Chapter 34

Code Name L
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

MyungSoo's body was shaking. It was so much to process. He couldn't even think properly. His parents really had a bad tragedy like that? It was no wonder Mr. Lee always looked so serious.

It was true that he had a fear of fires. He never knew why. He had recurring dreams of that night, and now it made sense.

Sometimes he would have dreams of being stuck in a burning house, but there would be shackles on his legs. He would scream but no one was there. MyungSoo just assumed it was just a bad nightmare. He was an insomniac because of a dream he didn't even understand.

Other dreams would be pitch black. And all he could hear was a small voice saying, "Sleep now, my little star..."

He closed his eyes, trying to absorb all of this new information. Then he slowly opened his eyes. Mr. Lee was crying while retelling the story.

"I never once felt like I didn't want to be in the SSS," MyungSoo said, breaking the silence, "Like you said earlier, I naturally love to help people. Maybe this was actually a blessing, being brought here. I'd rather take the pain then have others go through the same thing my parents went through. Even though I don't know my parents, I know that they mean a lot to you, Mr. Lee. And if being here alive makes you happy, then I'm happy as well, because you are a dad to me, even though I cannot call you by that name."

"Oh gosh, MyungSoo, you're all grown up..."

He pulled MyungSoo into a hug and patted him on the shoulder.

"Your parents would've loved to see you grow up so well like this."

Mr. Lee pulled MyungSoo away and studied MyungSoo's face.

"You truly look like your father..." Mr. Lee sniffed.

"Mr. Lee, I actually have something else to tell you."

Mr. Lee's eyes widened, "Something else?"

MyungSoo nodded, "I actually feel like I'm being treated... unfair."

"About what?"

"You just told me that you continued the SSS to protect the ones you love. But what about who I love? What about me? I know I was wrong to expose my identity to Infinite and MiJoo, but can you punish me another way? I love them as much as you loved my parents. And I can't see them anymore because you refuse to let me talk to the outside world."

Mr. Lee frowned. He didn't know MyungSoo felt this way.

"I could take a shot for them... Well, I took an actual shot for MiJoo... But I really want to protect them, Mr. Lee. Please, let me see them, if only for a minute. I promise my identity won't be exposed to anyone else. They only know who I am because I trusted them."

Mr. Lee sighed, "You know that if I let you go see people out there, I'd have to allow the others as well? It's too risky, MyungSoo. I can't lose you."

"Mr. Lee," MyungSoo got on his knees, "I'm afraid that if you don't let me go, I might lose MiJoo and Infinite as well. I can't lose them either."

Mr. Lee tried to pull MyungSoo up, but MyungSoo stayed put, still firmly kneeling.

"Please," MyungSoo begged, his voice like a whisper, "I promise that they wo

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter