Chapter 16

Code Name L
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

MyungSoo read the text with worry and checked his watch. He looked up at the movie. He remembered this scene, and it was nowhere near the ending..

"Something wrong?" MiJoo whispered, realizing MyungSoo kept checking the time.
"I think I have a meeting... with Infinite."
"Well, it must be important, then. Just leave quietly, and I'll tell the others after the movie is over."
"Thanks, MiJoo, you're the best," MyungSoo whispered.

Just when MiJoo thought he was ready to grab his bag and dash, he gave her a hug instead, causing her to choke on her drink.

"S-Sorry," he said, handing her a napkin.
"No, I just wished it was a longer one," she whispered and laughed.

He smiled again and waved discreetly before leaving.

She put her hand on her head. Gosh, why is it so hot in here? My heart is beating like crazy... She quickly took a big gulp of her drink and shook her head, trying to regain her sanity. No, it's nothing. MyungSoo is just an overall nice guy to everyone.

---

MyungSoo hastened down the street. He saw DaeYeol waiting outside in the dark.
"Ah, MyungSoo!" DaeYeol whispered as he flagged him down.
"What's going on?" MyungSoo rushed to him.
"Th-They found out... about you... and your job. They're having a meeting in SungGoon's room right now. I-I didn't know what to do..." DaeYeol put his hands to his head and sighed, "Oh, man, my dad is gonna kill me--"
"Don't worry," MyungSoo said, "We're going to clear this up."

---

DaeYeol entered the room, and MyungSoo followed in a few steps after. All the members looked up; they were all quiet.

"MyungSoo," The leader broke the silence, "Can we talk a bit? As a group, I mean."

MyungSoo nodded as he sat down with the circle.

"I'm assuming DaeYeol told you about the situation... Is it true?"
MyungSoo hesitated, "How much do you know..?"
"We know you're hiding something. And we want to know the whole truth... from the beginning to the end," Hoya said in a strong tone, causing everyone to skip a heartbeat, "What I mean is, we shouldn't keep anymore secrets, MyungSoo. We're a family, aren't we? Don't you trust us?"
MyungSoo sighed, tears falling on the cold floor they were sitting on. DongWoo handed him a tissue and patted him on the back.
"Of course I trust you guys," MyungSoo said, sniffing quietly, "You're my family."
Their eyes softened on MyungSoo, watching as he tried to hold back tears.
"I really wish I could tell you guys everything. But I've taken an oath, and I cannot say anything since it is confidential. But I think you guys ought to know at least the real reason why I'm here."

SungGoon put a hand on his shoulder, "MyungSoo, take your time. We're here for you."
The others nodded.
MyungSoo took a few breaths, trying to calm himself.

"I'm a member of the SungYeol Secret Service, known as the SSS. Basically, I work as a spy under the government. My missions are classified, but one of my current missions as of now is to protect you guys."
The members looked around at each other.
"At first it was to protect you guys from another incident with VIXX, but those guys have long been caught and put int

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter