Chapter 66

BTS Roommate
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

A/N:

Previously: After some reconciliation with Jimin, he agreed to give you some time so you could think things over. Focusing on Jungkook again, you ventured off, searching for the grump of the group...

DISCLAIMER: As always this is a work of fiction and is not intended to reflect or affect the real life idols, people, companies or properties etc. mentioned. This fanfic contains censored swearing and Suga being salty, so beware.

Anyway, here we go~
 


Yoongi...Yoongi...
You kept repeating his name softly inside your head while you walked, venturing through the corridors and seeking any sign of him. He'd mentioned going to the toilets, so that was where you headed first and foremost. Initially, he didn't seem to be there, but then-

“Oof-!”
A grunt of surprise left you as another body bumped into yours. Looking up, you were met with that familiar frown that you knew now was never as bad as it seemed. Call it Yoongi's resting face. He had a habit of looking naturally disgruntled.

“...Yoongi...” you breathed, taking a step back so you could let him walk out of the bathroom properly. He looked a bit baffled by your presence there, and openly questioned it once the door closed behind him:
“...[Y/N]. Any particular reason why you chose to follow me? To the bathroom?” Yoongi made sure to add, to which you just calmly explained yourself.
“You know why, Yoongi. I needed to speak with you about Jungkook...”

The rapper in his bottom lip and glanced aside with those dark almond eyes.
“What more is there to say? I think it's pretty damn clear what happened back there was needless...”
“Look-” Irritated that he had averted his attention deliberately like that, you took a firm step into his eyeline, making sure he was looking at you again, “-however you might feel, it happened. There's nothing we can do about that. And Jungkook is okay, I went in to see him and he was talking to me. The doctor said it should take about two months for the fracture to heal.”

“'Fracture' huh...” Yoongi uttered, before reaching up with one hand to rub his nose. The atmosphere was still tense, but seemed to relax a little bit after he let out a long sigh. “...Well...good.”
“I know you were worried about him.” you smiled sympathetically, “I know that's why you acted that way.”

Pausing again, he seemed reluctant about what he was going to say. Still, after a few more moments of pondering, Yoongi finally came out with it.
“Jungkook-ah and I...haven't always seen eye to eye. But that doesn't mean I'd want this kind of crap to happen to him.”
“I know.” you said.
“-And besides, maybe I oughta thank him.” Yoongi shrugged and joked dryly, “Thanks to him I didn't have to show up to the party looking so stupid.”

Though it was hard to find many positives in this situation, his little jape did get a giggle out of you. Settling his eyes back upon your form again, his hard expression softened, and he tilted his head to the left.
“Your costume looked pretty nice at least.”
“Oh-” your cheeks turned pink, and you tucked a strand of [H/C] hair behind your ear. “-Thank you...”

“What's this~?” a voice suddenly purred from nearby, and it couldn't belong to anyone but the Prince himself, Jin. The handsome fellow sauntered over with a slight smirk, obviously amused by the fact he had witnessed your interaction with Yoongi. Those soft little moments between you two were rare to see.

However, you couldn't quite smile. In fact, you were kind of annoyed with him. He'd blabbed about that incident with Hoseok of course. Effectively, it was his fault that this whole spontaneous-kiss-courtesy-of-Park-Jimin situation had happened in the first place. And while a kiss from any BTS member would typically be a blessing, it hardly felt that way when things were so complicated. When Jimin had seemed so torn up about it...

“Right. I'm going back in the bathroom.” Yoongi swung the door open again so he could make his getaway, but Jin pouted and clicked his tongue.
“Come on now...”
He was already off though, which left you alone with Jin. And honestly, that was what you wanted. You needed to talk with him, and it needed to be in private. So, you reached out and grasped the edge of his baggy sweater sleeve. You purposefully pulled him along, ignoring the confused expression upon his face, and the almost baffled yelp he let out.

“[Y/N]!?”

Eventually you were really, truly alone with him, and you had his complete attention. It wasn't like you wanted this to be too heavy, but you had to say something.
“Jin...did you tell Jimin about what happened with me and Hoseok? Be honest.”
Looking up at him with such big and innocent eyes, the taller male couldn't bring himself to lie to you. Not that he intended to in the first place of course.
“Ah...”

Suddenly, he flounced and feigned some kind of faint expression, placing the back of his hand against his forehead. “Aaahh...I'm terribly sorry [Y/N]. I'm bad for that. I didn't think it would do any harm...I just said it without thinking...”
Jin looked back at you straight.
“I apologize.”

Well, you had to give him credit for owning up to i

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter