Chap 18 - Step before New Life

It Started With A Kiss

Chapter 18 is here. Happy reading everyone!!

______________________________________________________________

 

 

SANDARA’S POV

I am now inside my room wrapping Jiyong’s gift. After that I took a bath and prepare myself for dinner with the others. After dinner is finish I go back to my room. I just staring and keep thinking the action that I will do later. I keep debating with myself. Is it really the best way to do. Without my knowing I already spent 3 hours debating and it’s already 1 A.M. After debating for 3 hours I decided to do it.

I change my clothes and pack all the clothes and the things I need to my luggage. After I finish packing I take the gift that I want to give to Jiyong and I come inside his room quietly. I put the gift on the bedside table which is near the door. I can’t move far away because my night blindness, so to not make some ruckus I just place it there. Hope he will find it. After that I go back to my room and take my luggage and the letter that I write before quietly after I finish dinner.

I descend the stairs quietly, make sure that no one will be waking up. I place the letter that is intended to Kwon’s family in the dining room. I look around the house trying to remember everything that is happening to me in here. After that I walk out the house.

“Good bye Jiyong!” I say before completely going out of the Kwon’s residence.

I am walking aimlessly now. I don’t know where I need to go. I just follow my gut feeling. I can’t go to our restaurant because I don’t want to worry Dad. I can’t go to Bom’s house or Minzy’s house too because I will disturbing them and their family. I don’t know where I need to go. I just keep walking and walking. After 15 minutes I begin to feel cold. I already use jacket and scarf but still the cold weather is too much for me. I decided to looking for a motel so I can stay overnight and rest.

I keep walking and walking while looking around and then I find a hotel across the street. Because I already feel so cold without much thinking I across the street quickly. Without I realize the red light is still on and a motorcycle is moving fastly. When I finally hear the horn, I quickly turn my head and realize the motorcycle is heading toward me. I already look it but somehow I can’t move my body. And when the motorcycle is not far away from me, someone pull my arm. I fell on the person’s chest.

“ARE YOU STUPID??? YOU WANT TO GET INTO ANOTHER ACCIDENT HUH? WHY ARE YOU ALWAYS DO SOMETHING RECKLESSLY???!!!” shouted the person.

I am shocked. Shocked because I almost got into another accident, shocked because the person who help me shouted at me, and shocked because I recognize the voice.

“J..Ji..Jii..Jiiiyoong?” I ask stutterly.

“AISHHH!!!” he say while ruffling his hair and then he pull me back to the place before.

We are already back at the street where I am before I across the street. The man in the motorcycle stop and coming toward us. He suddenly bow at me and apologize to me. I am shocked. Why he apologize to me when the one who should apologize is me. I quickly say sorry to him to because the reason that the accident almost is because I didn’t pay attention when crossing the street. After that the guy go and continue his travel.

After that I quickly turn my head and try to talk to Jiyong. Because he keep quiet when the man in the motorcycle and me having a conversation.

“Jii..Jiyong?” I ask stutterly.

He doesn’t answer me back and just stare at me. His stare make me afraid, so I quickly turn my head and looking forward. After a minute suddenly he ask me.

“Are you okay?” he ask.

“Aahh.. I am okay.” I reply.

“Good then.” he replies.

“Hmmm... Jiyong?” I ask.

“What?” he asks.

“Why are you here?” I ask.

“No reason. Just walking around. I couldn’t sleep.” he says.

“Ahhh.. I see..” I say.

Then suddenly he look down and stare at my luggage.

“Don’t stop me. I don’t want to trouble you anymore.” I quickly reply at him.

“I’m not stopping you.” he says.

I am sad when he replies like that. But isn’t this what I want? Why you want him to stop you? Stupid Dara… You say you don’t want to trouble him more so what are you waiting for? He said he isn’t stopping you. SO GO. GO NOW! What are you waiting?

After debating again on my dreamland, I am back to reality now. I turn my head and look at Jiyong.

“Thanks for helping me before. Sorry to trouble you again. Sooo.. Goodbye..” I say while bowing to him. After that I am walking away and decided to just search for a motel in this side of the street. Somehow I don’t want to across the street again by myself. Not in this moment. I just walk 10 steps when I hear Jiyong’s voice.

“You’re leaving just because I’m not going to Seoul National University?” he ask.

His question makes me stop and stand still. “I feel like I’m just a goddess of calamity to you. Not just the Seoul National University thing, but the Centre Exam too and so many bad incident before that I always trouble you. I feel like I am being a nuisance to you. I feel like I am a really bad luck to you. I feel like I am….” I say while bowing my head feel ashamed of myself. But before I finish my word, he interrupted me.

“You may be right. Nothing good ever happens to me when you’re around. You’re always throwing me off my pace. I became the subject of the school gossip. I had to be your study coach. And finally, the entrance exam incident.” he says.

I bow my head lower now because I feel ashamed. All of his word are true. My eyes teary and I almost crying now. I can’t talk or reply his word again. I just keep holding my tears so he won’t know.

“But….. It was kind of fun.” he says suddenly. His word shocked me. I blink my eyes try to process what his words mean. Before I finish processing it, he say again.

“I’ve never felt that kind of excitement before. I’ve never been afraid of test results before, either. It was quite an experience.” he says.

“B..Bu..But.. Your Seoul National University?” I ask while wiping my tears away.

“Just for you to know. It’s not your fault I didn’t take the exam.” he says.

“What?” I ask.

“After I took you to the hospital, I still had plenty of time to go back again.” he replies.

“Then why?” I ask again.

“You said college is a place to find what we want to become. Well, in that case, being around you keeps me on my toes, and it’s been fun. So I thought maybe going to Yonsei University wouldn’t be so bad. Besides, I always wondered what I’d do at Seoul National Univ, anyway.” he says.

Ehhhhh.. What did he say??? He said he will go to Yonsei University??????? The same college as me???? Is he serious?????? I am too shocked now and can’t speak any word at all.

“Hey.. Heyyyy!” he shouted and make me back to reality again.

“You.. You.. You’re choosing the same college as me, because I’m there?” I ask.

“No! Of course not. I just think that Yonsei is not a bad choice too.” he says while turning back and walking away from me.

“Yahh! Wa..Waaaittt!” I shouted while turning back and chase him.

“What?” he says while still walking away faster.

“Yahhh….. Walk slowlyyyyy….” I shouted while chasing him.

“What are you doing?” he asks but still doesn’t lower his speed.

“Ummmmm… Jiyong…. Is it all right if I stay with your family a little longer?” I ask.

He doesn’t answer me and just walk. I am afraid he will reject me so I quickly say again. “I won’t trouble you anymore… Pleaseeeee…” I run in front of him and clasp my both hand in front of my chest and give him my puppy eyes.

He stare at me. “Don’t lie… How could you not trouble me?” he says.

“Hmmmmmm….. That’s right….Theennn.. I promise I will try to give you lesser problem. Pleaseeeee….” I say still with my puppy eyes.

“You’re a real joker, aren’t you?” he says while moving his body toward another direction and walk pass me.

I bow my head, thinking that he doesn’t want me to stay with him. But suddenly,…

“What are you doing? Are you want to sleep here in this cold weather?” he asks.

“Huh? What do you mean? Do you agree to let me stay with your family a little longer?” I ask.

“Do whatever you want.” He replies.

My dejected face turn into a really happy face when I hear him replies me like that. I quickly take my luggage and run to chase him so I can walk beside him back to Kwon’s residence.

“Heyyy.. Do you know that today is Valentine’s Day?” I ask.

“So what??? Are you gonna give me chocolate?” he asks.

“Sorry. Were you expecting to get something?” I ask.

“Not really.” he replies.

 

AUTHOR POV

Dara and Jiyong finally arrive at Kwon’s residence. Dara quickly take back the letter she left at the dining room and then say goodnight to Jiyong because she feels tired. Jiyong watch her walking upstairs. Suddenly he feels so thirsty so he goes to kitchen and search for something in the refrigerator. While searching around, he found a box with a note that say “Don’t touch it if you’re not Dara”. Got curious, he takes the box out and open it. After all in his mind he know that Dara won’t know if somebody open it or not.

He closes the refrigerator and takes the box to the dining room. He opens it carefully.

“A chocolate?” he says.

He read the note on the chocolate. It says congratulation. He picks up the chocolate and saw a note underneath the chocolate. The note says “ Congratulations Jiyong for getting accept to Seoul National University!!”

“So there is one for me huh?” he says with a smirk in his mouth.

He bite the chocolate.

“Salty..” he says. But he keep eating the chocolate and take the box with him upstairs.

When he already arrive at his bedroom, he already finish the chocolate. He prepare to go to bed when he realize there is something on his bedside table. He takes it and open it. A package of herbal tea and a little note comes out. The note says, “Thanks and hope you like it. And… Sorry… (with a sad emoji)”. The note doesn’t say who give it to him but he knows it must be Dara. Like before a smirk appear again on his mouth. Jiyong puts the package and the note on his drawer and goes to sleep.

“So she worked before to buy those gifts for me?” Jiyong ask in his mind. After that he fell asleep.

 

A WEEK LATER

Jiyong finally take the exam to go to Yonsei University. And like everyone expected, he got accept easily. And final exam is begin today. Everyone get busy to study especially the grade 3 students. Why you ask? Of course because this is their final test that will decided that they can continue their future or not. Even if you are already accepted on university, you still have to pass the school exam so you can graduate. You can’t go to university if you don’t graduate right? Like always, Dara asked for help from Jiyong to teach her again. So everyday until the exam is over, Dara and Jiyong will study together.

A week finally pass and the exam is already over. The result already announced and Dara pass the exam with a good score. Jiyong of course get the top score with full mark as always. Bom and Minzy to pass the exam with an average score. But without Dara, Bom, and Minzy knowing, Jaejoong pass the school exam luckily but he didn’t pass his university exam that means he can’t go to university. He already try another university but still he didn’t pass it all. Junsu and Yoochun know about this and want to tell this to Dara, but Jae say not to. He doesn’t want to worry Dara about this.

Graduation ceremony will be hold next week and everyone is excited about it. Everyone already discussing what they will do on the holiday week after graduation and before the university start. Dara, Bom and Minzy are excited to celebrate their graduation too.

“Daraaaa.. You have to make incredible memories with Kwon Jiyong before we really graduate you know.” say Bom while they are walking on the way home.

“Ehhh????!!! WHY??? We’ll be going to the same college after all.” Dara replies.

“What are you saying???? It’s the end of your high school life. It’s the perfect chance to take your relationship to the next level.” say Bom with so much determination.

“Bom is right. I am agree with her. If you can’t date him before the graduation maybe you should at least have… have…. a kiss???” say Minzy.

“That soundssss puuuueeerrrrfffeeeecccttttt Minzyyyyy…. I am very verryyy agree with youuuu… Let’s commemorate your graduation with your first kiss Dara.” say Bom while shaking Dara for a while.

“WHHHHAAAATTTT??????? Cut it out everyone! It’s impossible!” shouted Dara.

“Ehhhhh you must try you know. After all there is a legend in our school that related to kisses.” say Bom.

“A legend?? What legend?” ask Dara.

“They say if a couple who kisses on graduation day will be together forever.” say Bom.

“Ehhhh??? Is that true?” ask Dara.

“I think it is. I always hear that from another girl in our school. You must try it Dara.” say Minzy.

“Yes… You must try it! You MUST!!” say Bom.

“Oh yeah by the way. Have you thinking the idea for our post graduation party Bom.. Minzy??” Dara ask.

“Ahhhhhh rightttt.. I am forget that we are the one who will manage the post graduation partyyyyyy… Oh noooo.. I am sorry Dara I forget.” say Bom while clasping her hand and show her puppy eyes to Dara.

“It’s all right Bom.. We still have 6 more days to prepare it. You must think for it from today okay Bom?” reply Dara.

“Yes Sir!” say Bom while saluting her.

“How about you Minzy? Do you have any idea?” ask Dara to Minzy.

“Yes I have but I am still searching for more. I will tell it to you girls tomorrow okay?” say Minzy.

“Okay then. Hahahaha. Let’s make the best post graduation party ever!!” say Dara while pumping her fist to the air.

“OKAYYY!!!” shouted Minzy and Bom while pumping their fist to the air too.

Dara, Minzy and Bom continue their way home when suddenly they meet with Yoochun and Junsu on the way.

“Heyyy Yoochun!!! Heyyy Junsu!!” shouted Dara.

“Hey Dara!” shouted them back.

“Are both of you on the way home too?” ask Bom.

“Yes we are.” reply Junsu.

“Junsu Yoochun. Don’t forget to attend our post graduation party after the graduation ceremony okay??” say Minzy.

“Oh right. Where will it be held?” ask Yoochun.

“We still find the perfect place. We will tell you later okay? Just don’t forget to clear your schedule on that day.” say Bom.

“Of course. We won’t miss it.” reply Junsu.

“Hmmm by the way, why Jaejoong is not with you?” ask Dara, confuse to not see both of them with Jaejoong.

“Hmmm Jae iss….” say Junsu but he doesn’t finish it and stare at Yoochun try to tell him to answer Dara’s question.

“Hmmmm Jaeee.. Oh Jaee. Jaee.. isss..” reply Yoochun stutterly after saw Junsu’s stares.

“What’s wrong? Why both of you talk stutterly like that? Is something happen with Jae?” ask Dara worried.

“Hmmm… The truth is Jaejoong doesn’t go to school today.” reply Junsu.

“Ahhhh….. You mean he is sick?” ask Bom.

“Ah nooo.. Nooo.. No he isn’t. He just will not go to school until our graduation.” reply Yoochun.

“WHATTT????” shouted Dara, Bom and Minzy.

“You mean he will not attend our graduation ceremony?” ask Minzy trying to understand Yoochun’s word.

“Hmmm… Yess.. Actually yes..” reply Junsu.

“Eh???? WHY?? What’s wrong?? Tell me what’s wrong with Jae!” ask Dara.

After that Junsu and Yoochun tell the whole story about Jaejoong to Dara, Minzy and Bom. They are shocked to hear that Jaejoong can’t go to University. Dara is worried about Jaejoong after hear this. So she ask Yoochun and Junsu where Jaejoong is now. At first they don’t want to tell Dara about it. But Dara is so persistent and keep asking them so they finally tell Jae where about to Dara. After that Dara say goodbye to all of them and decided to meet Jaejoong alone.

 

SANDARA’S POV

I will talk to Jaejoong and make him attend our graduation ceremony and our post graduation party. I know Jaejoong is sad but this is not the end of his life right? I will help him with all my best. After all he always help me when I’m in trouble.

After walking for 20 minutes, finally I arrive at the café that Junsu and Yoochun said that Jaejoong always spend his time. I see Jaejoong sit at the corner and looking so devastated. I entered the café slowly and walk toward Jaejoong. I already sit in front of him but somehow I think he can’t see me. He just staring so blankly like his soul is not with him. I try to call him many times but he still doesn’t answer me. So I try call him harder while shaking his hand. Finally he notice me.

“Dara??? What are you doing in here?” ask Jaejoong.

“I am coming to meet and talk with you.” I reply.

“What??................. How did you know that I am here???” Jae asks.

I don’t answer him at first but when I already want to answer him, he talks.

“Ah I know. Junsu and Yoochun tell it to you right?” he says.

I hesitated to answer him, but then I answer him and say yes.

“I knew it. They can’t keep it a secret.” he say with an angry face.

“Don’t be angry Jae. I am the one who force them to tell me where are you now. So don’t be angry with them. If you want to angry just be angry with me.” I say.

“Daraa…” he says.

“Jaee what’s wrong with you? Why you don’t come to school?” I ask.

“Nothing. I just don’t want to.” he reply while turning his head away from me.

“Jaeee.. I know about it… Don’t try to hide it… Let’s go to school Jae.. Junsu, Yoochun, Bom and Minzy are worried about you. I am worried about you too. Let’s graduate together Jae. Okay?” I say trying to persuade him.

“They are the one who told it to you about it too right?” he ask while still not looking at me.

“Yes. Jaeee… Don’t be sad. Not going to university doesn’t mean your life end here. You can do another thing if you can’t go to university. You can work. Or maybe you can go take a courses and then try again next year for university. C’mon Jae. You are not like this. I know you are a strong person. Where is Jae the one I know who always fight and do his best at everything???” I say.

He doesn’t reply me and just keep staring at the window outside beside him. I wait for him to talk. After a few minutes he finally talks.

“You know what Dara?” he says.

“Hmm…” I reply to make him now that I am listening to him.

“I… I wanted to do something big with my life. That’s why I go to Seoul for High School.” he says.

“Something big? Like what Jae?” I ask.

“I… I don’t know yet… But.. I’ll only live once, so as a man, I wanted to do something big… Get married to the best woman and raise the best family. To do that, I thought I need to move to the big city in Korea. So I move and go to Seoul alone……………………. But now, I can’t even look at Jiyong.” he says.

“Jiyong? Why?” I ask.

“Because I boasted to him that my feelings for you were second to none, but now… I couldn’t even get into college…… That bastard Jiyong said he’d go to the same college as you, and even gave up on Seoul National University, right?” he asks.

“That… That’s not exactly how it is…” I reply.

“I’m constantly losing to him. I feel pathetic. I am the worst.” he says while bowing his head.

I stand up and move toward him. I sit beside him and say, “College isn’t everything in life Jae… You know that my Dad and Jiyong’s father are best friends right? Jiyong’s father is a Seoul National University graduate. He’s an amazing CEO of a game company that he started from bottom. But my Dad didn’t even go to high school. He started training as a chef right after middle school. Despite all the different, the two of them are such a good friends. They both accept and respect each other’s work. So what I mean is maybe you and I aren’t a good students, but I think we just need to find something we are good at.” I say while turning my head to Jae.

“Something that I’m good at…..” he says while turning his head and looking at me.

“Yes… You just have to find something big that only you can do.” I say while smiling to him.

“Hmmmmmmm…. Daraa…” he says after a while.

“Yes?” I ask.

“If I can find that something and become a success, do you think you could fall in love with me?” he ask with a serious face.

“Ehhh???? Well….. that’s a different story Jae…” I say while turning my head away from him.

“Hahahahhaa… But like what that bastard Kwon said before. You never know what could happen. Even if you hate someone today, you might love them tomorrow. I will definitely make you fall in love with me Dara.” he says.

“It’s not that I dislike you Jae. I just can’t see you as anything more than a friend.” I reply quickly because I don’t want him to misunderstand me.

“That’s fine for now Dara…. I will definitely find what I’m good at. I’ll make it my profession and be success. You just wait and see Dara..” he says while patting my head.

“Then… what about the graduation ceremony? Will you come?” I ask.

“Yeah… I’ll attend it proudly. With my chest out too. Like what you say Dara, a man’s value isn’t measure by school grades alone. I’ll become a big man who will beat that Kwon someday.” he says with determined eyes.

“That’s the spirit!!! Jaejoong that I know is coming back now... Kkkkkkkk” I say happily.

“Hahahha.. Yeah I am coming back now.” he says while smiling.

“Let’s make good memories then at our post graduation party.” I say.

“Yeah. Let’s make good memories.” he replies.

 

The Next Day

Jaejoong come back to school. Everyone is happy about it. They continuously ask about Jae’s condition that makes Jaejoong speechless. But after almost an hour their interrogation finished and Jae finally can breathe now. He said to everyone that he will enter the adulthood first than all of us. He said not to worry about him too. After that Jae says that he will help me, Bom and Minzy to organize the post graduation party too. He says he will be the one who looking for the place to gather and he will be the one who cook the food too. So Bom, Minzy and I can focus to think about the event and games that will be playing at the party.

 

The Graduation Day

A week pass quickly. Without us realize, today is finally our graduation day. And now the graduation ceremony is being held. I am so nervous. I am afraid I will fall when I am going to take the diploma later. I search for Jiyong and see him sit at the front seat. Of course he will sit there, after all he is our valedictorian. He will give a speech later. I can’t wait to see him gives a speech. You know why right? Because I fell in love with him when he give a speech on our entrance ceremony. So that’s why for me this is the best moment in my life.

I am in my dreamland for so long that I don’t realize that Jiyong already being called for giving the speech. I look at him while smiling. Then after that the distribution of the diploma begin. Luckily I manage to get the diploma without falling. If I fall I don’t know how much embarrassment I will get later. The ceremony continue and after an hour finally the ceremony end.

“Congratulations Bom… Congratulations Minzy…. Finally we graduate… Yeahhhhh!!” I shouted while walking out of our hall.

“Congratulations too my two best friends. Hope the best for us!!” shouted Bom while walking beside me.

“Congratulations too Dara and Bom. Thanks for everything in high school. Let’s be together too in our college life hahahahha..” say Minzy while walking beside me.

“Daraaaaa!!!” shouted someone from a far while waving at me.

“Auntie??? Auntieeee!!” I shouted while running toward her.

“Congratulation Dara for graduating..” say auntie while hugging me when I already arrive in front of her.

“Thank you auntie. Thank you for coming to the ceremony too. Where is Dad and uncle?” I say.

“They are here before, but they already gone now. They must go to work. Your Dad say congratulations too for you.” auntie says.

“Ah I see. I hope Dad didn’t cry when I got my diploma hahahahha.” I say.

“Hahahhaha but he did Dara.” auntie replies.

“I know it hahahha.. Dad always cries when I accept something big like this event. Hahahahha.” I say.

“Of course he will Dara. His only daughter is graduating of course he will cry. Of course a happy cry kkkkkkk..” auntie says.

“Oh by the way, congratulations for both of you too. I bet you are Dara’s friends right?” auntie says.

“Ah yes they are auntie. I will introduce them to you. This y lady is Bom and the cute girl with bob hair is Minzy.” I say while pointing to Bom and Minzy.

“Annyeonghaseyo imo. I am Bom. Thanks for the greetings.” say Bom while bowing her head.

“Annyeonghaseyo imo. I am Minzy. Thanks for the greetings too.” say Minzy while bowing her head too.

“What a cute and pretty girls. Thanks for always taking care of Dara.” say auntie while hugging Bom and Minzy.

“By the way auntie, you don’t need to meet Jiyong?” I ask.

“Ah right. That’s why I come looking for you. Let’s go meet Jiyong.” auntie replies.

“Eh??? Me too???” I ask.

“Of courseeeee… You need to get Jiyong’s second button Dara. Hurry up before someone else take it. Comee onnnnn!!” auntie says while pulling me.

“Woahhhh I think Jiyong’s mother really likes Dara to be with Jiyong.” Bom says while looking at me being pulled by auntie.

“Yeah I think like that too. Hahahhaha.. Let’s go follow them.” say Minzy while pulling Bom and walking behind me that being pulled by auntie.

After searching for 15 minutes finally we find Jiyong. He is surrounded by so many girls. All of the girls asking for Jiyong’s second button. But from what I look he refuse all of the girls request. Jiyong try to walk but the girls keep blocking him. Youngbae and TOP try to help Jiyong and make the girls move away from Jiyong with so much effort.

“Dara…. It’s time for your action… Come on goo..” say auntie while pushing me toward Jiyong’s direction.

“Buttt.. auntieeee…” I say.

“No but. Come on. GO!!” auntie says while pushing me harder and make me fall forward.

Luckily someone catch me so my face doesn’t meet with the ground. The person help me standing again. I immediately want to say thank you but I get tongue tied when I see the person who help me. Jiyong it is JIYONGGGG.. J-I-Y-O-N-G JIYONGGGGGGGG.

 

 

 

Chapter 18 done!! How is it everyone? I am sorry I just only update the story now. For the compensation I make this chapter longer than the other chapter. Hope you will like it. Please forgive me if there is wrong grammar because I haven’t reread it again. I will correct the mistake later and give an update too as fast as I can.

Please leave comments, subscribe and upvote if you like the story :) Btw thanks for my 3 new subscribers (musiclover_14, oilydiamond, and taniog5584). And thanks for the one who already comment too (Rosalia123 and highup10) I am so happy when I read your comment hehehehe.. Keep commenting. I will wait for your next comment :)