Past Chapter 17

Passerby

“That’s how it ends?”

Kyuhyun nods, head rested comfortably on his lover’s broad shoulder.

“Yeah, what more do you expect?”

“If you never ride a bicycle in the first place then you shouldn’t try going to school with it.” Siwon reminded as he’s secretly smiling at how adorable and clumsy his lover is. He is now riding the bicycle with Kyuhyun seated behind hugging him tightly, as if he were to let go he would fall for the third time which will not sound nice since he already injured his one ankle. “Look at you now! You hardly can walk! I can’t believe you’re this silly! You could’ve told me to teach you, it won’t cost much.”

Kyuhyun smirked at the scolding. It’s strange but he likes it whenever Siwon scold him since it pretty much shows how much he cares. “Won’t cost much you said? What should I pay you with?”

Siwon sighs and right hand hold Kyuhyun’s hands around his waist. “A hug is enough.”

“Really?”

“Hmm.”

“Then how about kiss?” Out of blue the bicycle begin to wobble and Kyuhyun shriek, closing his eyes while hugging Siwon even more tightly causing the latter to cough. In a moment after Kyuhyun hit Siwon’s back, he laughed and the bicycle starts moving normally again. Kyuhyun meant the kiss offer was a joke but after realizing why Siwon acted like that he blushed madly.

“Right, a kiss. Sounds like a very nice offer.”

They arrived at Kyuhyun’s house and Siwon carry Kyuhyun in piggy back straight to the living room, placing him to sit on the couch. “Where’s your brother?”

“He said he’s going home late.”

“Well…” Siwon dropped his bag on the floor. “I guess I’m staying until your brother’s back.”

“By the way Siwon ah, I’m really hungry. I want ramen and fried chicken.” Kyuhyun pouted and Siwon couldn’t help but peck those plump pouty lips. He smiled sweetly like a kid whose about to get his candy treat at Siwon’s affection. “Can you make them for me?”

“Alright, I’m going to make them for us.” Siwon smiled. Just hearing the word us made Kyuhyun happy. Wrapping his arms around Siwon he then returns back the sweet peck and nuzzles his nose on Siwon’s. Both are chuckling at their affection towards each other. Kissing and hugging is already part of their daily habit.

Time passed and it’s been five months since they started dating. Day by day their feelings toward each other grow stronger that it’s hard for them not to be at each other’s presence even for half day. It was one reason why Siwon often visit Kyuhyun’s house after school and stay there longer or even stay over during weekends. Not to mention while dating Kyuhyun, Siwon also gained new friends. It was during the first time Kyuhyun officially introduced Siwon as his boyfriend to his friends (excluding Jessica) and unexpectedly he got along with others pretty well. Everyone accepted Siwon and treated him like a long-time friend. Kyuhyun treasure every moment they spent together.

“Siwon ah.”

“…”

“Choi. Siwon.” Kyuhyun called out loud.

“What?”

“Talk to me.”

“Wait.”

“Now are you ignoring me while you’re cooking?” Kyuhyun said while looking at Siwon busying himself at the kitchen. It’s obvious he doesn’t like to be ignored. Not by anyone else especially not his lover. Still no reply, Kyuhyun smirked as he plans to use another trick to get Siwon’s attention. It worked several times and he’s sure it would work excellent a hundred times. He takes a deep breath before saying out loud, “Honey!

Siwon immediately look Kyuhyun and shook his head. “No. Kyuhyun, don’t call me that.”

“Why not, honey? We’re lovers so it’s normal for me to call you that.” Kyuhyun doesn’t like that nickname either but he likes to use that to tease Siwon. “My sweetie honey.”

“Kyuhyun, please don’t. I know we are but…” Siwon put the kitchen chopstick down, looking at Kyuhyun in disbelieve. He loves to see that funny reaction. “Do understand I don’t like to be called that.”

“Then try calling me one.” Kyuhyun tried to hold his laughter, “Honey, you never called me by that. I want to hear it from you.”

“No.”

“Please, honey?”

“Cho Kyuhyun.” Siwon called in a warning voice. “Why are you always like this?”

“Siwon ah, call me by that just once. I promise I won’t call you that ever again for the rest of my life.” Kyuhyun said while attacking Siwon again with his sweet smile. Unfortunately it always works for him. Siwon sighs and lock his eyes with Kyuhyun’s before saying the nickname that would sure give him a massive wave of goose bumps.

“Honey.”

For more than five minutes straight Kyuhyun couldn’t stop laughing on couch until his body fell down to the carpeted floor with a loud thud. Siwon got worried and approach Kyuhyun only to get another clingy hug. Even though that moment was a cringe, Siwon bother to smile at the sound of his lover’s honey laugh. He felt happy when Kyuhyun is happy.

“Kyuhyun, what do you think about living together?”

“What? Just the two of us?”

Siwon nods, anticipating his lover’s answer.

“Doesn’t sound bad but we’re still young to do that. Though we’ll graduate in a year…” Kyuhyun said, surprised at his lover’s idea. “I like the idea but why the sudden…?”

“Nothing, it just crossed my mind.” Siwon smiled and ruffle the other’s hair messily. Kyuhyun blush at the thought that Siwon really think about their future even thought they haven’t date that long yet.

They finished their dinner by seven and spend another two hours watching movie. As they were cuddling next to each other at living room Kyuhyun felt sleepy however he remembered he had to throw trash outside otherwise Ryeowook would shower him with his boring lecture. Feeling his ankle didn't felt so hurt anymore, with his sleepy eyes he limply takes the trash from the kitchen and walk towards the door when he heard someone conversing outside the gate sounding almost inaudible. He opens the door a little and takes a peek of the voice owners.

Ryeowook hyung and…

Who? The figure he never sees before leaning against the car was a blond hair man wearing an extremely expensive looking neat black suit.

“You should do it now before it’s too late.”

“I don’t have the plan to tell everything.”

“Things that you told me haven’t happened that long yet.”

“You think I didn’t think about it everyday?”

“Then do it. He’s a grown up boy too, he can understand well. I know he’s a smart kid. ”

“I’m not sure if it’s the right thing to do… Maybe it is but…”

“It’s going to be hard but I don’t want you regretting things later.”

“I know I won’t. I like it better like this way. Kyuhyun is happy, that’s what matters to me. I won’t change anything about that.” Ryeowook said sounding solemn. Kyuhyun open the door wide while rubbing his sleepy eyes, yawning and slowly approaching Ryeowook. He doesn’t understand what they were talking about but when he heard his name was mentioned he’s started to get interested.

“Hyung?” Kyuhyun called and Ryeowook turned around with his eyes widen, taking a one step back. Why was he that surprised as if there’s a ghost before him? Kyuhyun thought and shrugs them away as he put the trash on the trash spot.

“Were you…listening?”

“No.” He sleepily looks at the man in blond whose looking at him with a dimpled smile. “Why are you still outside and… who is that?”

“Oh this is...” Ryeowook said before the other cuts,

“I’m Park Jungsoo, a friend. Nice to meet you,” Jungsoo offers a handshake and Kyuhyun hesitantly accepts it. “You must be Kyuhyun.”

“Yes.” Kyuhyun didn’t forget how the man suddenly mentioned his name earlier. He moves his gaze from his brother to the man. “Were you two hanging out?”

“Yeah, we had a meal.” Jungsoo said hastily as if taking a chance before Ryeowook gets to say something else. Kyuhyun thought, perhaps the man is someone who Ryeowook always hung out with, aside from Yesung.

“Thank you for taking my brother home.” Kyuhyun thanked then saw Siwon ahead coming out from the house approaching the three figures. Jungsoo suddenly give a small bow to Siwon which surprised Kyuhyun, yet he didn’t miss the surprised expression from his face before bowing.

“Oh? Mr. Park, did father told you to fetch me?” Siwon asked.

“Honestly, no. I didn’t know you were here young master. I drove Ryeowook home after we had a meal.” That sounded convincing.

“You two knew each other?” Kyuhyun switch his gaze from Jungsoo to Siwon as he now didn’t feel sleepy anymore.

Siwon nod, feeling rather confused. “He works for the family.”

“This is a very small world.” Ryeowook heaves a smile and pat Siwon on the back.

“Yeah…”

“Then shall I take you home?” Jungsoo said and Siwon nodded absentmindedly, still feeling something was off. Was Jungsoo had been watching him and acquainted with Ryeowook with purpose behind?

“See you later?” Kyuhyun said and Siwon give him his favorite dimple smile.

“See you.”

The very next morning Kyuhyun went downstairs after waking up from his deep sleep. He went straight to bed immediately after the encounter with Ryeowook outside the house. Thus he didn’t have the energy to ask a few questions that he’s pretty curious about when Ryeowook mentioned his name regarding his happiness. The conversation seemed important yet Kyuhyun also didn’t miss the alarmed Ryeowook that night.

“Morning Kyu.”

“Hmm.” Kyuhyun answered while his eyes are still closed. It’s a miracle he didn’t bump into anything when he went out from his room towards the dining room. Ryeowook prepared a chocolate cereal for Kyuhyun and shove the bowl for him.

“Are you going out today?” Ryeowook asked calmly.

“I’d like to but Siwon didn’t say anything about having plans yesterday so I guess I’m staying at home today.”

“Oh…”

“By the way hyung, what was it about yesterday?”

“The cheesecake? I put it on the fridge. Don’t touch the blueberry one.” Ryeowook said not looking away from his phone.

“I mean… the thing you talked about with your friend yesterday night. Don’t you have something to tell me?” Kyuhyun open his eyes to see Ryeowook now staring at him, vaguely bewildered yet despite still in sleepy state it’s pretty much evident for him.

“How much were you listening?” Ryeowook said seriously almost like whispering.

“I heard you mentioning my name.” Kyuhyun points out casually and begin to dig in his breakfast. “Tell me hyung, I’m really curious. Even your friend pestering you to tell everything, didn’t he? I can see you’re pretty near with him, you even told things about me. He seems like a decent guy, I like it when he compliments me and I prefer him than your current boyfriend.”

“It’s nothing. Forget about all that.” Ryeowook sighed and return to his business.

“Did you already know he’s someone working for Siwon’s family?”

“It’s a coincidence, Kyu.” Also, he didn’t forget the point that Ryeowook is working under the Choi Company.

“Pretty amusing for one, you also knew Heechul hyung who turned out to be Siwon’s brother.” Kyuhyun smirked at his brother and blurt out one of his random thoughts. “Are you actually close with Siwon’s family?” Ryeowook suddenly bang his fist on the table with a very loud thud, making Kyuhyun instantly flinch and stop whatever he’s doing. He was surprised by what his brother just did in this very fine morning. Usually Ryeowook would cheerfully pamper him with stories and be the one talkative for the rest of the day. But for once in his lifetime, he never saw his brother irritated like that. Despite knowing Ryeowook for years the sudden sensitive behavior actually frightened him.

 

It’s almost as if he’s facing another person.

 

“You’re really annoying...!”

 

Kyuhyun wanted to apologize but Ryeowook stood up from his seat and walk towards his own room, slamming the door before him.

 

“Hyung?”

 

What just happened?

 

A/N: I apologize if the plot is quite messy but thank you very much for reading!  I really appreciate it! Please dont ever hesitate to spill your opinion or critiques for this story!