Parents Knows Best

HEALING LOVE ©
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

It has been three days since Min Ho got that bad dream but he keeps being reminded by it. His mind keep thinking what could the meaning of the dream till it affected his concentration in acting. The dream really bothers him. Min Ho knows that it is about time he shares about it with someone. Whenever he is facing a problem, Min Ho will keep it t himself for few days and try to settle it on his own. But, if it can’t be settle he will share about his problem to two closest persons to him. His manager and also his stylist. So, that day after he finished his schedule, he asks his manager to hang out and have some beer at home.

 

“Hyung, I want to tell you something.” He started of the conversation after some light talks.

 

“What is it?” Dong Chul is like a big brother to Min Ho so he will listen to him if he wants to talk or tell him something.

 

“Last three days, I dreamed about Shin Hye. The dream seems so real that I can’t get it out of my head.”

 

“What is the dream regarding about that you can’t forget about it?” Dong Chul asks.

 

“I dreamed that she is kidnapped by a group of mask men because I go against my company’s wish and those men blackmailed me that if I want her to be safe, I need to leave and break up with her. Not only that, in that dream also, I saw her gave birth and the baby is taken away from her. She was crying for her baby and promised to leave me as long as her baby is safe. I woke up after she screamed for her baby.” Min Ho explains.

 

“It was just a dream. Did you think about her a lot lately?” he nods to Dong Chul question.

 

“I think that is the reason you get that dream.” Dong Chul said non-chalantly.”

 

“But Hyung…… the dream feels so vivid. I do not know how to explain. Her screams, her cries all feels real. And when she pleads that she’ll leave me as long as her baby is safe keeps ringing in my ears.” He continues.

 

“Maybe because you hate the company’s policy of not allowing you to date and be in relationship, hence you are having a bad dream of them blackmailing you using Shin Hye as she is someone important to you.” Dong Chul gives opinion but seems like Min Ho did not agree on it 100%.

 

“I don’t know hyung but, I don’t think that is the only reason I got that bad dream. I have been hating the company policy since day one but why now am I having this dream?” he still puzzles by the meaning of the dream.

 

“I think you are thinking too much about it. That’s why you are disturbed. Why don’t you just stop thinking about it and let it go.” Dong Chul advices.

 

Min Ho only nods to Dong Chul. He did not understand how he feels about the dream as it didn’t happen to him. Min Ho can’t blame him or force him to know how he feels. He will seek for second opinion to someone else. To someone who is more sensitive on this matter. The next day, he has a chat with his stylist Yoona while preparing for his shooting.

 

“Yoona-ya, do you believe in dreams?” he started off the conversation.

 

“What do you mean, oppa? Can you explain more?” Yoona said as she starts her duty to put make up on him.

 

“You know, like if you dream about something, you believe that it has some meaning to it. Or something had happened or could happen.” he explains.

 

“Hmm….. not sure. I don’t think I completely believe in dreams 100% but it doesn’t mean I did not believe it has any meaning too. Why did you ask this, oppa?” she asked and Min Ho explains his dream to his stylist in detail.

 

“So, what do you think the dream could mean?” he asks her.

 

“Well, I am not sure if this is true or not; but people always said that if we dream of something, an opposite will occur. Especially bad dreams. For example, if we dream of we are loosing things, normally in real life we actually will gain something. It never occurred to me but that is what I heard the most.” she told him what she knew about dreams.

 

“Really? Dreams also could mean the opposite? What do you think my dream could mean then?” he asked her again.

 

“Meolla.. I am not good with dream’s interpretation. I think you missed her so much that is why you dream about her. I always dream that my mom is still around every time I misses her.” Yoona’s mother passed away when she’s young. That is why she works at an early age to help her family.

 

“I always misses her but why only this time I dream about her and it is not a good dream. It is a scary one.” he looks really affected by the dream that Yoona felt pity for him. She has been working for him since debut and witness how in most of the time he is not happy being in the industry but he stays as he loves acting so much that he can’t give it up.

 

“If you are really disturbed, why don’t you go and meet a professional. Someone who is good at interpreting dreams.” Yoona suggested a solution for him.

 

“There are person who can interpret dreams?”

 

“I heard there is. You can search on the internet. I think you better go to the professional ones rather than to shaman.” Yoona tells him further.

 

“Arasso. Gomawo Yoona-ya.” Min Ho is determine to look for a professional to help him with his dream. “By the way Yoona, are you still the fan club member of the Eligible Bachelor who get married few months ago? He knows Yoona is a diehard fan of Shin Hye’s husband, the hot doctor.

 

“You mean Dr Ji Chang Wook?” Min Ho nods when she blurts out his name.

 

“Yes. Why?”

 

“Any news about him recently? I haven’t heard you gather with your friends talking about him.” Min Ho tries not to sound he is digging for info.

 

“Hmmm not much update about him in fan cafe lately especially after he got married. But, last 2 days someone posted that she saw Dr Ji Chang Wook and his wife with a baby at the hospital. She is quite confident that his wife has given birth but there is no official news or anything.” she replied non-chalantly not knowing the said woman is Min Ho’s girlfriend.

 

“So the baby has born?” he asked again.

 

“Most of us think yes. Because during the wedding she is already 4 to 5 months pregnant and if you calculate, it is about time she gave birth.” Yoona continues.

 

Min Ho just nods listening to her. He is not shocked but deep down he is quite angry. The happiness supposed to be his. He is mad at her for cheating on him but he despises the man more for taking her away from him and using ‘dirty trick’ to get her. To Min Ho getting a girl impregnated to get her is a dirty trick. ‘Could it be the dream is connected with what happen to Shin Hye?’ he thought to himself.

 

 

 

(Busan)

 

10.30 PM. Chang Wook is standing outside the nursery looking at his son and few other newborns inside. Watching the innocent lives who are merely days old are therapeutic. Even before, whenever he stressed out with work, he will visit the nursery from time to time and look at the cute babies and it does help him in reducing his stress.

 

Shin Hye is already sleeping and he asked the nurse to take their baby to the nursery to give chance for Shin Hye to fully rest. They have been receiving endless guests for these past few days and Shin Hye barely can take a nap during the day. She is tired that is why he wants his wife to get enough rest at night.

 

His manly heart melts every time he sees that chubby face of their little one. It makes him forgot that he is not biologically his. If only DNA can be transferred and altered, he will do it to make him his. Seeing the baby grows inside Shin Hye and being by her side all the time makes him feels like Sunshine is his real son. He loves him just like his own.

 

‘I know this is bad, but I want to make you mine. Fully mine, ottokae?’ he talks to himself. ‘Is your real father looking for you and your eomma?’ he continues.

 

As of late, Chang Wook has become a bit greedy especially when it comes to Shin Hye and the baby. Since he is the legal husband and guardian to them, he wants to keep that status forever. He knows it is wrong but he wishes that the real father will never come to get them back from him. He let out a long sigh, he never thought that he can be this selfish but it can’t be help. He already cares too much about them and loves the baby so much. They are his family and he doesn’t want to give them away to anyone.

 

Ji Jin Hee comes back to the hospital after sending his wife at Chang Wook’s penthouse because she left her purse inside Shin Hye’s ward. He decided to stop by the at the nursery since it is on the way to the ward. And to be honest, he already missing his new born grandson. When he arrived hear the nursery, he notices a familiar figure standing outside the nursery and he knows in an instant that silhouette belongs to his son. He looks like he is talking to his little one from outside while gently hitting the glass window with his index finger. Looking at him now, it brings back his memory more than 30 years ago when Chang Min was born.

 

He looks just like how his son looks right now. Happy, unsure and scared. Happy with the birth of the baby, unsure of whether the decision made is the right one or not and scared of loosing both the baby and wife if the real father appears one day. Chang Wook case maybe a bit different but for him Kim Sung Ryung is his first love. He likes her since she was in school. It is love at first sight for him. That is why he stays with her even when she cheated on him. When he found out that the boyfriend dumped his wife and left, he decided to protect her at all cost. He is lucky when his wife eventually accepted him and love him back. That is why he is scared of ‘what if one day, the guy return and wanted to claim his baby and his wife back?’ Of course he can’t let them go because he loves them so much. He already accepted Chang Min as his the moment he heard his heart beat for the first time. He knows he is being selfish but he doesn’t care. He gets confused. The fear of loosing the baby to the biological father is real. He knows the agony of it. He prayed every day for the guy will never showed up in front of them and Chang Min will never know his birth secret. He knows Chang Wook is facing the same dilemma as he was before.

 

He walks to his son after watching him for quite a while. “Can’t take your eyes off your baby?” he asked when he is standing next to him.

 

Chang Wook is shocked when suddenly his father is right next to him. “Appa! I thought you already went home with Eomma?” Chang Wook asked him surprised.

 

“Your Eomma left her purse inside the ward, so I came back to pick it up for her.” he told his son the reason he makes a detour back to the hospital.

 

“You could have just call me and I can keep it for Eomma.”

 

“Gwenchana. This hospital is not that far from your house anyway. Besides, I can meet my grandson once again and wish him good night.” he said as he smiles like a fool looking at Sunshine who is inside the nursery. “I saw you seems like in deep thoughts. Mind tell me what is it?” he sounds concern. As a father, he hopes he can be someone his son will share his problem with. Just like how he used to be before during his teen years.

 

“Genyang… , I am just thinking if I am doing the right thing.” he let out his thoughts and didn’t realized what he blurts out from his mouth.

 

“You mean about making Sunshine your son?” Chang Wook is shocked when his father asked about it. So, his father knows about Sunshine.

 

“Hhh…how did you know ab…about it, appa?” he stutters.

 

“Parents always know, Son.” he smiles at him while patting his shoulder to tell him he is okay with it.

 

“Since when did you know? Eomma? Did she know too?” he looks like a confused child on his old man’s eye.

 

“I knew it from the start. I knew that you saved Shin Hye from suicide and helped her by let her staying with you. I knew that you marry her because you fell pity of her baby. You want to give this child a family. I told your mother on the day you brought Shin Hye home and told us you want to marry her. Your mother noticed that the two of you are hiding something, so I revealed everything to her.” Ji Jin Hee told Chang Wook that he knew about Shin Hye and him all along.

 

“If you already knew, why didn’t you stop me when I said I want to marry her?” More than being surprised that his father knew about his real relationship with Shin Hye, he is more curious why his father did not stop him from marrying her.

 

“Because I believe you have your own reasons why you wanted to do so. I think your mother and I had raised you well so we trust you in making good decisions in your life. Furthermore, after what happened to Ji Hyun, I promised myself not to interfere with my children’s personal life anymore. I don’t mind who you guys marrying to as long as not a criminal or related to any mafia gang.

 

Chang Wook is so touched that his parents trust him so much that they did not mind whatever decision he made for his life.

 

“Appa…”

 

“Yes, son.”

 

“Do you really don’t mind that Sunshine is not your biological grandson?” Chang Wook is worried that his parents accepted his son just because they had to. That’s why he really wants to know their real feelings.

 

“When we accepted Shin Hye as our daughter in law, it means we accepted her baby as our grandchild as well. Regardless who the real father is. If you accepted him as your son to give him a complete family, then let your eomma and I make it more complete and be his grandparents. When you decided to marry his mother and be his father, that day I already takes him as a Ji.” He and his wife has long accepted Shin Hye and her baby so the question of whether he is or not Sunshine is not his real grandson should not come out.

 

Chang Wook is glad that his parents are understanding and open minded that they accepted Sunshine as their grandchild even they know they are not biologically related.

 

“Thank you, Appa. For accepting him.” Chang Wook smiles at his father. “I hope I am doing the right thing when I married Shin Hye. I do it for him. I wanted to give him a family so that he can grow up having a father.”

