[BONUS 2!]Nam WooHyun, Part 1

Code Name L
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

I know you guys are waiting for what happens next in Code Name L, but I'll let you guys linger in suspense, hehehe~ I promise I'm not evil! >:^)

Here's a little story for you guys, starring Nam WooHyun c:

Will You Remember Me?

    I wished I met him out of work, but alas, you’re bound to meet at least 30 patients when you work as a nurse at one of the biggest hospitals in Seoul.

    Nam WooHyun, age 25. A cancer patient on the 5th floor. And guess who was assigned to him? Me. Well, when I first walked in, he was not in his room. And of course, I freaked out. He was nice enough to leave a note, though.

Went out for some fresh air, heheh~ I’ll be back! <3

He was supposed to be on bed rest. So as his nurse, I set off to the courtyard, and fortunately, he was there, sitting on the bench.

“Nam WooHyun-ssi…”

He looked up. And my, he was actually quite handsome. I quickly shook my thoughts away.
“You should be in your room,” I breathed, trying to be firm.
“It’s boring~” He whined, “5 more minutes?”
I sighed and took a seat next to him.
“What’s your name?” He asked.
I hesitated before saying it.

He repeated my name out loud, sending chills down my spine. He said it so beautifully.
“It’s a nice name,” He flashed his teeth.

He played with a leaf in his hand while I sat beside him. There was a silence as the two of us listened to the sound of nature. He put the leaf to his mouth and started blowing softly. A small note came out, and then another note. It was a nice melody. I wonder how he learned how to make music with a small leaf like that.

“My mom taught me how to play. What do you think?” He laughed.
“It’s fascinating.”

There was a silence as the two of us looked down at our feet.

So…” He spoke up, breaking the silence, ”You probably looked at my charts, huh? The doctor told me I had lung cancer. And… I only have a limited amount of time left here..”

He kicked a pebble on the ground. I didn’t know what to say.

“It’ll be okay,” I said, trying to lighten the mood, “We’ll take care of you well and get you out of here healthy!”
He smiled, “I think we can be good friends.”
I smiled back, “Let’s get you back in your room, hm?”
He nodded, following me.

---

    It’s already understood that getting close to a patient is totally NOT what you’re supposed to do. And of course, I tried to keep my formalities with WooHyun, but he obviously saw right through me. He seemed like the type to love moving around, but rules are rules. He kept asking me to keep him company during his time at the hospital. I felt bad for not being able to chat with him for long because I have other patients to care for.

    Turns out, despite his facade of being a “strong guy,” he is deathly afraid of needles.

    On the day of his surgery to take out the tumor in his lung, he refused to even look at a needle. I told him it would be quick, and he’d be totally knocked out before he even saw the needle in his arm, but he almost had a heart attack when I held the needle in my hand.

“C-C-C-Can I just not have the anaesthesia? I-I’m fine w-without i-it--” He stuttered, trying to inch away from me.

His heart rate was way too high to even have surgery at this point.

“Now does that sound right to you?” I laughed, “WooHyun, c’mon. The doctor is coming in for your surgery soon, and we need you to calm down. One poke and we can get both the IV and the anaesthetics into you.”

He breathed heavily, covering his arms under the blanket. I sighed and put away the needle, hoping his heart rate would go down.

“You wanna watch some TV?” I said, grabbing the remote.
He shook his head, “As your friend, I request that you do not stick me with that horrible equipment.”
“Just look away and it’ll feel like a tiny pinch, hm?”

He was breathing normally now, but he quickly grabbed my hand. My heart skipped a beat and I started blushing.
“Don’t misun-understand,” He stuttered, “I'll feel better if I could held onto you… If we must get the needle in my

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter