Chapter 69

BTS Roommate
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

A/N:

Previously: With this rather eventful year gradually coming to an end, along with your torture at the hands of the sasaeng, things seemed to be looking up. You could only hope that they would mellow out by the year-end, and that you'd all have a truly happy Christmas...

DISCLAIMER: As always this is a work of fiction and is not intended to reflect or affect the real-life idols, people, companies or properties etc. mentioned. This fanfic contains censored swearing and Suga being salty, so beware.

Anyway, here we go~
 


Christmas shopping was already tough enough.
You already fretted to a ridiculous extent over what to buy your closest family, never mind a group of 7 very different boys. Idol boys, might you add. What were you supposed to give them that they didn't probably already have?

Tae likes Gucci and honey chips...
Well, you certainly knew which one of those options was more realistic. But buying him snacks would seem a little cheap, wouldn't it? Then again...Tae was easily pleased.

Really, they all were. Though it stressed you out a bit at first, you gradually got into the swing of things as you took those private trips to the mall, eventually sourcing gifts you felt were both suitable and reasonable. Naturally, you couldn't wait to see them get opened, even if you were a tad nervous about what they would think.

A small part of you did selfishly wonder if they would get you anything, though really, you wouldn't have necessarily desired it. You were happy just having them in your life.
That was enough...

Eventually, the day came. You could still recall the feeling of pure elation when you sat up in your bed suddenly, hearing your alarm playing DNA to wake you up. It brought you back, back to when you were a child, and you'd always be so eager to get out of bed and open your presents. Only this time around, the eagerness wasn't out of an innocent greed, but rather it was derived from the desire to simply spend time with BTS.

Even putting aside the fact that you were a fangirl, you loved these boys as people, not just as idols. They had become like family to you...though in a way some of them had also become something else. Now wasn't really the time to sweat over those sorts of things though, and so you quickly got dressed in a good get up.

Casual, but still prim enough. A long-sleeved white shirt with a long red strap top over it, and black leggings to emphasize the brighter touches. Simple, but sweet and cozy, which seemed to be fitting. Heading through to the lower lounge, you hopefully anticipated the smiles that would be on their faces when they opened the gifts arranged under the tree.

However, before you could take a mere two steps forward, something bounded into you. It hit you firmly from the side, and two smaller things wrapped snugly around behind your back. Arms, coated in baggy, boldly hued sleeves that bore a suspiciously designer looking logo. The sweet smell of honey.

Yup. Tae.

“Jagiiii~! Merry Christmas!” he nuzzled you affectionately, before pulling back and beaming widely. Some of his lightly hued locks had become strewn across his face in the process but you quickly brushed them aside as a favor. He grinned in that boxy way and pulled back, showing off his sweater for you. “Look Jagi! I didn't knit it but it's cute huh?”
“I know you didn't knit it Tae...” you laughed a little, and admired the cute but kind of classy design. Cats. A lot of cats. You'd say he made a good choice.

“I see you're not wearing anything cheesy or tacky today. You're not supposed to dress well on Christmas y'know.”
Namjoon approached, smiling in a smirking manner. “You look nice.”
Blushing, you nodded to him. “As do you.”

As you straightened up once more your nose picked up on the scent of something very tasty lingering in the air. Humming curiously, you looked around yourself to see where it could be coming from, then clocked the kitchen. On a sudden mission, you made a beeline for it, while Namjoon and Taehyung were left a little bewildered.

Bingo.
As soon as you rounded the side of the wall you realized your assumption had been right. Someone was baking cookies, and who could it be? Why, none other than Mama Jin of course. He turned at the perfect moment, steaming tray in hand, pink apron around his waist. His eyes widened when he saw you, then he smiled charmingly and set it down, pulling off his oven gloves and chucking them onto the unit as he walked over and quickly pulled you into a hug.

He smelled like cinnamon and sugar, and you found yourself clinging to him a bit longer than you usually would. When the two of you pulled apart you looked up at him sweetly, and he gave your cheek a gentle pet.
“Merry Christmas~. I assume you want some cookies, Princess?”
“Ooh, yes please-”

“They'll be too hot-” someone suddenly spoke up behind you, and you turned to see none other than Jimin, sporting his current cut of shaggy blonde hai

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter