Chap 34 - The Real First Date

It Started With A Kiss

Chapter 34 is here. Happy reading everyone!! (Note: sentence in italic or pink colour is Dara’s inner voice)

--------------------------------------------------------

 

 

SANDARA’S POV

“So have you thought about where do you want to go?” ask Jiyong, wake me up from my dreamland. I still can’t believe I will go on a date with Jiyong now. Kyaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa…….

“Hmmm… I still can’t decide it. I have so many places that I want to go with you…” I say while pouting and thinking where I should go first.

“You better decide it fast before I change my mind.” He says while smirking.

“Yah! Don’t you dare. Give me 5 minutes… no… I mean 10 minutes for me to think. I will make sure give you answer.”

“5 minutes or we will be going home.”

“But… Jiyong…” I whine trying to make him agree with me.

But he just looks at me and smirk. I know that looks. 5 minutes or I won’t have my first date comes true.

“Okay… Fine then 5 minutes.” I say with limp shoulders.

Without I realize, Jiyong just smile at me. A real smile that I don’t manage to see it because I am too focused on thinking where we should go.

--------------------------

AN: My reader, I hope you will ignore if the place is kind of not suit or the same with what I imagine okay? Actually I am not living in Korea so I just search for some places in map and I don’t know about the detail so some of it I just imagine that they have it there and I just use their name so I have an imagination place. Hope you are okay with it my reader :)

“So…… This is where you want to have your first date?” ask Jiyong when we arrive at Gyeongui Line Forest Park.

“Yes hehehe.” I say while grining happily beside him.

“And?? What do you want to do?” he asks.

“That one. I want to do that.” I say while pointing toward a few couples who riding a tandem bicycle.

“Riding bicycle?” he asks with an eyebrow rising.

“Ne…” I answer happily.

“This is the date you dreamed of?”

“Ne. One of them. Don’t you think it’s so romantic for two people to ride together like that?” I ask happily.

“Hmmm…… well… maybe…”

“Let’s go rent it there.” I say while pointing toward a shop that renting tandem bicycles.

---------------------------------

“Uwahhh… This is so fun.” I say while keep cycle the bicycle. I sit on the back and Jiyong on the steer.

“And the weather is so nice too.” I say while looking up.

But after a few moments I feel bored because Jiyong cycle it too slowly and I feel like we didn’t move at all. I quickly cycle it fast.

“Yah… What are you doing?” he asks while trying to keep us balance.

“I’m trying to pedal harder so we can go faster.” I say while keep cycling faster and harder.

“Pedal harder, but can you not sway left and right?”

“Oh… Okay… Hehehe…” I say while trying to not sway too much. You know because I need to pedal harder I need to pedal the bicycle with all my body or we won’t move. I am not thin but I am not strong enough to move the bicycle with two people on it with just a little strength. So that’s why I move all my body to pedal harder hehehe.

“Yah! Stop swaying or we will fall.” Shout Jiyong when he manages to make us not fall when we are turning left.

“Ooppps I am sorry.” I say.

“Just let me pedal on my own. Just sit back. I won’t let you make us fall.” He says.

“Huh? Oh… ne…” I say while stop pedalling.

Because Jiyong said he will be the one who pedal, I decided to just enjoy the scenery while making some comment, hope he will comment and talk to me. But he just replies it with “Hmmm…” or just some incoherent words that I sometimes don’t understand.

While looking at the scenery, I look at some couples who sit on the grass or benches with their bicycle park near. They talk to each other. Sit very close with each other. Enjoy the snack. And do what couples do in park.

Ah…. I chose the right place.” I say on my mind while smiling.

“Why are you smiling and laughing on your own?” Jiyong asks suddenly.

“Huh?” I ask.

“What are you thinking that makes you smiling and laughing like crazy people?” he asks while side looking at me.

“Ah… Nothing hehehe.” I answer.

“Stupid ahjumma.” Mumble Jiyong while smirking.

“Huh? What did you say?” I ask when I can’t hear what he said.

“No. Nothing.”

After 30 minutes cycling through all the side of the park, we decided to rest near a beautiful pond on the centre of the park. And near it, some food stands open.

“Wah…. Tteokbokki!!!” I said happily while pointing to the tteokbokki stand after get off from the bicycle while Jiyong park our bicycle.

“Do you want it?” he asks after park the bicycle.

“Ne.” I say while jumping and nodding.

“Okay wait here then. I will buy it.” He says while walking to the tteokbokki stand.

“Ne.” I reply while searching for a place for us to sit.

After a few minutes, Jiyong’s back with a cup of tteokbokki, a cup of sundae (blood sausage) and a cup of odeng (fishcake).

“Woahhh… so many….” I say when Jiyong sit beside me and put all the cup bowls.

Jal mok get seum ni da.” I say while digging on the tteokbokki first.

“Hmmm… Jal mok get seum ni da.” he says while digging on the tteokbokki too.

“Eh? Isn’t this is mine?” I ask.

“What? What do you mean?” he asks.

“Isn’t this is mine?” I say while pointing toward the three bowls.

“Huh? Who says they are yours?”

“Huh? Aren’t you buying it for me?”

“Who said I buying all of this for YOU?”

“You said I just need to wait here. So I thought you will buy this for me.”

“Yes I said that but I don’t buy it for you but for US.”

“Ne?”

“What?”

“For us?” I ask with bulging eyes.

“Yes.” He says while digging on the sundae now.

“You mean I sharing with you?” I ask again.

“Ne. I buy all this enough for us. Or it is not enough?” he asks while digging on the odeng now.

“Yes it’s not enough…. Eh I mean it’s enough. Hehehe.” I say while smiling.

“Then ppalli mogo! Or I will eat all of this alone.” He says.

“Yah! Don’t you dare finish all of them alone.” I say while digging quickly.

And then we are like crazy kids who are fighting for food.

After 10 minutes.

“Ah…. I am full…” I say while patting my tummy.

“Thank you for the food.” I say again while smiling to Jiyong.

“You’re welcome.” He replies.

After that we somehow just keep silent but it’s not awkward. We are just enjoying the view and looking for couples, elders and kids who are eating, talking and playing with each other.

“What are you thinking? You’re smiling by yourself.” Jiyong asks after a few minutes.

“Well… I was thinking that I should thank those group of gangsters.” I reply while smiling.

Jiyong looks at me and laugh a little, hearing my answer. So I just smile back.

“If it weren’t for you, I suppose I would never be chased by gangsters.”

“Ah…” I say.

“Before I met you, I never knew what getting into trouble was. I rarely got upset and worried before. But… lately… I’ve been getting awfully concerned with gains and losses.”

“Ah… I guess… I really am a bad luck to you.” I sad sadly. Gone away my happy moment now.

“Right.” He says while nodding.

“Eh?” I say with bulging eyes.

“Back then… I was reluctant and would avoid things, but I’m used to it now. What I used to think were impossible, are actually possible. It has been pretty fun.” He says while looking forward and smiling.

“It has been fun? So you like it?” I ask while looking at him.

“I realized, you broke down a lot of my walls.” He says while looking at me.

So he means he said he is having fun with me?” I ask on my mind while smiling.

“Getting used to you… was something beyond my control.” He says again when he gets nothing from me.

“So… you don’t dislike me, right?” I ask.

“I’ve never disliked you. It’s just that I don’t know how to handle you sometimes.” He says.

“I like you, I really do! Although my grades aren’t so good and I’m not very pretty either. Not to mention my cooking skills. But I’m willing to work hard, no matter what it is that I have to do.” I say while looking at him with serious face.

“Really?”

“Yes!”

“Everything?”

“Everything.”

“Okay then. I’m happy that you’re willing to become a talented girl form me. Will wait for it then.” He says while getting up and walking to where he parks our bicycle.

“Eh???” I say while turning back looking at him.

“Are you saying that… I have a chance?” I ask while running after him.

But he doesn’t reply and just smile at me while preparing the bicycle for us to ride again.

I know with just his smile I think he will give me a chance.

“Let’s go.” He says.

“Hmm… Jiyong… Can I sit in front this time?” I ask before he manages to sit on the front.

“Are you sure?”

“Ne. Can I?” I ask with puppy eyes.

“But the road is pretty rough. Are you sure you can manage?” he asks again.

“They look fine. I can do it.” I reply after looking around toward the path.

“Really?”

“Yes.”

“Okay then.” He says while letting me to sit in the front.

“Yes!” I say while sit in the front.

“Are you ready?” I ask while looking back.

“Yes.”

“Okay… Let’s go!!!” I say while begin to cycling.

After 15 minutes

“See? I am pretty good at cycling, right?” I ask. Without me noticing, Jiyong sometimes help me pedalling so it’s not too hard for me. But I don’t notice because when I side looking at him he always pretends to just sit back. But actually he helps me cycling.

“Ne you are not bad.” He replies. Without I know he smirks at me.

“Oh look… There’s a lake… I think we can go boating there. Let’s try it Jiyong.” I say while cycling faster to reach the lake.

“What? Yah! Careful!” he says.

When we arrive at the lake I see some couple who are going to ride the boat and begin to boating.

“Look Jiyong. We can rent the boat. Let’s try it!” I say while quickly getting off and let Jiyong to park our bicycle.

“Yah! Don’t get off so suddenly!” he shouts while trying to balance himself.

“Ahjussi! How much to rent the boat?” I ask when I see an ahjussi near where all the boats are anchor.

“Hmm… For you pretty lady I will just charge you for 1500 won.” Ahjussi says.

“Woah gomabseubnida ahjussi.” I say while getting my wallet from my backpack. But when I open it I got shocked and sad. I forget I already use all my money before. Stupid Dara. When I try to say that I can’t rent it and maybe I will rent it next time, I see Jiyong giving the money to ahjussi.

“Thank you young man. Your boyfriend?” ahjussi asks me with a smile.

“Ah… Hmm…. We…” I stutter, I can’t answer ahjussi’s question.

“Ah so many young couples here. I miss going on date with my wife too. I think I will go home faster hehehe. Enjoy your ride.” Ahjussi says while showing us the boat we will ride on.

“Thank you ahjussi.” We say.

“You’re welcome.” Ahjussi says while pushing the boat so our boat can go.

After 10 minutes

“Look Jiyong there is swan.” I say while pointing towards swans group.

“Hmmm…” he says while keep rowing.

“Ohhhh look… They make fake decorations too. It’s so beautiful.” I say again.

“Yeah…” he says.

Oh God… I am so happy. Do I already spend all my one-year lucky charm for this moment? But I am so happy now. It’s enough for me.

After 20 minutes

“Yah, do you know?” Jiyong suddenly says.

“Ne?” I ask while smiling.

“This lake is very well-known as a cursed lake. This lake can make couple break up while boating like this.”

“What?”

“A God who protect this lake feel jealous to all the happy couple here. So he tries to make all the couple broke up.”

“What??? Why didn’t you say anything about this earlier Jiyong?” I ask with bulging eyes.

“You didn’t ask. And I just suddenly remember about it.” He says while smirking.

“Yah!!! Andwae!!! Let’s go back!!!” I shout.

“We are almost arrive to the place where the God is.” He says.

“Andwaeeeeee!!” I shout while getting up.

“Babo don’t stand up!” Jiyong shout while getting up quickly.

The boat swayed and suddenly we fell into the lake.

-----------------------------------

“I am sorry.” I say when we already get out from the lake and now sitting on the bench near the lake.

“You are really….” Jiyong says while taking off his cap and his shirt and try to drying them by squeeze them and hanging them on the edge of the bench.

“I am really sorry.” I say again while bowing my head.

“The sun still up hope it will help them dry.” Jiyong says.

“But… In an hour it will be sunset already.” I say.

“I know.” He replies.

“Ah…. Actually, I buy a shirt for you.” I say while quickly get the shirt bag from my backpack.

“Luckily it didn’t get wet…... Here… You can use it… This is for you… I bought this because I thought it would look nice on you.” I say while giving him the shirt bag.

“When did you buy it?” he asks.

“While I was following you today.” I say. And he replies with little laugh.

“You wear it first.” He says after a while.

“What? Me?” I ask.

“You don’t like it?” I ask again with a sad face while looking at the shirt bag.

“You’re all wet too. Wear it now and give it to me when we’re home.” He says.

“Ah…. Ne…. I will change first okay?” I say while getting up.

“Hmm…” he says.

-------------------------------------------------

 

(This is how Dara looks like but of course the shirt is for guy so it's a little bigger and don't have curve like this. Forget the stick and the hat okay ^^)

 

“I am done.” I say when I arrive at the benches.

“Wait here. I will go somewhere first.” Jiyong says while getting up.

“Ne?” I ask while turning back.

“Just wait here.”

“Okay.” I say while sitting on the bench and playing with my phone. Luckily both of us use a waterproof casing for our phone. Or else it will be ruined now.

After 15 minutes

Suddenly someone throw a package toward me but luckily I manage to catch it.

“What?” I ask while looking up.

“Jiyong?” I say when I see Jiyong walking and sitting beside me.

“Our dinner.” He says while opening another package that contain our drinks.

“Wah… Hamburger??? Yeahhh!!” I say while opening and taking the burger from the package.

“You can’t go around looking like that so I buy our dinner.” He says.

“Ah… I see… Thank you.” I say while opening the burger’s package.

Jal mok get seum ni da” we say while enjoying our burger and cola.

“Woahhh yummy….” I shout when I take the first bite.

“I can go buy another if you are still hungry.” He says while taking his third bite.

“No it’s okay. It’s enough. After all we already had snacks before too.” I say.

“Okay then… Don’t get mad at me when your stomach goes crazy asking for foods okay?” he says while smirking.

“I won’t.” I say while looking at him and showing him my tongue.

I hope time stops at this time.” I say while keep looking at him.

“What?” he asks suddenly.

“Ne?”

“Why are you looking at me and smiling like that?” he asks without looking at me.

Heol!!! Does he have a third eyes on the side of his head? How can he know that I am looking and smiling at him?

“No I am not!” I say while quickly turning my head and look forward.

“Yes you were.” He says.

“You should be sad and sorry you know. After what you did to us.” He says again.

“…………….. I am sorry.” I say and stop eating while bowing my head.

“I am really such a bad luck for you. I am sorry.” I say while bowing my head toward him.

“Yes you are. But like I said before I already get used to it.” He says while stop eating too.

“Hmm….”

“Since you gave me your first love letter and move to my house until now, I never have my calm days anymore. Thinking about it, maybe you are really a challenge for me. That’s why I said I try so hard to run away from you because I don’t know how to handle you. But this feels so fun at the same time too. So many things that I never had before but I experienced it now with you. Like the accident now. I never fell to a lake because of some myth.” He says.

“A myth??? You mean it’s not true????” I ask with bulging eyes.

“Yes it’s not. I just joke with you.” He says while laughing a little.

“Yah!! How can you do that…” I say while pouting.

“But like I said because of you, I experience another fun moment. A very challenging moment but fun.” He says.

“Challenging? You mean me?” I ask.

“Ne.”

“So you will face me?”

“Right.”

“So you mean, you are really trying hard to run away from me but you change your intention.” I say while trying to understand all of his word now and before.

“You are just thinking it now? I thought you already understand.” He says. But I don’t hear it because I am busy understanding his words. Jiyong continue digging his burger when I am thinking.

“Are you proposing to me now??!” I ask suddenly.

“What?” Jiyong said while throw his food that already in his mouth because shock. And he quickly drinks because he is choked.

“Your response is too much. What I mean is not like that. How can you think so long and end up at a conclusion like that?” he says.

“Ne?” I ask.

“I mean; I don’t mind living under the same roof as you.” He explains.

“Ah I see… You mean like that hahahaha.” I say when I understand it now.

“You are really stupid… But I don’t hate you okay.” He says.

“I see. Okay. Thank you Jiyong…” I say.

After that we continue enjoying our burger and cola when suddenly I realize the sunset.

“Look Jiyong sunset!” I say while pointing to the sunset.

“Hmm…” he says while looking at it.

“So beautiful….” I say while looking at the sunset and enjoying my burger.

-----------------------------------------

 

AUTHOR POV

While Dara and Jiyong enjoying their date. Choiza and Sulli enjoy their date too. Forced date if you can say. Choiza manage to ask Sulli to have a date and have dinner together. Sulli want to say no to Choiza but Jiyong already left him, and even she doesn’t want to, Choiza manage to save her before so she thought this is what she can do to reply him.

“Wow to have dinner with you like this feel so real to me.” Choiza says.

“This is real you know.” Sulli says.

“Ah you are right hahaha… Enjoy your meal Sulli.” Choiza says.

“You too.” Sulli says while looking around to the ramen shop full of elder couple who eats.

“I always come here when I feel lonely and broken (no money). The ahjumma serve the best ramen with cheap price here so I enjoy this.” Choiza says.

“I see.” Sulli says.

She never had ramen at a place like this. She is born to a wealthy family so she always has her food at an expensive restaurant. She always wants to try to has her food at a place like this and have snack at food street but her parents always forbid her. And her first try on this place is not bad like she thought. She enjoyed it.

 

To Jaejoong’s Place

“What are we doing here all the time hyung???” ask Jaejoong to Kush.

“We are searching for Dara right?” he asks back.

“But we are just here and watching all the movie…. Where the part we are searching for Dara?” Jae ask.

“We don’t know what time and what movie they are having right. So it’s better we watch all of them and maybe we will meet them.” Kush explains.

“But….” Jae says.

“Ah…. I feel better. All the movies are awesome, aren’t they Jae?” ask Kush.

“I don’t know. I don’t watch it. I am busy looking around trying to find Dara and I always get out to see if maybe Dara just come in.” Jae says.

“Yah! How can you don’t watch it?”

“That’s not the important one here…. Dara…. Where are you????” Jae says.

 

Back to Jiyong and Dara’s

“Let’s go home.” Jiyong says while getting up when they already finish their dinner and finish enjoying the sunset.

“Ne.” Dara says while getting up.

“Will you be okay getting on the bus looking like that?” he asks while looking up and down at her.

“Huh? Why not?” she asks while looking up and down at herself.

“Do I look weird in this?” she asks when Jiyong doesn’t respond.

“Not at all. This is how Sandara Park is. But here. Use this around your waist to cover your below.” Jiyong says while giving his shirt.

“Thank you.” Dara says while tying the shirt on her waist.

“Done. Are you sure I don’t look dumb?” Dara ask to Jiyong.

“No.” he says but trying to cover his laugh.

“Yah you are laughing!” Dara says while pointing at him.

“No I am not!” he says while showing a serious face.

“Are you sure?” Dara ask again while piercing her eyes.

“Your stupidity and attire are two different things.” He says.

“Yah! You never have anything nice to say.” She glares at him.

“Let’s go.”

They are on the way to leave the park when suddenly they hear a dog’s bark.

“Hey do you hear it?” ask Dara.

“Sshh…” say Jiyong while walking toward the place where the sound coming. Dara following behind.

“It’s a dog.” Dara shouts when they see a small box with a small golden retriever dog around 1 month old.

“A dog abandoned by its owner.” Jiyong says while bending down to pick the small dog.

But without Jiyong realize, Dara already walking away slowly from him.

“How adorable.” Jiyong says when he already picks up the dog and face it to his face.

But because he doesn’t hear Dara’s comment he turn around to his side and looking Dara already going back to the bench they sit before but now she is behind it.

“Yah? What are you doing there? ………… Are you scared of dogs?” Jiyong ask while smirking when he realize what Dara’s doing.

“What?? Not at all… ……………. I love them. Also, I love little animals the most.” Dara says while pretending to not scared of the small dog.

“Are you sure?” he asks while smirking more.

“Ne.” she says while nodding and trying to smile.

“If you love it, why don’t we take it back home?” Jiyong asks while petting the small dog.

“What?” ask Dara with bulging eyes.

“Let’s go.” Jiyong says while walking out of the park and returning the bicycle to the place they rent. (He put the dog on the basket on the bicycle while he walks beside and just steer the bicycle from beside him)

NO WAY!!!! Am I going to live together with a dog in the same house??? Dear God!!! I’ve been traumatized ever since a dog bit my leg when I was younger. I’m doomed.

“Let’s go.” Jiyong says again when he sees Dara not following behind.

“Ah ne…” Dara says while following but keep enough space to not be near the small dog.

---------------------------------------

“Jiyong… Are we really going to bring it home?” Dara ask after they return the bicycle and now on the way to the bus station.

“Ne. Where else? ………. I thought you love dogs.” he asks.

“Ah…… Ne……” Dara says not sure with what she need to replies.

“Let’s go quickly before we miss the bus.” He says.

“Ne.” Dara says while following Jiyong behind with limping shoulder.

 

At The Kwon Residence

“What a cute dog.” Eunju says while petting the small dog Jiyong and Dara brought home. While Seungri and Hyunsuk looking at the dog that is on Eunju’s lap.

“Are you sure it doesn’t have an owner?” ask Eunju.

“Ne omma I am sure. We checked at the animal clinic before we go home. There’s no microchip or any things that show it’s owned, so it must have been abandoned.” Jiyong explains.

“That’s great! You’re now a part of our family!” Eunju says.

“What we should call it?” ask Hyunsuk while looking at his wife playing with the dog.

“How about Gaho?” ask Jiyong.

“Gaho? I like it hyung.” Seungri says.

“Gaho then… Gaho... Gaho…” Eunju says.

“Come here Gaho… Come to me…” says Seungri calling for the dog. Like the dog is smart he quickly jumps down from Eunju laps and run to Seungri. Luckily they are seating on the floor so the dog can jump by itself.

“It’s so cute.” Comment Seungri while playing with the dog.

Dara from the kitchen peeking and looking to where Kwon’s family sit. She just walks out from the kitchen with snacks that auntie ask her to bring from the kitchen. She walks slowly while trying to locate where the dog is. She walks fast pass Seungri and the dog and quickly place the snacks on the table while quickly sit far away from the dog, beside Hyunsuk.

But suddenly before she manages to sit beside Hyunsuk, Gaho jumps out from Seungri’s lap and running toward Dara. Dara panick and quickly running around, circling Kwon’s family while Gaho chasing behind her.

“Hahahaha…” laughing all Kwon’s family looking at Dara who are standing on the chair trying to chase away Gaho with her hands from above.

“Gaho seems to like Dara.” Hyunsuk says.

“Yes, it keeps following her around.” Eunju says.

“Come over here Gaho.” Calls Jiyong when he notices Dara’s panic face and looks like want to cry. And luckily Gaho turn around and running toward Jiyong.

“Don’t get too close to Dara, Gaho. She gets scared.” Says Jiyong while picking up Gaho.

“What? Dara is scared of dogs?” ask Eunju.

“Hahahaha stupid Dara ahjumma is scared of dogs.” Seungri says while laughing.

“Omma appa… Can we talk later before you go to bed?” Jiyong ask suddenly.

“Huh? Talk about what son?” ask Eunju.

“I will tell you later.” Jiyong says.

“Okay then.” Eunju says.

------------------------------------------------

“What do you want to talk about son?” ask Eunju.

“Omma…. Appa… I am moving out…” Jiyong says.

 

 

 

 

NB:

Ppalli mogo: Eat fast

Gomabseubnida: thank you

Andwae: no way

Heol: a korean slang term used to show surprise or disappointment

 

Chapter 34 done!! How is the first date my readers? Hope you all like it XD

Please leave comments, subscribe and upvote if you like the story :) Btw thanks for my 9 new subscribers (baliwww011295, aura_rgg, sunsetchaeser, sylvia15, Aledzurcneelie, KeyZee, Heyfangurl, giesxxi, and cjal_12).

And thank you for your upvote, aura_rgg. Thank you very much.