Chapter 18

Code Name L
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

MiJoo's dream job was to be a writer. She imagined sitting by her window sill, typing on her laptop, sipping on her not-too-sweet-not-too-bitter coffee. There was light rain tapping on the window. Her cat Seok hopped up and purred against her leg.

"Seok-ah," MiJoo smiled. She turned back to the story she was typing on her laptop screen.

She looked up and saw the man who just knocked down her window. His familiar smile was one of an honest man. He held a phaser in his hand, and he had a helmet that covered his face.
"I'm here to save you from the aliens outside, m'am," He said as an explosion was heard from outside.
"Excuse me, but I'm not evacuating from this invasion," She scoffed, "I survived last time, so I will this time."
"I don't want to lose you again," he said.
"Again?"
He took off his helmet.
She gasped, "H-Hyungseob!"
A tear fell down her cheek. He walked over to her carefully and lightly wiped away her tears.
"Th-They told me you were shot- At the Agora-"
"Well, they're not wrong, but I'm still alive."
"You came so late... Oh, you came so late, Hyungseob!! I missed you so much, everyday, I thought you were dead..."
"I'm sorry for not coming earlier. The aliens took me as hostage. I missed you so much, MiJoo... Joo... MiJoo!!"

MiJoo jumped up from her daydream. The rain was pouring hard outside.
"MiJoo, quit sleeping on the job!" Her boss shouted.
"S-Sorry," She checked her watch. She had thirty minutes before her night shift ended. It has been a week since the movie "date." She tried to message him on Kakao, but he didn't check his messages at all. She was worried about what kind of meeting MyungSoo had that night. Was something wrong?
She stood up and started stocking the shelves. The doorbell jingled as someone entered.
"Welcome!" MiJoo said, continuing to stock shelves.
"MiJoo," a voice said.

She looked up and saw a man in a black hoodie. His familiar smile was one of an honest man.

"MyungSoo," She gasped, seeing that he was holding a bouquet of pink roses. He was a little wet from the rain.

"I wanted to say sorry for leaving the movies early. It was rude of me-"
"No!" She quickly interrupted him, "It was probably important. There's no reason to be sorry. I missed you, by the way."
"I did as well," He laughed, "I'm sorry for being MIA for so long."
He handed her the roses.
"MyungSoo, you really don't have to-"
"But I would like to," He said, smiling again.
He reminded her of HyungSeob from her story.

"Will you be with me forever?" HyungSeob said as he handed her the phaser, "I love you."

"Will you ring up a few items for me?" MyungSoo said as he grabbed a drink from the fridge and a seaweed rice wrap, "I'm hungry."
"O-Oh, of course," she ran back to the counter and checked his items out. She laughed to herself at the thought of MyungSoo being HyungSeob.

"What's with the roses, though? A little too formal for an apology, I think," She chuckled.
"R-Really?" MyungSoo scratched his head and laughed.
"Sometimes you do things that are so odd. As if you've never been in public before. I'm not s

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter