Chap 16 - Aftermath

It Started With A Kiss

Chapter 16 is here. Happy reading everyone!! As always, the blue colour words are my notes. :D

__________________________________________________________________________________________________________

 

 

AUTHOR POV

Everything happened so fast. The motorcycle is trying to lower his speed but the time isn’t enough for it to slow down enough. Dara get hit and her body fly for 3 meters. Everybody on the street shocked to see this. Everybody just staring at the accident. The guy at the motor cycle quickly stop the engine and get off and check the girl he hit.

“Miss.. Misss.. Are you all right???” ask the guy while trying to wake Dara.

But his face slowly turn to pale when his hand feel something warm when touch the girl’s head. He slowly take his hand and see blood. He panicked and just stay rooted on his place don’t know what to do.

Jiyong quickly enter the Seoul National University after Dara say good luck to him. He walk to the board in front of the main door that will announce the place the students will take test. He walk and stand in front of the board and look for his name. When he still searching for it, a couple of girls come and look for their name too. But they keep talking while searching for it. Somehow it makes him curious so he pretend to search his name while trying to hear what they are talking about.

“Did you see the accident??” ask girl A.

“Yes, I saw. It was so horrible. Poor the girl. I hope she will be fine.” say girl B.

“The guy who hit her was so shocked too. Did you see his face. It was so pale. Maybe he is really shocked to accidentally hit her.” say girl A.

“Of course he will be. If it is you, you will be like him too. Oh yeah, do you think she is going to take the test in here too? If she is, poor her. She can’t take the test.” say girl B.

“I don’t think so. I see she wear something casual not an uniform. Maybe she just accompany someone in here. But poor her, her friends don’t know her condition now. If I am her friend I will be so much sorry and feeling guilty to make her condition like that.” say girl A.

“Yeah I will too. …… Ah I find our name, let’s go. We are in room 302 at third level.” say girl B while pulling her friend.

“Hmmm there is a girl in front of our gate who got into an accident? Is it Dara? They say it’s a girl and she wear casual clothes. But there is so many girls outside. It maybe Dara and maybe not. After all she say she want to go home already. Ah never mind. Maybe it’s not her.” say Jiyong in his mind while entering the main door.

Jiyong look at his watch. He know he stiil have 30 minutes left before the test begin. He walk to restroom before he goes to his test room. There is nobody there. But after a minute two guys walk in while chatting.

“Hey did you see the accident outside??” ask guy A.

“Yeah.. It’s awful. The one who got hit is a girl. I think her age is same like us. Poor her.” say guy B.

“Yeah poor her. I hope she will be okay. I saw her face before, she is my type.” say guy A.

Jiyong got curious after hear again that the girl who got into accident is the same age as him. So, he try to ask them.

“Hmmmm…. I’m sorry what is happening? Is there an accident in front of the gate?” ask Jiyong.

“Yeah.. A girl got hit by a motor cycle. The girl is crossing the street when the traffic light is red.” explain guy B.

“Hmm can you describe what the girl looks like?” ask Jiyong again.

“Hmmm I think she has two ponytails, she wears a pink skirt and white blouse. She looks beautiful too I think.” explain guy A.

“Paboooo!!! He doesn’t ask what your preference about the girl.” say guy B while hitting guy A’s head.

“Do you know what happen to the girl now?” ask Jiyong while ignoring what happen to the guy A.

“I think the guy who hit her already call the ambulance. But I don’t know if the ambulance already arrive or not.” explain guy B.

“Ahh… Thank you then..” say Jiyong while going out of the rest room.

“Is it really Dara? The way that guy describe the girl is matching with what Dara looks like. But maybe another girl wears something like that too.” say Jiyong in his mind.

Jiyong already climbing up the stairs when he halt his step and turn around. He walk to the front gate.

“Maybe I will just check it. If it’s not Dara then I will go back again.” say Jiyong in his mind.

Jiyong see a crowd of people near the gate. He try to see what is in the centre. And when he can see it, he is shocked to see Dara bleed and near her is a guy kneeling while keep phoning that Jiyong think is an emergency by the walk he talks. Jiyong pass through the crowd.

“Excuse me… Excuse me….” say Jiyong while passing everyone, trying to get to the centre.

When Jiyong already at the centre, he quickly inspect Dara. But the guy interrupted him.

“Mmmm… Hey.. Hey… What are you doing? Are you know this girl?” ask the guy.

“I am inspecting her wound and yes I know her. So, did you already call the ambulance? Why it is not here? I think 10 minutes has passed after the incident?” say Jiyong.

“Yeah. I already called them but somehow they still doesn’t coming. I already called them again right before you kneeling here. They say they will be here.” explain the guy.

“I think the ambulance will take long to be coming. Did you know where is the nearest hospital in here?” ask Jiyong.

“Yeah I know, it is just 5 minutes away from here by motorcycle.” say the guy.

“Okay then I will bring her there now.” say Jiyong while trying to lift Dara.

“Hey!! Hey!! Stop!! Are you sure it’s okay to move her? She is bleeding and maybe something will happen if we move her.” say the guy while trying to stop Jiyong to lift the girl.

“It’s okay. I already check her vitals and her wound. I think it’s okay if we move her. It will be not okay if she doesn’t get treatment as fast as we can. So, can you move now?? Or will you help me and lead the way??” ask Jiyong while lifting Dara bridal style.

“Aaa…. Iii… aaaa.. Oookkay I will help and lead the way.” say the guy while picking their stuff and then lead the way.

Jiyong and the guy running to reach the hospital as fast as they can. When they are already arrive, the guy shouted and call for help. The nurses and doctors quickly come to help, and in a minute Dara already on the bed and they are taking her to ICU. The red light then shining after that, showing that the operation already begin.

Jiyong and the guy waiting in the seat in front of the ICU. Jiyong ask the guy what happen and the guy tell all of that happen. When the guy finish the story, silence wrap the situation. Can’t bear the silence, the guy decided to introduce himself.

“Hmm…. By the way, my name is Donghae.. Lee Donghae… And you?” ask Donghae.

“Jiyong. Kwon Jiyong.” reply Jiyong.

“Hmm Jiyong, are you sure you can be here? I look from what you wear (he looks at Jiyong up and down), isn’t you are going to take Seoul National Test? Aren’t you going to be late?” ask Donghae.

Jiyong look at his watch and realize that he just have 10 minutes before the test will be begin. Before Jiyong could reply Donghae’s question, Donghae talk again.

“You can go Jiyong. I will be the one that waiting for the girl. After all I am the one who hit her. You can go and just be back after finish the exam.” say Donghae.

“Okay then. Thanks. I will call her parents too before I go.” say Jiyong while calling Teddy.

After calling Teddy, Jiyong excuse himself and go out.

 

After 3 hours

SANDARA’S POV

I try to open my eyes, but somehow I just can’t. My eyes feels so heavy. I must open my eyes. This is dream right? I just had a nightmare right? Jiyong angry at me and try to make me out from his house. I must wake up. I don’t want to be far from Jiyong. This is a nightmare. You must open your eyes Dara…. C’mon.

“Dara? Dara?”

Who is that? Who is calling me? Is that Dad? Dad? I must open my eyes. Dad is calling me.

“Dara?? You are awake honey?” ask Dad.

I finally can open my eyes slowly. I look around and realize that I am not in my room.

“D…D…Daaaa…Daaadd?” I say slowly.

“Yes honey? What’s wrong? Is it hurt? Do you need something? Maybe I must call the doctor first.” say Teddy fastly.

“Teddy calm down. Just be here, beside your daughter. I will call the doctor.” say uncle.

I just realize that there are other people than Dad. There is uncle, auntie, and a guy that I don’t know.

I look to my dad again and try to open my mouth again but no sound comes out. After a while uncle back with someone that I assume is a doctor. The doctor comes to me and check all my vitals. After that he says that I am okay now, just need rest and he will check me again after 3 hours and then he leaves.

I try to open my mouth again and now luckily the sound comes out.

“Daaa…Dadd… What happen to me?” I ask Dad.

“You got into an accident honey. You got hit by a motor cycle when you try to cross the street in front of the Seoul National University. This guy is the one who hit you. When we arrive here, he is waiting for you in front of the ICU and explain everything that is happen to you to us.” explain Dad while pointing his finger to a guy that I don’t recognize before.

“I’m sorry for hitting you. I must drive slowly.” say the guy while bowing to me.

“Noooo.. It’s not.. I am the one who is not carefully cross the street. Thanks for not running away and bring me here.” I say to the guy.

“You are welcome. But I am not the only one who bring you here. Actually if the other guy don’t say that we must take you to hospital quickly, maybe you will still in the operation room or maybe worst because you lost so much blood.” explain the guy.

“Ooother guy?” I ask.

“Yes. He says he knows you. I think he is in the middle of the test. He goes away after I tell him I will wait for you so he can take the test and tell him just to be back here after he finish the test.” explain the guy.

“Yooouuuu meeaaaannn Jiyong?” I ask stutterly.

“Ah yes. Jiyong. I forget his name. Yes I am sure he told me that his name is Jiyong.” say the guy.

“OMG!! Dadd. It’s Jiyong. It’s Jiyong? Is he take the test? He will be okay right?” I ask while trying to get up panickly.

“Sweeetyyyy calm down sweettyyy… You heard it sweety. The guy said Jiyong already leave after bring you here. So he maybe still in the middle of the test.” say auntie while trying to calm me down and push me back gently to the bed.

“Sorry to interrupt. But I must go now. I already pay all the bills. This is my contact if there is something else. I have an emergency so I need to go now. Please contact me if you need anything else.” say the guy.

“Ahhh thank you dear. Thanks for helping her. Can I ask your name?” auntie says.

“Donghae. Lee Donghae. This is my contact. You can contact me if the hospital need something else.” say Donghae.

“Thank you. Thank you very much.” say Dad while shaking his hand with Donghae.

“Get well soon Dara. And once again, sorry.” say Donghae.

“Thanks for helping me. Sorry to trouble you too.” I reply while smiling to him.

After that, Donghae leave my room. After that Dad, auntie and uncle just accompany me and ask if I need help every 5 minutes.

“Daaddd..” I say.

“Yes honey?” say Dad.

“When I can go home?” I ask.

“What’s wrong honey? You still need rest. You just got into an accident. Of course you can’t go out quickly. I will ask the doctor later about your condition too.” explain Dad.

Hear that I just pouted my mouth.

“But…. Daddddd.. I want to be home.. It will be expensive in here.” I say.

“The doctor tells that you must stay in hospital for 1 week.” someone say from the door.

We look to the source of the sound and shocked to see the guy who stand at the door.

“JIYOOONGGGG???????!!!!!!!!” everyone shouted except me. I shouted too but not really shouted because it hurts me when I talk to loud.

“What?? Why are you all shouting when you look at me?” Jiyong ask while covering his ears.

“WHY ARE YOU HERE? AREN’T YOU SUPPOSEDLY IN THE MIDDLE OF THE TEST?” ask auntie.

“I am hungry, so I just went out to eat breakfast.” say Jiyong while entering my room.

“WHAT? What about the test? What about Seoul National University?” ask uncle.

“Seoul National University? I am not taking the test.” reply Jiyong.

“WHATTT???” shouted uncle and auntie.

“Oh nooooo… This is because of me. Auntieee… Uncleeee.. I am sorry. Because of me, Jiyong didn’t take the test. Because of me, Jiyong can’t go to Seoul National University. Because of me. This is because of me. If I don’t follow Jiyong and just stay at home. Pabo Dara. Why you always trouble Jiyong. Pabo! Pabo! Pabo!” I say while hitting my head.

“Sweety stop. It’s not your fault sweety. Please stop.” say auntie while trying to stop me hitting myself.

“Hyunsuk. Eunju. I am sorry. I am so sorry. It’s all my daughter’s fault, for causing your son so much trouble.” Dad say while bowing to uncle and auntie.

“What are you saying Teddy? It’s not your fault. It’s not Dara’s fault. It was Jiyong’s decision to not take the test.” uncle say while make Dad get up from his position.

“That’s right. And even if he got accepted at Seoul National University, I’d still be disappointed if he’s the kind of son that would abandon Dara when she needs help.” say auntie.

“But….” say Dad.

“That’s right Teddy. It’s fate. That’s all. It’s no one’s fault.” say uncle.

“Thanks Hyunsuk. Thanks Eunju. I promise we will not going to trouble you all again later. Please forgive us.” say Dad while I just keep my head down too ashamed to face Kwon’s family.

“That’s enough Teddy. You are my friend. I think of you as my own family. After all this is Jiyong’s decision. I assume he still have time to take the test if he wants from what I assume from Donghae’s story.” uncle reply.

“Thanks Hyunsuk. I am going to restroom first and will go to the doctor to ask about Dara’s condition.” say Dad.

“That’s no need uncle. I already know her condition. After I eat breakfast I am waiting near the ICU and when I see the operation is finish, I meet the doctor and ask her condition.” say Jiyong.

“What the doctor say son?” ask auntie.

“He says that Dara get a few stitches in her head because of the accident and some scratches in whole her body too. There is no serious damage because of the accident because Donghae manage too lowering his speed and makes the damage not to fatal. But the doctor says Dara need to rest for 1 week because another cause.” explain Jiyong.

“What do you mean Jiyong?” ask auntie.

“She’s got gastroenteritis. Her gastric got inflammation. The doctor said maybe she doesn’t have enough rest, doesn’t eat at the right time, always staying up late or maybe get stress too much. So she must stay at hospital for 1 week so that the doctor can make sure that she get enough rest and nutrition.” explain Jiyong.

“OMG sweety. I know it. Auntie tell you to go home early. You mustn’t study too hard until you are sick like this sweety.” say auntie with a worried face.

“I am sorry auntie. I will not do that again. I’m sorry.” I say.

 

JIYONG’S POV

“Why did she lie to omma? I know that she is not studying this past days until late at night. Why did she do that?” I ask in my heart.

“Sweety, auntie and uncle wil be back tomorrow with your needs okay? Do you need something? Or you want auntie to stay here?” ask omma to Dara.

“No auntie. You can go home. I will be okay. Dad you can go home too. The doctor and nurse are enough to take care of me. Just back tomorrow. I will be fine.” say Dara.

“Are you sure baby? Will you be fine alone? I can stay in here with you? What if you need help but I am not beside you?” ask Uncle quickly to Dara.

“Dad. I will be fine. There is so many doctor and nurse in here. I will be fine. After all I will be rest too in here. Nothing much I can do right? You will be bored in here. After all what about our restaurant? They need you.” Dara says.

“Okay. Fine. Call me if something happen okay? Call me before you go to sleep too okay?” say uncle.

“Okay Dad I will. Be safe on your way to home Dad, auntie, uncle, and Jiyong.” say Dara.

“Bye sweety. Auntie will come tomorrow okay? With your favourite foods.” say omma.

“Omma… She is sick. You can’t make something dangerous for her.” I say.

“DANGEROUS??? What do you say son? Fine. Get well soon Dara. See you tomorrow.” say omma.

“Bye auntie. Bye uncle. Bye Jiyong. Bye Dad.” Dara say while we are going out of the room.

 

On the way Home

“Omma? What do you mean with Dara studying with her friends until late at night?” I ask curiously.

“Hmmm.. Dara said a week ago that she would be home late at night because she is going to study together with her friends for the final exam. She told me not to make dinner for her because she would eat with her friends too. That’s why I think maybe Dara is sick because too much study that she doesn’t get enough rest and food.” explain omma.

“Ah I see.” I reply.

I don’t understand what that girl is thinking. I know that she is not studying this past days. Why did she need to lie, even to omma?

 

FLASHBACK (5 days ago)

“Hey broooo… I am hungry. Let’s go eat something.” say TOP while shaking my arm.

“Stop it TOP. What do you want then?” I ask.

We are on our way to home after going out to have fun together. Cross that. They force me to follow them to have fun when I just want to go home. I try to run home but they block me and force me, even threaten me. I don’t know why I became friends with them. But I admit it they are fun to be with even sometimes they make me feel annoyed.

“I hear that there is a new restaurant in this section. Why don’t we try it?” say Youngbae.

“COOLLL!!! Let’s go then.” say TOP while pulling both of us.

When we are near the restaurant, suddenly Youngbae stop walking.

“What’s wrong Bae?” I ask.

“Jiyong… Isn’t it Dara?” say Youngbae while pointing his finger to somewhere.

“Huh? Dara? Where?” ask TOP.

“I am not saying with you TOP. I am saying WITH JIYONG.” say Bae.

“Issshhh so mean.” say TOP while punching Youngbae’s arm like a girl.

When Youngbae say that, I turn my head to where Youngbae’s finger pointing. There I see Dara with a waitress uniform in the chicken restaurant. I see her taking order and bringing the food to the table.

“What is she doing there?” ask Youngbae. He ask me what I have been ask to myself too.

“I don’t know.” I reply while keep looking at her.

“How about we eat here then? I want Dara to serve me.” say TOP with a puppy eyes.

“No.” I reply.

“AHHH!!! WAE??? WAEEE??? WAEEEE???” ask TOP while whining.

“Shut up TOP! Let’s go Bae!” I say.

“YAAHHHH!! Don’t leave meeeee… Waitttt!!” say TOP while running behind us.

Without Bae, TOP and Dara knowing, I am back to Dara’s work place the next day. I stay in the restaurant across it. I am looking at her direction.

“What is she doing there? Is she doing it for money? Working so hard for so little money? What is she thinking. Why she is not studying when the final exam is nearing. Stupid girl! Maybe she just want to buy an expensive things. The money she earn will be just gone in one day. Fool!” I say to no one.

After staying for an hour and keep observing her, I decided to go home. I think it’s useless to just staring at her. But the next day I keep coming back and stay for a couple of hours to observe her. I don’t know why.

 

 

 

Chapter 16 done!! How is it everyone? I make a new character that is not in the film. You know who? Yeah right. Donghae. Hahahahaha… Do you all want him to appear in the story again later or just end his appearance here? Please tell me what do you think in the comment box.

Please leave comments, subscribe and upvote if you like the story :) Btw thanks for my 8 new subscribers (_manlydeer, Theodora, billierose20, mitchellescott, thaz10882, mistyblack, thebazile and Smiley1279) And thanks for the one who already comment too (isyamtsj, highup10, and janelle15) I already reply your comment. Please check your notification if you haven’t seen it hehehhehe :)