn’t book 2 separate rooms is to avoid suspicions just in case if he bump into someone who knew him.

 

“I hope you don’t mind we share this suite. You sleep in the master bedroom as it has ensuite bathroom. I’ll sleep in the smaller room.” he said as he puts ShinHye’s luggage inside the master bedroom. “Now you can get some rest. You and your baby must be tired. Goodnight.”

 

“Gomawo, ChangWook ssi. You go and get some rest too. You have been doing all the work since morning especially lifting my heavy suitcase. Goodnight.”

 

After her husband left, ShinHye unpacks some of her stuff and take a warm shower to refresh after a long travel.

 

ShinHye is reading some articles on pregnancy care. Seems like the warm shower didn’t make her sleepy anymore. After tossed and turns on the bed few times, she decided to go out to the living room and watch TV. When she cone out to the living room, ChangWook is watching TV.

 

"Can I join you, ChangWook ssi?" she asked as she takes a seat next to him on the sofa.

 

"Sure. Not sleepy yet?"

 

ShinHye shakes her head, "Suddenly I feel refresh after the shower. What are you watching?" she asked.

 

"Stand up comedy. It's Russell Peters. My favourite."

 

"Wow, I don't know that you like stand up comedy. This is new." ShinHye raised her eyebrows when she learned that the reserved Dr Ji ChangWook loves to watch stand up comedy.

 

"Why? Is it weird that I like to watch stand up comedy?"

 

"You doesn't look like the type who enjoys comedy. It's not that I am judging you, but I thought you are a serious person. You know those who love watching news,political talkshows, forums et cetera. et cetera.

 

"That's what I dislike most. News is ok but to spend time for hours watching people debating about politics is a no no. Seems like you still don't know about the real me.

 

"I guess so. Probably because you don't really tell me about yourself more.

 

"You got a point. I admit I am quite reserved hence I don't really show my real self to people. Especially to those who I just met.

 

"Understand. But ChangWook ssi. Am I still a stranger to you? Is that why you still uncomfortable to tell me more about yourself?"

 

"Why did you asked? Do you feel like I treat you like stranger?"

 

"Sometimes."

 

"Sorry, if I made you feel that way. I have an idea. Why don't we take this opportunity during this honeymoon trip to get to know each other better and gets closer. I know we didn't really have time these past months as we are busy with other things." he gives suggestions for them to know each other better and ShinHye agrees as she thinks it's a good thing too.

 

"ChangWook ssi."

 

"Hmmmmm."

 

"Can I ask you something?"

 

"Sure, what is it?"

 

"Why do you want to take me to a honeymoon? Both of us know that this marriage is not really a real marriage." ShinHye has been dying to ask why he prepares this honeymoon. He really plan it out well. This doesn't seem like an adhoc trip to her.

 

"Why did you say that? To me our marriage is real. We registered our marriage and we took our own vows. So how can our marriage is not real? A wedding and a honeymoon is a dream for every girl. Eventhough, we didn't got married out of love, but I don't want you to miss any of those. I want you to have a chance to experience a wedding and a honeymoon. You deserves that. Beside, like I told you before, I am taking this chance to take you for a trip so that you can relax yourself and release the stress. The last 4 months were so tough on you isn't it? Trust me, Jeju is one of the best place to be if you want to de-stress yourself from whatever problems." ShinHye is touch again by his thoughtfulness. How can there be a guy who is not selfish at all. If all guys are like him, there will be no heartbreak in a woman’s dictionary.

 

"Thank you for always trying to makes me happy, ChangWook ssi. I appreciate all your efforts.”

 

They continue to watch the stand up comedy while sharing stories. That night, ShinHye and ChangWook starts to gets to know each other better.

 

 

 

ShinHye POV

 

Today is the 3rd day I am in Jeju do for my ermmm honeymoon? This trip is what i just needed especially after I have been studying so hard in the last 2 months. I can never thank him enough for taking me here to get a break. The past 2 days we learn a lot about each other especially on the kind of food and things we love and we hate. Surprisingly we have some similarity, both of us are foodie. He took me to go around downtown and nearby areas like Aewol, Hamdeok beach etc. We went to the museum, shopping arcade, and other touristy places in Jeju City. He also took me to the shops and cafes he frequent and most of the shop owner he visits remembers him. Not only that he also takes extra effort by fulfilling all my cravings and finding food that I love to eat. From there I knew that he always comes to Jeju. All of the people he visits were shocked when he told them that we are married and I knew what shocked them more is there's a baby on the way too. 'She's my wife'. Those words though still sounds foreign to me, but i am getting used to it coming from his mouth. We are getting closer and I am adjusting myself to my new life now. I am a wife, and he is my husband.

 

Since we are moving to a different hotel today, I already packed all my stuffs last night so that i won't be late this morning. I brewed some coffee for him and as for me, I warm up the chocolate milk I bought yesterday. He wanted to take me to his favourite breakfast place so I just prepared drinks for us.

 

“Good morning.” I heard his voice as I am busy in the kitchen.

 

“Morning. I brewed coffee for you. Drink it first.” I said as I put the coffee in front of him on the dining table. I sit opposite of him and enjoy my warm milk. “Where are we going today?”

 

“Today, I’m going to take you to meet my friends. You gonna love them.” his warm smile is a good way to start the day.

 

After we finished our drinks, he helps me with my luggage before calling the bell boy to take our luggages to the lobby. He settles the check out procedure while I wait for him at the lobby. The bellboy helps to put our luggage inside the trunk of our car and we drove off leaving Jeju city. He told me that we are moving to the beach area and will stay there for the rest of our trip.

 

We stop at his favourite breakfast place. The restaurant serves many kind of pancakes from the traditional jeon to the western pancakes.

 

“Whenever I feel like having pancakes for breakfast, I’ll come here. I has many kinds and many flavours of pancakes. Take a look at the menu.” he showed me the menu and I browse to it and I am surprised to see different kind of menus in it. “What do you want?”

 

“What are you having?”

 

“I’m having my usual seafood jeon.”

 

“Everything looks nice. Since you already take the traditional pancake, I’ll take the western pancakes. I’m going for buttermilk banana pancakes.”

 

“Ready to order Dr Ji?” the waitress ask us and ready to take our order.

 

“The usual for me and for my wife, she wants buttermilk banana pancakes.”

 

“Certainly. Any other things?”

 

“That’s it for now.”

 

When the waitress left, he told me more about the place and how popular the place for breakfast. He has good knowledge about the places in Jeju. The place he brought me are all the places that is frequent by locals and not tourists.

 

“ChangWook ssi, can I ask you something?”

 

“Sure, what is it?”

 

“Have you stayed here in Jeju before? Many people seems to kow you.”

 

He nods to my question. “Yes, briefly. I took a time off from study and stayed here for 6 months.”

 

“I see, when was that? If you don’t mind telling me?”

 

“7 years ago.”

 

“No wonder those people recognize you well.”

 

“They recognize me because I am a frequent at their place. Whenever I come to Jeju, I will go to their shop. That’s why.”

 

“You seems to love coming to Jeju so much. Any special reason why?”

 

“Hmmmm nothing special but it is a best place for healing to me. I will come here to de-stress. Besides, it is near to Busan, so I can come for a short weekend trip that’s another reason.

 

I got to know more about his past. So he did get stress at times and go for a trip to de-stress.

 

The pancakes we ordered is being served. As if he can read my mind, he separate both pancakes into half and shared it with me so both of us can taste both pancakes. Girls do this all the time but guys are not to keen in sharing food.

 

“Ermmmm…no wonder you love this place. The pancakes are fluffy and the taste is just nice.” I said as I chew the pancakes in gusto. As I already start to feel comfortable with him, I have no problem eating in front of him without being shy of my big appetite.

 

“Eat slowly. Or you will have indigestion.”

 

I finished both pancakes in mere minutes. It is so good that I can’t stop eating it. Then I see the kids next to our table eating waffle with ice cream and suddenly I am cravings for some desserts. I tried not too look so obvious but I think he already notice my eyes that keep looking at the kids.

 

“Do you want to have the waffles?” I am baffled by his question and observant manner. I nods shyly feeling embarassed. He waved for the waitress and add one more waffles with ice cream for me.

 

“You must think I am such a gluttony person right? I’m sorry my cravings can go crazy sometimes. Since the morning sickness stopped I found myself always hungry.”

 

“Gwenchana. I feel better to see you eating rather than I see you keep vomitting.” he smiles like a daddy who love to see his daughter eating and I seriously feels like hiding under the table being shy.

 

I finished up 3/4 of the waffle myself and he help me to finish the other quarter as I am already so full. After breakfast, he takes me to a drive. He drove along the scenic view before we reached at a ranch.

 

“What is this place Changwook ssi?”

 

“This is where we going to meet my friends.” he said as he opens hi door and later mine. I get out of the car and follow his leads. We arrived at a horse ranch and he was greeted by a man in his 40s as he enters.

 

“Dr Ji, it has been while. How do you do?”

 

“I’m fine Mr Lee. How are you? Are Gi Bbeum and Sa Rang good?” he ask as his eyes are wondering looking for something.

 

“They are fine. Don’t worry. And is this your wife?” the man that he call Mr Lee pointed at me.

 

“Ah, nae. ShinHye ssi, this is Mr Lee. He is the one taking care of my two friends here. Mr Lee, this is my wife, Park ShinHye.” I bow to the man and greets him as he did the same too.

 

“So, is this where I’m going to m

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter