Chapter 28

BTS Roommate
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

A/N:

Previously: Rain and bundt cakes...life in Seoul was proving to be pretty comfortable for you, even if it had its ups and downs. You're determined to make every moment last, knowing that it can't last forever...

DISCLAIMER: As always this is a work of fiction and is not intended to reflect or affect the real life idols, people, companies or properties etc. mentioned. This fanfic contains censored swearing and Suga being salty, so beware.

Anyway, here we go~
 


Jeonhwaro
Deutneun eommaui
Moksorineun seonmyeonghago
Gieoknaneun geon
Geuttae eommaui ganginhami naegen byeonhwagu
 

You could hear something you recognized...

It was a Saturday, the one following your first week of hard work at that cafe. And it had been hard, as fun as it was too. It was just so busy all the time, and Lim alone could make for quite the exhausting patron.

So you had just been lounging around on one of the sofas upstairs, while everyone else was outside getting a barbecue set up, with the exception of Jimin who was also having a little nap in his room. Given that the heavier rains would be coming soon, it made sense to make the most of the good weather while it lasted.

However, someone had interrupted your snooze, and when you sat up you saw Hoseok walking down from the bedroom hallway. He visibly jolted when he noticed you were there, and quickly laughed.
“Ah, [Y/N]...I didn't realise you were...”
He trailed off.

Of course, he had been singing softly to himself, in a melodic little rap that formed those unmistakeable lyrics from MAMA. And of course, he hadn't intended for anyone to hear that.
Nonetheless, you smiled at him softly and just shook your head. “Sorry, I just decided to take the sofa instead. More sunlight comes in here than it does downstairs, so it makes for a nice napping spot.”
Though a little bit embarrassed, Hoseok quickly got over himself with a swift nod, and approached the couch you were now sitting up on.

Humming, he reached out with one hand and clasped it around your brow. Tensing up a little, you wondered aloud:
“Hoseok...?”
“Just checking-” Hoseok pulled his hand back again and chuckled. “In case you got a fever after that rain yesterday. You were soaked through. Not that I'd mind having to take care of you again.”

Blushing a little, you gave your cheek a little scratch with your index finger and looked down at your lap.
“Aha...well hopefully you won't need to. I feel fine.”
“Good.” Hoseok coughed, and took the seat next to you. Looking over at him now, you tilted your head curiously.

“That was MAMA, wasn't it?” You prompted, and he shifted a little uneasily but nodded.
“Ah...yeah, it was. Sorry, I wasn't trying to make your ears bleed.”
Even though he was joking, he had a somewhat melancholy look in his eyes. And no wonder. The meaning of those lyrics...it was clear that they had come from somewhere deep in his own heart.

“Actually I thought it was really good. You're very talented, Hoseok.” You told him honestly. “You ought to give yourself more credit.”
His head lowered just a little, and he ran a hand back through his dark locks of freshly styled hair, before reaching down to toy with the sweatband on his other wrist.
“You're too kind.”

“No, really, I mean it.” Insisting, you leaned a little closer to him. “Your rapping...I always look forward to it w

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter