Chapter 70

BTS Roommate
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

A/N:

Previously: New Years is here...

DISCLAIMER: As always this is a work of fiction and is not intended to reflect or affect the real life idols, people, companies or properties etc. mentioned. This fanfic contains censored swearing and Suga being salty, so beware.

Anyway, here we go~
 


Sometimes you could still feel it.
His kiss...lingering behind faintly upon your lips. You would just touch them with your fingertips though, and try to remind yourself that it was in the past.

Or at least, it had been that way for a while. However, sooner or later you knew you'd have to address it, and that time had finally come.

Jimin...
There were plenty of people who would think there was something wrong with you. Why the hell weren't you leaping at the opportunity to be with someone so iconic? His slender figure and gentle, feminine features. His angelic voice and attitude. His undeniable knack for dancing, and his general approachability and cuteness. Those all sounded like ticks in boxes, didn't they?

Yet for you it wasn't as simple as just saying yes. Over the course of your time in this house so far you had slowly come to realize it. The bonds you had with these boys went beyond just knowing them, beyond just being mere friends. It had begun to dawn on you that the life you were leading wasn't normal in the slightest, and it wasn't just because you were sharing quarters with BTS.

It was like you were living out a real-life otome game. Dare you call this a...harem?
Hah...maybe you were giving yourself too much credit. After all...Jimin was the only one who had truly come out with any sort of confession to you. Though judging by the way the other boys had been acting...could you really assume that only Jimin felt that way?

That was what worried you. That was part of what made it so difficult to just say 'yes'. Because deep down you knew, at least one person was going to get hurt if you made that decision.

Jungkook.
Yoongi.
Hoseok.
Hell, maybe even Namjoon, or Taehyung, or Jin. Who was to say how it would affect all of them if you started dating Jimin?

Then again...were you really capable of saying no to him? He'd be the one getting hurt if that happened. If he ended up gloomy then it could affect the whole group.
You knew you had to think carefully and make the best decision here. It wasn't even a case of what you personally wanted.

Because...you didn't know what that was.
 


 

Although the Lunar New Year was a bigger deal, the worldwide event was still an incredibly big affair, and you were all sure to take part in it. It felt like Christmas had only come a short time ago, yet it was already the cusp of the next year.

At least Jin was ready for it. Already he had gone out and purchased all the necessary snacks, and had even done some pre-cooking so that you could all have a big meal. He was giving Mama Monnie a run for his money...
“Ah~ so we have tteokguk we can eat on New Years day, and yakgwa especially for Taehyung. Hmm, does that sound good Princess?”

Of course he asked you, looking down at your form as the eight of you made your way through one of the night markets. His handsome face was illuminated in rainbow hues by the colorful lights. It was brave of the boys to come out somewhere so public, even if they were wearing masks when they needed to hide, but what were they supposed to do? Coop themselves up inside on New Years?

“Sounds good to me.” you told him with a smile, then looked around as someone linked arms with you. One of these days maybe you'd get a real surprise when it would turn out to be Yoongi. For the moment though, it was just good old Tae Tae.
“Jagi, do you have any New Years resolutions?” he asked you with a grin, before resting his head on your shoulder. Taehyung was taller than you, as they all were (even little Jimin) but the way he carried himself and acted made him seem like he was just a child. You resisted the urge to pet his head, but then gave in and did it anyway. His hair was soft as silk.
“I guess just...try to achieve whatever I can. Help you guys out with your comeback too.”

He pulled away slightly, gazing up at you with twinkling eyes, though they seemed a little pensive.
“Mm...we're gonna have to work real hard next year, starting immediately Joon-Hyung said...” he kept his voice a little low, slowly looking more and more glum about it. “Mmm...we're not gonna have as much time to play together once New Years is over.”

“Maybe that's for the best.” you tried to reassure him, “I wouldn't want to distract you when you need to practice and stuff. Besides-”
Shooting a glance behind yourself, you clocked Jungkook walking beside Hoseok. He still carried a slight limp with him, but he was so much better already.
“-Jungkook worked hard to recover so he could keep dancing. I think it's a good thing that you'll be preparing-” you looked back down at Taehyung's tilted head again, “-that way you won't have so much stress to deal with when it's time for your comeback.”

His bottom lip jutted out but he still nodded.

Namjoon, who was leading the pack alongside Yoongi, paused and ce you reached one of the street corners. In the distance you could already see some early fireworks being shot off, lighting up the sky with sparkles.
“Aight, so we'll go to the park where we can see the fireworks, and then we can go back home when they're done and eat dinner.”
“Sounds good to me.” Jimin nodded, while Yoongi and the others looked just as satisfied with that plan.

You however, well you were still distracted by the sight of those floral explosions gracing the dark canvas of the night sky. You watched them with a sort of slack-jawed awe, and without thinking took a few steps towards the kerb as you stared.

A hand quickly shot out and took your wrist. Jolting, you then looked around to see Jungkook had taken it, and he was sure to pull you back to your original spot again. He smiled gently, but seriously.
“Now [Y/N] you should be more careful if you don't want to end up like me-” he shot a quick glance down at his leg and chuckled. Noting how much more relaxed and casual he was around you these days you let out a little laugh of your own and bopped yourself on the head.
“You're right, sorry~!”

But although the two of you were laughing and joking with one another, clearly in good New Years spirits, Jimin couldn't relate. While Namjoon was reeling off the best route to take to avoid the crowds on your way to the park, he tried not to look too obvious as he eyed you. When you were speaking with Jungkook you just seemed to light up like the sun itself, and frankly, it hurt. It hurt to witness that, and wonder what you were thinking.

Does she like him better than me?
“Tell me how you feel.” I told her that, but is she really going to go through with it? Will she just end up blowing

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter