002

Passerby

Siwon wakes up and his lips form into a smile as he looks to the left. He founds Kyuhyun sitting on the chair, once again sleeping with his head on top of his stomach. He could feel his calm breathings as he studies the unknowingly beautiful figure once again yet, scared to have the urge to wake the latter up. Siwon realized that Kyuhyun has been staying over in the hospital lately just to watch him and he feels quite bad about it. The last time Kyuhyun said that he’s a part time writer makes Siwon think that Kyuhyun might have pile of works to do and yet finished.

He’s still in daze yet he could feel his own hand moving to touch Kyuhyun’s soft-looking brown hair. Siwon may be quite unnoticeable when he’s looking at someone. The more he observes him the more he got this feeling of familiarity. Could it be that this is the process of his memory recovery? Or maybe it was just his hallucination since he wants to recover fast. But he was reminded once again by the doctor’s statement that it’ll take a time to recover from this type of illness. Slowly he caresses Kyuhyun’s hair and with one move he moves his hand away as Kyuhyun stirred up from his deep comfortable sleep, covering his mouth as he yawns.

“Good morning…” Siwon greets and Kyuhyun immediately straighten up himself.

“Oh? Yes, good morning too. I fell asleep yesterday…I’m sorry.”

Siwon smiles and said, “Kyuhyun, I think you should go back now.”

“Siwon ah…” Kyuhyun looks at him with concerns. “I’m okay staying here…”

“No.” Siwon insists.”I’m not telling you not to visit me anymore…But… If you’re always here…I will never learn how to take care of myself right?” he smiles, “Also, don’t you have work to do? I won’t forget the fact that you told me you are a part time writer…” Finally after saying those he feels relief. He doesn’t want to give more burdens to Kyuhyun who has been visiting him daily and even staying over night in the hospital just to watch his progress in recovering.

“I...” Kyuhyun sighs, “You know, I could never say no to everything you say.”

“Did I used to insist you all the time?” Siwon asked with curiosity. With a hope, perhaps little by little he’ll able to learn things about his old self from Kyuhyun. He stares at the latter, anticipating for an answer but before he gets the chance to, the cell phone on the table rings. Kyuhyun flinch and with a swift he takes the phone to see who the caller is. Siwon asked who it was but Kyuhyun didn’t answer as he just stares at the phone.

“Why don’t you answer it…?” Siwon asked.

Kyuhyun ends the call and smile, “Talking about my part time…It was my editor. I don’t really want to answer her but you are right…I think I should go back now, before she appear in front of my door nagging me.” After his words there’s silence in between as he’s fixing his stuff before walking towards the door to bid his goodbye and leave the room.

“I will be back.”

 

Siwon didn’t leave his eyes from the ceiling. He must be asleep from hours ago but his eyes won’t support him to do so. It has been five days since he told Kyuhyun to go back and do his part time work. Not having him by his side feels empty. Even as for today he didn’t have the appetite to finish his lunch, at least he finished only half of it when regularly he ate them all.

He sighs and helps himself to sit on the wheelchair. Right now he just needs to look for fresh air. Perhaps it could brighten up his mood. The main lobby was just nearby and he only needs a few amount of energy to arrive there. It couldn’t be a problem for him, he is sure of that. He knows he can’t always rely on Kyuhyun, even though he may be someone who knows him for quite amount of time. About the unspecific amount of time, he doesn’t know yet since Kyuhyun hasn’t told him about it.

It was rather quite confusing for Siwon. He had also notice that every time he brings up topic about his old self or either asked Kyuhyun about it, the boy will always try to avoid it. Just maybe, could it be that the boy didn’t want him to know about his past? No, he shouldn’t doubt him like that. Siwon knows he shouldn’t do or think of anything that’ll make him doubt of the boy. Indeed it was bewildering for him. What would you do if you wake up and not remembering anything about yourself and you meet someone that suddenly claims to be your lover?

“Okay I got it! You don’t have to tell me that! What do you think am I, a kid who’s clueless of everything?! You…Do you have to be this rude?!!” Siwon train of thoughts disturbs by the noise that he could almost tilt his head a bit as he heard and sees the man beside him whining and screaming to the phone.

“You, are you sure this is the place?! I’m not going to let you live if you’re trying to trick me again into some place that I don’t know…. Okay, I will try again… I will tell you when I got some clues. I’m turning off.” Finally the man stopped.

“It could be better if you done it outside. There are patients here…  Work problems?” Siwon sighs in relief and looks at the man.

“I’m sorry about that… Yes, it’s quite a habit of me to have work problems.” The man bows lightly before introducing himself, “Uhm…My name is Lee Donghae, and I’m… I don’t think I’m in time for lying. I’m detective from Incheon.”

“Detective from Incheon…?” Siwon puzzled.

“Yes. Here in Incheon.” Donghae said while sighing, “My senior told me to stay here to look for someone since he said he’s certain that this was the place… I’m…I’m not actually part of this group job either. But I don’t know why I’m doing this! Ahh this is just so frustrating!!”

“Looking for someone?” Siwon repeated. “Have you tried asking the hospital receptionist?”

“Yes I have.” Donghae follows up with the talk. “But when I asked them the name of the person, they said there was no such name registered at this hospital. I find it weird though. Maybe my senior had given me the wrong information or hospital… But I’m sure when he repeated those over again, the location is here.”

Siwon understood as he thinks going on further with the conversation from some detective would be a bad idea. He admits the guy looks friendly and not seems like a detective at all. Anyone who could have seen him might think that he’s just a normal visitor. That’s when he looks away, he saw Kyuhyun walking into the lobby. Siwon is glad that Kyuhyun took notice of him too and approach him in seconds.

“Kyu, welcome back…” Siwon greets. “What took you long? I’ve been waiting for days.”

“I just have some work to do but I almost finished it. Thanks, it’s a good thing you reminded me of my work.” Kyuhyun said as he’s about to push the wheelchair.

“Wait.” Siwon then turns left to Donghae. “Donghae-ssi…? I’ll be leaving first.”

“Oh?” Donghae noticed, “Sure. It’s good to talk to you.”

“Good luck in finding that person.”

“Thank you. You too, get well soon.” Donghae smiled and waved as they walk further away to the patient room section.

“Who was that?” Kyuhyun asked.

Siwon knows Kyuhyun will ask that so he simply said, “Lee Donghae. He’s a friendly guy. A while ago he was talking to one of his co worker and seems to have some work problem. That’s where our conversation starts. Well, I hope he can fix those problems soon. So how was it? Last time, did your editor really showed up in front your apartment door?”

“No, I did come back safely without having to see her there.” Kyuhyun chuckled and continues, “It was as if I’m in the edge of cliff. But still, thanks for reminding me. Are you feeling much better now?”

“Feels better, it’s been months since I’m here. I can’t wait to be discharged soon.” Siwon said.

“That’s good.” Kyuhyun smiled.

“Excuse me!” Someone shouted.

“Stop…” Siwon said as he recognizes that voice and Kyuhyun halts. He looks to the back and he was right. Donghae, the guy he just met earlier is now running towards their direction breathlessly and stopped right in front of Siwon.

“Wait…” Donghae said as he takes breath.

“Donghae, what’s wrong?” Siwon asked but Donghae just shook his head. "Are you okay?"

“Nothing wrong… I … Excuse me.” Donghae faced Kyuhyun. “You...Have we met before? I think I’ve seen you before…Somewhere…”