Chapter 24

Code Name L
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

MyungSoo yelled and struggled as Manager D tied him to a chair and SoYoon talked.
"We need to do something, I'm serious," DongWoo said, "MyungSoo's going to really die!!"
"I got a plan, wait here!" WooHyun whispered before running off.
"Y-Yah, come back!" SungGoon hissed, but WooHyun was already out of the window.

"So, now that you know my story, how do you feel?" SoYoon smirked.
"In my defense," MyungSoo said, his voice getting scratchy from shouting, "I never wanted to be an elite. And I'm not Mr. Lee's favorite... He takes care of me for a reason, even if he hasn't told me why."
"That doesn't change the fact that you're the reason RokHyun broke up with me," she growled back.

Then, his manager tied MiJoo to a chair as well, and they were facing back to back.
"M-MyungSoo," MiJoo said, tears in her eyes, "What's going on?"
"Don't worry, I'll get us out of here," He replied.
SoYoon's scoffed, "You're awfully talkative for a person who has their life on the line."
"You know this as much as me. SSS agents don't kill," MyungSoo replied, "I'm not here to kill you, and you definitely shouldn't be pointing that gun at me if you ever think of rejoining the SSS. How about we both call peace?"
MyungSoo's idea of a bargain angered SoYoon. He just wants to quit all of this? After all I've done to get him?
"I think the two of us will have peace once you're dead," Manager D said.
MyungSoo glared at the two, "Nothing's going to change if you really want to kill me. When I'm gone, will SoYoon get her elite position back? That's a joke. She's not in the SSS anymore. And Manager, if you really kill me, will you live a normal life as Infinite's manager? You're bound to get caught."
MyungSoo quietly starting pulling on the zip-tie around MiJoo's wrist. His hands hurt so badly, but he continued to use his fingernail to rip the plastic. His training with SSS was worth it, after all. He felt his fingernails starting to bleed. MiJoo felt the rope loosened. She gasped but MyungSoo hushed her quietly.

Suddenly, there was loud banging from outside the place. WooHyun continued to bang the outside of the factory entrance door with a pipe.
"C'mon, hopefully this will slow things down before the cops come," WooHyun prayed.

"What--" SoYoon turned around.
"Who's there?" Manager D asked SoYoon.
"I'll go check!" SoYoon ran to the door.
"MiJoo," MyungSoo whispered small enough so that he wouldn't be heard over the banging, "When I tell you to, I want you to run to that window over there. You see there?"
MiJoo focused to the right of her.
"And once you get out of there, I want you to run as quickly as possible. SanHa called the SSS to come to my location, so find an agent and they'll bring you to a safe spot. Understand?"
"Who's the SSS, I don't understand..."
"MiJoo, you have to trust me on this--"
"MyungSoo, I can't leave you."
"You're not leaving me. Don't worry, I'll come to you right after, okay?"
MiJoo's eyes welled with tears.
"MiJoo... you have to trust me. Go."
She nodded, but her entire body felt stiff.
"Where do you think you're going, Miss MiJoo?" Manager D growled, overhearing their whispering.
"Go!" MyungSoo shouted.
As if she had no control, her legs went straight into a sprint and she dashed faster than she ever had in her life. MyungSoo pushed himself and the chair to kick Manager D with his legs.
"You just don't know your place, huh?" The manager shouted.
He pulled out a gun and aimed it at MiJoo.
"You kill the girl, and you'll regret it," MyungSoo said, his voice suddenly darkening.
Manager D grabbed MyungSoo and flung him across the room, causing MyungSoo to hit the hard, dirty cement. Fortunately, the chair had broken. MyungSoo used the sharp edge of the wood and chopped the zip-tie. He jumped over to the manager and tackled him. The manager pulled the trigger and the first bullet had hit the ceiling. MiJoo fell at the sound. 
"Miss MiJoo!!" DaeYeol hissed, calling behind the box.
She looked up and saw the other Infinite members by the boxes near the window MyungSoo had pointed to. She started crying as she tried to stand back up. Her knees were weak from fear.
The manager quickly got up and pointed the gun again at MiJoo. MyungSoo saw the manager's finger on the trigger, ready to pull. MyungSoo's legs immediately straightened and broke into a run to grab the gu

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter