Past chapter 03

Passerby

“Kyu?” 

“Hmm??”

“Kyuhyun ah!” Ryeowook called. 

“Yes hyung?! What is it?!!”

“Lazy boy! Stop dating your lappy, get your here and help me carry these!!”

“I’m not a lazy boy hyung. I did my work properly and work on time.” Kyuhyun chuckled before carrying his towards his hyung who’s having a hard time alone carrying each boxes around, “What are those boxes?”

“Old boxes obviously!” Ryeowook sighed dramatically as he dropped one to the floor. “I’m planning to take some things out and put them on a collection. Photo albums that is, remember that we have plenty of those?”

There’s like a small light bulb appeared above Kyuhyun’s head, “We used to made one every year!” He then started to give a hand by carrying more boxes from the basement to the living room. Finished, they sat on the floor and begin to see each album one by one, recalling past’s troublesome and wonderful memories. 

“I was this skinny?!” Kyuhyun exclaimed as he found his young picture on his old high school album. 

“Don’t start.” Ryeowook grimaced.

Kyuhyun sniggered as he quickly realizes what his brother meant, “Hey! I’m not insulting you! It was the fact that I’m skinny and you’re the one who has that… Chubby features!” 

“Just because I used to be—” Ryeowook paused. “No, you used to tease me lots back then!”

“Just for your info, I’m still teasing you now.” Kyuhyun admitted and Ryeowook threw a dusty album to him.

“Ouch.” Kyuhyun took the album that has been thrown to him and opened it. By the time he saw the first picture, his eyes widened and sad smile begin to form on his lips.


Kyuhyun POV 

PAST


It was finely autumn season.


From days to days I planned to stroll around to some tourist places and take pictures to make it into photo album. The school holiday will not be long over but at least it was enough for me to make up some refreshments. And here I am around kind looking strangers with their families who lovingly spent their wonderful time together. Each picture I snapped creates anticipation in me for sometimes later in future for me to reminisce back the things I used to do.

I held my camera firmly before snapping the picture in my view however I halted as I saw a familiar tall figure.

“Siwon-ssi?” I called from afar. He turned his head towards me and I wave  afterwards, approaching him. “And here I thought you’ll be studying at home. What are you doing here?”

The smile that formed on the edge of his lips was not missed by me. “It’s not your business.”

I smiled back at his indecency. “We are friends, even though it’s not that long yet… It wasn’t wrong for me to ask such thing.”

I held my camera firmly again and positioned it near my eyes. “The lovers’ statue was fascinating.” He commented.

“I could sense your jealousy.” I smirked and take a snap of the statue. “Take my picture.” Before Siwon declined, I gave my camera to him and position myself near the statue. With a peace sigh and my charming smile I waited for Siwon to take my picture however almost a minute passed he just stood there with himself too, positioned as if ready to snap the picture.

What is he doing?

“Oh…Sorry..” He said and straight away snaps the picture. He returned my camera as he avoided my eyes and walks away just like that. That Choi Siwon guy, sometimes he’s really strange. Did I do something wrong? I catch up to his steps behind. As I was following him behind the crowds started to fade away. 

Then I realized he had this good back body shape. Secretly I took a picture of him from behind. It fits perfectly when the leaves are descending from the trees. Maybe this could make Siwon to thank me later.

Then he came to a stop in front of two old couple who’s taking their dog a walk. It seems that he’s getting a long with them and afterwards he knelt down and pat the dog. It ran and hides behind his back that he had to turn around. I was about to hide quickly but then I realize he’s not aware of my presence.


Snap.


I couldn’t exactly decipher myself of capturing that moment. The moment of him smiling sincerely as he caressed to the creature. It was really different. Seeing that moment creates a warm feeling within me and I smiled too, looking at this different side of him. 

He looked really gentle and earnest. 

Siwon finished his business with the two old couple and their dear pet. Moving to the next thing I trailed behind Siwon like a stalker. Or…Am I? The further I followed him it leads me to a much less crowded place until it reaches to a place whereas there’s no other than Siwon and I. What astonished me was it stops me to a place which was more breathtaking than places I’ve ever been.

On the middle there was a large path to an unknown route whilst on the sides were cherry blossom trees with its leaves beautifully descends from its branches. I was awed by the view that I had taken my halt to continue trailing.


Snap.


He turned around and looked at me plainly. Too plain that I couldn’t describe what the look on him tells me. I knew he’ll caught me soon. From the edge of my eyes I look at him and noticed him approaching me with a bike.

“Hop on.” Siwon said.

I gave him my ‘you serious?’ look before hoping on the bike’s backseat. Slowly he begins to cycle the bike and I take my chance to enjoy the view ahead.

“You don’t look surprised. Perhaps you knew I followed you?”

I could hear his soft chuckle and it was really atypical to my ears. “I knew.”

“You’re not mad?”

“No. Why should I waste my energy to be mad?” Siwon asked back. 

“Look who’s being really nice today.” I joked. “I thought you’ll left me there.” 

We are friends.’” I just don’t know how that came out from him. “That’s …what you said.”

We fell into a deep calm silence. However there I was, seated behind him, I was momentarily touched by what he said. Somehow I could feel sparks forming within me, followed by warmth and ease. 

After minutes of cycling Siwon parked his bike near the brown bench. As I got off from the bike, I hand my camera to Siwon.

“Siwon. Hold the cam, let’s take a picture together!” I could’ve been the one to snap the picture together but I’m not tall enough to capture the perfect angle.

Siwon is tall and I’m shorter than him. That one part  made me jealous of him.

“From up…” I said and Siwon still looked confused, “Stretch your arm and—” Still, he couldn’t do it.


“Wait, don’t tell me you never take a picture before?”

“I did. Picture with family…”

I raised an eyebrow. “Friends?”

“I’m not a fan—” I somehow get what he wanted to say.

“Buddy, being friends with me, you’ll experience capturing moments.” I said. “My ambition is not to be a future photographer although…Someday if we were to separate our own ways, this moment will be the witness of us ever being friends! Right? Now hurry up!” He finally made the move to snap the picture and finally did it.


“Great!”

 

 

Kyuhyun’s deep thoughts disappeared as Ryeowook snatched the picture he’s holding. “Hmmm…a picture with Siwon!” Ryeowook then looked at his brother. “And…Whats with the frown?”

Kyuhyun forced a smile before snatching back the picture from his bothersome brother and put it back inside the album. Afterwards he stacked the album together in one place and put it back in one box. 

“Why are you putting them back?!”

“I don’t need them hyung.” Kyuhyun said casually and start taping his album box. “Besides, you were only planning to take back yours but not mine wasn’t it? I’m going back to finish my work. Is there anything I could help you  before I get back to my business?” 

“Nope. I still have more to do but Kyu, just go back to your work. I can do these alone.”

Kyuhyun stands, placing his hands on the waist. “You sure hyung? Those are pretty heavy.”

“Thousand percent sure.” Ryeowook forced a grin.

“Alright then..” 

“Kyuhyun.” Ryeowook called sooner than Kyuhyun completely turned around.

 

“Don't even start, hyung. I don't ever want to talk about it."

 

“What I want to say is...Moments you create and capture are worth to be cherished than to be frowned at.” 


“Hyung...” Kyuhyun sighed, smiling. “I know hyung…I know.”