Chapter 64

BTS Roommate
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

A/N:

Previously: You couldn't believe that Jimin actually kissed you. It seemed he could hardly believe it either...

DISCLAIMER: As always this is a work of fiction and is not intended to reflect or affect the real life idols, people, companies or properties etc. mentioned. This fanfic contains censored swearing and Suga being salty, so beware.

Anyway, here we go~
 


Jimin slipped away from you like a ghost.

Dazed, you watched from your rigid spot by the railing as he walked over to the taxi and slammed his hand against the glass of the back window. His forehead soon pressed against it too, and his heavy breathing steamed it up with a small cloud.

Honestly, you didn't know what to do at first. His kiss still lingered on your lips, and yet it felt like it had never happened. It did happen though. It definitely did.
You couldn't believe it.

Now what were you supposed to do!?

“Dammit...I didn't mean to...I shouldn't have...”
Jimin, distraught, couldn't bring himself to turn around from the car and look at you. It took the taxi driver coming back to finally break the tension.

“Sorry for the wait kids, looks like we can get back on track though!” he came jogging over, patent shoes splashing in the rain puddles. Obliviously chipper.
“Oh, you didn't wanna stay in the car? It's pouring out here-”
“We'll get back in.” Jimin simply said and opened the door for you. You hesitated, still lingering by the railing, but eventually walked over and slipped inside. He soon joined you in the back, and the slightly befuddled driver just got in the front and started the engine. He really couldn't afford to waste any more time after all.

He explained: “The receptionist gave me directions to get out of this joint, it's actually pretty simple. We'll be back on track in less than five minutes.”
“Ah, that's good.” you smiled and nodded. He obviously wanted a good review by the end of this, you could tell by his apologetic tone.

Jimin was quiet, and he remained that way as the journey continued.

It was awkward. But awkwardness was preferable to what happened next. As if the kiss hadn't been enough of a shock...

“Ugh...what now?”
The driver grumbled, pulling the cab to a slower pace. Looking out of the rain-stained window, you could spot some brightly flashing car lights by the side of the highway. Hazards.

There were more than a few vehicles stopped there. Something serious had to have happened, but what? When you looked over at Jimin, you could see he had pulled himself out of his reverie and was now looking ahead with confusion. Clearly, he had no idea what was going on either.

“Seems like there's been an accident or something. S**t. Just my luck...” the driver muttered bitterly, his happier facade whittled away by every passing minute. You wished you could have told him not to worry so much, given that none of this was his fault. It wasn't like either of you were going to hold this against him.

You certainly weren't going to do that with regards to the whole getting lost thing either. Although you still weren't sure how you felt about what happened, you couldn't deny that it was a once in a lifetime opportunity. Getting to kiss Jimin of BTS...not many could say they'd had that pleasure.

'Pleasure'. Well yes...that was true. It certainly hadn't been unpleasant, quite the opposite really. However, it had also muddied the waters- severely. You certainly weren't planning on telling anyone else about it, and you were certain Jimin wasn't going to either.

However...back to current events...

“Damn, I was right. Oh f**k-!”
The driver dropped all efforts at professionalism, his true reaction coming through. It was warranted though,
“-I think they hit somebody!”

Immediately, Jimin's face turned pale, as did yours. A sickly feeling settled in your stomach.

The cab came to a stop right by the scene, but you tried not to look out of the window at it, fearing what you might see. It was only when one of the policemen came over to the side of the car and rapped his knuckle against the window, urging the driver to roll his window down, that you finally braced yourself and looked through the misty pane of glass.

“What's going on here?”
The cab driver asked. You raised your sleeve to the window and wiped away the condensation.
“There's been an accident. Please stay in your car until we have further instructions for you.”
The policeman responded. You peered out at the road.
“Are they alright? Nobody...they weren't killed, were they?”
The driver boldly asked. You squinted to see past the flashing lights.
“Nobody's been killed, sir. There have been some injuries, we're confirming the details now.”

There was a figure there, someone slumped against the tarmac. Around them, other people were gathered. In costume. Not unusual on a night like this...
“As I said, please stay in your car for now.”
...Wait a second though...
“Alright. Sorry kids, I think we're gonna be delayed again...”

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter