Chapter 3

Code Name L
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Everyone lined up in the meeting room. There were three roles for tonight: Guard, Idol, and Tech. Guards were assigned to protect the idols tonight. Apparently, Kim SungGyu, the CEO of Mobius Entertainment, got a threat from this secret group called VIXX. They threatened to shut down the entire Music Bank if SungGyu let his entertainment’s group Infinite perform tonight. SungGyu and SungYeol were pretty close friends in high school, so of course SungYeol accepted the offer, considering we are somewhat a bodyguard service. The Idols were assigned to “blend in” with the other idols, keeping a closer watch and always standing near the targets we needed to protect. The Techs were assigned to stay near the Lights and Sound director, as well as the stage lights, in case VIXX decides to shut off all electricity.

SungYeol looked MyungSoo up and down, “He could pass as an idol, right? Next.”
His secretary nodded and then handed MyungSoo a tag that said “Idol 7.”
He looked around to find SanHa. EunWoo grabbed his shoulder and pulled him out of the crowd.
“L! What did you get?” SanHa asked.
“They put me as an Idol.”
“Ahh, of course, you have that vibe…” SanHa laughed, “I’m a Guard!”
“I’m a Tech,” EunWoo says, “Specifically in the Lights department.”

After everyone was assigned, they dismissed the agents with huge packets of paper. It was as if it could be published to become a book. MyungSoo flipped through the pages. It was in-depth information the agents needed to know about the location and the Infinite members. There were 6 of them: SungGoon(SungGyu’s nephew), WooHyun, DongWoo, Hoya, DaeYeol(SungYeol’s son), and SungJong. MyungSoo learned the dance pretty quickly. It must be his secret talent. On the ride to Music Bank, he tried to cram in informatoin. He couldn’t remember much, but he remembered specifically that SungGoon was allergic to certain types of metal. That’s about it.

---

“Okay, done!” The stylist said.

MyungSoo looked in the mirror. He looked like a new person. I’ve never seen any gel in my hair in my life, he thought. His outfit looked like it came out of a movie. Apparently, they wanted to put him as a background dancer for Infinite because he was claimed to be “the only one SungGyu would actually choose as a real trainee for his entertainment.”

“Infinite, you’re up in 6 minutes!” A man said over the speakers.
MyungSoo smiled and followed the arrows to the stage. He located Infinite and sauntered near, trying not to get too close, but also keeping them in eyesight. Suddenly, the members gathered around SungGoon.
“SungGoon! Are you okay?” They started calling, trying to fan SungGoon.
“It’s so hard to breathe…” He said, his face red.
They took off his jacket and offered him water.
“Excuse me,” MyungSoo squeaked almost inaudibly.
WooHyun turned around.
“I think the stylist made a mistake,” MyungSoo said, pointing at the metal necklace SungGoon was wearing.
“I definitely didn’t put that in the box!” The stylist shouted, “What happened?!”

It was definitely VIXX. They knew SungGoon couldn’t perform like this, MyungSoo thought. WooHyun took off the necklace and immediately called 911.

“Do you think you can still sing?” Hoya asked.
SungGoon couldn’t even talk at this point; he just shook his head.
They looked around, and suddenly, all of their eyes went to MyungSoo.
“What’s your name? I don’t remember seeing you in the trainee room," WooHyun questioned.
“I-I’m MyungSoo. I’m a replacement f-for another dancer.”
“We need to perform in 2 minutes, what do we do…” Hoya put his hands to his face.
“Can I suggest MyungSoo filling in?” SanHa interrupted, coming out of nowhere.
MyungSoo's heart stopped.
“You sing?” WooHyun asked.
“I-I can try.”
“Do you know our songs?”
“Yes, very well.” He didn't tell them that he listened to almost every track ever released on repeat for the past 4 hours.
“Okay, let him in,” WooHyun waved at a Tech.
Suddenly, 3 people came to MyungSoo and set him up with mics, touched up his face, and fixed his hair a bit, adding more gel once again.

His heart was beating faster than he thought was possible. He followed the members onto stage, and the screaming crowd scared him even more.
“Good evening, Inspirits!” DongWoo shouted to the fans, “How have you been?”
“Good!” They all said in unison.
Some of the fans had worried looks in their eyes, seeing that SungGoon wasn’t on stage.
“SungGoon isn’t feeling too well, but we have a little buddy here, MyungSoo. He’s a trainee, and he’s really shy!”
The crowd looked at MyungSoo with curious eyes. He gulped and looked to the right. SanHa gave him a thumbs up.
“Hello, I’m Kim MyungSoo."
He looked to the back and saw EunWoo near the other Techs. His mouth was wide open.
The crowd cheered MyungSoo on as he smiled slightly.
“You’re a quiet one, aren’t you?” WooHyun joked, “Well, does everyone wanna hear him play the guitar?”
“Yes!!” The crowd shouted.
“How did you know I could play the guita

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter