Chapter 56

BTS Roommate
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

A/N:

Previously: Yoongi finally told you the truth himself. Although you still felt a little guilty about prying earlier you were glad he felt comfortable enough to be honest...and even to show his protective side too. Though there was still the matter of those sasaeng to deal with...

DISCLAIMER: As always this is a work of fiction and is not intended to reflect or affect the real life idols, people, companies or properties etc. mentioned. This fanfic contains censored swearing and Suga being salty, so beware.

Anyway, here we go~
 


“Don't worry about it [Y/N]. I'll make sure everything gets sorted.”
You and Hoseok had both been called in to give witness testimonies, but he seemed to be shouldering most of the responsibility when it came to reporting the crime. It could definitely be called one...considering you had just about met your end at the front of an eighteen wheeler.

Hopefully those girls would end up where they belonged. Jail.

“Ahh...well, now that we've got the boring stuff out of the way-”
Hoseok walked out of the Seongbuk-gu police station with you, and spoke as if it was all rather frivolous. That wasn't the case at all, but you knew he was only doing it to keep that smile on your face. So you made yourself retain it.

“-shall we do something together?”
“Jagi~!”

Taehyung cut you off before you could even make a suggestion. He had come with you both on this somewhat gloomy Saturday, serving as a ray of sunshine at such a dire time. Right on cue, the clouds overhead seemed to be clearing and making way for warm rays to hit the pavements.

As he jogged up and met you both at the bottom of the steps you couldn't help but smile warmly. It was a relief to see him beaming like that, for you had worried he was still upset. He hadn't left his room for a little while...but he wasn't like Yoongi. He didn't lock himself away for all that long. His heart was very much on his sleeve.

“Hello Tae.” you pet his head, ruffling his light lilac locks and listening to him purr just a bit, as if he were a cute little kitten. He even sidled closer like he was nuzzling against you but Hoseok coughed in order to break it up.
“Ahem! It's getting hotter, maybe we should go get some ice cream or something.”

“Ice cream!” Taehyung clasped his hands together and grinned with pure anticipation.
You stole a glance at the sky again. The gray had almost completely dissipated, the impending rain no longer a threat. It was true that you were already starting to feel a little toasty, so some ice cream would go down well on your end.

“Ice cream sounds great.” you said, and Hoseok nodded before leading the way. You both followed him down the street and away from the station, with you deciding to strike up a conversation with Taehyung.

“Say, Tae-” Glancing over at him just a little shyly, he looked back at you in an all too innocent manner. It was like he was constantly in a world of his own, his eyes glittering with wonder even over the most mundane things.
“Mm? What is it Jagi?”
“...I just wanted to say, don't worry about me, alright?”

Hoseok consciously slowed his pace just a little bit, but kept on walking. It was hard not to overhear what you were saying.
“Huh?” Taehyung seemed puzzled, and you swiftly elaborated with your hand going to his arm and gently rubbing it.
“Y'know, what with the sasaeng and all...I'm safe now. I just don't want you to get upset...”

The boy walking in-front of you both subtly turned his head just a little, his eyes glancing back in an unnoticeable manner. The fact that you were so openly discussing it was promising, since it was proof you hadn't been that traumatized. But a part of him just wanted you to forget it completely. If only you'd got a little knock on the head at that time, maybe you wouldn't have to live with such a memory...

“But Jagi...they tried to hurt you.” Taehyung pouted, and you laid another hand on his arm, giving it a comforting squeeze.
“I'm alive, aren't I? Do you see any cuts or bruises on me?”
“...No...”
“Well then, you shouldn't worry about the past.” you spoke.

Really though, you were saying that to yourself too. Just like Hoseok's act, it was all about smiling and moving on from it. It wasn't like you could rewind time, so you were as well accepting it had happened and moving on. Your only qualm would be if the sasaeng weren't penalized for t

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter