Chapter 38

BTS Roommate
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

A/N:

Previously: Baking a cake led to an interesting conversation with Yoongi, but thankfully it seemed to tell you good things. With the rainy season due to end soon, things are definitely looking up.

DISCLAIMER: As always this is a work of fiction and is not intended to reflect or affect the real life idols, people, companies or properties etc. mentioned. This fanfic contains censored swearing and Suga being salty, so beware.

Anyway, here we go~
 


A light drizzle had settled over Seoul, but at least it wasn't anything more than that. The dire days of stormy attacks and power cuts seemed to be done with for now, as the most miserable weather of the year began to slowly subside, bringing sunshine to accompany the remaining raindrops.

“Good thing too.” Jimin commented, looking down at the dirty blanket he was holding. “We should really think about getting all the heavy laundry done.”
“Oh, do you mean traditional-style?” you asked from your position beside him in the doorway, imagining a situation similar to pressing grapes, only with sudsy washing instead.
“Exactly.” he smirked at you, and set the basket down just so he could stick his hand out under the sky. His palm was still catching some raindrops, but they were much sparser than before. Humming, he closed his hand again and drew it back to his chest. “Hopefully it'll clear up by this afternoon.”

You weren't really paying attention to him at that point to be quite honest. You were too busy imagining how adorably hilarious it would look if Yoongi did the laundry like that, especially if he still kept that stoic expression of his in the process.

Silently, you hoped that the weather would turn favorable, if only so you could see that image become a reality. And it seemed that someone heard your prayers, for by the time midday rolled around the sky was bright and sunny again, without a single drop of water falling from it.

With Jin and Jungkook helping out, Jimin set up some plastic tubs outside, one for colors and one for whites.
“Remember to take the inside out, we can't wash that part.” Namjoon piped up, walking out with some detergent. Meanwhile, you hunted around for the hose with Taehyung in tow.

“Hmm...it was lying around here somewhere...” you murmured to yourself while feeling around in the grass, when suddenly Taehyung popped up from behind you, holding the nozzle.
“Found it jagi!”
“Ah-” you stood and turned around, beaming at him. “Well done.”

Yoongi lingered in the doorway, and Hoseok brushed past him on his way out. It was clear that something had been niggling Motionless Min for a little while now, and Hoseok had picked up on it. Honestly, it irritated him. When Yoongi got in one of those sulking moods it was hard to get him out of it, and it always tended to weigh down the atmosphere a bit. He especially didn't want that to happen when you were around, so he quickly jogged over mischievously when he noticed you and Taehyung carrying the hose.

“Hey Tae, pass that here a moment.” Hoseok gestured, speaking completely casually which should have been a giveaway for what he was really up to. The other boy was too naïve to notice though, and he handed Hoseok the hose with a quizzical expression.
“Is something wrong with it?”
Taking it, the guy paused for a second, pretending to look it over. “Hmm...not really. Say-” he looked up at the other, “-that isn't a designer shirt you're wearing, is it?”

Taehyung's eyes widened, and he looked down curiously at his own clothes, tugging on the hem. “No it's...it's just a regular old t-shirt.”
“Ah, good, good...”

You saw it coming before it even happened, and heroically lunged forward without even thinking, shielding Taehyung from the water that abruptly came gushing out towards him, guided by Hoseok's hand. It hit you hard and sent you stumbling back against the other boy, the two of you falling against the grass. You were soaked through and a little startled.

“Oh!” Hoseok gasped and switched the hose off, not expecting that.
“Ah! Jagi protected me!” Taehyung gasped, and sat up behind you, helping you up in the process. You got to your feet and shook your head to get rid of some of the water, clutching your own shirt. Thankfully this one was also nothing special.

“[Y/N], are you alright?” Hoseok stepped forward and asked, and you paused to look up at him. His expression was a little concerned, but you quickly urged him to calm.
“I'm fine. A little wet but that was probably going to end up happening anyway.”
He looked guilty, his brow furrowed. It was clear he hadn't expected that to happen.

Yoongi hadn't expected it either, but he had definitely seen it occur, and he didn't look very happy at all. Of course he wasn't, for in his eyes Hoseok had pretty much just attacked you, as if he were some sort of supervillain.

That wasn't the case, clearly, but Yoongi stormed over anyway, tossing aside the piece of laundry he had been holding and just letting it hit the grass (much to Jimin's disgruntlement).
“Hey! What did you do, huh!?”
Hoseok immediately stood on the defensive. Here we go again...

“I was just messing around, Yoongi-Hyung.” the dark brunette tutt

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter