End

Code Name L
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

3 years later...

"Good morning, sleepyhead~" MiJoo's voice sang beside him.

MyungSoo groaned and blindly grabbed her waist and pulled her closer.

"Yah... You have a meeting today with Mr. Lee today, don't you? C'mon, let's get out of bed."

"5 more minutes~" He said, snuggling closer to her and patting her hair, "Did you sleep well?"

"I did."

"Did our little baby sleep well, too?"

He felt her tummy and she laughed, "Yes, she was kicking all night, though. Can you buy me pork belly on the way back from your meeting?"

"Again?! You're craving pork belly again?!"

"Yes, I can already smell it," She giggled, "C'mon~"

"Okay... Anything for my wife and our little baby..."

She planted a kiss on his forehead, "Alright, now get out of bed, sleepyhead!!"

He sat up and placed his legs lazily on the floor. He looked at the bookshelf in front of him and saw MiJoo's latest novel delicately placed beside his latest album release with Infinite.

"Could you do the cover art for my newest novel again?" MiJoo said, sitting down beside him as they looked at the shelf together.

"Another novel?! I guess I should come back with Infinite and release a new album, too!" MyungSoo joked.

The two sat side by side in silence. MyungSoo looked down at the scar he got on his leg from the blade of glass three years ago. He was so lucky that he survived back then and that he could still walk and run. He thought of SanHa, who ended up having prosthetic legs for the rest of his life... And EunWoo, who hasn't talked since then.

"Hey," MiJoo said, putting her hand on his chin and raising it, "What's up?"

"Do you think... that if I had never been in Infinite, my friends would've ended up alright?"

"MyungSoo... None of this is your fault. Remember...? Did you cause that building collapse?"

"...No."

"Then, don't blame yourself for it. You can't say your friends were hurt because of you. It was because Dr. Song bombed the facility that day, right?"

He smiled lightly and wiped his tears.

MiJoo chuckled, "And... if you never joined Infinite... You would've never met me."

MyungSoo looked into her eyes, "You're right."

"Yes, I know I'm right," MiJoo rolled her eyes sarcastically until he felt MyungSoo pull her into a kiss.

"Hey~!" She laughed, "You're always surprising me, aren't you?"

"Well, it's always a life of surprise when you're married to a secret agent!!" He gleamed.

---

"MyungSoo... I want you... to be the new leader of the SSS," Mr. Lee said, as he spun his coffee with a spoon.

"M-Me?" MyungSoo's eyebrows raised.

"Yes... It's hard to believe, but I think you'd really make it great. I want to retire, too, you know," Mr. Lee chuckled.

"Why me?"

"MyungSoo, you've really got that instinct for helping, just like your dad. You've survived everything in your life. How? Who knows, but the fact that you're here today makes me so glad. It's like I've fulfilled your dad's promise of raising you well. And now, I want you to continue helping others, even if I'm not beside you. You're an adult already. And I know your parents are watching you from above, seeing how amazing you've grown up. MyungSoo, it's time for me to say my farewell to the SSS. I've had a good run. But now it's your turn."

Mr. Lee handed him the keys to his office, "You'll accept this, right?"

MyungSoo blinked away a few tears and nodded, "I won't fail you."

Mr. Lee smiled and stood up, "I'll come visit you. And please... invite me to your baby shower."

MyungSoo laughed, "Of course!"

"I guess this is goodbye for a while..." Mr. Lee said, "Goodbye, MyungSoo."

The two hugged tightly.

"Goodbye, Mr. Lee," MyungSoo replied, "Goodbye.... Dad."

Mr. Lee's eyes widened.

"Just because you're not biologically related to me doesn't mean you can't be a father-figure to me..."

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter