Chapter 8

Code Name L
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

“EunWoo, there it is!” SanHa jumped as he nudged EunWoo. He pointed at the tall building.
“Are you sure this is where MyungSoo lives?” EunWoo questioned.
“Well, I just found this website for Infinite and they said this is where their apartment is,” SanHa replied, “Geez, you’re the Inspirit here and you don’t even know where they live?”
“I’m not really one to memorize addresses…” EunWoo laughed, “Oh, it really is their place. Look at the fans waiting outside for them!"

SanHa spotted a tall, skinny girl, sitting off to the side, picking up the banners she dropped.
“Let me help you,” SanHa helped her. He read the banner, “Kim MyungSoo, hwaiting…?”
She smiled, “Ah, yes! I’m YeIn, future fansite admin for L.”
“Really?! We’re friends with L-” EunWoo quickly covered SanHa’s mouth.
“Woah…” YeIn said in surprise, “What an honor to meet you then!”
She shook their hands, “So I’m guessing you’re here today to visit your friend, then, right?”
“Yes, hyung will be so excited to see us!” SanHa flashed his braces.
“The fans and I are just waiting for them to come back from the gym-”
“THERE’S INFINITE!” A girl screamed.

Suddenly, a wave of girls dashed over to the white van. EunWoo’s mouth dropped open as the seven boys hopped out of the car. The fans backed up for the members to walk to the building. L smiled shyly, and when he looked to the right, he saw EunWoo and SanHa. He laughed and waved at the two, causing some to turn to see whom he was waving at. L whispered to the security guard and pointed at SanHa and EunWoo. The guard nodded and came towards the two.
“If you would follow me,” the guard said as he allowed the two to walk in front of him.
“Who is that?” Some fans whispered, “Must be MyungSoo oppa’s friends!”
“Bye, Yein,” EunWoo said, as he walked away. Yein waved back.

---

“Hyung!” SanHa hollered down the hallway as he tackled MyungSoo.
MyungSoo laughed and hugged him back, “I missed you guys so much.. How are you guys?”
“Pretty good!” SanHa replied, “Ever since you left, SungYeol treats us better.”
“Really?”
“Yeah! He feels bad because everyone used to tease us for being only the ‘watchout’ group. And now that you’re gone, it’s like we can’t even do watchout anymore because we’re not a group of 3. Now, we just stay at the facility and just check up on the other groups through their earpieces.”
“I wish I could go back to Group 7…” MyungSoo sighed, “O-Oh, how about we go inside and continue our conversation.”
He unlocked the door and motioned for the two to come in.

“W-Woah…” SanHa’s mouth dropped at MyungSoo’s dorm, “Now this is what I call the idol life.”
“I-” EunWoo stepped back.
“What, has it hit you that you’re in a dorm of an Infinite member?” SanHa joked.
EunWoo nodded vigorously.
“Don’t be shy, come in!” MyungSoo said, “EunWoo, I’ll introduce you to the other members since I know you’re a big fan.”
EunWoo almost fainted on the spot. He was meeting Infinite, his inspiration for his singing. And the fact that one of his best friends was now in it as well. It seemed too unreal.

The two took a seat on his white couch as MyungSoo sauntered over to the kitchen to wash the dishes.
SanHa sunk into the couch, “So, did you read the information about the government mission? That psycho is really something… There’s gotta be a reason for it, right? He can’t just be attacking these girls for no reason.”
“Yeah, I’ve been looking but there’s no specific pattern of how he attacks. But one thing I did notice was that he’s not doing it to kidnap or to murder. He’s only attacking. Maybe to threaten?”
“But why?”
“Well, actually,” EunWoo spoke up, “I noticed there IS a pattern on the victims. All of them are pretty young, like our age. Mostly girls, too. And I looked into them, and I even called up some for interviews. And there was really one chilling thing about each person.”
“What is it?” MyungSoo turned.
“They’re all connected to you.”

There was a silence.

“W-What do you mean?” SanHa turned, “And you went investigating without me?!”
“Well, I went while you were out to get groceries for the facility,”  EunWoo laughed, “But back to my point. All of them have to do with MyungSoo. No matter if it was big or small.”
“Okay, so tell me about it,” MyungSoo said with worry.
“So, I went to see the girl in the first recording... The one who was coming home from work. She invited me to talk over tea at her house. She explained the same thing to me as in the recording. Later, I noticed that she had Infinite albums on her shelf.”

 

Oh, I see you’re a fan of Infinite, I said.

Ah, yes, ever since debut. Their music just really helps me get through work, you know?

Do you have a bias?

Well, I really love them all. But if I must say honestly, WooHyun really shines. His voice is great, his personality is great. Are you a fan as well?

Yes, I’m actually pretty close with the new member debuting soon, L.

Really? Wow, L is really beautiful. In fact, I saw him at work, unfortunately on the day I was attacked, but…

But what?

Well, I work at this mart as a part time job, and I just reshelf some items. And suddenly, L pops right into the aisle I’m on! I was like, “Wah, he looks a lot like that mysterious trainee who performed with Infinite. Wait-” And true enough, it was L. He was turning left and right, like a lost puppy. I asked him if he was looking for something. He replied that he had literally no idea what was going on and that he’s never been to this neighborhood before. He pointed at his phone with a map of the neighborhood. I said, “There’s a mart closer to you

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter