Chapter 40

Code Name L
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

The SSS was no longer a secret. So would it still be called the SSS? Or just the SS?

It didn't matter because everyone was happy when the president came to visit the facility immediately after to thank each and every agent for their service.

"M-Mr. President!!" SanHa squeaked.

The president turned and smiled widely.

"D-Does this mean that I don't have to enlist in the military since I'm already technically working for the government?"

The president nodded, "Of course! You guys work just as hard as the other soldiers!!"

SanHa jumped up and down in joy.

"Well, MyungSoo, how does it feel not having to hide the fact that you're an agent in love with a girl named MiJoo?" EunWoo said, patting MyungSoo's shoulder.

"It feels like I've just been freed from a cage," MyungSoo smiled, "Everything is all solved and done!!"

"This is like a happy ending, huh?" Rocky grinned.

"Yes... A happy ending," MyungSoo felt warm thinking about it.

But little did they know that it was not quite the ending just yet. Dr. Song watched the other agents in anger. How could his perfect plan backfire just like this? How could it be that MyungSoo had so many people on his side? He thought that if he had exposed MyungSoo, then the entire SSS would be gone for.

"If I can't ruin the SSS and have it for myself... Then no one can have it..." He thought as he watched the agents with fire in his eyes.

---

That evening

MyungSoo was glad that he didn't have to live in hiding anymore. He got his phone back from Mr. Lee and immediately called MiJoo.

"M-MyungSoo?" She said into the phone, "It's really you....?"

"Yes... I'm so sorry for making you wait so long," MyungSoo said, closing his eyes as he laid on his bed.

"I'll wait for an eternity if it means I'll be able to see you again soon," She said, "So I guess you can finally contact me now, huh?"

"Yup! I can even visit you when I'm not on missions, too!"

"That's amazing, MyungSoo," She said before tearing up, "Do you remember when you came to the corner store every night? I wish you could come again. But... This time, let's meet on my lunch break. Believe it or not, I don't think I've ever seen you at a normal time of day until today at the press conference."

"W-What?" MyungSoo recalled his memories, "Oh, it's true!! When I met you, it was always late at night... MiJoo, let's... Let's be a normal couple now. I don't want to make it harder for you anymore. I love you."

MiJoo's heart skipped a beat at those words.

"I love you, too," She said as she smiled warmly.

"Good night, my love," He said, sending a little kiss over the phone.

She giggled before she returned his good night and hung up.

"How did I meet such an amazing guy?!" She squealed as she punched her pillow in happiness.

"Eww~~" SanHa scrunched his face, "You guys are so cheesy~"

MyungSoo chuckled and nudged SanHa. He put his phone back into his pocket.

"So... Now.... We have to find who threatened SungGyu, right?" EunWoo said.

"Do you think... It was Dr--"

Suddenly, the intercoms in the entire facility blared on with white noise. The three of them covered their ears at the loud sound.

"You thought you could beat me?!" The voice boomed, "You can't!! If I can't have the SSS, then no one can!! Lee SungYeol, it was ME who should've owned the SSS, not you! You think I wouldn't be mad when I came out of prison and found that you had already started the SSS without me?! I could've made so much profit if you stupid imbeciles didn't start the SSS without me!! I want my money now!!"

"That's Dr. Song!!" MyungSoo said, "Guys, we need to get him right now!!"

"But how?! We don't even know where he i-"

The floors started to shake.

"What's going on?!"

There was a loud boom, almost deafening. 

Suddenly.... silence.

MyungSoo's ears were ringing and he tried to feel his surroundings. It was dark.

"...Soo!! ..... M.... Can..... hear.... me...?"

MyungSoo continued to blink frantically as his eyes started to adjust to the dark. His hearing was coming back, and that's when he heard SanHa crying.

"Hyung!!" He heard the younger one's screaming.

"I'm here, I'm here!" MyungSoo shouted back

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter