Chapter 36

BTS Roommate
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

A/N:

Previously: The storm came and battered the shared house from the outside, while you all remained safe and snug on the inside. Jungkook even played a little piano for you, and the gentle but haunting melody made you a little melancholy...

DISCLAIMER: As always this is a work of fiction and is not intended to reflect or affect the real life idols, people, companies or properties etc. mentioned. This fanfic contains censored swearing and Suga being salty, so beware.

Anyway, here we go~
 


POP!

The lights went out, and you stumbled. It was typical that darkness had come when you had been going upstairs. Quickly grabbing the banister, you steadied yourself and glared up at what you could make out of the ceiling.

“Dammit...”
You whispered. It was late now, and you had just been heading upstairs to grab the empty mug you had left up there and forgotten to wash earlier. Then again, one of the other boys had probably dealt with it, but you wanted to check just in case.

Curse you for being conscientious. Nonetheless, you were halfway up so you just carefully pressed on, and thankfully made it into the upper lounge without falling to your doom.

There was no mug up there. But there was a Taehyung.

He was huddled on the couch, knees to his chest in a crouching position, and he wore a thick blanket draped over his head, covering him up completely, except for his front. His eyes watched you with slight fright when you suddenly appeared, like a rabbit in headlights. You must have looked like a shadow to him.

“Wh-who's there!?” he stuttered out, and you quickly put your hands up, speaking softly, mainly so you didn't wake anyone, but also so you didn't frighten this flighty little fellow.
“Taehyung, it's me. [Y/N]...”

“Oh...jagi. That's a relief.” he immediately relaxed his stance and moved his legs down. You could just about make him out clearly in the dim light, and you carefully approached.
“Are you alright? I thought you were in bed...” you whispered, but he shook his head, kind of like a child.
“No, I...I can't sleep...”

It was still pretty noisy, so you could understand that. As if on cue, a rumble of thunder sounded outside, and Taehyung retracted further into his little ball. Finding your way to the couch cushion beside him, you sat down and looked over with sympathetic eyes, your arm finding its way under the blanket and around his shoulders. He jolted initially but soon relaxed against you.

“You're so kind, jagi...” he sighed, still tense but feeling better already now that he could feel your warmth. After a moment of thought, he lifted the blanket and slipped it around you too, pulling it snug around the both of you. In his little miniature tent, you felt very safe and cozy.
“Thank you Tae...”

“Hehe...” he let out a little giggle, even though it felt slightly strained in the circumstances, and turned to look at you with eyes that glimmered a little in the shadows. “You call me 'Tae'.”
Looking down shyly while you sat there close beside him, you contemplated that.
“I...I suppose I just

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter