Chap 14 - Bad Luck

It Started With A Kiss

Chapter 14 is here. Happy reading everyone!! As always, the blue colour words are my notes. :D

___________________________________________________________________________________________

 

 

SANDARA’S POV

Time is surely past fastly without our knowing. The seasons turn from summer to autumn, then from autumn to winter. Time for us to graduate is nearing. We must choose what will we do after we graduated now. Of course I will go to university to continue my study. Bom and Minzy will go to university too. We decided to continue to Yonsei University. We will take arts and humanities. Luckily to us, we pass to Yonsei University with standard score that can get us enough to Yonsei. We almost couldn’t make it but with so much hard work and with Jiyong taught us to pass the entrance exam, we finally make it.

I once asked Jiyong what university will he attend to, but he didn’t answer me. So I just think maybe he is confused to attend which university. After all he is so smart so he can attend any university he wants without struggle. But after 1 week I know from auntie that he will attend Seoul National University because uncle were graduate from that university. So he wants Jiyong to attend the same university. After all Seoul National University is our number one university in South Korea.

Now we are having a dinner and celebrating me from accepted to Yonsei University. I give Jiyong a gift as my gratitude gift for teaching me so I am accepted in Yonsei University.

“This is for you.” I say while giving the give to Jiyong.

“Woahhhh what is this? Thank you Dara for giving a gift for Jiyong. Hurry up open it son.” say auntie.

“I am the one who is thankful auntie. Jiyong helped me and my friends study so we could pass our college entrance exam. It’s just a little but it’s my gift of gratitude for it.” I say to auntie.

Jiyong open my gift and take the gift from the box. Everyone can see my gift now.

“What is this?” ask Seungri while taking the gift from Jiyong’s hand.

“It’s a head massager. Jiyong will be taking entrance exams for Seoul National University right? He still have a lot of studying ahead, so I give this to help him relax a bit.“ I reply.

“It looks like a whisk. This is for geezers.” mock Seungri.

“Hey Seungri!! Don’t say like that.” say uncle.

“Never mind him son. Just try it. I think Dara’s gift is good for you.” say auntie.

“No thanks. Besides, I haven’t decided yet if I want to go to college at all, let alone Seoul National University.” Jiyong says while putting my gift on the table beside him.

Everyone get shocked with what Jiyong says. I don’t understand why he say something like that. I see auntie and uncle get shocked too and don’t understand his word too. Why he don’t want to attend college? He is so smart and will get to any university without trouble. Why? Why? What’s going on with him?

Dinner goes on and we don’t talk about Jiyong’s words too. It becomes sensitive topic so we don’t talk about it anymore.

 

The Next Morning

“Woah class A student is so worked up.” Bom says while we are walking in the hall that pass Class A.

“Of course they are. After all, the National Center Exams are coming up.” I reply.

“But look!!! Just one person who is very carefree in this situation.” say Minzy while pointing her finger to Jiyong who is reading novel.

“I can’t believe it. At a time like this, he’s sitting back and reading a novel, something that unrelated to exams.” Bom says.

“Dara, is Jiyong’s first choice is Seoul National University?” Minzy asks.

“Hmmmm I don’t know. He’ll go there if he passes maybe.” I reply while remembering what he said last night.

“What are you saying Dara??? Of course he will pass.” Minzy says.

“You’re sad right Dara? He will not go to the same college like us that’s why you’re like that right?” say Bom while poking my waist.

“Stop it Bom. I am NOT sad. I am very happy if he can get to the best university. It’s the best for his future, isn’t it? I’m going to cheer for him!!” I say.

 

After Dinner

“Auntieee where are you?” I shouted while looking for auntie.

“Here sweety in the kitchen!” shouted auntie back to me.

“Auntieee.. Hmmm.. May I borrow your sewing tools?” I ask while walking towards auntie.

“Sure you can sweety. Just a second.” say auntie.

After she finish washing the dishes. She get me her sewing tools and give it to me.

“Here you are sweety. May I know what is this for?” ask auntie.

“I am going to make a good luck charm for Jiyong auntie.” I reply while begin to make it.

“OMO!!! Thank you Dara!! You might be more concerned about his entrance exams than any of us. Thank you very much.” auntie says while hugging me.

“Jiyong is not serious with what he said before right auntie?” I ask.

“It’s not that he doesn’t want to go to college. Maybe Hyunsuk’s expectations are too high. He just want Jiyong to graduate from the same university like him and then he wants him to take over his business. Maybe that sort of expectation is too much pressure for Jiyong.” auntie explains.

Then after 4 days I finally finish making the good luck charm for Jiyong. Tomorrow he will take the National Center Exam. Yeah he say he will do it after so much persuasion from uncle. I decided to give the good luck charm now before he goes to sleep. So I walk to his door and knock it gently.

“Yes. Come in.” Jiyong says from inside.

“Hmmmm Jiyong… I just want to give you this. Good luck charm for your exam tomorrow.” I say while putting the charm on his desk.

“You will take the exam right? You don’t change your mind again right?” I ask again after the silence response from him.

“Yes I will.” he replies.

“I am glad. Your parents will be happy if you can go to Seoul Uni. Me, on the other hand, I can’t do anything but worry my dad. You have so many opportunities to make your parents happy, Jiyong. I envy that.” I say.

When I don’t hear his reply again I decided to leave his room. But when I am about to open the door I hear him.

“Hey…. What are you going to college for?” he asks.

“What for? Of course to study and beside it to make friends too.” I say while turning my body to him.

“Why would you go to study when you don’t even like to? I don’t get it. Why is everyone so desperate to get into college?” he asks again.

“Colleges are for people like you to study at, Jiyong.” I say.

“I don’t want to go to college. I can study on my own if I wanted to study. I don’t need other people to teach me.” he says.

“But there’s more to it, like earning credentials for your future.” I say quickly.

“Then, what do you want to become?” he ask while turning his body to me.

“Hmmmmm…. I don’t know yet… But I know I will find what I want to become in college. Jiyong, you can’t keep that brain of yours all to yourself. You have to use it for Korea’s progress.” I explain.

“You are amazing, you know? I’ve been wondering how is it you can try so hard? How is you must try hard when I mustn’t. I’m impressed, I guess.” he says.

“What do you mean??” I ask think that he mocked me.

“I feel like…. I should be the one envying you…….. I have to get up early tomorrow. I’m going to bed.” he says.

“Arraseo. Good bam. Ahhh before I forget I will tie this on your bag.” I say.

After that I leave his room and go to my room and prepare to go to sleep too.

 

AUTHOR POV

The Day of National Center Exam

Everyone is already wakes up and are having breakfast. But somehow Jiyong still not in the dining room. Eunju get panicked and ask to everyone why Jiyong still not wakes up. But not long after that Jiyong shows up and say that he will go now because he is already late. But Eunju says just eat a little before go so he will have energy. When Jiyong is about to sit he stop and coughed. Hyunsuk ask what’s wrong with him and Jiyong says he feels a little feverish and he think he caught a cold. Everybody got panicked and begin to walk circling the dining room while thinking what they need to do. But Jiyong still calm and drink the milk to fill his stomach. But then Dara appear beside Jiyong and give him a medicine and a glass of water. This make everyone stop walking around and just look at Jiyong drinking the medicine. Everyone begin to feel relief after Jiyong drinks. But suddenly Jiyong ask Dara.

“By the way… This medicine isn’t the kind that makes you drowsy, is it?” Jiyong asks.

Dara gets panicked and quickly check the recipe on the medicine’s bottle.

“OMOOOOOOOO!!!!!! Avoid driving after taking this medicine.” Dara say while reading the recipe.

“Throw up!!! Quickly throw it up Jiyong!!” shouted Hyunsuk.

“I’ll hold him.” say Teddy.

“Seungri get the basin quickly.” Hyunsuk order.

Everyone get panicked and try to find the way to make Jiyong throw up the medicine when suddenly Jiyong shouted to everyone to stop and say that he will be fine and leave them to go to the place where the national center exam will be hold.

 

On The Way

“Good morning Jiyongggg!!” shouted TOP while running toward Jiyong with Youngbae behind him.

“Good morning.” Jiyong replies.

Youngbae and TOP are taking the National Center Exam too with Jiyong. They want to go to the same college with Jiyong so they apply for it too. They are continue walking when Youngbae realize there is something new in Jiyong’s bag.

“Hey!! What is that??? Is that a good luck charm handmade?” Bae asks while pointing his finger to the charm.

“WOAHHHH!!! Is Dara the one who make it??? OMOOO.. So sweeetttt…” TOP reply while making a feminine gesture trying to mock Jiyong.

“Shut up TOP! I am going to throw it away when we get to the exam hall.” Jiyong replies coldly.

“Ehhhhh…. Don’t be like that Jiiii… That’s so meeeaaaaannnnn.” TOP say while punching Jiyong gently in his shoulder like how girls do when they want to persuade boys.

Jiyong ignores TOP and just continue walking. TOP gives up and just follow Jiyong with Youngbae. They are now in elevator in the station. They need to take trains to go to the exam place. It is near, just take 15 minutes by walking. But because they are late they decided to take trains so they can arrive in time. The elevator is so full makes Jiyong, TOP and Youngbae stand near the door. Finally they arrive in the hall where they should take their trains. TOP and Youngbae get off first but Jiyong stay behind and let everyone get off first. After everyone get off, he begin to get off too but suddenly his step gets halted. When he looks back, the charm in his bag gets stuck at the door. He try to pull it but it won’t comes out.

“What’s wrong Jiyong?” ask Bae.

“The charm got stuck.” Jiyong replies while keep trying to pull it.

“Just cut it off Jiyong. We are already late.” say TOP while looking at his wristwatch.

But Jiyong keep try to pull it off but the charm still get stuck.

“Hurry up Jiyong. The train already arrive.” say Youngbae.

“You two just go ahead first. I will follow you after I get this out.” Jiyong replies.

“Are you sure?” TOP asks.

“Yes I am. Just go first. I will follow soon.” Jiyong says.

“All right. We will wait in front of the exam hall Ji. Just cut it off if you still can’t pull it off.” say Youngbae.

Youngbae and TOP now walking to the train and leave Jiyong behind.

After 10 minutes

TOP and Youngbae are walking back and forth while waiting Jiyong to arrives. Just 5 minutes more and the exam will be begin but still no sign from Jiyong that he will be arrives. But suddenly from a far they see someone running toward them.

“Thank goodness. You arrive now Jiyong.. You make us worried. What makes you take long enough just to get the charm out?” say TOP.

“The station attendant scold me. He thinks I purposely stuck the charm to make the elevator stop.” Jiyong explains while trying to catch his breath.

“Tell us about it later. Come on, let’s go in. We must find our test room.” say Youngbae.

They are now walking to the test room upstairs when they see the notice board in front of the hall that they will take the test in the room 301 at the third floor. While walking TOP who get curious ask Jiyong.

“What did you do with the charm? Did you cut it off?” TOP asks.

“No. The station attendant help me to take it off from the door and the charm still tied on my bag.” say Jiyong.

“Don’t you think the charm bring bad luck to you? I don’t say that Dara is a bad girl but somehow I just think that the accident is because of the charm. I think you must take it off Jiyong just to make sure that nothing bad will be happen again.” say Youngbae.

“Good point. I’m taking it off.” reply Jiyong.

When Jiyong want to take it off, suddenly the charm broke off and fells on the stair’s step. Jiyong bend his body and try to pick it up so he can throw it away. He doesn’t notice that someone is walking downstairs in front of him. Youngbae suddenly notice and try to tell Jiyong but it’s too late and Jiyong bump to that person and the two off them fell down from the stairs.

“Jiyong!!!” shouted TOP while running downstairs with Youngbae toward Jiyong.

“Jiyong are you okay???” ask Bae try to check Jiyong when he already arrive beside him.

“Let’s bring him to the first aid station and get him check up.” say TOP while helping Jiyong up and Youngbae helping the other guy up.

After Youngbae and TOP take Jiyong and the other guy to first aid station, the doctor say they can leave them and just go to take the exam.

Youngbae and TOP follow what doctor say and just walk upstairs and go to the test room.

After an hour

 Jiyong arrives with crutches on both his hand, a leg with full bandage and a bandage on his cheek.

“Sorry I’m late.” say Jiyong while entering the test room.

“You’re the one who fall down from the stairs? You’d better hurry. You just have 45 minutes left.” say the examiner.

“Yes.” Jiyong replies while walking to his seat.

Jiyong already seated and open his bag and take out his pencil case. When he opens it he get shocked to see that all his pencils are broken. He give a huge sigh and try to think how he can do the exam now because he doesn’t bring sharpener. But suddenly someone over him a pencil. When he looks up he saw Youngbae. Jiyong smiles at Youngbae and takes it. He begin to do the exam quickly because he just got 40 minutes left now.

After they do two of the exams, they got lunch break before they take other 2 exams.

“How did it go Jiyong?” ask TOP ( he is referring to the first exam)

“I skipped reading most of the questions and wrote the answers from inference.” Jiyong replies.

“Well, knowing you, I’m sure you will pass even you just answer from your inference.” say Youngbae.

“Let’s eat now.” say TOP while taking his lunch box.

Jiyong takes his lunch box to and open it. But suddenly he give a huge sigh too after he see the lunch. Just from the appearance he know the one who make the lunch box was not his omma.

“What’s wrong Jiyong?” ask Youngbae when he hear the sigh from Jiyong.

“OHHH!!! Dara made the lunch too!!! SO SWEEETTTT!!” shouted TOP when he see Jiyong’s lunch box.

“Jiyong you better not eat it. You don’t need an upset stomach now.” say Youngbae while giving him a sandwich from his lunch box.

“Thanks! I owe you one.” reply Jiyong while taking it and then he close his lunch box.

“BTW, where is the charm Jiyong?” ask TOP while eating.

“I don’t know. I think I lost it.” Jiyong replies.

“Oh that’s good then. I hope your bad luck will be gone now.” say Youngbae.

 

 

 

Chapter 14 done!! How is it everyone? I’m sorry I just can give an update now. So many things to do this past days. Hope you still enjoy the story.

Please leave comments, subscribe and upvote if you like the story :) Btw thanks for my 6 new subscribers (annisa2nebang, isyamtsj, mrskwon18, mrskwonbi, cutiepie_xxxi, and xxicrizza) :)