Confession

HEALING LOVE ©
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

As compared to Seoul, Busan always received lesser snow as it is by the seaside. But today is exceptional. Like a miracle in December, less than an hour before midnight, before turning into the new year, Busan received its first snow fall for the year. This magical event makes Busan people excited. Shin Hye and Chang Wook included. For him, it is like a good sign from the above as it happens on the day he plans to confess his feelings for her and move on. For her, she hopes it is also a sign for her to have a better life in the new year. She wants to be happy.

 

Chang Wook is looking at his wife who is playing with the snow in front of him. She still has the childlike innocence in her which makes her more special to him. He loves the wide smile that is plastered on her face, he loves how her eyes becomes slightly slanting at the end as she smiles, he loves to see showcasing her white teeth as she laughs. He loves to see her happy and he hopes one of the reason she is happy is him. The innocence beauty of both Shin Hye and the snow makes him firm of his current feelings. He is falling in love with his wife and he is so sure about it. ‘People say first snow is like first love. Something that you will always remember. But to me, first snow is like falling in love. You will never know when it will come but when it comes, it is a beautiful feeling that you will never forget.’

 

As he is enjoying watching her playing and dancing in the snow, day dreaming of the beautiful life he wishes to have with her, he is taken back to reality when she called him. “Oppa! Don’t just sit there and come and join me.” She signals her hand calling him and he is more than happy to join her. He gets up and walk to her and together both of them enjoying the snow fall like young kids.

 

“The snow is beautiful, we should not just sit around. We have to stand in the snow to appreciate its beauty.” She said excitedly as she flattens her hands catching the snowflakes that come down from the sky.

 

He turns to her and asks gently. “You really love snow?”

She nods. “Most of my time growing up is in Okinawa. It does not snow down there as the climate is more sub temperate. So when I came back to Seoul, I am really excited to see snow again. It reminds me of my childhood years. During that time, whenever it snows I will go out and build a snow man with my parents. It’s one of the best memory I have about them. I believe that is why until now whenever I see snow falls, I will behave like a child.” Her eyes glitters as she told about why she loves snow. Though there is solemn in her voice as it reminds her of her dead parents but snow reminded her of the beautiful memory she shared with them. “I hope I am not embarrassing you.”

 

He looks at her with questionable look. “Why should I be embarrassed?”

 

“You know, because I am behaving like a child.” She makes a cute face to him which makes him laugh.

 

Suddenly she throws a small snow ball to him and it hit right at his face. He is shocked and when he opens his eyes, she is already running away from him and Chang Wook chase after her. They run around with Chang Wook chasing Shin Hye and twirl their bodies around try to feel the snow on each part of their bodies. They stop running for a while to catch some air. Running in cold with full stomach is not a good combination.

 

“Do you know what oppa, snow reminds me a lot about you.” She said as she turns to face her husband and smile at him.

 

Chang Wook raise her eye brow trying to figure out what she means by that. He brushed the snow that is already pile up on her hair. “Why is that? I don’t think I am fair like snow white. Am I?”

 

Shin Hye laughs at his remarks. After being married and staying with him for months, she already knows what type of jokes he can make. He might not be a man with full sense of humour, but she still finds his joke funny at least to her. “Your kindness that reminds me of the snow. They said, kindness is like the snow. It beautifies everything it covers and you are a man that has the kindest heart. That is why when I see snow, it reminds me of you.” She smiles sweetly at him.

 

Chang Wook feels flattered of her statement. Hardly anyone ever praising him and hearing it from his wife is more meaningful. It just makes him confirm of his feelings and wants to keep her as his wife. “Thank you, wife. I’m flattered.” He looks at her with deep gaze that makes her shy.

 

She quickly moves away from him to avoid the quite awkward moment. “Let’s build snow man. Or any snow creatures.” She said and try to bend down to collect snow.

 

As she is about to move she almost slip and Chang Wook manages to catch her on time. He pulls her up and hold her in his arms. He is embracing her in his arms and their face are only inches away. He gazes her eyes deeply and his heart pounding fast. “Do you think we can be more than just friends, Shin Hye?” Shin Hye is startled to the question and trying to look away from him but failed to do so. As the snows falls on them, it has reached midnight and the fireworks too splashing in the background. The whole scene itself is very beautiful.

 

She tries to divert the meaning of his question. She pretends that she does not understand the real meaning of Chang Wook’s question. “What do you mean to be more than friends? We are already more than friends are we? We are married couple.” She tries to free herself from him but to no avail.

 

Chang Wook keeps holding her still in his arms and does not take his deep gazes away from her. “I love you, Park Shin Hye. I am falling in love with you and I just can’t keep it to myself anymore. I love you.” He lets out a long sigh after he said that 3 magical words.

 

He continues looking at his wife lovingly and gulp his saliva before continues, “You might think that this is so sudden but actually it’s not. I don’t know when it’s started but these past few months is a challenge for me. You keep coming in my mind and I always have the desire to have you, to make you mine. I fought hard with myself trying to push it away, to deny this feeling but I failed. I surrendered, by the time I realized it I am already falling deeply for you.”

 

He caresses her face gently from the top of her head, down to her cheeks and end at her chin before lifting it up so she can meet his gaze, he takes his hands down and hold both of her hands in his “I miss having you around me, I miss seeing you the first thing in the morning and seeing you before I close my eyes to sleep. I miss your scent, I miss your voice, I miss everything about you when you are not around. I become greedy and selfish when things involving you. I am proud to call you my wife. I am proud to be able to call you mine even though I do not really own you. There are so much more about you that I love that I don’t think I can explain in a day. Every day my love for you becomes stronger and I decided to tell you the truth. I know this is very selfish of me, but can you please open up your heart for me? Let’s be a real husband and wife who love each other. Saranghae, my wife.”

 

Shin Hye cried at his confession. His confession is so sincere and Shin Hye knows he means it from his heart and his last words just full of hope but she just cannot reply his feelings now and she feels really bad for it. “Thank you for loving me oppa. I know you mean each and every word of it but..but…I am sorry. I can’t reply to your feelings now. Not yet. Mihane… chincha mihane.” She lowers down her head and cries harder. The last thing she wants to do is to hurt him what more on a special day like today. But, she cannot lie to him either.

 

She forces herself to look up at him. She looks at his eyes with solemn face. “It’s not your fault oppa. It’s me. You are such a nice person. You are so kind that I cannot imagine I can find anyone more kind than you. I wish I can love you back, but I do not want to give you false hope.” Her tears fall down non-stop like rain. As heavy as the snow falls, that’s how heavy she cries.

 

“I have yet to let go of my old feelings. I have yet to let go of him who hurt me. I still do not know where my heart lies. I do not know what my heart wants. I do not want to make rush decision before I am confirming what my heart desires. The last thing I want to do is hurting you. You are such a nice person oppa, and I can’t forgive myself if in the end I will hurt you. Even right now, I hate myself for not being able to accept you. To accept your love for me. After what happened between me and my ex, I learn of few things. Do not make rush decision without thinking and not making promises when you are unsure of the outcome. That is why I do not want to give you the answer before me myself know what the answer is. Sorry. I am truly sorry. Mihane oppa.” Her face is now being wet by her tears and her eyes are reddening.

 

Chang Wook pulls her into his embrace and pats her back gently. “It’s okay. I understand. It is my fault for rushing things. You must be so shock and not ready when I suddenly said this. I am sorry for not considering about your heart. For not considering that you might not ready yet. Don’t take it on yourself. I am at fault too.” He tells her in calmly manner even though he is aching inside too. He has to admit that when he asked her to give the same answer as his, he does not think about her feelings. As much as he wants her to accept him but seeing her crying because of him hurts him more. He does not want to be the reason she cries. He wants to be the reason she smiles.

 

He takes her out of his embrace and hold the sides of her arms. He lifted his chin so that she can face him. He wipes her tears away using both of his thumbs. “Don’t worry. I am not forcing you to give me the answer now. I know you need time. I should have check whether you have move on or not. Take as much time as you need. Now don’t cry. Don’t shed the tears for a guy like me.” He said selflessly.

 

That what makes Shin Hye feels guiltier. Even in this situation, he puts her happiness and her feelings first before his. How selfless can this man be? Shin Hye hate herself for not being able to be firm of her heart. For not being able to control it. “I have yet to learn to let go of him. To let go of my past. I need time, Oppa. If you can give me time to let go and move on, if you can give me your time to wait. I will try my best to return your feelings. But, I can’t promise it when. I can’t even promise it will happen. I wish I have the answer now. I am confused still.” She wipes her tears away and force herself to smile.

 

He gives her an assuring look that he is okay though Shin Hye can tell how hurt he is. “I will wait no matter how long. Be it one week, one month, one year or 10 years. I will wait. I will forever be your husband and Jae Wook’s appa as long as you allowed me to. I will never leave your side. If one day, you can love me back I will be the happiest person. But if it turns out to be otherwise, I will cherish each and every moment I share with you.” He takes his handkerchief and wipe all the tears on her pretty face. “I hate to see these tears on your pretty face. This face of yours should be only has smiles on it.”

 

“You are a very special person to me, Oppa. I can’t explain it but you own a special place in my heart that no one can ever takes that away. No one can ever replace you in my heart. You are so dear to me. I want you to know that.” She sniffs away the sadness and smile at him sincerely. “I love what we are sharing now. To me, we are not just friends. We are more than that. Our bond is special and unique. I hope in time it will become more special for both of us and our son too.” She hugs him tight and leans her head on his chest. She wants him to know that even if she can’t return his heart now but she is still somehow belonging to him.

 

He wraps his arms around her petite body and tighten his hug. He kissed the top of her head with full of love and longing. He doesn’t know when else can he has her in his arms like this so he cherishes the moment. She definitely not ready to move on yet. She still has unresolved issues and he feels bad for asking her to accept him. He will wait for her patiently and love her in his own way. He won’t give up. “I have a request to ask from you.” He said.

 

Shin Hye release her hug and look at him in the eyes. “What is it? I will try to grant it.”

 

“I know I cannot force you to accept me and love me back but please allow me to keep winning your heart. Don’t push me away if I take one step closer to you. Just stay where you are but please do not take a step backwards. I won’t be aggressive, I promise.” His eyes begin to water as he speaks. “Please let me be able to love you. Even if you don’t like it, just pretend like you do because loving you is my right. Don’t take that away from me.” Finally, the tears he tries to stop all the while, falls down. “I beg you.” He takes her hands and brings it close to his chest.

 

This is the first time Shin Hye see him crying like that and she is the reason. She hates the fact but it will be crueller if she accepts her now and has the possibility to break his heart later on. The least she can do now is allowing him to love her and not pushing him away. He has every right to do so, as a man and as her husband. Seeing the calm man who she always finds her support on becomes vulnerable like that breaks her heart and she too breaking down in tears again. “I allow you to do what you want, oppa. You have the rights.” She wipes his tears away with her small hands as she said that. Both of them are forcing a happy smile on their face even though their heart is painful at the time.

 

The fireworks show still going on continuously around Gwangali and Haeundae area, though it is supposed to be a bright, colourful and happy event to welcome the new year but a couple just finish a painful confession. It is not a sad ending but it is not a happy ending either. “I am half an hour late, but Happy New Year to you my wife. If last year is the year that makes you cry, I hope this year will be a year that makes you smile. You have such a beautiful smile, do not loose that.” He wishes her sincerely without losing the smile on his face.

 

She keeps smiling at him to show him that she is okay and strong enough. She does not want to makes him worry of her. “Happy New Year too, husband. May this year will be a happy year for you too.” Together, they turn to look at the spectacular fireworks that lit up the night sky of Busan while praying that their dreams will be answered one fine day. They are enjoying the magnificent fireworks though they are crying inside.

 

It may be sad to be rejected, but Chang Wook decided not to give up and will try to help Shin Hye forgets about her past and opens up for him. That’s his determination for this new year. As for Shin Hye, she hopes she will be able to move on and forgets about what Min Ho did to her.

 

 

 

 

Shin Hye has been tossing around her body on the bed. It’s only 6 am but she already wide awake. Well, actually she had a hard time to sleep after what happened last night. She has received one of the most touching and honest confession any woman would ever wish for but she turned it down. Worst is, the guy who confessed is her husband. The one who had saved her months ago. She rejected him not because she does not like him but she thinks he is too good for her. She cannot accept him when she is in dilemma and unsure where her heart is. In times like this, she really wishes So Eun is right next to her. She needs her best friend to tell her what to do. She looks at the clock and it is still early so she decided to go out and get some fresh air. Jae Wook is sleeping with ahjumma last night since the comeback late.

 

She sits at the verandah and looking at the beach and yacht deck. Everything is covered in white since it snows last night. It’s very rare view of Busan but it’s very beautiful. The cold breeze helps to relax a little bit. She stays outside for an hour before finally she decided to text So Eun.

 

I need to talk to you. Reply to me when you are free and I will call you.

 

To her surprise, So Eun called her almost right away.

 

“Yoboseyo”

 

“Shin Hye ah, what’s wrong?” that’s the first word So Eun asked the moment she picks up the phone call.

 

“Are you free to talk? I think it’s going to take a while.” Shin Hye moves back inside and walk to her room. She closed the door behind her and lock it to avoid being disturbed. “I am not disturbing you?”

 

“No. I just woke up and saw your message. Jae Rim oppa is still sleeping so I can listen to you. What’s up chingu?” So Eun can tell from the other line that Shin Hye really needs her that’s why she called her right away after receiving the text message.

 

“So Eun ah. Chang Wook oppa confessed to me last night that he loves me.” she starts off.

 

“Chincha???? OMG, congratulations Shin.” suddenly So Eun sounds excited of what Shin Hye told her.

 

She sighs when she heard So Eun cheering for her. It is a good response if she accepted him but she did otherwise. “But, I turn him down.” she replied in a low voice.

 

“What??? Waeyo?” So Eun’s get a second shock when she heard what her best friend just said. “Is it a bad confession?”

 

Shin Hye shakes her head as if her friend can see her reaction. “No, it’s a beautiful confession. A sincere one.”

 

“Then why do you reject it?”

 

“I… I don’t think I am ready.” she told So Eun.

 

“Seolma… Do you still love Min Ho?” So Eun asks her directly. Only she can confront Shin Hye that way as she knows her well.

 

“I don’t know. I don’t want to think about Min Ho anymore but somehow it’s not that easy to let him go especially when I have Jae Wook. He looks so much like him that I will reminded of him when I see my son. Ottokae?” she begins to cry.

 

Hearing her sobbing on the other line, So Eun soften her tone. “Tell me honestly, do you still love Min Ho? Are you still hoping that you

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter