Chapter 7

Code Name L
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

5:30 A.M.

MiJoo tossed and turned in her bed. The test anxiety of her chemistry test in a few hours kept her awake.
“Maybe I should get some fresh air…”
She her lamp, grabbed a coat, and went up her apartment building to the rooftop. She had the perfect view of Seoul. She looked down at the street below and saw a stray cat saunter down the side. She then heard footsteps and looked to her left. It was MyungSoo.
“Hey!” MiJoo whispered.
MyungSoo stopped walking and looked up to the tall building. He waved. She motioned for him to come up. He hesitated, but quietly decided to take the flight of stairs up to MiJoo.

“Why are you up at such a late hour?” MyungSoo asked.
“I should ask you the same thing. Don’t tell me you had food cravings at 5 in the morning.”
“I just had a few errands to do, before the sun rises.”
She looked at his bookbag, “Are you a student?”
He froze. He had the confidential information about the meeting in his bag.
“Uh, not really. I just like to read,” He lied.
It wasn’t a total lie, though. MyungSoo really loved reading novels.
“Oh… I don’t want to be rude, but, how old are you?”
MyungSoo laughed, “No, it’s not rude. I’m 21. You?”
“I’m 20. I didn't know we were this close in age."
They looked up at the stars that were slowly fading because the sun was going to rise at any moment.
“It’s funny how we always meet at the weirdest times. I don’t think I’ve ever seen you in broad daylight.”
MyungSoo laughed.
“I just woke up," MiJoo said, "I’m nervous about a chemistry test I have today.”
“Don’t worry, as long as you studied, I know you’ll do well.”
“Thanks,” she smiled.
The two watched the sun peek through the buildings of Seoul.
“Woah…” The two said at the same time.
They looked at each other and laughed. MyungSoo pulled out a huge camera from his bag.
“Are you a photographer?” MiJoo’s eyes widened.
He snapped a picture. “Just a hobby,” he said as he looked at the photo.
He scooted closer and showed her the picture.
“You have some real talent!” She gasped, “The more I talk to you, the more surprising things I learn about you. I still can’t believe you’re in Infinite.”
“Well, yes, I’m debuting soon.”
He stood up slowly, and she followed after.
“I have to leave now. It was nice seeing you again, MiJoo,” MyungSoo put his camera back in his bag, “Maybe we’ll s

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter