[BONUS 4!] Nam WooHyun, Part 3

Code Name L
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

A/N: Yahoo~ Part 3 is here~ Sorry to leave you guys in suspense for so long, haha ^^

Will You Remember Me?

My heart almost shattered. I finally know where WooHyun is six months later, and it had to be in Seoul Hospital again?

"Noona?" Nurse Lee nudged my shoulder, "Are you okay?"

"H-Huh?"

"Well.. You just look a little pale."

"Oh... It's nothing, SungJong. I-I'll see you during lunch. I should go see the new patients."

"Okay, see you~!"

I walked to WooHyun's room gloomily. The door was slightly open. I knocked lightly.

"Come in!"

His voice was still charming as ever. I opened the door and my hand went to my mouth. He looked like he lost all his energy. He lost so much weight. He looked like the first day I met him. It was Day 1 all again.

"Oh?! My favorite nurse!!" WooHyun exclaimed as he smiled, "Yah... We meet again! Are you my nurse?"

I nodded and smiled weakly. I wiped my tears.

"Ah~ Don't cry... I'm fine, see?" He smiled again, "Come here..."

He pulled me into a hug. I couldn't hold myself together and started sobbing. Horribly.

"Are you angry at me for leaving Facebook? I couldn't help it... Actually, I was rushed to the hospital a few months ago because I had fainted again. Gosh, that stupid cancer came back. The doctors lost my phone on the way to the hospital. Since I was at the hospital all the time, I had no access to getting a new phone. I was in Busan Hospital. They tried to treat me, but their technology was nowhere as advanced as Seoul Hospital. So I was in Busan Hospital, just waiting for an open spot to transfer to Seoul. I was getting worse by the day. I asked my sister to buy me a new phone, but she yelled at me, telling me that news articles online say that phones can increase stress and anxiety. I really wished I could contact you... Anyway, my health kept getting worse, and they couldn't wait anymore, so now I'm here with my crippling health... I don't know if I'll make it this time, nurse."

"Don't say that," I cried, "WooHyun, you idiot! The whole time I thought you were ignoring me... I'm just glad you're alive, please don't say that!"

WooHyun patted my hair, "I'm sorry.. I've just felt a little down lately... Thank you for caring for me."

"I missed you so much, seriously."

"I missed you, too. Well, since I'm in Seoul.... We should hang out again!" He laughed.

I smiled lightly and laughed.

"Wow, I missed your smile~" He cooed as he pinched my cheeks.

---

Well, we couldn't exactly hang out considering he couldn't even leave his room. But I ate lunch in his room, and we talked about our day and other topics, just like old times.

It turns out that WooHyun's health was not as good as I thought. They made him wait in Busan Hospital for too long. I had hope that we would get well again. I hated to see him like this.

One night, I passed by his room. I looked through the door window. WooHyun was sleeping. He looked so relaxed. So peaceful. He didn't look like he was in pain.

I started crying. I hated this situation so much. Why did WooHyun have to suffer, of all people? Could it have been different?

"N-Noona," A hand went on my shoulder, "Hey, what's wrong?"

"S-SungJong..." I hiccuped, "SungJong... WooHyun will be okay, right?"

"I... I don't know. I wish I could tell you, but only God knows. Why so sudden...?"

"Dr. Kim told me the results of WooHyun's CT scan. He's not doing well."

"What do you mean?"

"The cancer is spreading to his head," I slid down to the floor in tears.

Nurse Lee squatted down and patted my shoulder, "Noona... We have to think positively, hmm? WooHyun wouldn't be happy if he saw you crying like this."

"There's a small chance of him living past 6 months..."

"But there is a chance. Even if it is 0.0001%, there is still hope. And even if it turns out that what the doctor said is true... Then wouldn't you want him happy? Try to make his last days worth it. You know my sister passed away from cancer, too, right?"

I nodded slowly.

"She was so young... I really tried to do what she always wanted... We did everything on her bucket list, from amusement parks to musicals. She loved musicals so much...  But what I'm trying to say is this. Make WooHyun's last hours count or you'll regret it."

"You're right. WooHyun really deserves the world."

---

2 months later...

"Ready to go?" I said, holding his suitcase.

"Yeah," WooHyun replied, placing his folded patient clothes on the bed, "Gosh, it feels like forever since I've been able to go home."

 

I helped him onto the train and got into the seat beside him. The sun was setting and I felt my eyes getting heavy, but I was determined to bring him back home to Busan safely. The flash of the streetlights zooming by made my sleepy. I shook my head and then shuffled through my purse. I pulled out my phone and earbuds. I stuck them in my ear and some music.

"Tired?" WooHyun asked.

"A little... Wanna listen to music, too?"

He nodded. I put the other bud in his ear.

"Yah, isn't this Lately by Stevie Wonder?!" WooHyun gasped, "I love this song!!"

"It's my favorite song."

"Me, too!" He smiled contently

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter