Past Chapter 20

Passerby

“Quit spacing out.”

Kyuhyun looked beside him for the voice and forced a smile, “Oh…Minho.”

“It’s lunch time already. Everyone’s headed to canteen.” Minho sits on the empty chair before Kyuhyun and faces his friend with concern. “You look different today. Are you not feeling well, my friend?”

“I’m good Min.” Kyuhyun assured softly.

“Right, is the reason why you’re so quiet today is because of Jessica’s confession to your boyfriend?” Minho whispered.

“Nope.” Kyuhyun declined. “You should go with others. I’m staying here. I don’t feel like going down, Min.”

“GrumpyKyu!” Minho said nonchalantly. Kyuhyun frowned, he could no agree with that. “I’m staying for you so let’s talk. I don’t get to say this in front of others so I’m going to say what I thought about you for the past few months. You changed. But this new you aren’t so bad at all. Let’s say, I’m used to it. I wonder if others realize.”

“How am I now?” Kyuhyun inquired in interest.

Minho raised an eyebrow. “In my view?”

“Yeah.”

“Hmm, it’s not that you changed a lot. You’re still bright but not as you were. You’re softer now and don’t really talk a lot unless someone starts, like this. You used to be quiet when you’re in thoughts but now, it’s becoming your habit and …Now…You’re more kindhearted?”

“M-more kindhearted?” Kyuhyun chuckled. “Was I not?”

“I don’t mean that!” Minho shook his head, flattered by what he just said to him. “How do I say this…? Ah! It’s like a level up in your game character stats!”

“Is that so…” Kyuhyun smiled softly at his childish friend. “You don’t dislike me?”

“What the heck are you saying?” Minho asked, chuckling.

“Some people dislike their friends who changed mostly because they don’t fit in their reference.”

“I don’t. I believe some people would stay the same as they grow up while some don’t. Count yourself lucky for having a friend like me. You have a good change in you, Kyu.” Minho grinned, “Is it Siwon?” Kyuhyun is now blushing, looking away to hide them but to no avail. While Minho gives a playful small punch on his blushing friend shoulder, grinning ear to ear.

“Let’s play at arcade after school.” Minho suggested. “Changmin is coming too.”

Kyuhyun give it a thought. He received a call from Siwon last night saying that the boy can’t meet him the next day due to family gathering. It’s sad he won’t meet Siwon today but maybe playing with his friends could ease up this nauseating feeling that’s been bothering him for days and hours.

“Sure. Only the three of us?”

“Victoria is going to have a stay over at Sooyoung’s. So they’ll go straight home.”

Without further ado and ditching the after school duty roster, the trio straightly dash their way to their favorite arcade place near a park a few blocks away from Kyuhyun house. They have fun to their hearts. It’s been a while since the trio spent time together after school. Under the evening sky they stop by Blue Memento, a small shop that stood there for almost thirty years, run by an old lady where most people can find their favorite childhood snacks, books and accessories.

“Write here.” Minho gives Kyuhyun a paper.

“Write what?”

Changmin sighs, “Whatever you wanna write, Kyu.”

“Then what we’ll do with it?” Kyuhyun confusedly look at the paper.

“What else? Let the shop keep it!” Minho laughed.

“W-what?” Kyuhyun flabbergasted.

“This paper is special.” Despite what he said, Kyuhyun still sees nothing special from it. “You see this number?” Minho points at the left down corner of the paper. 23. “This is the customer number who participates writing a letter in this shop for this year. You can also keep your time capsule here, interesting, right?”

“Kyuhyun ah, you live in this area for almost eighteen years. It’s strange you know nothing about this shop. This place is famous for the letter and time capsule tradition.” Changmin said behind Kyuhyun while writing his stuff. “Aside from that, stories I heard even a few couple of people exchanged letters with their love ones here too.”

“Try writing something. Don’t forget to leave your name and date. After you’re done,” Minho chirped, pointing his thumb at the small red box near the old book rack that is filled with old-looking books. "Put it there.”

Kyuhyun bit his lower lip, his eyes darting between his two best friends who are busy writing whatever’s in their head. It’s not that he doesn’t know about the shop. He always passed by it everyday yet never had the chance to visit. More like, he’s reluctant since something has been drowning him to set foot each time he walked by. At certain times he would just stood there in front, questioning what kind of strange feeling of longing he has with that place when he didn’t recall ever going there before.

It was fairly alarming that he often avoided the place.

When his brown eyes met hers he smiled shyly, presenting her a short bow.

He doesn’t know what that is yet, one thing for sure it’s not the old lady.

Kyuhyun fished out a pen from his bag and begin writing on the paper given.

“What you write there?” Changmin interests. Kyuhyun immediately fold his paper and fill the red box.

“Secret.” He said, moving to choose what he wants to buy. “If I ask you won’t tell me either. I bet it’s about Victoria.”

It seems like he caught him. “Yah!” Changmin exclaimed. His face red as tomato.

“Oh sweet. I write for my future self.” Out of blue Minho admitted and receiving a smack on head from Changmin.

“No one ask, idiot.”

They take their time on bench, enjoying the ice cream and snacks they bought whilst watching the day ends.

As much as Siwon love his family, he never really likes the gatherings.

He sighed, it was a hasty move his mother made, he thought though he expected this thing to happen sooner or later.

Every family gathering they spent mostly with business talks which he’s never fond of. But it doesn’t mean he refused to listen. Someday what he heard would be useful, he’s certain at some point. The attractive lady in red just told her son that she will give her entire company shares to him. He give his father a look of confusion – until unexpectedly, his father strangely doesn’t look resistant. Jiwon worriedly look at her second older brother while Heechul sighs, rolling his eyes.

“Here we go again.” He murmured, playing the piece of steak meat with his fork. Jiwon wordlessly nudge her brother to keep quiet and listen.

“And I don’t need them. Father, I think Heechul hyung will do well.” Siwon said tightly. He’s been repeating the same line countless of times.

“As if I want it too,” Heechul lazily said still playing with the food in endless boredom. He scoffed. “It’s not like mother would give me her shares, not in million years or best, let me sit on the throne.”

“Oppa!” Jiwon exclaimed.

“What?!” Heechul mouthed.

Young Ah sipped her red wine; her glossy red lips paint a smile. How she’d like to staple the mouth of Choi’s oldest son. “Siwon ah, we know what’s best for you and the family. Also, once you graduate from college, work it out with our lovely girl, Jessica. Start discussing about the arrange marriage with her, the early preparation the better. The Jungs would really like you to be their next son-in-law.”

Clearly that’s what his mother always says and he had enough of that. Siwon grip his fist under the table, restraining the anger that’s grown.

“No. I think of her like my own sister.” He admitted. “She’s not the one I want to spend the rest of my life with.”

Heechul blinked in realization. Is his brother going to tell…?

“Father, I think you heard everything from Kyuhyun.” Siwon said calmly. “That we are lovers. I’m…serious about him… No, we’re serious of each other. I believe he’s the person I want to spend the rest of my life with. I love Kyuhyun. I’m not going to marry someone who I don’t love.”

W-Wait! Yah Choi Siwon! What’s this?! Heechul screamed inside while looking dumbfounded at his brother, dropping the fork in a clank. The sound echoes through the now quiet dinning room. How straightforward!!

“Siwon oppa…” Jiwon is currently amazed at her brother’s courage.

“Are you happy with your current relationship, Siwon?” Jaehwan asked, his kind eyes looking at his son who just spoke sincerely about his feelings.

“Yes, father.” Siwon smiled.

“You have my blessings.” Jaehwan smiled back. “Anything for you, as long as you’re happy my son.”

“Thank you father –“

“It’s an unnecessary relationship.” Young Ah insists bluntly, making the second sound frowning. “That image won’t do well for you future and this family. You better leave that boy and start your thing with Jessica. What do you see in that boy? I see that he has nothing special to be admired. He’s not worth your love.”

“Honey, that’s enough.” Jaehwan warned. “What’s wrong with you? You shouldn’t talk like that. As for now you may not accept their relationship but you can learn to be understanding of them, as a mother.”

She scoffed, looking at him in disbelieve. “Understanding? Honey, speaking of that don’t you have anything to say to them? This relationship is unnecessary and… a disgrace.”

Siwon felt a painful tug in his chest. He can’t believe his mother just said that.

“Mother!” Heechul yelled. Everything she said made his head boiling. “Please don’t talk as if Siwon happiness doesn’t have place in this family. You have yours, father has his, and everybody has. Why do you care so much about our image?!”

“This is your fault.” Heechul had to make sure whether his hearing is functional. Unbelievable, did his mother just blame him? In what case? “As the eldest son you should teach and guide your brother to lead a better life.” Young Ah said firmly. “Not to fall in the same hole as you were.”

Jaehwan sighed, “Enough, both of you.”

On the other side Jiwon is silently praying for the fight to stop soon.

"Hyung is not at fault. He didn’t do anything wrong. This is my decision.” Siwon said, attempting to defend Heechul.

“I already told you what’s best, so you better not regret it son.” Young Ah said confidently, knowing what’s under her sleeve. Knowing that the lovers are actually half-brother is a good advantage for her – a precious hidden card. Heechul got wavered by what he heard. The self-assured look on her seems suspicious. Could it be…? She knows? No, impossible unless… Father told her?

“Siwon won’t.” Heechul forced a smirk. “I’m his hyung. I’ll make sure he won’t regret what he decided. But this time, if anything happens, I’ll take care of him. When I mean anything…” His eyes give his mother’s an obvious look. “Anything.

 

 

When he saw his brother got home, he immediately put on the headset on his ears, blasting full volume and distracts himself with magazine. An efficient excuse – Ever since that breakfast at Choi household, Kyuhyun hasn’t exchange words with his brother. He won’t start unless his brother does because he felt like he shouldn’t.

The headset on both of his ear is removed and he spun around, finding Heechul and Siwon behind.

“Eh?” Is he seeing real things? “W-what are you two doing here?” Kyuhyun asked, bewildered. How come he didn’t saw them coming in earlier? The two appeared like ghost, it somehow freaked him out. “How…”

“Is that it?” Heechul ruffles Kyuhyun hair while smiling. “Where’s my ‘hi’?”

“I…uhm…Hi hyung.” Kyuhyun smiled. Heechul’s gesture somehow reminded him of his lover; he turned his head at him. “Siwon ah…”

Siwon wordlessly cup Kyuhyun face and place his lips on the kissable plump lips. Knowing Heechul was there watching, Kyuhyun shyly reply back the kiss and Siwon embrace him right after. It’s funny how these things easily made his heart flutter.

“I miss you, Kyu.”

“I miss you too, Won.” Kyuhyun heaves a soft smile, giving his lover a soft caress on back.

“ – get a space you two.” Heechul cursed.

The two boys release the hug, chuckling at the pouting Heechul – who was probably jealous of their intimate behavior. Kyuhyun doe eyes lit up, somehow looking at the older in anticipation. “What are you guys doing here?” he repeated the question he first asked when he saw them before him.

“We’re staying over.” Heechul smirked, walking over to the kitchen where Ryeowook is preparing for dinner. “Need help, brother?”

“I guess he’s back.” Ryeowook said distractedly as he’s looking at the excited Kyuhyun who’s bombing Siwon with the same question endlessly.

“I still can’t believe this. You’re joking, right?”

“Nope.” Siwon smiled.

“Don’t lie.” Kyuhyun frowned.

“I’m not lying.”

“Siwon, are you serious?”

“Deadly serious. One hundred-percent serious.” Siwon chuckled at his lover, hugging him again. “You’re so adorable Kyu.”

“Aren’t I?” Kyuhyun scoffed while smiling. “You’re a lucky guy aren’t you?”

“I am.”

Heechul takes the knife from Ryeowook and start cutting the onions. “Let me do it. So…Feeling better now?”

“Much better.” Ryeowook sighed, dropping his head to the side of the blonde’s shoulder. For days he’s been talking to Heechul about his brother non-stop, asking how he should cope with Kyuhyun after what happened since they haven’t exchange words about that. Furthermore, Kyuhyun seemed avoiding him now.

It’s truly unexpected how he could get a long with Heechul so well after their first fierce encounter. Even now he found the man comfortable to be with. In spite of the man’s straightforwardness, his heart is as gold as his siblings. “Thanks and don’t call me brother. I’m having goose bumps.”

“Are you denying that fact?” Heechul smirked. “You’re funny, Wook. Last time you said no one can change what labels you –”

“Blah, blah, blah…Can I not hear any more of your lectures?” Ryeowook rolled his eyes. “It’s annoying.”

“Do you have a boyfriend?” Heechul suddenly asked, “I feel left out there. They don’t know space. We should teach them. I’m not going to live seeing them making out in front of my eye.”

“Hey, they’re still kids.”

Heechul scoffed, throwing his arms in the air in disbelieve. “’Kids’ my ! In two years they’ll be twenty.”

“Time flies fast.” He felt like laughing. Why do they sound like parent? “Oh and by the way, I do have a boyfriend.” Ryeowook smiled cheekily. Glad that he finally can tease the man. “Go get one or have yourself got laid if you’re lonely.”

“I’m not ing lonely, you .”

“Mind your language. What if they hear…” Ryeowook reminded as he’s still smiling, filling the boiling water with the ingredients. He couldn’t deny the fact of liking this liveliness, “One more time, you’re sleeping outside.”

“Yah! I’m your guest.” Heechul cried. “You can’t be serious. It’s not like they never curse before.”

Ryeowook sticks out his tongue at the blond, intended to repeat what Siwon said, “I’m deadly serious!”

Silence dominates them as they focus working on dinner and only the sound cooking and their brothers playing from the living room can be heard. The dinner went well lively as usual whenever the Chois are there. The atmosphere was warmly pleasant though the Cho brothers weren’t in good terms. But thankfully with the help of Heechul the week without exchanging words with his brother is no more valid.

That night before everyone went to sleep Ryeowook apologized to his brother and promised him he would tell him everything. Kyuhyun accepts his brother’s apology and embrace him into a delicate hug, he felt bad for silencing their days since this has never happen to them before. But still, deep inside him he demanded an explanation. He wished this would never happen again.

“I don’t think I can sleep if we keep cuddling like this.” Kyuhyun sleepily protests despite liking the warmth from Siwon’s embrace.

“I can. You smell sweet, Kyu.” Kyuhyun smiled at the compliment while Siwon rests his head on top of his, showering sweet kisses on his soft brown hair. “Also, how can I not want to cuddle with my beautiful lover?”

“B-beautiful?” Kyuhyun flushed. Now since when did Siwon become a sweet talker?

“Yes, you’re beautiful, don’t you know you are? Beautiful, my very beautiful lover.” Siwon chanted repeatedly then heaves a small laugh as he remembered something. “Whenever we have our date, guys and girls had their eyes on you. It’s like… you’re the center of their attention. Don’t tell me you don’t know that too?”

Kyuhyun raised his eyebrows, a little bit perplexed by what Siwon said. “I didn’t know that. Are you mistaken? I think you mean they have their eyes on you, Siwon. Especially girls…” He said by what he remembered when a few girls seated near where they were whispering something about how good-looking Siwon was and of course, he can’t ever deny that.

“Really?” Now it was Siwon’s turn getting surprised by what he heard. “But I’m sure their eyes were on you.” He denied, sounding jealous. Kyuhyun caught that well and chuckled.

“If that is, jealous?”

“Sometimes.” Siwon admitted while looking away.

“Hey, you don’t have to. I don’t know them.” Kyuhyun said and peck Siwon’s forehead before changing into sitting position, taking an album from his drawer. “I want to show you this.”

Siwon sits beside him and snuggled closer. “Your album?”

“Yes.” Kyuhyun smiled as he opened the first page that shows four of his baby pictures wrapped in small polka dots blanket. The next pages had him on a white small baby bathtub, holding a green toothbrush with those small hands, looking bewildered at the camera. Some had him smiling cheerfully.

There’s even a picture of the four year old him dressed in black and white stripped clothing and vanilla pants, lying down on a wooden floor with his elbows as support, hands on his chin as he smiled sweetly at the camera. Some has him playing with toys, watching television, reading books, and playing at the garden.

“You’re very adorable Kyu.” Siwon smiled.

There are also pictures of him with his mother celebrating each year of his first to fifth birthday.

“This is your mother?” Siwon takes a closer look at the pictures that has Kyuhyun’s mother in it.

“Yeah, hyung always said I resemble her a lot.”

“Wow, he’s right. She’s very beautiful, just like you. Now I know where you got that beauty from.” Siwon compliments again, this time not only making his lover blushing but also smiling in longing. Kyuhyun turned the pages again, revealing pictures of his time with his mother and brother.

“I’d look at her pictures at times when I forgot how she looks like. I thought I’d always remember everything about her even after she left me with hyung.” Kyuhyun said. “Having the hobby to take important moment of our lives is what I’m always grateful of mother. Because of her I could pay a visit to pieces of my childhood that I hardly remember. Looking at these made me think I should do the same.”

He turned another page, arriving at his moments with Siwon.

“We have these here.”

From their first picture when they meet at the Lovers Statue and their times together. Siwon didn’t know that most of his pictures were taken secretly by the boy, even at times before they date. The pictures stories their moments from then till the current time. Before he met Kyuhyun he wasn’t fond of his picture being taken, perhaps back then Kyuhyun knew and took them secretly, even telling him the reason why he loves taking moments before asking for a picture together. However that changed after he knew him, because the boy has this peculiar habit of bringing camera.

“Siwon?”

“Hmm?”

“Are you angry?” Kyuhyun smiled apologetically.

“No, I’m amazed.” Siwon ruffles his lover’s hair. “Those are good shots there. You’re good and… I didn’t know we always look good together!”

Kyuhyun chuckled. “That’s exactly on my mind whenever I look at these pictures.”

“Who’s this?” Siwon pointed at the picture of young Kyuhyun standing side by side with a boy in rain coat, taller than him in red cap. “Your hyung?”

“No, I already asked him.” Kyuhyun sighed. “Looking at the date…This was taken a week before my sixth birthday. Hyung and I first met a month after it.” Siwon then remembered Kyuhyun had told him that he wasn’t living with his brother until the age of six. Apparently Ryeowook grew up with their auntie. “I think this was my childhood friend. I found this in mother’s old drawer.” He takes out the picture and flips them, reading the two words his mother left.

Let’s meet again. I wonder who this is…” Kyuhyun murmured, putting it back inside and proceed flipping the next page. Now most pictures consist of him with his best friends and the newest ones where Siwon is in it.

“Oh? This is…”

“Why? The black and white picture?” Siwon nodded, Kyuhyun guessed that right. “This is my favorite picture of my mother and her high school friends.”

The three boys and two girls standing side by side under the cherry blossom tree in their uniform, bright smile painted their face. Seojin – the one who had the brightest smile among them – his mother stood in the middle holding a bouquet of roses and chocolate. The atmosphere looked bright. It seemed that they just celebrated an important event. Sometimes Kyuhyun wished he could be there too.

“How is this possible?” Siwon said under his breath.

“Hmm? Why?” Kyuhyun said, looking between the picture and him.

“I know them.”

“Huh?”

“Especially them.” Siwon repeated as he pointed at the two boys in the picture, somehow confused by the unexpected encounter.

“Y-You know them?” Kyuhyun puzzled, “Wait, how?”

“Kyuhyun ah, this is my father. Choi Jaehwan.” Siwon referred to the one standing beside Kyuhyun mother.

“What?! Are you serious?! Your father?!”

“He’s my father, why wouldn’t I recognize him.”

Clearly, Kyuhyun never expect that.

“How is this… Possible?”

“I wish I’m not because I didn’t expect this at all. I recognized him here since back then I used to look at his old pictures.” Siwon sighed. No wonder the people in that picture looked familiar to him. He’d seen them before in his father’s photo album.

But he never saw Kyuhyun mother before.

“What a small world.” Kyuhyun said in disbelieve.

Then – Siwon wondered – Does his father know that Kyuhyun and Ryeowook is the child of his late friend?

“It is.”

“Then…This, you know him too?” Kyuhyun points to the guy standing beside Siwon father.

“That’s Park Taeho. He’s a detective at Incheon. When I was young he used to visit the house often to see father but I never see him anymore. He’s a great uncle to us.”

“How about this guy?” He pointed at the boy who had the least smile, stood beside the short hair girl who had her arm wrapped with Seojin’s.”This girl too…”

“Song Yuna. She’s like an auntie to me and… This is Jung Minhyeol, father’s good friend. They still meet each other to this day mostly for business inquiries.”

“Jung…” Why does that name ring a bell for Kyuhyun? “Jung…?” When a moment of realization hits, he quickly turned his head at Siwon. “This Jung could it be…Jessica’s…?”

“You’re right. He’s Jessica father.”

Meanwhile on the other side of the room, their brothers are bickering to settle which gets to sleep on the bed. Heechul hugged the most comfortable pillow he found in room – the one covered in soft giraffe spots colored-sheets – to his unknown that is actually Ryeowook’s favorite one.

“I’m your guest. Shouldn’t I be sleeping on your bed?”

“There’s nothing different sleeping on floor…No…Look, I already prepared a mattress there.” Ryeowook snatch back his pillow. “Give it back!”

“I don’t want my back hurt.” Heechul said playfully and slump his body down on the comfortable bed, ready to layer himself with the blanket when Ryeowook pull them away, kicking him until he falls to the mattress. “Are you ing kidding me?” Heechul yelled. “Choi Ryeowook!”

“Oh! You dare yelling at me?” Ryeowook scoffed, “Lower your voice and don’t you call me that. I’m not a Choi but a Cho.” He smirked and laid himself on bed, pulling the blanket to his body.

“That will change anyway…” Heechul replied back as he throws away the small man’s blanket to the side. “Once you’re in our family.”

“I don’t want that.”

“You can’t take back what father said.”

“I can try.” Ryeowook said like a whisper, eyes looking in solemn. “Will you help me?”

Heechul clicked his tongue. “I have absolute no power in that. Why don’t you try asking your right hand man?”

“He might listen best at his son.” Ryeowook said as he sits straight. “I don’t see any necessary with that family plan.”

“You’re his son too.” Heechul frowned, seemingly doesn’t like Ryeowook denying they have the same father. “Whether you like it or not, wake up, this is reality. Fine, you disagree about father’s plan. Go decide yourself on that but unless you tell me why, I still don’t understand why a part of you dislike that title.”

Ever since he knew they share half the same blood, he’s been trying his best treating him like a real brother,

“I can see that father cares about you. Perhaps that’s why he’d like to put you and Kyuhyun in the family registration. He knew the two of you are his responsibility, his sons. Also, if he didn’t care, why, ever since your mother passed away had he been taking care of you, giving you a life support?”

“Unlike what you said, you’re not a man of your words.”

Heechul scoffed. “Excuse me? We’re out of line here.”

“I’m stating the fact. You said you hate repeating things but you just repeated the question that I answered back then when we had our drinks at night on the day you found out I’m your half-brother.” Ryeowook said.

“Yah, are you picking an argument now?”

“It’s late already, why should I waste my time arguing with someone who hardly keeps his words?”

“Forget it!” Heechul lays on the mattress and facing his back on the other.

To which the small tantrum made Ryeowook smile and sends his half other a good night, before snapping off the bed lamp.

 

“I said I’m not apologizing. I did nothing wrong.”

Minho pushed the boy on the shoulder who threw a basketball to Kyuhyun’s face. An accident or not, it still made his friends boiling in silent anger. “Tell the truth. Or I’ll beat you.”

“I clearly saw you did that on purpose…” Changmin added with his arms crossed while Sooyoung hid behind Victoria who had been sending daggers ever since the incident happened – not liking what that boy did to their best friend. She was talking with Kyuhyun not a while ago when she saw the boy from afar whispering something to his friends before hitting him hard with a basketball. She could see it was all planned, not to mention the bullying that’s been pointed to Kyuhyun already happened for months.

The boy scoffed, “Picking a fight huh?”

“Minho, don’t.” Kyuhyun said and gives the boy who hit him a small smile. “It’s okay, you can go now.”

“Tell me you’re kidding. Are you going to let him go just like that?” Minho asked in disbelieves. “Goddamn it! This is not like you!”

“Kyuhyun has a point for that.” Victoria speaks up, her sharp eyes stabbing the boy internally. “So let’s settle this verbally. He’s a chaebol, if we touch him he might tell his parents. We don’t want to get in trouble for that.”

“I never involve my parents with my school life!”

“That’s good. They’re actually involved in it because they pay for your school fees.” Victoria said straightforwardly. “Anyway, I barely talk with everyone in class except for my friends but it doesn’t mean I don’t give a damn about others. You never made any trouble before. We’re in our last year, in a few months we’re graduating. It’s not nice seeing another trouble after another. I’m sick of it. Tell us the truth. That was on purpose, right?”

“Heck, it’s an accident!” The boy yelled. Almost half of their classmates stopped their activities to see what’s going on. “What the heck is wrong with you all? Are you accusing me of something I never intend on doing and what is he? A girl? It’s just one hit. It’s nothing!”

“Enough.” Minho grabbed the boy by the collar. “Watch what you’re saying.”

Kyuhyun remove his friend’s hand from the boy, about to say something when in the corner of his eye he saw Jessica standing by the sports hall main door facing their direction. He leaves his friend in spot and walk towards her who seems taken aback by his approach. He pulls her by arm, grabbing her near the stairs. They stood faced to face. Kyuhyun soft eyes staring at hers, that’s everywhere but him.

“I want to know why –“

“I hate you.” Jessica blurted sharply. “It’s because I hate you, I despise you that I made them bully you. Satisfied?”

Surely, Kyuhyun expects her demeanor to change like that.

After what she’s done, when he already thought of her as one of his friends.

“Why?” He asked calmly but hand balled into fist. From the way she stared he could tell how much she hates him. “Tell me. What have I done wrong?”

She scoffed, looking at him in distrust. “Don’t pretend like you don’t know. You look pathetic like that. After you already stole Siwon oppa from me you still have the guts to ask? I can’t believe you at all…really. You’re even worse than before.”

Kyuhyun frowned. “Jessica… I never steal Siwon from you.”

“Never?” Jessica scoffed again and pushes him on chest hard with her hands. “Say that one more…Never?! You clearly steal him from me you useless !” She yelled.

“Jessica…” Kyuhyun takes a deep breath. “Calm down… Let’s not talk like this –“

“From the very start you know him I know you might steal him away from me. I should’ve kept him away from you but I was so stupid for doing nothing! Siwon oppa is my childhood friend.” She pushed him again until his foot almost reaches the tip of stair. “I hate you. We’ve been by each other’s side until now and I really like him…No…I love him and yet why…Why did he choose you, why not me, who knows him longer than you?! Why, why, why?!”

“Jess –“

“I hate you.”

With her last push, Kyuhyun foot slips. His body rolled down the stairs until he hits the floor. Jessica watched everything with wide eyes. She gasped and her breathing erratic as her eyes land on Kyuhyun now unconscious figure. Slowly her legs bringing her towards him and she bend down with her wavering hands she tries waking him.

“K-Kyuhyun….”

He didn’t respond.

“Kyuhyun…Kyuhyun…Wake up…Please.”

He’s barely breathing. She fell on her knees, body trembling in fear.

What have she done?