I Want To Be Happy

HEALING LOVE ©
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

Their journey home is relatively quiet. It seems like when they first met where they hardly talk to each other. Chang Wook knows what bother Shin Hye. She’s quiet because she found out about who Ji Hyun is and it is not from him. She must be sad and mad.

 

“I am really sorry. I should have told you about Ji Hyun. You should know about her from me and not from someone else.” he apologized but Shin Hye still keeps quiet and only reply him with a nod.

 

“Please say something to me. Don’t keep quiet like this. Shout at me if you are angry.”

 

“I’m not mad. I just felt left out and like a fool that I don’t know about her and your past. But, I understand why you didn’t tell me. We are not that close that you can share our pasts comfortably. I didn’t told you much about my ex either.” her answer is calm and hardly be heard but it is like a slap on Chang Wook’s face. He knew that he needs to settle and talk about it in an instant. He can’t let things unsettled between them. So he pulls off his car by the road side.

 

“Why are we stopping?” Shin Hye asked when she see that he stop the car in the middle of nowhere.

 

“Let’s talk about it. I want us to settle this.” he turns to Shin hye. “I’m sorry, it’s my fault. I thought that if I keep it to myself it will be better for you. I know I am selfish and you deserved to know who she was. To know my past because you are my wife. Now, ask me everything you want to know.”

 

“You tell me what do you want me to know.” her answer left Chang Wook startled again. There’s a disappointment in her voice. She answered with her soft voice but it somehow hit you right at the spot.

“I am so sorry. Chincha mihane. Ok, let me tell you everything. As you know, her name is Ji Hyun. Nam Ji Hyun and she was my girlfriend. We were college sweethearts and we love each other so much. Then I got a scholarship to study abroad. I really want to study there. It is my dream, so I took the scholarship. We were in good terms when I flew but suddenly I heard from her less often. Then out of a sudden she didn’t contact me at all and I cant reach her. Little that I know…that she…she…she was no longer in the world.” he stop explaining for a while and wipe his tears.

 

“If it is hard for you to go on. You don’t have to.” Shin Hye feel a bit guilty asking him to tell her of Ji Hyun but instead of stopping, he continues.

 

“When I came back from my break, they told me she went back to her hometown. So, I come here, in Busan. I went to her parents house only to be chased out. Only then I know she was pregnant with my baby when I left for Dublin and…and…she…died when she wanted to get an abortion as she thought I left her.” his tears fell down uncontrollably.

 

Talking about Ji hyun and his past is like opening up the old wound he tried to bury in his heart. Looking at him, Shin Hye feels bad for asking. Now, she understands why he choose not to tell about Ji Hyun. It’s painful for him still. She takes his hand and gently it. “Go on. Cry and let it out. No one is watching.” he pulls him and give him a crying shoulder. “I’m sorry, oppa. I don’t know it is so hard for you. I should have not ask….”

 

Chang Wook stops Shin Hye mid sentence. “No, you are not at fault. Even it is hard, I should tell you who she was. You have the right to know as my wife. I am so so sorry not telling you sooner and you need to know from someone else.”

 

“It must be hard for you still as separation os always hard. Even when the person is breathing, it is still painful. What more if they are no longer around. I know you missed her a lot especially today. And I have to cut your time with her just to ask you to go to the prenatal class with me. I won’t do it if I know. I’m sorry.”

“Stop saying sorry because you are not at fault. I need to be at the class with you. After today, I will try my best not to hide anything from you. Either my past or my present.” he ensuring her with his words.

 

“I am not forcing you to do so. If it is hard, you have the right not to tell me. I understand.” Shin Hye trying to be positive and understanding.

 

“Thank you. I think we should stop talking about Ji Hyun, ok?” ChangWook did not want to prolong to talk about his past. “Now, tell me where do you want to go? Or anything you want to have?”

 

“You must be missing to do things that Ji Hyun ssi likes right? Since it is her birthday today, why don’t we do things she likes.”

 

Chang Wook is shocked hearing what comes from . He do not want to talk about Ji Hyun but Shin Hye is insisting something unusual.

 

“Shin Hye…ah. I don’t think is a good idea.”

 

“Please, there must be something that you really want to do with her but couldn’t. Let’s do it. That’s the least I can do for replacing her place.” she insisted.

 

Chang Wook cupped her face and look at her softly. “Listen to me. First of all you are not replacing anybody’s place. Secondly, I know you have kind intention but I do not want to do things or go somewhere that is not to your likings. I do not want you to do things for someone else’s sake. When I am with you, I want to do things that you like and go to a place that you want to go. Yes, today is Ji Hyun’s birthday and there are things that I missed doing it with her but the one I am with now is you. I don’t think it is fair for you to do things that she likes just because of me. She is my past, and you are my present.” Even though he still love his ex girlfriend but he needs to be fair to his wife.

His words makes Shin Hye weeps in tears. She wanted to makes him happy but he wants her not to be hurt instead. “Are you sure you are not mad at me for ruining your usual plan for today?” she asked again as she is worried.

 

“How many times I told you. It is not your fault. It is just a coincidence that your pre natal class is today. No matter what day today is, I will not let you go to the prenatal class alone. I am your husband and the father, I need to be next to you and learn together. Having a baby is a teamwork is not your job alone. Stop feeling guilty.” he wipes her tears away using his thumbs as he caress her face. “Now tell me, what do you want to do?”

 

“I don’t know, you can ask Sunshine.” she responded.

 

Chang Wook lower down his head to her belly and slowly talking to Sunshine. “Where do you want to go, baby?” he asked then he put his ear near the belly. “What? You want ice cream? Then, let’s go and get ice cream. Appa wants ice creams too.” Shin Hye can only laugh at his childish act talking to their baby. After he has composed himself, he starts back the ignition and drives off.

 

 

Chang Wook is finalizing his patients reports when he got a call from his youngest sister, Yoo Jung. She seldom calls him but when she does it must be for two things. She wants something from him or she wants him to buy her something. Being the only girl in the family, neither him or his brother can say no to her. She has this charm to make people listen to her and agree to her commands. That’s their maknae. Their baby girl.

 

“Yeoboseyo.” he answered.

“Yeoboseyo. Oppa? Na ya.” the girl on the other line greets happily.

“Nae, Yoo Jung ah.”

“Oppa, I want to go for a long trip to Busan. Eomma and Appa has allowed me to and I want to stay at your place, ok.” she is in between telling him and asking for permission.

“Are you asking me for my permission to stay or are you notifying me?” he asked.

“Telling you. I will be arriving tomorrow. Pick me up at Busan station ok. 6 pm.”

“Are you coming alone?”

“Yes. I want to spend my holidays there. I miss Haundae Beach. See you tomorrow, oppa. Bye.” she hangs up even before Chang Wook can ask any further. He just laughs at her sister’s antique, Meanwhile, he jot down on his desk planner that he needs to pick her up tomorrow evening.

 

Before he forgets, he quickly call home and tell ahjumma that Yoo Jung will be coming tomorrow and ask the helper to prepare the guest room. Then suddenly he remembered about Shin Hye. Yoo Jung love to stay in the room next to Shin Hye’s. If she found out that Shin Hye is not sleeping a room with him that will be a disaster because definitely his mom will found out too. So, he decided to call Shin Hye and explains to her that Yoo Jung is coming and she needs to move in to his bedroom for the meantime. Luckily Shin Hye understands his situation and agree to move her stuff to his room because of the surprise visit. Later that night, he helps to move Shin Hye’s stuffs to his room. They left the baby stuffs behind so that they can cover up and say that room will be their baby’s nursery.

 

 

The next evening, Chang Wook go to Busan Station with Shin Hye to fetch his sister. As scheduled, sharp at 6 pm, the KTX train from Seoul arrived. Chang Wook waits for her at the main entrance and in 15 minutes, he saw a familiar tiny figure. She brought 1 big suitcase with her with additional a large backpack.

 

“Oppa!!!. Eonnie!!!” she waved as she saw them.

“Ya, Ji Yoo Jung. Are you moving in with us?” he asked the moment he saw the amount of things her sister brings.

She smile sheepishly. “It’s going to be a long stay. Two months or maybe three months. I have nothing to do at home and I need a new place to write my blog.”

 

Yoo Jung writes lifestyle blog during her free time and she has quite a number of readers whi follows her blog. Chang Wook never reads her blog but he knows that she is quite popular especially among teens her age. She just finish school earlier this year and she suppose to go to college but she said she wants to take a break for study for a while and only will apply for college on next Spring semester. And to Chang Wook and his brothers surprised, their parents are okay when she suggest that. The treatment for a daughter is really different. So now, she fills her time with writing blog and attending events to put up on her social blog.

 

“Eonnie. You look good.” Yoo Jung runs ti Shin Hye and hug her. “Omo…omo… your baby is growing bigger too. It’s a boy right?”

Shin Hye nods, “Yes, you are going to have another nephew. How are you, Yoo Jungie?”

“I’m fine. Can’t wait to spend my holidays here with you, eonnie.” You can take me around right?

“Of course.”

“Shall we go now?” Chang Wook asked the two ladies in front of him.

Yoo Jung nods and continue to walk with Shin Hye leaving Chang Wook behind with her luggage.

 

“Oh my gosh, Ji Yoo Jung. What did you bring? It is so heavy.”

“Some of it is your stuffs, oppa.” she answered non chalantly and continue walking by Shin Hye’s side.

 

They straight away takes Yoo Jung home because ahjumma already prepared delicious dinner for them. Yoo Jung is excited when she see ahjumma cooks all her favourite foods. Ddakgalbi, dwenjang jjigae and vegetable tempura. Because of she is so hungry and has not taste ahjumma food for months, she eats in gusto and even refill her rice twice.

After dinner, ahjumma and Shin Hye helps her to unpack her stuffs in her room. Then Yoo Jung take out a big box from her suitcase.

 

“Eonnie, this is your wedding photo albums. The photographer sends it to our house last week and eomma ask me to bring it over and give it to you and Chang Wook oppa.” Yoo Jung said as she put the box on the bed.

“Let’s see the photos later and ask your oppa to join.” ahjumma told Yoo Jung and the later makes weird face.

“As if he wants. You know what type of person he is ahjumma.”

“Maybe he changed, who knows.”

 

After they have finished helping Yoo Jung unpacked, all of them gathers at the family area to view the wedding photos of Chang Wook & Shin Hye. To Yoo Jung surprises, her brother agrees to join them viewing the photos with singlw invitation. He immediately say yes without having her to make excuses. There are two big photo albums of print photos and an external hard drive that stores all the softcopies and videos.

 

“Eomma framed some of the photos and she said she will courier the large frames to you guys later and she said make sure you hang those photos inside the house. She will come down to check.” they all laugh when Yoo Jung said that as they can already imagine the way their mom will tell them off.

 

His mother framed 5 photos altogether in a standard 4R photo size. Three of it are the picture of him and Shin Hye together. One is when they are walking to the altar, one is when they are saying their vows and the other is when they were having their couple dance. The other two photos are their respective solo photos.

 

Ahjumma can’t stop praising Shin Hye looks so pretty in pictures and how handsome Chang Wook is as a groom. Yoo Jung also can’t get her eyes off her sister in law’s photos.  While browsing, she keeps hearing her brother said ‘yeppeo’. Though it sounds as if he is talking to himself since she is next to him, she can hear it loud and clear. She also notices that he steals glances of his wife several times secretly. Yoo Jung just smile looking at her brother who is definitely in love with his wife (or as she thought so).

 

 

“Thanks Shin Hye for understanding.” he said as he placed her clothes and stuffs inside the closet. He vacant one side of the wardrobe for her.

“It’s not a big deal. We are in this together.” she said as she helps him unpack her belongings.

“You sleep on the bed. I’ll sleep on the sofa.” he said and Shin Hye refuses.

“It’s ok, oppa. I will sleep on the sofa. This is your room and you should sleep on the bed.”

“No way. You will be uncomfortable. She is not staying here for two days. I don’t want you to suffer because of not having a proper sleep. Besides, I want my baby to sleep on the bed. End of discussion.” he insisted and Shin Hye obeys. “Go and wash up first.” he said as he hands her a clean towel. Shin Hye takes it with a pair of pyjamas and make her way to the bathroom to wash up.

 

Meanwhile, Chang Wook takes those photo frames of their wedding pictures and put one of it on his desk. He chose the photo they walk to the altar. He asked Shin Hye if he can keep her solo photo because he wants to put it in his office and she allows it. They already put one photo on the shelf at the living room and the other two he asks Shin Hye to keep it.

 

After Shin Hye finish washing up, it is Chang Wook’s turn. When he is done, he saw Shin Hye already getting ready to sleep. She is reading something on her phone while lying down. “Getting ready to sleep?” he asked and she nods. “Good night, then.” he said as he smiles and make his way to the sofa. Shin Hye already put a blanket and pillows on the sofa.

“Good night, oppa.” she said and turn off the bed side lamp and prepare to sleep.

 

 

 

It has been three weeks since Min Ho last seen Elijah. The last time he met her is before he went to Gangneung for shooting. When he returned three days after, he never saw her again. He couldn’t even reach her on her phone. Nevertheless, he still comes to the bar every night in in hoping to meet her again. He has been drinking for more than an hour but no sign that she is coming. Then, the bartender hand in an envelope to him. It has his name on it. It looks like a letter.

 

“What’s this?” he asked.

 

“The woman who always drinks with you came by this evening and she asked me to give you that.” the usual bartender who always serves him & Elijah said as he hands in the letter.

 

He opens it and the letter is address to him. It reads:

 

 

To my dear fri

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter