004

Passerby

Siwon sat right up on the bed, staring straightly on the sleeping figure.

He does not realize what time he had been staring at Kyuhyun who seem to be sleeping deeply, or even what time he had awake. He can just stare at the latter while thinking just what made him to forcefully asked Kyuhyun last night to answer his questions. Maybe Kyuhyun didn’t want to answer him because he’s still affected by Siwon’s condition and afraid to spill anything that’ll make him refuse to listen more. Siwon doesn’t know why this assumption came just right after he’d wake up from his sleep.

Siwon is getting better. Anyone could tell how much he improved in walking. Even the doctors are quite astonished by Siwon’s short-time recovery. It was considered short by the doctors since Siwon’s kind of car accident usually takes more than anyone ever imagined, plus after his long-time coma state.

He tries to land his feet on the floor and touches the table as the support for him to stand. He hisses in pain as he could feel a slight shot of pain on his knees. This time when he gets nearer, he could closely look at Kyuhyun. He had this urge to touch the latter’s face as he realize how beautiful Kyuhyun sleeping figure looked like but just when he wanted to do so he could hear a cell phone rings.

The cell phone screen was spotted by Siwon under the blanket. With his curiosity he quietly tries to move the blanket away to see who the caller was. This reminds him of what Kyuhyun had told him. Probably it was Kyuhyun’s editor who tries to remind him of his unfinished works. Siwon chuckles, he can’t imagine Kyuhyun getting nagged by a noisy editor right in front of his apartment. However… he thought Kyuhyun had finished his work before he pays a visit here yesterday?

He picks the cell phone and finally sees the name. He is quite surprised as well that the screen of the phone slightly has a crack on it. It was there written on the screen, but he’s unable read it since it’s not clear. However though, he can see the back letter is written ‘hyung.’

Now that he knows it was a male, probably it was not Kyuhyun’s editor. Kyuhyun never mention anything of having an older brother. He shrugs, is mentioning it important? Something tells him to answer the phone. Should he? It was Kyuhyun’s. Does he have the right to?

Siwon doesn’t realize the moment Kyuhyun was awake, the moment when Kyuhyun snatch away the phone and moves farther away from Siwon’s spot.

“You’re awake…” Siwon said, looking surprised. “Your phone…It has been ringing…”

“O-oh… right… I heard…I-I’m sorry about that…I acted spontaneously.” Kyuhyun opened the back case of the phone and takes out the phone battery, then placed it inside his bag. “I’m not a fan of picking up phone calls… It was probably my editor. I think I need to go back now... Before she calls me again..”

Siwon tries to hide his puzzled face. It wasn’t Kyuhyun editor. It was someone he assumed of his brother.

Kyuhyun look at Siwon and helps him to sit back on the bed. “You shouldn’t try be standing there for too long. Does it hurt?”

“Not really. It’s fine.”

 

 

“Kyuhyun, are you still in contact with the LT Food people?”

“I’ve severed my ties with them.”Kyuhyun answered his brother’s question plainly with hands still typing on the keyboard, with eyes not leaving from his computer screen. Somehow he has, no, wants to get his work done within the day so he can visit the hospital again since Siwon awaits him. However, he stopped typing as he realizes his petite brother’s question seemingly to send him an unpleasant feeling. Curious, he rests his arm on the table and faces his brother’s fidgeting figure with frowning face.

“Why are you asking that?”

Ryeowook scratch the back of his not so itchy head. “I...Nothing, I was just asking.”

“Hyung, don’t lie. Why are you asking such question when you knew from the beginning that I severed my long term ties with them?” Kyuhyun said, almost raising his voice.

“Fine then,” Ryeowook sighs, “It’s strange. This morning one of them called me. I don’t know where he gets my phone number or knowing that I’m your brother. He admitted that he’s your friend from LT Food and lost contact with you so he asked me for your phone number and I gave it-”

Hearing this, Kyuhyun abruptly stands, startling his brother, “You gave my phone number without any of my permission?” He has no intention to be mad at his brother. It startled him knowing that his brother gave his phone number to someone he’s not sure he knows. Ryeowook said it was his friend from LT Food, the company where he used to work for. But actually in the past, he hardly makes friends easily, unlike his brother who’s outgoing and often has friends invited to their house.

“What do you mean? It’s just a phone number. Kyuhyun, you never told me of asking you first before giving your phone number to someone. Anyway, he said it’s urgent. Has he called you?”

Kyuhyun look over to his phone and take it by hand. “Hyung, you gave my number this morning when he said it’s urgent... No, I have not received a single call.”

“Is that so...” Ryeowook said, smiling weakly. “I’m sorry about that. For making you mad... I should’ve asked for your permission.”

Kyuhyun shook his head and slump back to the chair. “Forget about it. What’s done is done.”

 

Scratch.

“Oh my look at that... You finally made a quite amount of progress. What are you drawing there?” Lee Sungmin, the therapist asked at ease.

“Flashy images... Doctor, it’s strange. I also hear voices.”Siwon said slowly as he’s not leaving his eyes from the drawing book, not even halting his hand which swiftly draws.

“You heard voices? Images... What did you see?”

Siwon hesitantly nod, “A young woman crying endlessly at the same time begging me not to leave... What I’m feeling now is that I couldn’t bear seeing her crying like that... Maybe what I’ve done after all was wrong...”

“Is that the young woman you draw?”

 

“Oppa, please don’t leave.”

 

Siwon stops. “Yeah...”

“That’s a good progress...” Sungmin relieved as he write down notes. “If you do not mind...Do you remember anything else?”

“That’s all I could remember at least, for now.” Siwon smiles, standing and begin to close his drawing book. “Doctor, I will come to you whenever I make a progress. I’m also looking forward to gain back everything I used to own.”

“Okay, but I’m not allowing you to force yourself. I know how bad you wanted it to return.” The therapist smiled. “If it’s too hard just tell me about it. I’m here to give you a hand, even though it will not entirely comfort you.”

“Alright, I will. Thank you.” Siwon thanked him, before setting himself up alone in the bed.

Lately he’s been hearing and seeing unclear images. As if it was an old broken video tape played repeatedly. The therapist said those were part of his memories. The more he overdoes to remember, the clearer the images and voices.

Siwon closes his eyes and tries to see what he just remembered again.

 

“Siwon Oppa, where are you going?” The young woman with long hair whom he doesn’t know asked. He can’t see her face since it’s not clear.

“Somewhere...It will not be long.”

 

The sweat on his forehead showing signs that he has difficulties despite the cold room he’s in.

 

“Oppa, please don’t leave!” The woman hugs his arm refraining him from leaving. He could hear her crying endlessly. “Please don’t leave...Please...”

“I will be back...”

“I know you’re lying...You’re lying, you can lie to others but you can’t lie to me.”

 

Then he frowns as it unexpectedly changes to another scene.

 

It was raining. It seems that he’s driving on a road surprisingly with a high speed. He barely could see the road ahead. Suddenly he could hear a screeching noise. It was unpleasant. The moment it goes on it gives him fear. This unavoidable fear continues to go on constant until he felt the car moves wobblingly, abruptly stopped followed by a crash sound.

 

It stops.

 

Was that an accident? Siwon opens his eyes, straighten up himself and breathes heavily. That was a different one than he could remember. Maybe this is why he’s not allowed to force himself. Remembering those brings him a pain headache.

“Siwon...?” He snaps his head towards the door as soon as he heard Kyuhyun’s voice.

“You’re back...”

“What’s wrong? Are you okay?” He could hear a concern tone from Kyuhyun’s voice.

The latter pour a glass of water and give it to Siwon. After finish drinking he place the glass of water on the table.

“Siwon, take a deep breath. Slowly and steady-“

Siwon doesn’t know what made him to suddenly pull Kyuhyun into a hug, resting his head on Kyuhyun’s shoulder. But this, he strangely finds this comforting enough to soothe himself down.

 

“Please...Lend me your... two minutes.”