Can't Move On

HEALING LOVE ©
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

ChangWook found himself in a forest in the middle of the night. He is running chasing someone, to be exact he is chasing her. Ji Hyun. His Ji Hyun. She is running very fast and not turning back though he had called him many times. She is holding something in her arms. Looks like a bundle or a wrap. ChangWook can't see exactly what it is but from the way she was holding it looks like a baby. 

"Ji Hyun, wait. Stop running. Where are you going?" he called out for her but she keep running. 

He keep chasing her until they reach near a cliff. "Ji Hyun, STOP!" he yelled and she stopped. 

She turn to face him and as what he predicted, she is holding a baby in her arms. She looks pale and she is wearing a plain white gown. Her long black hair is being let down and her face is as white as a paper. The baby is wrapped in white blanket too. 

"Ji Hyun, please don't do it. Come here, come to me." he begged her to walk away from the cliff. 

"You lied to me, oppa. You told me you will never leave me. You lied." she utter the word. 

"I am not intended to leave you. I further my studies to be a better person. I don't know you are carrying my baby. If I know I will stay. I am so so sorry. But please, don't do stupid things." he begged and begged. 

'"Stupid? The only stupid thing I did is fallen in love with you and trust you 100%."

"Let's talk about this things. Please, baby come here." he reach out for his hand to pull her. She is too close to the cliff. 

"I'm sorry oppa, there is nothing to talk about. I do not want to be a burden and stop you from achieving your dream. Saranghae." and she jumped off the cliff.

"NO!" 

 

ChangWook woke up with full of sweats on his face. It's the nightmare again. He keeps having that nightmare every now and then. He rub his face with his palms and check the clock. It's 5 am. He get off from his bed and goes to the kitchen. he drink a glass of water to calm down. He then move to his study room and got on his weight machine. When ever he stressed up, he choose to exercise. 

Today is the 7th anniversary of her death. On this date 7 years ago, he lost the love of his life. Not only he lost her but he also lost their unborn child. What makes him sadder is he did not know not until 6 months later. ChangWook will not be able to forget this date . After he had finish work out, he straightaway shower and get ready. Every year, during this date he will take off from work to visit her. He will go out to get fresh flowers in the morning and go to the columbarium. he will stay there for couple of hours. he will left before middday as her family will come around that time and ChangWook will avoid meeting them as he doesn't want to create more conflicts with them. 

And as previous years, he get out at 6.30 in the morning after getting ready to buy some fresh flowers. Ji Hyun loved white flowers, so ChangWook will bring white roses or white lilies to visit her. The florist he frequent already know what kind of flowers he will buy and normally they will prepare many nice white flowers for him to choose. 

"Good Morning Dr Ji. How have you been?" Lily the florist greet him as soon as he arrived. 

"I am fine. How about you, Lily?" he asked. 

"I'm good. So buying white flowers as usual?" 

He nods. "Give me the best you got." 

"Ok. I just receive a special white roses last night. Do you like to see it?" Lily go to the back of her shop to get the newly arrived white roses to show to him. "What do you think. It's nice right?"

"Yes it is. Can you made a bouquet of it. The usual size."

"Sure do. Just wait for a while. I made a bouquet for you." 10 minutes later, Lily bring a nicely tie bouquet of white roses to ChangWook. After paying her, he made his way to Dongnae-Gu Columbarium where the late Ji Hyun is placed. 

 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

 

(Busan Columbarium)

He is now in front of box no 159. That is Ji Hyun's box number is. He place the bouquet below the box. 

"How have you been doing, Ji Hyun-ah? Is our little angel doing well too? It has been 7 years you left me and our little angel will go to primary school this year. TIme flies but to me times passed by slowly and I missed you everyday. I tried to move on but it is so hard to forget about you. I still saw you in my dreams and all those places we frequent before. Are you not letting me to move on? If you don't I am ok to be single forever and meet you both later." his tears drop fast. Now all he can do is talk to her photo in front if her urn.

Chang Wook still feel guilty of what happened to his ex girlfriend. To him, she died because of him. If only he did not accept the scholarship offer to study abroad, she might still be alive and they could probably live happily with their child, happily married.

ChangWook and Ji Hyun are college sweet hearts. They took different courses back in University. He is in medical and she is in korean literature. They met during orientation week. ChangWook fell for on the first sight on her beauty and he has been trying to get close to her since the first time they met. Lucky for him, she accpeted him a month after he made the first move.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter