Chap 17 - The Stranger

It Started With A Kiss

Chapter 17 is here. Happy reading everyone!! As always, the blue colour words are my notes. :D

_________________________________________________________________________________________________

 

 

The Next Day

AUTHOR POV

Sandara is still in hospital recovering from the accident and her sickness. Nobody is accompanying her because she doesn’t want to be accompanied. It’s 9 A.M in the morning and Sandara is still sleeping. 30 minutes later someone knock the door and let herself in when nobody answer. Eunju see that Dara is still sleeping so she come in quietly. She put Dara’s thing at the cupboard beside the bed. After she finish arranging it, Eunju decided to wake Dara up so she can eat her breakfast and her medicine.

“Dara.. Sweety.. Come on wake up. It’s already morning.” Eunju say while shaking Dara trying to wake her up.

“Hmmmm… Hmmmm…” say Dara still doesn’t open her eyes.

“Wake up sweety. You need to eat your breakfast and medicine. Come on.” say Eunju again.

“Hmmmm… 5 more minutes pleaseeeee…” say Dara still doesn’t want to open her eyes.

“Fine then sweety. Auntie will take your breakfast first then.” say Eunju and the goes out to ask for Dara’s breakfast from the nurse.

When Eunju comes back, Dara still asleep on the bed. Eunju put the tray on the table beside the bed and wake Dara up again.

“Come on sweety up. It’s already more than 5 minutes.” say Eunju while trying to make Dara sit.

“Hoaaaaammmmm…. Good morning auntie..” say Dara while sitting up but still with her eyes close.

“Good morning sweety. Come on open your eyes.. You need to eat.” say Eunju while preparing the table on the bed so Dara can eat.

“Thank you auntie.” say Dara finally with her eyes open.

“You’re welcome sweety. Now eat.” say Eunju while give the spoon to Dara.

“You are not eating auntie?” say Dara while feeding herself.

“I already eat before I came here sweety.” reply Eunju.

“Ah I see.” say Dara.

After 20 minutes

“I’m done auntie.” say Dara.

“Ah okay. I will clean this up first then I will help you clean yourself.” reply auntie while cleaning the table.

“Thanks auntie.” say Dara.

After cleaning the table, Eunju helps Dara clean herself and helps her back to the bed. After finish preparing anything for later Eunju decided to go home because she still have to make lunch because Seungri will be back in an hour. Before she goes back home, she informs Dara that she already tell the school that she got into an accident and can’t go to school for one week.

 

At 5 P.M.

“DAAAAARAAAAAAAAA!!!!! MY LOVEEEEEEEEEEEE!”

Dara from inside her room shocked when she hears someone shouted her name from a far. She know that voice and she is very embarrassed now because everyone in the hospital will know her name now.

“DARAAAAAA!!” shouted Jaejoong while opening Dara’s door with so much force.

Dara try to hide herself in the blanket. “Jaeee don’t shout pleaseeee…”

“Daraaaaa… Daraaaa… Are you okay? Where did you get hurt? Are you fine now? What’s the doctor say? Where is the one who hit you? Who is it? Is it a he or she? If it’s a he I will kill him. Tell me his name Dara. I will find it and I will kill him. How he can hurt you like thissssss!!!” say Jae fastly.

“OMG… Calm down Jae. I am fine now. Breathe please. I thought you are rapping before. I am fine. Please calm down.” reply Dara while Jae’s back to calm him down.

“Daraaaaaaaaa… Are you okay?” say Bom while going near Dara’s bed.

“Hi Bom! Hi Minzy! Yeah I am fine now. Don’t worry. I just need to rest for a week to recover.” reply Dara.

“What’s happening Dara? How can you get into an accident? Tell us please!!” ask Minzy.

“Yeah.. What happen Dara? Tell us now..” say Bom.

Dara decided to tell what happen to her from the incident until they know about her condition. She doesn’t want to tell them, but know about their personality that they will keep bothering her until she told them, so she decided to tell them.

Bom, Minzy and Jae accompany Dara until 8 P.M. They help Dara to eat her dinner and prepare her for sleep. After make sure that everything Dara needs already fulfilled, they say goodbye and promise Dara to visit her again tomorrow.

 

4 Days Later

Day by day past, just 2 more days Dara can discharge from the hospital. All her wound that she got from the accident already heal and just a little injury left, but the injury will be completely gone in 2 more days. Her gastric is slowly gets healed too. In the past 4 days, auntie, Dad, uncle, Bom, Minzy and Jae always come to visit her and accompany her. But Jiyong never visit her. Dara want to ask about him to auntie and uncle but decided not to. After all because of her, Jiyong couldn’t take the Seoul National University test and that makes him can’t attend it too. Auntie and uncle always tell her not to feel guilty but still deep inside her heart she still feel so stupid, so guilty and so wrong. She keep bothering and makes Jiyong angry and embarrassed, and now she makes him unable to go to the best university in Korea.

Dara is laying on her bed now just keep thinking about how she can say sorry to Jiyong later and how she can pay for all her mistake to him when suddenly she remember something.

“OMG!!!!!!!!!! My part time work!!! How can I forget it. OMG!!! OMG!!! OMG!!!!! Stupid Dara!! So stupid!! How can you forget it…” say Dara while hitting her head.

Dara is fidgeting in her bed, thinking how she can tell ahjumma (she call the owner of the Chicken Restaurant, ahjumma). Ahjumma doesn’t have handphone so she can just call her by the restaurant phone. But the problem is, she just write the number on her note book, and the note book is in her room (her bedroom in the Kwon’s residence). So how can she contact ahjumma now. And the most important thing, how can she buy Jiyong’s gift now when she doesn’t have money. She is so dejected.

She try to think how she can tell the ahjumma. She can’t make auntie take the notebook from her room. She is afraid auntie will open the notebook ant read it, then auntie will know that she have a part time job. She try thinking for another way.

“Hmmmmm…. Hmmmmmmm.” murmured Dara while thinking.

“AHAAAAAA!! I knowwwwww!!!1 I will try to persuade the doctor to let me go home faster, then he will tell auntie and Dad that I can go home tomorrow. So I can go faster to ahjumma. That’s it….. You’re so brilliant Dara!! Good job!!” say Dara while patting her shoulder.

So Dara go to her Doctor’s room and try to persuade the Doctor. She try to give him so much reason telling him that she is already better and say that she can recover faster if she is home. She keep persuading him with her puppy eyes. After 10 minutes trying to keep persuaded him, the doctor surrendered. He think that Dara is already healed so much and can be recover in home too. The doctor call her Dad and tell him that Dara can be discharged tomorrow.

 

The Next Day

SANDARA’S POV

“Thanks Doctor for these past 6 days. Thanks for taking care of me and make me heal faster.” I say to the doctor.

“You’re welcome Dara. Keep drinking the medicine for two days and make sure you eat enough and nutritious food. Don’t sleep to late too. And you can’t do anything that need so much energy for two days more okay? Be back here immediately if you feel not well okay?” say the doctor.

“Okay Doctor.” I say while saluting him.

“Thank you doctor.” say Dad and auntie.

After thanking the doctor, Dad, auntie, uncle and I go out from the room and go home. When I arrive home, they usher me to go upstairs and rest until lunch is ready. Without complaining I go upstairs. After all I need something to do now. Yeah you know what I have to do. I need to contact ahjumma now and tell her sorry for not getting work for the past days.

When I arrive at my room, I quickly lock my door to make sure nobody will come in when I contact ahjumma. I take my notebook from the drawer and pick up my phone from my desk. I dial the chicken restaurant number. After 3 rings, someone pick up the phone.

“Yoboseyo?” say the one who pick the call.

“Ahjumma? This is Dara.” I say.

“Dara?? Oh Dara is that you?” say ahjumma.

“Yes ahjumma. It’s Dara. Ahjumma I’m so…” I say. But before I finish my word, ahjumma interrupted me.

“How are you Dara? Are you fine now?” ask ahjumma.

“Eh.. What do you mean ahjumma?” I ask confusedly.

“You got into an accident right? Are you okay now? Are you already discharged from the hospital?” ask ahjumma.

“Ahh.. Yes ahjumma. I got into an accident, but I am better now. Actually I get discharged today and now already back home. But actually ahjumma I want to say that I am so…” I reply and again before I finish my word, ahjumma interrupted again.

“Ahhh… Dahaengida.. I miss you already dear. But don’t worry just rest well and come back later when you already fit, okay?” say ahjumma.

“Ahh gomabseubnida ahjumma. Ahh ahjumma.. Actually I want to say sorry.” I say. Ahhhh finally I can’t say it now hahahhaa.

“Sorry? For what dear? You did nothing wrong.” reply ahjumma.

“I’m sorry I can’t go to work these past 6 days. The restaurant must be busy right? And I am not there to help you. I am sorry ahjumma.” I say while bowing my head like ahjumma is just in front of me not in the other line on the phone.

“No problem dear. It’s okay.. Actually there is someone who help me here, he says…..” ahjumma reply but somehow she doesn’t finish the words.

“What do you want to say ahjumma? You say someone help you? Who is it? Am I know him/her?” I ask while frowning.

“Ah no dear. Nobody help me. Hehehehhe. Actually dear just go to work until you feel better okay? I must hang up now, someone is calling me want to order. Bye dear. Get well soon.” ahjumma says.

“Ahh.. Thank……” and just like before before I finish my word, ahjumma already hang up.

Hmmmmm… Why ahjumma like that? She have never been like that. And why I feel that ahjumma is nervous when she said that someone help her. And why I feel someone is making ahjumma don’t explain to me. Hmmm.. Ah never mind. Maybe I just feel jealous if there is someone who helped ahjumma.

 

THE STRANGER’S POV

“Ahjummaaaa! I already said to you many time don’t tell her about this!” I say.

“I’m sorry dear. I forgot. This old woman can forget everything easily dear. I’m sorry.” reply ahjumma.

“Yahhh!! Don’t say like that ahjumma. You make me feel like I am the one who is wrong here.” I say.

“Hahahhahahha… No you are not.. Hmmm dear?” say ahjumma.

“Yes ahjumma. Something wrong?” ask me.

“Ahh.. no.. nothing is wrong dear. I just want to ask, why you don’t want her to know that you help her?” ask ahjumma.

“Ahhhhh nothing ahjumma. I just don’t want her to know about this. You will keep this as our secret right?” reply me.

“Of course I will keep this as our secret dear. Kkkkkk.. But I will be sad later then.” reply ahjumma.

“Ehhh.. Wae?” ask me.

“Because when Dara is back, you will not work here again right?” ask ahjumma with sad face.

“Ahhhh.. Yes that’s right. Wae ahjumma? Are you like me better than Dara?” ask me.

“Ahhhhh that’s not like that. I just want both of you here and help me.” reply ahjumma.

“Don’t worry I will help you sometimes when I can.” I reply.

“Okay then. Enough chatting let’s get back to work.” say ahjumma.

 

The Next Day At 4 P.M.

SANDARA’S POV

“Ahjummmaaaaaa…. I am back…….” I shouted when I enter the chicken restaurant.

“Welcome back dear… As always you are always cheerful and so energetic.” reply ahjumma.

“Of course ahjumma. Kkkkkkk.. Did you miss me ahjumma?” I ask while leaning to ahjumma’s arm.

“Of course dear I miss you so much. Are you feeling better now?” ask ahjumma while inspecting me from head to toe.

“Of course ahjumma I am better now. I even can lift so 10 bowl in my hands now.” I say while showing her my muscles.

“Kkkkkkkkkkk okay then dear. But you can’t work too much. You’ve just recovered, I can’t make you go back to hospital because to tired of work.” reply ahjumma.

“Ne ahjumma.” I reply while saluting her.

 

At 7 P.M

“Daraaa!!” shouted ahjumma.

“Yes ahjumma???” I shouted back.

“Come here dear!!” shouted ahjumma.

“Ne ahjumma!! Wait for a minute.” I shouted back.

After I finish cleaning the table I walk to where ahjumma stand.

“Ahjumma?? Is there something wrong?” I ask.

“You can go home now Dara.” say ahjumma.

“EHHHH??? Wae ahjumma? You want to chase me away now ahjumma??? Wae???” I ask with puppy eyes.

“Not like that dear. I already said before that you can’t work too hard because you’ve just recovered. So, you can go home now.” say ahjumma.

“But ahjummaaaaaaa I just work for 3 hours only. I am still fit. I can work. And there is still 3 hours left before the restaurant close. And in 1 hour, many customers will come. You can’t handle this alone ahjumma.” I reply quickly with my puppy eyes trying to persuade ahjumma.

“It’s okay dear. You must rest. I can do this alone. Trust me I can handle this.” reply ahjumma.

“But…” I say.

“No more but dear. If you don’t obey me, you can’t work here again later.” say ahjumma with threatening eyes.

“Ahjummmaaaaaaaaaaaaa…….” I say with puppy eyes still trying to persuade her.

“Aishhh this girl. You must rest Dara. You can work until late later. What will your father say if he found you going home late just after you discharged?” reply ahjumma.

“Ahhhh.. You are right ahjumma. Then I will go home now. Are you sure you can handle this alone?” ask I again before I go home.

“Yes dear I can. Just rest so you can help me full time fastly later.” reply ahjumma while pushing me to the change room.

“Okay then. Just call me if you need help okay? I will fly here as soon as possible.” I say.

“Yes… yess.. I will.. Just change now. Ppalli.” say ahjumma.

After that, I change back to my clothes and go out. I say goodbye to ahjumma and go out. But before I open the door ahjumma call me.

“Yes ahjumma? Is there something you need?” I ask while turning back and walking to ahjumma direction.

“No dear. Just want to give you this.” say ahjumma while giving me an envelope.

“What is this ahjumma?” I ask while trying to open the envelope.

“Your payment this week.” reply ahjumma shortly.

“Whatt???? But I didn’t go to work this week ahjumma. I can’t have this.” I say while trying to give the envelope back to ahjumma.

“No dear this is really for you. Just take it please.” say ahjumma.

“But…” I say.

“Please dear..” say ahjumma with puppy eyes.

“Hmmmmm alright. I will accept this. But I will pay these back with working hard after I am fully recovered.” I reply.

“Okay dear. Okay now go home dear. Shuss Shuss” reply ahjumma while waving her hand showing that she chases me out.

“Owww you hurt me ahjumma. You chase me out now? Oahhhhh hiks hiks hiks (I pretend to sob) ” I say.

“Aish.. Just go home dear. It’s already late.” reply ahjumma.

“Neeee ahjummaaaaa.. Byeeeee.. Don’t miss meeee” I shouted while waving my hand.

“I won’t!!” shouted ahjumma back to me.

 

AHJUMMA’S POV

Woahhh what Dara says is becoming true. Just in one hour suddenly so many customer came and now it’s already packed with people. I already feel tired now, but what I can do? I can’t make Dara come. She need to rest. I can’t bothered him. Then I hear someone calling me. When I just want to reply him, I hear another voice that reply him. When I see who is it, I just smile.

“Yahh!! Who says you can do that?” I ask.

“Ehh?? You don’t like it ahjumma? From what I see, you are relieve to have me here right?” say the stranger.

“Youu pabo.. Quickly just go and help me.” I say.

“Yes sir.” the stranger reply while saluting me.

 

SANDARA’S POV

I almost arrived at home when suddenly I remember what I need to do when I have my money. Yeah you know what right? I need to buy Jiyong a present because he helped me before and of course as my apology gift to say sorry for bringing him bad luck on his National Centre Exam and on his Seoul National University exam.

I walk while thinking what I should give him. I try to think what will Jiyong like but I don’t know what he likes. So I think again. Then an idea come to me.

“Ahhhh I knowwwww.. Why don’t give him something healthy. So he can always be healthy right???? Good job Dara. Good job.” I say while patting my shoulder.

I enter the mall and quickly search the area that sell vitamin, medicine and other things that related to healthy. After looking around, I find an herbal tea that is good for health. I look for the price and shocked. It’s so expensive. I quickly check my wallet. When I see the contents, I just have half of the price. With so much regret I put it back to the rack and decided to look other thing. But before I walk away, suddenly I remember that ahjumma give me my payment. I quickly search the envelope inside my bag and when I find it I quickly take it out and open it. I count it quickly. My face turn brighter and I smile so wide now. Hahahahhahahahhaha I am happy. The money that ahjumma give me can cover half of the price that I need to pay for the herbal tea. I quickly amalgamate my money and my payment, then I quickly take the herbal tea and go to the cashier to pay for it.

Now I am walking home with Jiyong’s present. I hope he likes it. On the way home suddenly I am thinking is this present will be enough to make Jiyong forgive me. I suddenly remember all his words, his annoyed face, and his angry eyes to me when I keep bothering him and make him embarrassed. I just always making him angry and annoyed. Should I go away? Should I give up my love? Should I?

I keep thinking about this. Without I realize I already arrive at Kwon’s residence. Before I go in I stare at the house. And finally I already have the answer for all what I am thinking on the way home. Yeah that is the better choice, Dara. Yeah it is… Then I go inside the house.

 

 

 

Chapter 17 done!! How is it everyone? I am sorry for the late update. I really have so much to do. And when I am gonna make an update I got sick. So I just only can update now. Hope you keep waiting and not unsubscribe when I am not updating. Oh by the way I make a different thing that is not in the drama. Hope you like it. Do you find what is the different?? If you find just comment on the comment box and give me your perception about this one. Hehehhe will wait for it.

Please leave comments, subscribe and upvote if you like the story :) Btw thanks for my 7 new subscribers (ssecnar, ayen30, jhoanna, Yanako, Winner61, emji_88 and allego_1). Thanks for your vote too ssecnar :). And thanks for the one who already comment too (isyamtsj and Yanako) I already reply your comment. Please check your notification if you haven’t seen it hehehhehe :) Keep commenting. Your comment makes me really happy :)