 

“You are doing the right thing, son. Do not worry about that.” Ji Jin hee assures his son again that what he did is noble and right.

 

“Am I? I am not taking him away from his real father right?” he asked.

 

“If he really cares about them, he won’t have abandoned them in the first place. He will look for Shin Hye if he really loves her.” what his father said is not wrong. He was thinking the same too. But, what if they are wrong?

 

“There is a chance that he did not know about Sunshine’s existence. Because, when I rescued Shin Hye, she was only 5-6 weeks into her pregnancy. There is high chance the baby’s father did not know about it.”

 

“Well, that could be the case too. Even so, he should not have abandoned her if he really loves her. How can she be left alone and terrified until it drives her to take a short cut? To me, whatever reason he has, still he is an irresponsible man.” Ji Jin Hee stated his opinion about Sunshine’s birth father. He is not saying his son is 100% right, but to him, whatever the reason is a guy who abandoned his own woman and child is a coward who does not deserves to have them.

 

“If the real father come to me one day, what should I do?” Ji Jin hee rarely sees his son looks so worried but today he just witnesses his brilliant son can be clueless on what to do too. After all, he is a human with flaws.

 

“Let’s not think about it now. If not, you will stress yourself up. We will think about it when the times comes. As for now, do what you think is the best for the three of you. Shin Hye, Sunshine and you. You need to take care of your family first.” Ji Jin Hee advices his son further.

 

“What if when he comes, he wants to take him away from me when I already raise him like my own?”

 

“He won’t do it if he is a true gentleman and if he really acts as a real father. If he knows what best for his child, he won’t take him away. Why are you so afraid of something that is not happen yet?” his father asks.

 

“I don’t know. I am starting to get greedy and feel selfish. I do not want to let them go. I can’t.”

 

Ji Jin Hee looks at Chang Wook with a questionable look. The son he knew is a considerate guy. To hear that come from his mouth, it could only mean one thing. “Seolma, are you by any chance falling in love with your wife?”

 

Chang Wook is startled when his father asked that. He did not answer him because he did not know how to answer. But his father can tell that he can’t let them go because he already loves them. It is a father’s instinct.

 

Ji Jin Hee looks at his watch. “It’s getting late. I should get going now. Before I forgot, I need to go to Shin Hye’s room to get your Eomma’s purse.”

 

“Let’s go together.” Chang Wook said and together he walks with his father toward’s Shin Hye’s room. They enter the room quietly not to wake her up and take the purse. Chang Wook then send his father to the lobby.

 

 

 

 

Kim Sung Ryung looks at the clock on the wall. 11.30 pm. It has been more than an hour since her husband go back to the hospital after dropping her home. ‘What takes him so long?’ she monologues.

 

When she is about to go down and check on him, the bedroom door opens and her husband comes inside. She sighs in relief.

 

“What takes you so long?” she asked him.

 

“I stop by at the nursery first to meet our baby grandson. Then, I have a chat with Chang Wook in front of the nursery.” he told his wife on the reason he takes a long time to get her purse at the hospital.

 

“I see. We just left the hospital and you already missed your grandson?”

 

“How can I not when he is so cute and chubby like that?”

 

“Arasso. Go and wash up. Do you want any hot drinks? I can make it for you.”

 

“Sure. As usual, your hot choco please. I will come down after I wash up.”

 

Kim Sung Ryung came down to the kitchen to prepare hot drinks for them. 10 minutes later, her husband came down and join them at the kitchen.

 

“Your hot choco is the best.” Ji Jin Hee always love the hot choco made by his wife that he can have it almost every night before sleep. Kim Sung Ryung just smiles at her husband’s praise.

“Have you never get bored of drinking my hot choco for almost 33 years?” she asked him and he shakes his head. When they got married, she did not know how to cook and all she can do is a cup of hot chocolate drink for her husband. That’s it. But, he never complaints. Basically when they were newlyweds, Ji Jin Hee drinks hot choco for breakfast and supper. Everyday. “Wh

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter