008

Passerby

Siwon stops in front of the opened taxi door and turns around.

 

Part of him is hoping for Kyuhyun to stand behind the glass walls and watch him departure from the hospital. There’s this something that creates a desire in him to see Kyuhyun for the last time. Despite the things that Kyuhyun lied about them and every lies that Kyuhyun told him, somehow does not seem to affect the way he thinks about Kyuhyun.

Kyuhyun is kind, caring and sincere. What’s only disappointing Siwon was that Kyuhyun lied. He guessed he was right for doubting the things Kyuhyun said because whenever he ask Kyuhyun something regarding the past, the latter would hesitate or either change topic to avoid the questions that was given.

Apart from those, he’s thankful of Kyuhyun’s treatment towards him. Kyuhyun had taken good care of him in hospital. Even though now is not the best time to see each other face to face and act normal as if nothing happened. However, now he wants to see him for the last time and he can’t lie about it, he can’t lie to himself.

Suddenly realizing for having those thoughts he frowns. How can he? Why is he hoping for Kyuhyun to appear before him like the first time he wake up from his two months coma state?

“Siwon.” Donghae calls and Siwon snapped his head back to him.

“Yes?”

“Are you sure you don’t want to say goodbye to Kyuhyun?”

Siwon didn’t leave his eyes from the hospital lobby as he’s in deep thoughts.

“I know he deceived you and all those stuff… That’s crazy but… Shouldn’t you at least…See him before you leave? Maybe he got some things to say to you.” Donghae said as he remembers Kyuhyun’s request to send Siwon back to Seoul safely.

Siwon starts to walk inside the hospital and Donghae goes inside the taxi.

Siwon got these feelings that Kyuhyun might be visiting his room to find no one there. Arriving near his room, he’s not surprised to find the door opened wide. Kyuhyun is there, standing nearby Siwon’s used-to-be bed in front of the window.

“Kyuhyun-ssi.”

“You shouldn’t be here.” Kyuhyun said bluntly, not turning back. “Don’t waste your time dragging your painful legs here. You’re going to miss your flight.”

Siwon approaches Kyuhyun slowly and stops by a not-so short distance.

“Kyuhyun.”

“…”

“I know.” Kyuhyun said and turns around to face Siwon. “I’m…Sorry for…lying to you.”

Siwon is taken aback by Kyuhyun’s expression and also the thing he said. It was the type of expression when you’re going to lose someone. Kyuhyun might be hiding those however, Siwon could see it clearly.

Kyuhyun takes something from his jacket pocket and give it to Siwon.

“This is your phone…” Kyuhyun said and Siwon takes the phone from his hand. “Your friends and family contacts are all here… So, you don’t need to worry about finding a way of contacting them.”

Siwon stare at his phone. It seems broken since it has a broken screen. Turns out then he realized it was the phone he once saw during Kyuhyun’s sleepover in hospital just a few days ago.

“Thank you for being with me these past few months.” Siwon said as he looked back to Kyuhyun and the latter just stare at him expressionless. “You could have told me the truth...I don’t know what’s your intention of doing these…But I’m sure you must’ve your own reason and maybe…you should just keep it to yourself.” Siwon paused and continues,

 

“What’s important now, please take care of yourself. You don’t need to skip your meals and work anymore to watch me in the hospital.”

 

Kyuhyun grips his hands and looks away.

Siwon thinks it’s better to pretend that nothing has happened, but can he do that? They are strangers from the beginning so what’s so hard about it?

“Siwon-ssi!” Sungmin appears to be running from far away to the room where Siwon is. The latter takes a deep breath and exclaimed, “I heard you are leaving? Is that true? You’re not finished with your therapy...”

“Yes, I’m leaving. The doctor said I can be discharged from the hospital.” Siwon smiles and he takes a glance at Kyuhyun who is blankly staring nowhere. Afraid to be distracted Siwon thank Sungmin for the help, bid his goodbyes to both people and leave the room, without giving any last glance to the back.

Siwon opens the taxi door and goes in, “Donghae, let’s go.”

“Are you ready? Your brother is waiting at the airport…You’re going to meet your family again. I’m not sure of what’s going to happen…but I wish the best for you.” Donghae said and Siwon just look away to the car window. “Will you tell him about the accident?

“Just go with the flow, don’t you think it’s better that way?” Siwon said.

“Maybe you should try.” Donghae said. “If you can.”

“Please pretend this never happen…”

“But your brother might ask about it.”

“Please.” Siwon said as he massage the bridge of his nose.

“Alright.” Donghae said, “Did you meet Cho Kyuhyun just now?”

“No… I can’t find him.”

 

 

Heechul drove to the airport by his own car and hurriedly drag his heavy feet to the waiting area. Siwon, his brother that has been missing for nearly six months will be back today. He couldn’t be more excited but at the same time he’s feeling nervous. Stomping his feet impatiently, he could feel his hands sweating. Every announcement made him to think that it was Siwon’s flight that has arrived to Seoul safely.

Heechul straighten up as another announcement appear. This time it was from Incheon. One by one each passenger walked past him, he couldn’t see his brother but he expects Siwon to appear safely and healthy, since he knows Siwon had just left the hospital yesterday night.

“Siwon? Choi Siwon? Siwon ah!!” Heechul’s eyes spot two familiar figure on the entrance, but obviously he’s only going to hug the first figure he spotted, none other than his younger brother, Siwon. He hugged him tightly until he could heard Siwon winced in pain whilst Donghae told him to calm down but he couldn’t careless. He’s really grateful to have his brother back home.

“Finally!”

“Uh…”

“Yah you stupid brat!” Heechul smack Siwon’s head, “No news or whatsoever. Where have you been huh? Hospital? Did you hurt yourself?”"

“Umm…Yes...” Siwon answered.

Heechul laughs then frown, “Heck, what’s wrong with you?” Then he turn his head to Donghae. “Yah, what’s wrong with my brother? Did you do something to him?”

“No! Of course no! All I did was to bring him back here.” Donghae stuttered, “I guess Siwon is still not feeling well since… he has a flu.”

“Flu?” Heechul feels like tears starts to form on his eyes. He then hug his brother again then smack his shoulder. “You’re back and that’s all matters. Be a man and don’t let yourself fall. Man, you’ve gotten thinner since the last time I saw you.”

Heechul didn’t stop talking while he them to his car at the parking place. He showered his brother with lots of questions. Where he has been staying, what kind of duty he has at Incheon and literally, everything that made Siwon as a missing person. Despite not getting the answer he expected, as long as Siwon is here with him, everything is settled.

“Oh right, once you return to the company, you won’t be thrown with meeting schedules. Don’t worry, ever since you’re not here, I’ve taken good care of the LT Food company.”

“Why are you taking the backseat?” Heechul puzzled and make his brother to sit at the front seat, right beside the driver seat. Strange for him, he has never seen Siwon taking the backseat. To see Siwon taking a backseat was one hell a record once in his lifetime. Heechul had noticed one strange things from Siwon, he doesn’t know what made the latter to act strange and dazed lots.

“Or do you want to drive instead?” Heechul asked.

“Huh? Drive? No thanks.” Siwon tries to smile.

“So formal…” Heechul frowns. “You act really strange today.”

“I think it’s the effect of the medicine he consumed.” Donghae said. “Don’t worry, he’ll get over it later.”

“Right.” Heechul decides to save those for later as he starts the engine and drive away. “Jiwon scan’t wait to see you.”

“Oh… Really? How…Was…Jiwon…doing? Is she…well?” Siwon asked hesitantly, not even knowing who Jiwon was.

“She’s doing fine lately.” Heechul sighs. “But I’m sure she’ll be very delighted to see you. Who’s not delighted after seeing their brother back after six months?”

“H-hyung.” Donghae cuts. “Am I going to the mansion too?”

“Tch, of course you are, .” Heechul scoffs, tapping on the stirring wheels. “You’re the one who find Siwon and gets to bring him back to Seoul safely. Unless you want me to drop you near the police station.”

“Ah…Nope. I’m planning to have a week of rest.” Donghae chuckled.

“Then, make your stay at our mansion. Have a small vacation there.”

“Really?”

“Im serious. Right Siwon?”

“Y-yes…”

 

 

It looks like time need to give Siwon a time to grasp everything. Today he met someone named Heechul who Donghae claimed to be his older brother. The guy was pretty rude but deep inside, Siwon feels comfortable around him. Maybe because he’s his brother after all despite can’t remember any of those. He doesn’t know what Heechul has been talking about nor knows what to do. All he could do is not to talk much and observe everything while trying to adapt in his old environment and wait for his memories to return.

Throughout the long drive, Siwon says no more as Donghae and Heechul is the only one who’s talking.

“Here we are!” Heechul exclaimed as he stops the car engine. Siwon looks outside the window and not too amazed with the mansion view, he doesn’t know why. Was that his family house? There’s this feeling that his body might refuse to walk into the mansion. Once he’s out from the car, Heechul escorts him towards the mansion. A pretty long walk indeed, but once they arrive in front of the door, Siwon realize how familiar this house was.

“This is …awesome.” Donghae compliments.

“Siwon ah, come one in!” Heechul laughs.

Siwon just stare at him, frowning and even unsure of his own actions until Heechul begin to pull him inside the mansion.

“Why? Are you scared Jessica might be here?” Heechul asked.

Who’s Jessica? Siwon thought. Suddenly in a blink of an eye a lady pulls Siwon into a tight embrace while crying out her heart. Siwon frowns at the sight and his hands subconsciously pats her back and by any minute, he starts to hug her back.

“Oppa…? Oppa…!Y-you’re back…Is this really you oppa? Is this a dream? I don’t want this to be a dream…”

“Jiwon ah… This is not a dream. Siwon oppa is back.” Heechul assures.

 

Oppa…Please don’t leave.”


This is Jiwon right? My little sister? She looks familiar…Like the girl I once saw…

 

“What took you so long to come back? It felt like years….I miss you oppa… Don’t ever do that again…I’m scared…I thought you’re not coming back anymore…”

“I’m sorry…” Siwon tries to assure her. The scene reminds him of the first piece of memory he remembers. The crying Jiwon who doesn’t want her brother to leave. “I kept your promise, to be back. Now don’t cry…”

Jiwon chuckles and wipe her tears. “Yes, you kept your promise. And…who might this be?” She asked after she saw unfamiliar figure beside her brothers.

“My name is Lee Donghae.” Donghae introduce himself. “Nice to meet you.”

“He’s the detective who found Siwon.” Heechul explains shortly. “He’ll be staying here for, quite a while I guess?”

“Detective? You found my brother?” Jiwon said, surprised. “Oh! Thank you so much!! I’m Choi Jiwon, Siwon oppa and Heechul oppa younger sister. Once again, thank you so much for finding my brother and brought him back here.”

Donghae smiles. “You’re welcome…”

While Donghae and Jiwon are talking, Heechul asks the maid whether the rooms are neatly prepared, especially Siwon’s room. Fortunately for Siwon, the maid were asked by Heechul to lead Siwon to his room. If it wouldn’t for Heechul’s request, Heechul might got suspicious of Siwon’s behavior.

“Your room….” The maid bows.

“That’s okay. Thank you.” Siwon said and the maid left. He takes a look at his olive colored room. It was really neat that it took him a while to make a step inside. Everything looks clean, as if it was cleaned every single day, as if it were never been used. The room was really big as half of the house’s living room. He doesn’t remember about being a fan of olive colors nevertheless, he really likes it.

“I know you’re not missing this room.” Heechul’s voice appears. “Nightmare wasn’t it?”

Siwon doesn’t know what his brother is talking about.

“You can stay in the other room if you want, or…stay in your apartment? But, if you want to stay in this room, it’s fine. Try to bear with it and don’t worry.” Heechul sighs, eyeing Siwon with a relieved look. “I’m telling you, she’s gone for good, unless you want her back.”

Siwon assume it was the girl Heechul once mentioned, Jessica. Who was she exactly?

“Jessica…” Siwon hiding the question mark tone.

“But of course you won’t want her back.” Heechul pats Siwon on the shoulder. “Sorry, for reminding you of her. By the way, did you lost your phone? I kept calling you but you didn’t answer.”

Heechul kept calling him but he didn’t answer? That’s when his phone was in Kyuhyun’s hand. “You right, I lost it.” Siwon lied and push Heechul out of the room. “Hyung, sorry, I think I need my time alone. I’m sleepy.”

“How about lunch?” Heechul asked but Siwon already closed the door.

“I’ll be down later.”

 

 

“Rough day?”


“Huh?” Kyuhyun look up to his brother who just placed a glass of warm milk on the table for him. “No.”

“You were spacing out and…” Ryeowook point to Kyuhyun’s phone that has been ringing. “Your phone.”

“Oh?” Kyuhyun looks dumbfounded as he realize his phone as been ringing. He takes it by hand, not seeing who it was and answers it.

“Hello?”

 

Kyuhyun ah!”

“Oh…Heechul hyung? What’s up?” That was expected. Kyuhyun knows why Heechul phoned him.


Siwon is back.

 

Am I disturbing you? Cuz I have good news!”

“No, really?”

Siwon is back.” Heechul said behind the phone. “The detective I hired found him at the hospital. I never know why Siwon was there before he told me he has flu and got admitted to the hospital.”

“Oh…That’s...That’s great.” Kyuhyun tries to smile. Flu? Did Siwon not tell his brother about the accident and everything? How about his memory loss? “So..Is he okay now?”

Kyuhyun could hear a nervous laugh from Heechul that slowly turns to sobs. “I’m just, really glad that he’s back. I couldn’t imagine loosing my brother…To be honest Kyu I…I really thought that he’s dead since he send no news to us and— I have these feelings something happened to him while he’s out there."

Kyuhyun sighs, trying to be calm.“Hyung….Siwon…He…Might be surprised if he sees his hyung crying.”

Y-yeah. I...” Heechul chokes. “... Sorry….I got…carried away. I didn’t cried when I saw him at the airport.

“It’s okay...” Kyuhyun said as he feels his eyes getting warm. “Let everything out and...”

It’s no wonder Heechul got a feeling something happened to Siwon. Something did happened to Siwon. Heechul and Siwon are brothers after all. The thought of that reminds Kyuhyun of Siwon’s car accident and how badly he’s injured while stayed asleep in the hospital for two months and recovery process for another three months. He’d wait and wait for Siwon to wake up. Everyday he visits the hospital just to see how Siwon was doing.

The next thing he knew, Heechul’s cry influenced him.