things that were never been said could hurt

The Autumn Story
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Two weeks before Yuri and Jongwoon’s wedding.

A year after their first misunderstanding.

The day of  October the Fourth, 2007

*****

“Joo! Which one is better? The yellow or the white roses?”

Her Umma’s shout woke her up from her trance state. Joohyun lifted her head and nodded to the white one. “White Umma, only white could resemblance Unnie’s pure heart.”

Umma clapped, “Ok, then. It is settled. White is it.” She jumped again and walked fast to the other part of the room, obviously to order someone else or to criticize somebody’s work. She was so excited with the marriage of her first born than even Yuri needed to whine sometimes to stop her for becoming so noisy.

Joohyun shook her head and was planning to continue her work on decoration when somebody coughed behind her, “You know what, somehow I think Yoona is the daughter, not you.”

She turned her head toward the owner of the voice and smiled, “That’s true, Oppa. Yoona does resemblance my Umma, in particular when that annoying protector mind is working.”

He laughed and then offered his hands for help. She gave him the paint can and its brush. “You can help painting the other wall, Oppa.” “Ok.”

“By the way, why are you here? Where is Yoona?”

Changmin shrugged, “She said she needs to work on the figuration of the fence. To be honest, I don’t know what it means. To tell you the truth, I have a feeling that she only does that to avoid me. “

Joohyun tilted her head and furrowed her brows, “You need to be frank to her. On the contrary of her choding-self, she has not much experience on the heart matters.”

“And you have now?” Changmin looked at her from stairs he used to paint the upper part of the side of his wall.

She shrugged back, “Not really. But with Oppa....” she trailed.

Changmin sighed. Here we go again.

She looked at him and stated the matter of fact, “Spill it Oppa. What is the real reason for you to be here? “

Changmin sighed again. Yoona was right, she’s too bright. “Kyu asked me to find ways so you would talk out that thought of you.” He looked directly to her eyes. “Why the sad face, Hyun? I have to agree with Kyu that you are not really yourself these few past days.”

Joohyun smiled. “I am okay Oppa. Just a bit tired perhaps.” She paused, “Where is he anyway?”

“Kyu?” “Yeah” “He takes Siwon and Sooyoung around. Since it would be the last day he can take them I guess. You know with all the preparation.” “Oh!”

He peeked at her with curious mind, “What’s up Hyun?”

She shook her head, “Nothing.”

Then her phone rang and her face suddenly litted up. “Oppa!... No, I prefer vanilla.... In  five minutes? No, I haven’t finished... She does? She does. Ok, see you in fifteen then.”

She closed her phone and shifted her gaze to Changmin’s questioned stare. “Uh, Oppa will pick me up in fifteen minutes. Are you okay by yourself, Min-Oppa?”

He smiled. “I’ll be fine. No worries!”

She bowed. “Thanks Oppa. And oh Yoona is good on painting. You can ask her to help.” She

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter