Chapter 50

BTS Roommate
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

A/N:

Previously: After striking a deal and spending the night with Yoongi, you felt surprisingly peaceful when you awoke. It hadn't been so bad after all...

DISCLAIMER: As always this is a work of fiction and is not intended to reflect or affect the real life idols, people, companies or properties etc. mentioned. This fanfic contains censored swearing and Suga being salty, so beware.

Anyway, here we go~
 


It was, sadly, time to go home.
Alarms had been set early in the morning because you and Jimin had work starting soon. Neither of you were at your freshest, but that was alright. The cafe was like another little family to you both, and you didn't want to let them down.

“You guys are brave.” Hoseok chuckled on the way home in the van, as you all sat in the back while Namjoon and Jin were in the front. The typical line-up, and yes, Jin made sure to point out every little thing he got wrong on the road.

“I guess so, but I just think about that rainbow cake...” you rested your chin in your hand and practically drooled, “-and that makes it all worth it.”
“Ah~ cake.” Taehyung looked eager too, but maybe that was because he had eaten all of the snacks he brought. Well, him with a little help from Jin of course.

While still gazing ahead dreamily you leaned back and rested in your seat, before turning your head to look out of the car window beside you. Naturally, your mind kept lingering on that whole Yoongi thing. You had wanted to tell him more, had wanted to assure him that you appreciated his many kindnesses. How he had replaced your picture frame, or defended you from the sasaeng. Assuring you he didn't hate you that night in the kitchen, and deliberately doing things to help you out or defend you, even when it involved bothering the other guys. All these little moments that connected together...forming that image of him hovering above you in the tent.

Crying.

It all made sense. He was stubborn as a rock and he didn't like anyone seeing that more vulnerable side of himself, but he seemed to struggle to hide it around you. You brought out both the best and the worst in him...and that was fine.

He was your friend. You'd help him get over these hurdles gradually, as you had done so last night. By the end of it all, maybe he'd finally be able to turn to you and tell you the truth about himself. Perhaps you'd hear it from his own mouth, rather than coaxing it from someone else's.

For you, that was the 'achievement' you had to have. If you were going to do anything with these remaining days in the BTS house, you were going to break through that shell of his...
 


 

The egg cracked between your fingertips and the bold orange yolk slipped out and into the bowl of creamed sugar and butter. You quickly mixed it up with a dash of vanilla, adding the flour with the baking powder and stirring until it turned into a batter.

Baking cakes was easy. When it wanted to be.

The cafe usually just put you and Jimin on waiting tables, since that was technically what you had both been hired for. This was the first time they were letting either of you bake something for the display case. Granted, it was coming to the end of the day so you'd probably end up taking it home as leftovers, but it was still fun to make this vanilla cake together.

Though something had seemed a little bit off on this particular day. While working in the cafe you had noticed a suspicious absence with regards to Lim. It was kind of strange since she'd always be there without fail, even on the rainiest of days. Yet for some reason, she ha

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter