[BONUS 3!]Nam WooHyun, Part 2

Code Name L
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

A/N: Ah~ Sorry sorry~ For not updating as quickly as usual... I have Part 2 of Will You Remember Me for you guys! And the poster is complete! Go check it out and comment what you think ^^

 

 

 

 

 

Will You Remember Me?

Months passed. I already cleared my head of any thought of infatuation of that patient, Nam WooHyun. I couldn't afford to be waiting for him to come to the hospital every time.

Or at least I tried to clear my head.

Everytime I had a bad day, I tried to feel better by treating myself out for dinner. My legs kept bringing me back to the place we went to on our first "date." And I kept going back to the park. I finally understood why WooHyun liked the park. There was something about the park that made me feel better. Maybe it was because there could be a chance I would see WooHyun there.

---

It was a cold day in December. He came to the hospital. But I knew his schedule. He came for weekly checkups on Wednesday. It was definitely Friday.

We made eye contact. He had a warm smile. He called my name and waved. I smiled back. Then, I saw Doctor Kim coming up to WooHyun and shaking his hand.

"It was nice to be able to follow you on your journey," The young doctor said, "Hope we don't have to see you again!"
WooHyun laughed, "Well, as much as I love you Dr. Kim, I hope we don't see each other again as well. Oh-- wait--"
He pulled out an envelope from a tote bag he was carrying, "I came to the hospital to invite everyone to my cancer free party this weekend!"
"Thank you! I will most definitely come if I do not have a shift then. And please, call me Kim MyungSoo. We're close enough to be friends, hmm?"
WooHyun smiled widely, "Of course!"
He turned to me and motioned for me to come over. I tried not to look excited and casually walked over.
"You are invited as well, my favorite nurse."
I laughed and accepted the envelope. The front cover of the card said "I Kicked Cancer's !" I opened the card.

Hello~
You are cordially invited to my Cancer Free Extravaganza... My sister came up
with the title... Don't ask.... Anyway, I hope you can come because it'll be pretty
awesome! Also, I'm keeping my promise of singing to you when I got better.
So please come! I have a song prepared as well ^^

Location: It'll be at the Seoul Theatre, yes... My close friend rented it out before telling me... I was going to host it at my house. Ah, Seoul Theatre is really expensive, but I suppose a reception hall is pretty nice. ^^

Attire: I suppose semi-formal would be optimal ㅎㅎㅎ

- WooHyunnie

---

The weekend came slowly, and I panicked over finding an outfit to wear. After probably twenty changes, I settled on my favorite gray sweater and a black A-Line skirt with tights underneath. Hopefully that would keep me warm for the evening.

I drove to the reception hall, and when I walked into the hall, it was full of people not only from the hospital. I chatted around with the people. Some of them were his acquaintances in college. Others were people who donated to help support his treatment. I was touched that he was friends with so many people. It just showed how charismatic and caring he was.

I knew WooHyun loved music, but I never really asked him about what he did for a living. I found out from his friend that he was actually a part-time music teacher at an elementary school in Busan. He was only at Seoul Hospital because they offered to treat him with little money.

Finally, I bumped into WooHyun at the banquet table. He was wearing a black shirt with half-white sleeves, paired with black pants.

"Wow, you look amazing!!" He chuckled.
"You don't look too bad yourself," I laughed.
I sat at a table with a few of my coworkers, as well as Doctor Kim with his wife. It turns out we had a VIP table near the front of the stage.

The scene resembled something like a really cliché Cinderella ball. The room was overflowing with people chattering.

Suddenly, WooHyun walked onto the stage. He smiled. I saw his canine teeth that he hated so much. But to me, I found them very much charming.

"Now that everyone has arrived," He cleared his throat, "I just want to thank you all for coming. A few could not make it due to their schedule, but I just want to thank those who are not in the room as well. I... am so glad to be here standing in front of all of you. Months ago, I thought I only had a limited amount of time left. I thought my life was really going to end. And the worst was that because my lungs were weak, I couldn't sing like I wanted. But here I am, with all of your help. All of your support, treatment, donations... I can't thank you enough. I would like to sing you guys a little song..." He looked at me, "I promised a certain lady that I would sing for her once I got better, and here I am now, with cancer-free lungs and ready to sing my heart out!"

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter