Proud Parents

HEALING LOVE ©
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

Chang Wook reached home at 12 pm sharp for lunch break and as usual he will help Shin Hye to bath baby Jae Wook. When he enters the room, Shin Hye is playing with her son. Their baby boy is almost a month old and he is such a jovial baby. He is always smiling and laughing whenever he hears his parents’ voices talking to him. He might not be like normal babies, but he brings absolute joy to Chang Wook and Shin Hye.

 

“Oppa wasseo?” Shin Hye greets her husband as she sees him entering the room.

 

Chang Wook walks to them and sit on the bed next to her and play with his little boy too.

 

“Oppa, since Jae Wook is less fragile now, I think I am confident that I can bathe him. Can you teach me how to do it?”

 

“Arasso. I’ll teach you, afterwards. Let me play with him first.” he plays with him while giving him a gentle stretching to strengthen the muscles on his arms and legs.

 

Meanwhile, Shin Hye prepare the warm water for Jae Wook in the bathroom. Once done, he notifies her husband and Chang Wook begins to undress his son and brings him inside the bathroom. He passed Jae Wook to Shin Hye and she holds him in her arms.

 

 

“You can either hold him in your arms like I do or you can use the baby bath support if you think you are afraid to hold him with one arm.” he said and Shin Hye choose to use the support. She put Jae Wook on the support and place the support inside the baby bath tub that is filled with warm water.

 

Chang Wook then slowly shows her on how to give the baby a bath and she follows. They are standing next to each other and sometimes they are having unexpected skinship when their hands are touching each other’s by accident when they are bathing their son.

 

Shin Hye picks up Jae Wook from the support when he is done and hold him near her shoulders. Chang Wook gets the towel to dry him up. When he is about to wrap Jae Wook, Shin Hye turns her face and it becomes so close to Chang Wook’s face that their nose almost hit. It is so close that they can hear each other’s breathe. They are caught in the moment and staring at each other. They can feel the that their hearts are beating fast as they feel the tension between them. Shin Hye turn her head immediately to avoid his gaze and Chang Wook quickly gets Jae Wook from Shin Hye and wraps the baby with the dry towel and brings him to the changing table.

 

Chang Wook swears that if he did not have high self-control just now, he might be already kissing her but luckily she turn her head away. The two of them awkwardly become silent and the only sound that fills the room in Jae Wook’s soft coo.

 

 

 

 

 

(Chang Wook POV)

 

If you tell me a year ago that today I will have my own family, I will laugh at you and call you crazy. But life is full of surprises and has its own plan. Me myself still can’t believe that I will become a husband and a father this year. Embracing fatherhood is the greatest experience that ever happen in my life. The feeling of holding your child in your arms for the first time is unexplainable and the best feelings a man could have. He may not be biologically mine, but I love him the moment I heard his first heartbeat and feel his first kick when he is still inside the womb. Whatever the situation is, Jae Wook is my baby. Jae Wook and Shin Hye are the best gift I received this year. I am thankful that they came into my life and fill my lonely days. My baby and my wife.

 

Wife. According to the dictionary it means the female spouse in a marital unit. Normally a man marries his wife after being in a romantic relationship or at least after few dates. It is different for me. I married her to help her. I married her to give her baby a family so that he will not born without a father. I stepped in and replace the void the real father left.

 

When I asked her to marry me, my intention is purely to help her. I am confident that there will be no romantic feelings will be involve. But, I might be wrong. I do not know that feelings and emotions can be unpredictable and surprising. Scary sometimes. I thought that I will never fall in love with someone else other than Ji Hyun. I thought she is my eternal love. I think my feelings betrayed the promise I made to myself. I am starting to look at my wife differently and my feelings for her begins to bloom. When I thought I marry her just to help her, I ends up loving to be her husband and her baby’s father. I love when she calls me oppa and I love when I can be the one she relies on and I can protect her. I feel my self is important to her.

 

I do not know what gets into me lately, but nowadays I love her smile especially the morning smile she gave me before I go to work. I love hearing her voice talking to me. I love her feminine soft scents and most of all I always wants her to be around me. Always. When she decided to move back to her room, I am kind of disappointed. I wanted her just to stay in my room so that I can easily help her looking after the baby but I need to respect her decision so I let her. I never know I can be missing her presence so much even though her room is just ten steps away from mine. Probably I am used having her around in my room, watching her sleep on my bed, sometimes hearing her small snores when she is too tired so when she moves I feel some sort of emptiness. That’s why I make it point to see Jae Wook every morning before work and I decided to come home for lunch so that I can see them. I do not have any other reason, I just missed having them with me.

 

The incident that happened this afternoon is really challenging myself. I almost lost it. I almost kiss her when our face are merely centimetres apart. At that point, I feel like that is the right thing to do. To claim her lips and wrapped it with mine. Only god knows how strong the tension between us just now, or at least on my side. Luckily I did not do it if not I could have breach the trust she gave me. What have I gotten myself into?

 

I promised Ji Hyun that I will not fall in love again but I feel like I am betraying our love and breaking my promise to her. My heart starts to waiver. It starts to flutters whenever Shin Hye is around. My mind is occupied with Jae Wook and Shin Hye. Shin Hye especially. Could it be, I am falling in love with my own wife? What about Ji Hyun? I cannot take her out from my heart. I am confused.

 

(End of Chang Wook POV)

 

 

(Shin Hye POV)

 

I wake up when I heard Jae Wook loud cry. He never wailing this loud before and it worries me. It is 2 am in the morning. I get him from his crib and try to soothe him but he still cries. I check on his diaper but it is still dry. What could make him cry out loud? Is he hungry? I just fed him less than 2 hours ago. But I still try to feed him but he rejected it. He keeps crying and it is getting louder and I am getting panic. I check on his temperature bit it is normal. I carry him and sooth him hoping he will stop crying but failed. Then I hear someone knocking on my door.

 

“Shin Hye, is everything alright inside? Can I come in?”

 

“Nae oppa, the door is unlocked.” I feel slight relief when I saw my husband come to help. He is more knowledgeable in child care as compared to me.

 

“What happened?” he asked calmly.

 

I shake my head, “I don’t know suddenly he cried out loud and when I check the diaper it is still dry and his temperature is normal. I don’t know what happen, Oppa.” I told him looking clueless.

 

“Give him to me.” I pass our Jae Wook to him and he hold him gently. He put his hand on Jae Wook’s forehead to check on his temperature too. Then he tries to see any other indication to check if our boy is having fever but he seems fine. Then he slowly checks on the tummy by tapping it lightly with his fingers and he seems to know what is the cause he is crying. “He has upset stomach. Get me the baby eucalyptus oil.” He said as he put Jae Wook on the bed. I quickly get the oil and give it to him.

 

“Is he okay, oppa? How can he get upset stomach as I did not give him anything other than milk” Motherhood is still new to me and I will get panic if something happens to my son.

 

“Don’t worry, it is just colic and this is normal for babies. A lot of things can make them having upset stomach, not just by what they have. He doesn’t have diarrhea so it is not something severe.” He gently rubs Jae Wook’s belly with the oil and massage him. Jae Wook cries subsides a bit. Then, he lay Jae Wook across his lap face facing down and gently rubs his back. Slowly Jae Wook’s cries getting slower. “Can you pass me his blanket? The room might be cold that’s why he gets windy in his stomach.” He looks so calm as he explains to me. I don’t know is it because he is more matured or he has more experience but he is my great rescue whenever I do not know how to handle our baby.

 

He swaddles Jae Wook in the blanket and put him on his shoulder before he moves around patting his back trying to get him settled. Jae Wook cries stops and he looks so comfortable being held like that. Probably his appa’s broad shoulders is so comfy to be lean on. Who wouldn’t love to lean on that broad shoulders of his? I love the view I am watching now and I smile unknowingly. Chang Wook oppa is the opposite of me especially when it comes to child care. I easily got panic but he is the calm one. He guides me a lot as we go through this parenthood.

 

After Jae Wook has get back to sleep, he puts him on the bed next to me. “Let him sleep on his stomach tonight. Once in a while rub on his back to soothe him. I put the oil there, and if you think he still have colic put it on. If you are unsure, just call me. My room is unlock.” He said as he kisses our baby on top of his head before ruffling my hair softly which has become his habit before leaving my room.

 

“Oppa.” I called him and he turns around. I wanted to offer him to sleep in my room but the word seems not coming out. Not tonight. “Thank you and good night.”

 

“Good night.” He said as he exits my room with a smile plastered on his face.

 

(End of Shin Hye POV)

 

 

 

Its weekend and Chang Wook decided to take his family for an outing. Their first family outing. This is the first time he takes Shin Hye out after she gave birth. He let her get enough rest as he wanted her to be fully recovered. Now she is healed, it is the best time to take her out so that she can breathe the fresh air and enjoy herself.

 

Winter has arrived and the weather is getting colder. Chang Wook suggested for them to go to the mall rather than to the beach because it will be very cold for their little boy. Shin Hye agrees to it and they head to the Shinsegae Mall, Busan. The biggest mall in Asia. Since the mall is so big, they put baby Jae Wook inside the stroller to make it easier for them to roam around and it will be more comfortable for the baby too.

 

Their presence in the mall manage to get attentions of many, thanks to their great visuals. Chang Wook is already quite popular in Busan, whenever he is out and about, people will start to swarm the place within minutes. All this because of the fast technology where words in social media spread as fast as lightning. Now, since he gets married he thinks that his popularity will come down but it is not as what he thinks. In fact, he becomes more popular as people are dying to know how his wife looks like. So, when people starts to notice him going out with a pretty lady and a baby, they know that must be his family.

 

People who notice them starts to whisper and take out their phone to get shots of them. This makes Shin Hye feels uneasy. She keeps hiding her face by keep looking down or hiding behind him. Chang Wook notices that and he politely approaches those ‘paparazzis.’

 

“I’m sorry but I am having my family time here. Please do not take our photos. My wife is not comfortable with it. If you have taken it, please delete it and do not post it on social medias. I am fine with my photos but not my family. I want to keep their privacy.” He said it in a calm and gentleman manner and those people seems to listen to him and put their phones away.

 

“Thank you for your co-operation.” Shin Hye sigh in relief when no longer people taking her pictures. She felt safe when her husband tells those people to take down their phones. She is not a celebrity and she doesn’t like all this limelight.

 

“I do not know you are this popular, oppa. You almost like a celebrity.”

 

“I don’t like it either. But nothing can be done. People already know how do I look especially here in Busan. But don’t worry, I won’t let them exposed you and Jae Wook.” He told her as an assurance. When she told him, she doesn’t want to be known he forbids any reporter to attend their wedding. He only tells selected news portal about their wedding and give the wedding photo that he chose. So she can rest assured that her identity is safe.

 

“Do you have a social media that you have this much of fan?” she asks jokingly.

 

He shakes his head. “Nope. But apparently Yoo Jung tell me I have my own fan cafe manage by the ‘fan’ which me myself do not know how to log in into it.”

 

Though Chang Wook too does not like this popularity, but he can’t stop people to write about him because he comes from a well-known conglomerate family and people have known him from young. All he can do is try to manage his privacy as much as possible.

 

Shin Hye doesn’t have much winter clothes with her because when she left Seoul, she only brought few clothes so Chang Wook wants to buy it for her. He wants to shop for his little one too. They go from one shop to another to find the nicest clothes, jackets, sweaters, coats and boots for his wife. Shin Hye is surprise with the amount he spends to buy her all those clothes.

 

“Oppa, I think this is too much. You should stop buying for me. It’s not that I do not have clothes.”

 

But you have no winter clothing. Luckily, my mom bought you this coat and sweater last month.” He is right. She doesn’t bring any winter clothes when she came to Busan months ago. She didn’t think she needed it before because she is mostly stay inside the house, but he has good reason to buy her new clothes even though he kind of over spend.

 

After they are finish shopping for Shin Hye, they go to the baby stores to look for Jae Wook’s stuff. Both of them are getting excited looking at those cute stuffs inside the baby stores. Shin Hye try to control herself from not choosing too much clothes for Jae Wook as baby grows up fast but Chang Wook has different opinion. He can’t help from not buying all those cute clothes and sweaters for his little one. He said that babies need more clothes as they constantly need to be change as they will vomit or wet their clothes often. Shin Hye can’t argue much as he is the one paying.

 

“Oppa, don’t you think we buy too much clothes for Jae Wookie? Winter is only few months. He will outgrow all these next winter.” she told him after seeing all those shopping bags in his hands.

 

“It’s okay. We can keep it for his future dongsaengs.” Chang Wook can’t believe he slips those words to her and he feels bad. “Sorry. I mean, if he outgrows it, we can always donate or I can pass it to my cousins whoever having a new born soon.” Quickly he covers up for his mistake of words.

 

“You don’t have to be sorry for it. It’s not that you say something wrong.” she is not promising something to him but she wants to make it clear that it is not wrong for him to dream of having more family members.

 

“Don’t worry about him having too much clothes. There’s always we can ensure him get to wear all this.” He knows that Shin Hye not feeling good of him spending too much on them. But it is his intention to take them to shopping today and spend his money on them. He can afford all these and he is happy to buy things for the two important persons in his life.

 

After shopping, they go to one of

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter