[BONUS 1!] A DongWoo Drabble

Code Name L
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Hey readers! Just wanted to say thanks again for reading my story :'^) I'm working on the story, but I don't want you guys to be waiting 10 years for a new update, haha~ So I'm thinking of posting some "bonus chapters" every once in a while ^^
Note that these chapters have nothing to do with Code Name L, it's just for my readers as a "gift" of thanks for reading. Hope you guys enjoy ^^

 

The Florist

(A/N: This is based off of DongWoo's Instagram posts ^^)

 

 

DongWoo. The handsome florist at the end of my street. His shop was small, but his heart was big. I stop by to say hi every day as I walk to university. He's always asking me, "Hey, don't you have a boyfriend?"

Well, at first he asked me because he wanted to sell me flowers to give to my lover. I always said no.

I wasn't lying. I don't have a boyfriend.

A few months after our daily visits, he shocked me. It was the evening before my older sister's wedding. I was coming in to pick up the flowers for the bouquet toss. DongWoo looked up as I walked in. It was the first time we made eye contact.

"Hey... You look beautiful."

I froze as I watched him look back down and continue clipping flower stems, as if nothing happened. Then he continued:

"You remind me of a carnation. Like nice, pure white carnations."

I blushed a bit, sitting on a stool in my white dress.

"Do you want to come?" I asked, "To my sister's wedding, I mean."

"Me?"

"No, DongWoo, I'm talking to the flowers. Yes, you!" I laughed.

"Well, I shouldn't be inviting myself to your sister's wedding."

"No, you're invited! So will you come?" I lied, but I didn't think my sister would mind, considering he was giving us this bouquet for free.

"M-Me?" He stuttered again, "Well, if you insist. It's not like someone will come to buy flowers at this time."

He took off his apron.

"Do I look okay?" He asked.

I walked up to him and helped pick off all the flower petals on his shirt. He smelled like flowers himself- you know, since he's working with flowers all day. I gave him a thumbs up and we both headed out.

The reception that evening was beautiful. My sister and her husband looked beautiful. The night was beautiful. My cousin pulled me to the side.

"Who is that?" My cousin whispered as she looked over at DongWoo, "Your boyfriend~?"

I scoffed, "No, of course not!"

I looked at him, casually fitting in with all of the other bachelors at the party. His laugh could be heard so clearly. In that moment, he looked like an angel. He looked over at me and smiled. I blushed again.

The last song played, and he came up to me.

"May I have this dance?" He asked.

My mouth literally opened and I quickly closed it as I nodded. He held my hand as he led me towards the center. At that moment, I felt jealous of the flowers in his shop. He held flowers every day, but the feeling of him holding my hand was undescribable. We swayed back and forth.

"You really do look like a white carnation... That's a compliment."

I laughed quietly, "Thank you."

"Do you know the meaning of white carnations in flower language?"

"No, I just know roses mean love or something..."

He smiled, "White carnations mean 'pure love.'"

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter