Chap 23 - The Second Meet

It Started With A Kiss

Chapter 23 is here. Happy reading everyone!! (Note: sentence in pink colour is Dara’s inner voice)

_______________________________________________________________________________________

 

At Kwon Residence

SANDARA’S POV

“Aaaawww auwww auntieee auwwww.. Stoppp….” I 'm whining at auntie while she treat my nose.

“Stay still sweetie. I must treat you if you want your nose heal. Just endure it for a moment sweetie and I promise it will be better later. Come look at me again and let me treat you.” persuade auntie.

“But auntie it hurts so much. I feel my head spinning now…” I say while massaging my head.

“I will be gentle sweetie. You must get it treated or it will be worse. Of course you feel like that. You got hit in the nose sweetie of course you will get headache. Just take the medicine that I prepare later and get some rest, I promise it will be better tomorrow. Ahh and don’t forget to compress your nose with this okay sweetie?” explain auntie more while treating my nose.

“Are you okay Dara?” ask Dad.

“I am not Daaaddd.. Hu hu hu hu (sound of crying) what am I gonna do Dad? I will be ugly… hu hu hu hu…” cry me.

“You are already ugly you know. You mean you will be uglier?” mock Seungri.

“YAHHHH.. What do you say???” I say while turning around to Seungri.

“That is the truth. UGLY NOONAAA…. hahahahhah. right hyung?”

I look at Jiyong and wait for his answer. I hope he defend me again this devil dongsaeng.

But my pray always stay as just a pray. Jiyong smirk while looking at me and just continue reading his book. I hope so much in him but it will be just happen in my dream. Nooo maybe it will not be happen in my dream too. Hu hu hu hu hu hu. STUPID JIYONGGGG!!!

“Seungriii!!! Don’t say like that! Your Dara Noona is pretty. You must be happy to know her and leave with her you know.” say auntie defending me.

“Who say that I am happy to live with her? That is just your imagination omma.” say Seungri softly but enough to let me hear him.

“What? Do you say something Seungri?” ask auntie.

“Huh? No omma. I am going to finish my homework. Good night omma.” say Seungri while going up to his room.

“Okay adeul. Good night and sweet dream. Love you.” say auntie.

“Love you too omma.” reply Seungri.

“Dara you should rest too. And I think maybe you should skip practice tomorrow.” say auntie while cleaning up the medicine tools.

“I can’t auntie. The club makes new members adhere strictly to attendance. It’s all right auntie. I am strong. I’ll get used to it soon.” I say while cheering up myself.

“You’re a girl, so don’t overdo it sweetie.” say auntie with worried eyes.

“Ne auntie. I promise I will get rest if I am tired or feel unwell.” I assure auntie.

Without I know. Dad is looking at me with worried eyes too.

 

At Park Restaurant (The Next Day)

AUTHOR POV

Teddy Park is preparing some appetizers for the dinner shift. Park Restaurant is open for 3 shifts a day. It is breakfast shift, lunch shift and dinner shift. Every shift have different kind of menu, that’s why they don’t open in continue times but in shift times so they can have time for preparing the foods.

Teddy is busy preparing the appetizers while thinking about Dara. After what happen yesterday to Dara, he feels there is something wrong but he doesn’t know what it is. Busy thinking and preparing, Teddy doesn’t realize Jaejoong already standing in front of him while waving his hand to get Teddy’s attention.

“Boss? Boss???”

“Oh.. Jae?? What’s wrong?”

“Are you alright Boss? You look stress.”

“I am alright Jae. By the way, what is wrong? Do you need help?”

“No problem Boss. Just want to ask what should I prepare first?”

“Ohh you can prepare for the same menu like what we had this last Monday.”

“Okay Boss.” Jae replies while walking back to the kitchen.

“Wait Jae!”

“Ne boss?”

“You have a day job at the university, right?”

“Yes.”

“How’s Dara doing at college?”

“Well… I don’t see her at class. But from what I see when I see her at the cafeteria or when I see her walking to the next class, I think there’s not much different from when she was in high school.”

“How could she not be different? She’s at that age now afterall. I mean… like… I meannn.. you know… having a boyfriend?”

“Ohhhhhh.. boyfriend??? It won’t happen boss. I'll make sure Dara is safe and I always stay on my guard so nobody tries to bother her.”

“Hmmmm…. then.. what about Jiyong?”

“Jiyong?? hahahaha.. Boss… Don’t worry about that. Especially from that guy. I’ll protect Dara from the clutches of that devil. Besides, it seems they don’t even use the same class buildings at college. They seem to be even more distant from each other than they were in high school. What can I say? Maybe justice is on my side hahahhahah.” explain Jae while do some victory pose.

“Hmmm I see…… Hmmm Jae…..”

“Yes boss?”

“Could you deliver a message for me?”

 

The Next Day At Campus Cafetaria

“Are you alright Dara? I think your nose become more swollen than yesterday. Did you apply the medicine?” ask Bom worriedly.

“More swollen?? Are you sure Bom???? Ohhh my goooddddd… My nooosseeeeee…..” cry Dara.

“Let me see it Dara.” say Minzy while trying to inspect Dara’s nose.

“Yahhh.. Be careful… It hurts…” say Dara when Minzy touch her nose.

“Hahahha I can’t stop laughing from yesterday Dara.. When you told us about two days ago on your first club activities hahahhahaha. So hilarious.. Even I got a dream about it yesterday ahhahahahha. But the different is I am the one who beat and hit you in the nose hahahhahahahahhaha.” say Bom while laughing.

“YAHHH!! PARK BOM!! Aren’t you my bestfriend???” ask Dara angrily while hitting Bom’s arm.

“Stop Dara. She just teasing you hahahaha. I heard Yonsei’s tennis club is extremely athletic-oriented. It’s too intense for most newcomers, so by the end of the year, only two or three of them stay.” say Minzy.

“Ehhh… Is that true Minzy?? Are you sure you can keep this up, Dara?” ask Bom.

“I… I don’t knowww Boommmmmm… I 'm doing this just to be near Jiyongggg…” whine Dara.

“Are you sure?” ask Bom again.

“I am sure Bom. This is just the way so I can be near him Bom. After all we are attending different course and the only way that  can make me near him is to join the same club with him. Soo…. I will stick with it. Fighting!” Dara replies while cheering herself.

“Just quit already!” say Jae from Dara’s behind while bringing some container with him.

“Jae?” ask Dara while turning around.

“Here here here..” say Jae while put the food plate from the container to Dara’s front.

“Woahhhh a cakeeeee…” say Bom enthusiactically.

“Jae.. Only Dara who get the cake??? No fair!” complain Minzy.

“Don’t protest. This is my special. So only Dara can eat it.” reply Jae while showing his tongue out.

“No fair!” shouted Minzy and Bom.

“Okay stop. Move Minzy. I want to sit here.” say Jae while pushing Minzy to move to other chair while Jae sit on Minzy seat beside Dara.

“This is  my special Cake. It calls Love Cake. Come on Dara try it.” say Jae.

“Thank you Jae.” reply Dara while slicing the cake.

“Dara..” say Jae.

“Hmm?” reply Dara while keep slicing the cake to make it into four pieces.

“Just quit this tennis thing. It’s not worth it, injuring your pretty face over.” say Jae.

“I can’t do that Jae. I’ve already joined, so I want to stick with it.” reply Dara while pushing the cake slice one to Minzy and one to Bom.

“But.. Dara..” say Jae. But before he finish what he want to say, Dara interrupt him.

“My Dad always taught me that I shouldn’t quit things halfway. So I 've decided I will keep do this.” reply Dara while looking at Jae now.

“Daraa….. You are so braveeee….” say Jae while crying.

“Hahaha why are you crying Jae hahaha.” say Dara.

“Ohhh yeahhh.. Your Dad has a message for you.” say Jae suddenly with a serious face like he didn’t cry before.

“Dad?” ask Dara.

“Ne. He wants you to come to Park restaurant tonight.” explain Jae more.

“Eh? What for?” Dara ask.

“I don’t know. He just said he wants to talk to you.” reply Jae.

“Ah I see. Okay then. Tell Dad I will come after my part time job.” say Dara.

“Okay I will tell him. C’mon, try the cake now Dara.” reply Jae.

“Okay.” reply Dara.

But when they both look at the place, it is already empty. Jae look at Bom and Minzy’s plate and already saw the last two cake on their plate.

“Yahhhh!! How can you eat it. It’s my special cake for Dara!! YAHHHH!!!” shouted Jae while trying to take Bom and Minzy’s plate.

“Yahhhh!!! My cakeeee!!” shout Bom while defending her plate.

“Yah this is my food how dare you take it from me.” say Minzy while pushing Jae’s hand from her plate.

“YAHHH!!” shouted Jae.

 

Tennis Club Court (notes: the tennis club activity is hold every Monday, Wednesday, and Friday at 5 P.M after all the class times end. The activity lasts for one hour. But every Friday the activity will be lasts for 2 hours.)

“What are you all doing??? Are you a turtle??? Come on do it right! One! Two! Three! Four! Yahhh!!! Do it right!!” shouted Choiza to all the Tennis member while they are doing squat jump.

“DON’T SLACK OFF AND REPEAT AFTER ME! ONE! TWO! THREE! FOUR! FIVE!” continue Choiza while they keep doing their best unless their face already showing tiredness.

“Drop the hips more! Jump higher!” shouted Choiza more.

“Neee!!” reply everyone.

“You guys just don’t have enough spirit. We don’t need guys like you in our tennis club! You should just quit! You want to quit??!” ask Choiza.

“We won’t quit…” reply everyone while keep doing their best.

“Do 20 squat jump more and you can take a break after it. Do you understand??” command Choiza.

“Ne…” reply they.

“After 3 minutes break do 50 sit ups and run for 5 laps. Do you understand???” shouted Choiza that shock us.

“Eh??????????” complain us.

“What??? DON’T COMPLAIN! Or do you want to have a rest for only 1 minute????!!”

“Noooo… Thank you Choiza sunbaenim.”

 

SANDARA’S POV

This is a tennis club? We’re just repeating the basics for almost 30 minutes. And I thought Jiyong and Sulli joined, but they’re not here. What’s going on?while I keep doing the sit up.

I keep doing my best to do the sit ups until suddenly a ball come hitting my cheek. Luckily it is not a fast ball, or I will be end up having a definitely ugly face. After all, my nose hasn't heal completely, I shouldn’t add more injury or auntie and Dad will go crazy. I try to look at the direction where the ball that hit me came. But what shock me is....

“Sorry Sandara. Can you toss it back.” say Sulli.

“Eh??? Just a second.” I reply while trying to stand up and pick the ball to give it to Sulli. But by the way, why I should do what she say??? ahh… never mind…

“What are you doing? Aren’t you a newcomer?? Why are you hitting balls on the court and not doing some basic thing with us?” I ask while giving the ball back to Sulli.

“Oh you didn’t know?” ask Sulli while taking the ball from my hand.

“What I don’t know?”

“Yonsei’s tennis club values ability first. Newcomers who passed the practice test two days ago are allowed to practice on the court.” explain Sulli with a smirk on her face.

“Oh??? Really?? Soooo… is Jiyong there too?”

“Eh??? You don’t know it too??? Are you sure you are living together with him?? I guess your relationship with him isn't as I think before. Jiyong gets even more special treatment.”

“That’s…”

“He joined on the condition that he can come when he pleases, and only tournaments are mandatory.” explain Sulli more before I can explain to her. But actually I don’t know what to say too.

“Eh??? You’re kidding…. Sooo… he won’t even come to practice?”

“That’s right.”

“Anddd… by the way how can you know I live with him?” I ask quietly, afraid that others will hear me.

“Jiyong told me.”

“Eh????”

“Okay thanks for the ball Dara. I am going back to the court.” she replies while turning around and walk to the court to play again.

Ehhhhhhhh…. Jiyong told her about us living together???? Do they really close enough like that?????? He even told me before that nobody can know about this problem and yet he told Sulli by himself????? eh??????????????? And the worst is he don’t come to the tennis club for playing???? Thennnn what did I join the tennis club for then??????????I scream on my mind while looking at Sulli playing.

“SANDARA PARKKK!!! STOP GOOFING OFF!” shouted Choiza that I don’t realize he already stand behind me.

“Ne..” I reply sadly.

“Do 100 laps on the ground as punishment!” shouted Choiza more.

 

At the Chicken Restaurant

(notes:Sandara still work part time at the chicken restaurant. At first she intends to quit the job after she goes to University. She thought it will be busy on the university to keep do part time job. But when she sees ahjumma has so many customers and more customers on the night that make ahjumma and his grandson can’t handle that, she decided not to quit. And the most important too his grandson just occasionally helps her when he can. So Dara stay work on the Chicken Restaurant. But because of university and her club activity, she just work after class, from 5.30 P.M until 10 P.M, but when she has the club activity she works after the activity done until 10 P.M. She works full time on Saturday and she has holiday on Sunday. Ahjumma said that Dara needs rest too because she doesn’t want Dara to be hospitalized because of too much work. At first Dara want to protest it but after ahjumma convince that her grandson can help her on Sunday, Dara agree with her.)

“Ahjummaaa….”

“Omooo Dara… What happen?” ahjumma says while walking toward me,”

“Nothing ahjumma.”

“What is nothing dear? You walk like turtle have a back pain. It’s definitely something wrong dear.”

“Hahahaha what are you talking about ahjumma hahahaha. Turtle have a back pain? Hahahaha. It’s nothing ahjumma. Just a little muscle pain.” I say while massaging my back slowly.

“From the tennis activities?” ahjumma ask worriedly while helping me to sit. Luckily the restaurant is not too crowded so there is nothing to do now.

“Yes ahjumma.”

“Then what are you doing here? Just go home and have some rest.”

“Ehhh… You don’t want me here ahjumma?????? Hu hu hu hu hu.. (I pretending to sob). You are so cruel ahjumma. I am not wanted anymore because I am like this. With swollen nose and a back pain.. Hu hu hu hu hu hu hu..”

“No dear.. It’s not like that. I just want you to have some rest so you don’t have to help me today. Just get better fast then help me. What are you gonna help while you are looking like that?? Definitely you just can make trouble with body like that then helping me.” explain ahjumma.

“Ahjummmaaaaaa…. I can do it. I can help with just write down the order and help at the cashier. Let me work ahjumma. In no time the restaurant will be crowded and no one can help you. So just let me help with that. Okay?”

“But dear..”

“No more but.. Look there's a customer.. Come on ahjumma get back to kitchen and let me greet them… Shuu shuuu shuuu.” I say while pushing ahjumma to the kitchen.

“Welcome sir. For how many person?” I ask the guy who just come.

“One person please. And can I sit near the window?” the guy reply.

“Yes sir you can. This way please.” I say while showing him the way to the table near the window with the best view outside. I try my best to walk normally but that is too hard to do now. I just pray this guy will not question my attitude and assume that I want to mock him.

“Thank you.” he says when we already arrive at the seat.

“What do you want to order sir?”

“What do you recommend?” he asks me back.

“Hmmm… How about our spicy crispy Korean fried chicken? That is our speciality. You can choose the level of spicy too. And you can choose what do you want to combine it. We have plain rice, fried rice, jajangmyun, ramen, and bibimbap too.”

“Hmm okay I will take it then. And I will just have fried rice with it.”

“Okay sir. Wait for 10 minute and I will be back with your food. Thank you.” I say while smiling. I am about to turn back when suddenly he says something.

“You really love to have accident huh?” he says while laughing a little.

“Eh??? What do you mean? Do I know you?” I ask with a confuse face.

“You don’t remember me?” ask the guy back.

“Sorry have we met before?” I ask again while trying to think who this guy must be.

“The last time I met you when you have an accident. And now I see you are not in a good condition too.” he says while looking at me from up and down.

“Accident?? Huh?? What do you mean?” I ask with a more confused face. I still don’t know who this guy might be. An accident? What does he mean?

“Seoul University? Do you remember it?” he ask me more while keep smiling and laughing slightly.

“Seoul University??? ………………………………………… AHHHHHHHHHH… The one who hit me with a motorcycle?? Leee… Lee… Lee….” I say when I remember this guy but I don’t remember his name.

“Lee Donghae. Yes I am that guy. Sorry again for that accident. I think you must be recover from that accident. Why are you still looking like this?” he says while pertaining to my condition now.

“Ahhh yes Lee Donghae. No its okay. After all it happens by accident. You don’t want to hit me deliberately. So it’s okay. And yes I already recover. I want to thank you again to you for not leaving and running away. Thanks for helping me before and pay my bill.” I say while bowing to him with so much difficulty because of my back pain.

“No need to .. hmm.. “ he says while prevent me to bow.

“Dara… Sandara Park.. My name is Sandara Park.” I say when I realize he doesn’t know my name so he doesn’t know what to call me.

“Ah Sandara Park… I see.. No need to thanks me Sandara-ssi. That is my responsibility to help you when I am the one who hit you.” he replies.

“Ah thank you Donghae-ssi. And you can just call me Dara. No need to be formal. Just call me Dara. It is too weird to hear someone call me Sandara-ssi. Hehehehe.” I reply while smiling.

“Okay then Dara. And you can call me Donghae too. No need to be formal when I call you informal too.” he replies while smiling back at me.

“Eh.. I can’t do that. I think you are older than me. So I need to be formal with you. That is so rude for me if I just call you by name.” I reason with him.

“Then call me Donghae oppa?” he ask while smiling.

“Oooopppaa??? But….”

“Then if you don’t want I will call you Sandara-ssi too.”

“Noo… Okay then… Donghae oo..oo..oo.. oppa?”

“Hahahah that is better. By the way, even though I am happy to be talking to you more. But I am hungry.” he says suddenly while rubbing his stomach to show me that he is hungry.

“Ohhh my goooddd.. Sorry.. I will take your order to the kitchen now. Please wait a minute Donghae-ssi..”

“EH?? Donghae-ssi….???..”

“Oppss I mean Donghae oppa.”

“Okay then Dara. Take your time. And do you mind to accompany me later. If you are not busy I mean..”

“Okay. I think I can.” I say. Then I am walking to the kitchen to tell ahjumma Donghae oppa’s order.

After 10 minutes.

“Here is your order Sir!” I say while playing to pretend I don’t know him.

“Thank you Mam.” he replies back, playing along with me.

“Take a seat Dara. I think you can accompany me here. After all I see that there is no customer for a moment.

“Okay.” I reply when I see that he is right.

“So what happen to you? Why are you looking like that?” he ask while digging his own food.

“Ah… I am just got a little muscle pain from my club activity. Hahahhaha.”

“Ah I see. What kind of activity you attend to at Seoul University?”

“Seoul Uni? I don’t go to that Uni. I go to Yonsei Uni and I joined Tennis Club hehehe.” I explain to him.

“Ah I see. I thought you go to Seoul Uni because I hit you when you were there. But after all maybe you can’t go to there because the accident. Sorry Dara.” he says while bowing his head to me to show that he is very sorry to me.

“Donghae you are mistaken. It’s not your fault that I am not going to Seoul Uni. I am the one who choose to Yonsei Uni. And after all before the accident I already got accepted on Yonsei.” I explain to him.

“Ah.. Is that so? So why are you at there before?” he ask while continue to eat.

“I just accompanied someone who will go to take a test there.”

“Ah I see. So that’s what happened then. By the way, this is really delicious Dara.” he says when he finishing the last spicy chicken.

“Is it right??? I know it. That is my favourite too. Ahjumma cook the best spicy chicken in here.”

“Don’t flatter me Dara.” ahjumma shouted from the kitchen when she hears me.

“Hahahahaha okay ahjummaaaa.. But that is the truth..” I shouted back.

“Ahjumma?” Donghae ask while looking confused.

“Hahahaha she is the owner of this restaurant.”

“I see. So how much is this Dara? I think I already have to go. I still have something to do that I need to prepare for tomorrow.” he says while taking his wallet from his backpocket.

“No need Donghae. This is on me.” I say while pushing back his wallet.

“Eh?” he asks, looking confused.

“Just think this is my way to return your favour for helping me before.”

“But…”

“No but.. Accept it or not?” I ask while glaring at him.

“Okay then. Thank you Dara. I need to go now. Happy to meet and talk you. See you again soon.” he says while walking to the front door.

“Okay.. See you..” I say without realize what he means with see you again soon. When I realize and want to ask him back. He already gone.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

After help ahjumma closing the restaurant I take taxi to go to Dad’s restaurant. Jae told me before at campus that Dad need to see me. After 10 minutes, I finally arrive.

“Dad!” I call when I enter the restaurant.

“Oh Dara.. You are here.” say Jae when he sees me coming.

“Yah Jae. Who says you can stop cleaning the tables!” shouted Kush ahjussi.

“Ne!! Sorry Dara. I will call your Dad now. I still need something to do.” Jae says.

“Okay Jae. No problem. Thanks.”

After a while Dad comes out from the kitchen. I walk to meet him.

“Why are you walking like that Dara?” ask Dad while looking at me.

“Nothing Dad. Just got a little muscle pain. What did you want to talk about, Dad?” I reply smiling.

“Oh.. Let’s sit there.” Dad replies.

“We’ll be in the private booth, Kush. Just finish cleaning the restaurant with Jae and both of you can go home. I will be the one who close it.” Dad says to Kush ahjussi.

“Ne Boss!” Kush ahjussi replies.

“Oww..” I say while walking to the booth.

“Are you okay?” ask Dad worriedly.

“Yeah. No problem Dad.” I reply.

“Have you eaten Dara?” ask Dad when we already seated.

“Not yet. I think you will be the one who prepare it for me Dad? Isn’t it?” I ask while showing him my puppy eyes.

“Hahahahaha. That’s right. Here you go. Eat it.” says Dad when Kush ahjussi come and deliver the food to the table.

“WOW!!! Looks delicious! Jal mok get seum ni da!” I say while digging in.

“Hmmmm.. Very delicious Dad.. You are the best… Appa jjang!!” I say while giving him my two thumbs up.

“Dara..”

“Hmmm..”

“You don’t even like sports, do you? If you don’t even like it, why are you playing tennis? Are you doing it for Jiyong?”

“What’s this about, all of a sudden?” I ask while eating.

“Listen Dara. It’s been about a year since we moved in with the Kwon family. I’ve given it a lot of thought, and I don’t think it’s right for us to keep relying on their generosity. Sure, Hyunsuk and Eunju treat you extremely well. And to be honest, I, too, thought that you and Jiyong might, in the future, you know…… I’ve thought about that too, but…..”

“Dad…”

“But, I’ve been watching you two for quite a while now, and if Jiyong has no feelings for you whatsoever……. I guess it’s not going to happen.”

I don’t know what I should reply to Dad. I just stay silent and playing with my food while Dad stay silent too after said that and looks like he is thinking about something more.

After a while silent times, Dad finally speaks again.

“Let’s live on our own again Dara. Just you and me. What do you say, Dara?”

 

 

 

NB:

Ahjussi: uncle

Jal mok get seum ni da: enjoy your meal

 

Chapter 23 done!! How is it everyone? I make this chapter so long because I don’t know where I should stop it and just finally stop when I already make it too long. Hope it doesn’t matter to you. Sorry for not updating regularly but I will updating as fast as I can. Hope you enjoy this chapter.

By the way, I found some my old subscriber unsubscribe my story. I am sorry if this story not interests you so much or I give you update for so long. I will try to do my best. Please bear with me. I am still learning to write a more interesting story. Just give me some comments if you have some advice for me. I will be glad to know it.

Please leave comments, subscribe and upvote if you like the story :) Btw thanks for my 22 new subscribers (grazi0uz, purple_crocodile, eidazmz, Auliaask, Nellsxxiii, aqua_rius65, Tonibee, purebroadway43, daragon_vip, skullcha, alejapark, blessolove, wreckedmachine, edz1721, daemone, Cryshine101, Kaeseolin24, billierose20, VictorianFrog, Hyuk58, namibia5th, and Chelle_18).

And I want to say thank you again for your vote, Kaeseolin24. Thank you very much.

Lastly, I want to say thanks for everyone who still subscribe to my story and keep waiting for me . Hope my story doesn’t make you bored ^^.