Chapter 14

BTS Roommate
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

A/N:

Previously: You and Jin are like Tweedledee and Tweedledum now thanks to some new hairstyles at a snazzy Seoul salon. Suga wasn't too happy about it, but it seems he's not the only one who's irritated.

DISCLAIMER: As always this is a work of fiction and is not intended to reflect or affect the real life idols or companies mentioned.

Anyway, here we go~
 


“Jungkook?”

The maknae was standing there in your doorway, looking awkward, looking like he didn't quite know what to say. Well, he knew what he wanted to say, but it was hard to do so, especially when you looked so bewildered to see him.

“Do you...need something?” You asked, shifting awkwardly from foot to foot.

Swallowing uneasily, he reached up behind his neck and gave it a quick scratch, before suddenly stepping inside your room. His free hand closed the door behind him, and he approached you closer. Parting his lips slowly, he nearly choked on his words, but finally blurted them out:

“Can you dye your hair please!?”

He had almost shouted it at you, and you quickly recoiled. He did so too, going red and looking down.
“Sorry, I mean-”
“Dye it?” You just blinked, puzzled. “But I just had it done...”
“I-I know but...I want you to dye it again...” Jungkook admitted, looking up at you once more. Despite how meek he was being, there was a determination in his eyes that startled you. Like he was really adamant about it.

“You never said anything about this back at the salon...” You spoke, then sighed. “What's the big deal? It's just a hair color-”
As if to emphasize your point, you reached up and pulled gently on one of the strands, examining it.
“I mean, it'll fade in a couple of weeks. Probably sooner.”

Jungkook still didn't seem satisfied, and you paced back a bit, placing your hands on your hips.
“Why do you have such an issue with it?”
You had a feeling you knew the reason, but his response actually surprised you.

“Because...if you have the same hair color as Jin-Hyung, some fans might see it while we're out and...I doubt they'd be happy about it.” Jungkook spoke softly, but he still seemed on edge. “They'd think you two were a couple...they wouldn't like it.”

He'd hate the sight of that too...

“Ah...that's what you're worried about?” You sighed again, and decided to walk over and gently place your hand on his shoulder. “Come on Jungkook...even if people saw us there's no way they'd assume that we were dating or anything like that. Besides, this is a quiet area. Even when we were out at the shops and stuff we didn't encounter any fans...nobody will even notice.”

You let your hand lower.
“...But I notice it.”
Jungkook's words caught you off guard again. Seriously, why did he care so much about something so stupid?

“H-hey now, what are you saying?” You were the one stuttering at this point. Jungkook took another single step towards you with confidence.
“I'm saying that-”

Suddenly he stopped himself. It was as if a light had suddenly flickered on inside his brain, and then he was backing away a few paces again.
“...Nothing. Sorry...”

This was really starting to confuse you, and you showed it with a puzzled frown.

“Y-you're right, I'm being so stupid aren't I-”<

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter